• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Edit: Aw hell with it. It's two weeks in and it probably won't matter, but I decided to throw in a vote for Krystal. That makes 5 characters I voted for. King K. Rool (3 times), Bandana Dee, Shantae, Ridley, and now Krystal. I had to if those THIRTY playthroughs of Adventures with my sibling meant anything.
Thank you! We won't tell. ;)

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
Edit: Aw hell with it. It's two weeks in and it probably won't matter, but I decided to throw in a vote for Krystal. That makes 5 characters I voted for. King K. Rool (3 times), Bandana Dee, Shantae, Ridley, and now Krystal. I had to if those THIRTY playthroughs of Adventures with my sibling meant anything.
This is why the Krystal thread needs lightening up. I feel the serious tones by some of the members alienate people away from the thread. As much as the haters are a detriment, maybe us as the fans are just as much as a detriment. We just got support for being a group that people want to be around. Maybe this change into a more fun and enjoyable thread, could very well be the last step into making our favorite vixen a reality.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
Every vote counts!

Fun question: If Krystal gets in, how hard would you fangasm at her announcement trailer?

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
I remember when Golden Sun Dark Dawn was announced. I screamed and hugged the TV. That's the benchmark at least.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Knowing myself I would start hitting stuff and screaming I wouldn't care If anyone else is present I would still freak out like a loon.

Yes thats my way of celebrating things Hitting stuff... it's cool

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
It's a gif party now.

Hey Edgy, from what piece of fanart does your avatar come from?

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Every vote counts!

Fun question: If Krystal gets in, how hard would you fangasm at her announcement trailer?
That depends if she comes with a stage.

I will be happy if she gets in.

I will be ecstatic if she comes with an Adventures stage, complete with Adventures music.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I guess it depends on the stage.

For a hypothetical Krazoa Palace Stage (for both platforms):

-Krazoa Palace (Main Theme for 3DS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTzpFz6IGnE
-Ocean Force Point Temple (possible alternate theme for 3DS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJKTFm-FMC4
-Dragon Rock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3CGYH48BAw
-Dark Ice Mines https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9bkPUA1WOA
-Cloudrunner Fortress https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYOR0IxgfZk
-Galleon Fight (possible alternate theme for 3DS?) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTDybxSbz4
-Drakkor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0ckhcseAcc

For a hypothetical Thorntail Hollow Stage:

-Thorntail Hollow Day (Obv main 3DS theme) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2TpvjZ1Sg
-Thorntail Hollow Night (Obv alt 3DS theme) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHifmTMyAZI
-Snowhorn Wastes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8pqV11IWzE
-Cape Claw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8noonzD6Rs

Just some I can think of off the top of my head.

Thorntail Hollow Night, Dragon Rock, and Cloudrunner Fortress (Spiral Stairs) would be my top picks.

I can see Krazoa Palace being more moody and dark like Unova League. I can see Thorntail Hollow being more atmospheric and chill like Garden of Hope.

Hory sheet!!
I just listened from start to finish some of this and some of them have potential to be Smash tracks! I always remembered SFAD soundtrack to be my least favorite (sorry command now you have my least favorite) now hearing some of this again with headphone made me appreciate this Soundtrack more I should have never doubted about you David Wyse.

Krozoa palace was always my favorite Piece I diden't knew the part that sounds when Krystal gets captured played too.

Edit: Dark Ice mines is so beautiful I'm so playing this again with Music 100% and Sounds 50%
I'm serious people go and listen that!

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Every vote counts!

I would fangasm pretty hard. It's something I've been waiting to see for nearly a decade. Would be funny to do reaction videos and post them to this thread if that happened so we can all revel in each other's excitement.

Then I would check the comments and see how much salt comes from the haters.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hory sheet!!
I just listened from start to finish some of this and some of them have potential to be Smash tracks! I always remembered SFAD soundtrack to be my least favorite (sorry command now you have my least favorite) now hearing some of this again with headphone made me appreciate this Soundtrack more I should have never doubted about you David Wyse.

Krozoa palace was always my favorite Piece I diden't knew the part that sounds when Krystal gets captured played too.
David Wise did this soundtrack?

I guess Retro really was as apt of a suggestion than originally thought...

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that while I'd love any Adventures stage, I think Krazoa Palace has "Krystal" written all over it, and is the place where the game begins, ends, and you return too pretty frequently. It also has one of the best pieces of music on the soundtrack that would be the default theme on both consoles.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Something I'm noticing from this music is that they are very long.

Most Nintendo music only last like minute and a half then it loops over and over. most of this songs last 3 or 4 minutes before it loops again gotta give credit to adventure for that!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Poor Wise. Everyone's busy blasting tracks from Donkey Kong Country 2, and here he has this underrated soundtrack that's not getting anywhere near the same attention.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Poor Wise. Everyone's busy blasting tracks from Donkey Kong Country 2, and here he has this underrated soundtrack that's not getting anywhere near the same attention.
I've been saying it for years, Adventure's soundtrack is my JAM, and I didn't even realize it was from Wise. That actually explains a lot. I love his tracks. Honestly for the longest time I was painstakingly searching for the Main Menu/Pause theme because I love how it sounded.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
They are stupid ignore them, the greatest way to get them mad is for us to get Krystal in Smash
That's the best way to go. I don't care if they get upset about it. But we have come this far and to have someone deny her chance to be in Smash. Even with Zero delayed, I don't think that this is going to hurt Wolf and Krystal's chances to be in Smash 4's DLC. This will help them out a lot more.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
This would be an accurate portrayal of me if Krystal is confirmed.

Would you all catch me if I fall down? :estatic:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Every vote counts!

On the same level of Snake's Brawl reveal. If both Krystal and Snake were shown at the same time I wouldn't be here to post as I would have just died.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'd love if Wayforward did it and made it 2D. That would be odd, but interesting.

Flyer, that would be neat. I was thinking more along the lines of something like Ico, except Fox and Krystal work together to solve puzzles and fight. Fox would bring his blaster and be suited for ranged combat, and Krystal with her staff would be the melee fighter. You could switch between the two, and some parts of the game would split the two of them up.

Best part though? Campfire scenes! For heart-to-heart talks and OTP goodness.
I've imagined a 2D remake of it being a combination of these

Funny how (IIRC) no one complained about this game doing something entirely different from the original. Though people did hate it for having a ridiculously high difficulty.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
An overhead 2D Adventures would be fun! You'd even have the Chrono Trigger/Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga thing with Krystal/Fox following behind the leading sprite.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh you. :secretkpop:

Glad you're enjoying the show. In the end, that's all these threads really are.
Indeed. I'm just happy about the positivity I see in this thread nowadays. It changes from back when we learned that Krystal seemingly wasn't in Starfox : Zero. Plus there's less bashing, less Ian complaining (we still love you man lol), and less people being annoyed by the fact that haters are hating on our favorite vixen for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I mean, laughing at their stupidity is much better than getting angry because of their remarks. It's kind of like the smog has lifeted.

So poetic.

-

I actually love the Zelda social, it was already pretty fun at the very beginning, but there's way too much activity there, it's kinda hard to follow. I'll say I quite like the residents there though, everything is really funny. It kinda has to when you play such a bad character anyways. Speaking of that, how do you envision Krystal if she was DLC ? So far every single DLC character (but Mewtwo) has been great. I'm hoping she would follow in their footsteps, especially since I'd envision her as a really good ranged attacker.

-

-

As for a stage, I would say Krazoa Palace, but I would imagine Thorntail Valley, just because it appears in two Starfox games. Kind of, I mean.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Umm...Guys...We may have a huge problem... There is a new laek that came up. And it has many things like a new character Shovel Knight. A new stage, something Runbow. Finally it lists costumes...and Krystal is part of it along with serval other top tier ballot characters such as Shantae, Chibi-robo, Ice Climbers (Male and Female) Waluigi and a few other.......

I'm really f***ing scared...I really am. I feel like the feeling you get when your really freaked out...I've always said that the costumes mean nothing but with this many level tier ballot characters getting costumes....

....I really feel like crying already.....

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Umm...Guys...We may have a huge problem... There is a new laek that came up. And it has many things like a new character Shovel Knight. A new stage, something Runbow. Finally it lists costumes...and Krystal is part of it along with serval other top tier ballot characters such as Shantae, Chibi-robo, Ice Climbers (Male and Female) Waluigi and a few other.......

I'm really f***ing scared...I really am. I feel like the feeling you get when your really freaked out...I've always said that the costumes mean nothing but with this many level tier ballot characters getting costumes....

Shovel Knight?!, You have got to be kidding me!, Where is the leak from?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Is it just a text leak? Than take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Is it just a text leak? Than take it with a grain of salt.
It has several pictures to go along with it. I never take "leaks" seriously but this is the first one to call out so many characters asking with Krystal as costumes and it just feels like something Sakurai would do...especially after the King K. Rool and Chrom outfits. I really don't want this to be true and its the first time in agreeing with almost everyone on GameFQAs.

I found this from a link on GameFQAs that leads to 4Chan that TC archived.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It has several pictures to go along with it. I never take "leaks" seriously but this is the first one to call out so many characters asking with Krystal as costumes and it just feels like something Sakurai would do...especially after the King K. Tool and Chrom outfits. I really don't want this to be true and its the first time in agreeing with almost everyone on GameFQAs.

Can you link us? Nevermind.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It has several pictures to go along with it. I never take "leaks" seriously but this is the first one to call out so many characters asking with Krystal as costumes and it just feels like something Sakurai would do...especially after the King K. Tool and Chrom outfits. I really don't want this to be true and its the first time in agreeing with almost everyone on GameFQAs.

Remember that pictures can be doctored, if there's video footage I'd be more worried, but this is Omni Rayman all over again

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

King K. Tool? Also post the pictures.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If this leak is true and we don't get any characters from the Ballot as playable characters I will refuse to buy anything Nintendo related, because that is deceptive advertising and I WILL NOT EEEEVER LET ANY COMPANY GET AWAY WITH THAT KIND OF CRAP,

Top Bottom