• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
One thing i never understood is that why are you called a furry if you want Krystal in smash? Dixie and Banjo Kazooie supporters are treated like everyone else but if you support Krystal, its like they don't think you like her for the character or the series.

If Krystal does get in, i can see the hate dying down. Just look at Duck Hunt. And besides, to many people act like furries are weirdos when they're just as normal as everyone else.
Well there are plenty of thoughts on the matter that why people hate Krystal. The furry part is clearly just a cheap shot by someone who doesn't understand what a furry really is, and is the haters "easy way out" of the conversation. So basically it's just pure ignorance and nothing more.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lots of would-be Krystal fans were stopped due to insecurity over being called a furry. Labels still have so much power.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
If Krystal gets in Smash 4 it would be her play style that determines how people will respond. Even if people like or hate her now, ultimately her play style will be the deciding factor

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm still of the opinion that lots of pros will feel compelled to pick her up and try her out just to see what she has. She'll be rated fairly one way or another.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
The thing i fear the most is what the smash ballot will do after the character is revealed. If we get only one character then everyone will go crazy. They can't choose to many characters because eventually the team will disband, but if they choose to little characters then everyone gets a salty and will complain.

In the end i feel like people will complain no matter what and i hope we get at least 3 or 4 characters because that sounds reasonable

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The thing i fear the most is what the smash ballot will do after the character is revealed. If we get only one character then everyone will go crazy. They can't choose to many characters because eventually the team will disband, but if they choose to little characters then everyone gets a salty and will complain.

In the end i feel like people will complain no matter what and i hope we get at least 3 or 4 characters because that sounds reasonable
I think we'll get at least four from the Ballot, personally, and potentially more.

Then again...it's just an educated guess.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

Ugh...If we only get one character after waiting six months I don't think I'm not going to be the only one that gets upset.

giantstuffeddog

Smash Rookie
One character would be such a cop out, I would probably scream if that happened lol.

..unless that one character were Krystal. ;)

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
One thing i never understood is that why are you called a furry if you want Krystal in smash? Dixie and Banjo Kazooie supporters are treated like everyone else but if you support Krystal, its like they don't think you like her for the character or the series.

If Krystal does get in, i can see the hate dying down. Just look at Duck Hunt. And besides, to many people act like furries are weirdos when they're just as normal as everyone else.
It's because she's one of the three queens of em, which is kinda true, but still stupid regardless as this can be countered on whoever they like, whether they be the same kind or not.

Carmelita, Krystal, and Renamon are the big three.

By the way, how the hell do you view Miiverse messages? I've only been able to see em on the WIiU, but not on my 3DS or my PC. I've gotten some stuff is why i'm asking, and i'd like to be able to share it.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Speaking of Miiverse the Fox Support comunity just exploded with Krystal posts probably because the anniversary?

I was really surprised when I randomly decided to play Fox in Miiverse You guys should check it out!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Here's an hipotetical question.
I've seen some Krystal supporters or people that don't mind her being DLC say they would like her to be like Melee Fox.
How would you feel if she ends up turning like that like litterally the same blaster kicks no staff.

Honestly If that would be the case I would say no to that (as much as I like Krystal T_T) there's already too much debate on SF characters being too similar we don't need to agrave things more. and It would be a HUGE missed opprtunity.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Here's an hipotetical question.
I've seen some Krystal supporters or people that don't mind her being DLC say they would like her to be like Melee Fox.
How would you feel if she ends up turning like that like litterally the same blaster kicks no staff.

Honestly If that would be the case I would no to that (as much as I like Krystal T_T)there's already too much debate on SF characters being too similar we don't need to agrave things more.
Agreed. One of the main reasons I'm supporting her is so that Star Fox could get a character that would shake things up a bit. It's easy to give her a moveset unlike Fox and Falco (what with her staff and all). I'd think it'd be lazy to resort to a Fox-esque moveset for Krystal.

I mean at the very least it certainly would neglect her source potential.

EDIT: Yep, the next Smashified is hands down Dixie Kong:
It's a rendition of the DKC2 main theme. It sounds really good though.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
XeVioN, I hope you're ready. This is a hollow victory for me though. Really wanted Krystal.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Oh well, it's just Smashified. We all figured it was probably Dixie Kong, and it's not as if she's a bad character for them to render, by any means.

Besides...maybe we'll get an official render in a few days?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
It's because she's one of the three queens of em, which is kinda true, but still stupid regardless as this can be countered on whoever they like, whether they be the same kind or not.

Carmelita, Krystal, and Renamon are the big three.

By the way, how the hell do you view Miiverse messages? I've only been able to see em on the WIiU, but not on my 3DS or my PC. I've gotten some stuff is why i'm asking, and i'd like to be able to share it.
Yeah, but even so, last time I checked nobody is calling people furries because they like those two, or any other on that matter. It still just ends up being simple minded ignorance from the haters.

What do you mean exactly? Doesn't it work the same on all those platforms? Meaning that if you're able to find what you want on Wii U, shouldn't you be able to find it on pc as well?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah, but even so, last time I checked nobody is calling people furries because they like those two, or any other on that matter. It still just ends up being simple minded ignorance from the haters.
Aren't Lucario, Renamon and Krystal the big three of the furry fandom in general? I could be wrong for leaving out Sonic.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Aren't Lucario, Renamon and Krystal the big three of the furry fandom in general? I could be wrong for leaving out Sonic.
Well I only really know that Krystal and Renamon are popular, for what ever reason.

I think trying to make them into a "top 3" or top whatever is quite pointless since not everyone in the furry community likes the same characters and so on. There are definitely some that are more popular than others, but still, in every community there are still different opinions and tastes.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

It's cause she's apparently sexualized i.e. she has boobs in a game with animals that have realistic proportions and a skin-tight jump suit while flying an arwing, or if your going off the adventures design, she's a tribal girl wearing a tribal outfit

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
It's cause she's apparently sexualized i.e. she has boobs in a game with animals that have realistic proportions and a skin-tight jump suit while flying an arwing, or if your going off the adventures design, she's a tribal girl wearing a tribal outfit
Anyone that uses "sexualized" has a reason to dislike anything character or thing is looking for a cheap away to hate on something or is looking to get offended by something easily.
Sadly she is the main female character on the series in a normally male only roster. That is to be expected sadly...

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I'm learning how to use blender and looking at all of those Krystal mods on krystal archive.. I wish I had time to make my own that could resemble Krystal more. I could make a short film of what her moveset while using the sound clips from Adventures and Assault from krystal archive but there's no way I could do that within a week.. plus I have to put my characters 1st cause it's my future job to become an indie animator. :/

What do you guys think? Should I make a lame smash ballot comic (on miiverse) or work on a Krystal model and make a short film of what her moveset could be like in Smash? The Krystal short film could take a few months since I'm moving in October and I'm not an expert on rendering an animation just yet but it would give us something to look forward to while we're waiting for her to be confirmed.. o.o

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm learning how to use blender and looking at all of those Krystal mods on krystal archive.. I wish I had time to make my own that could resemble Krystal more. I could make a short film of what her moveset while using the sound clips from Adventures and Assault from krystal archive but there's no way I could do that within a week.. plus I have to put my characters 1st cause it's my future job to become an indie animator. :/

What do you guys think? Should I make a lame smash ballot comic (on miiverse) or work on a Krystal model and make a short film of what her moveset could be like in Smash? The Krystal short film could take a few months since I'm moving in October and I'm not an expert on rendering an animation just yet but it would give us something to look forward to while we're waiting for her to be confirmed.. o.o
If I were you, I'd pick the project I was most passionate about. I quit things easily, lol. I need motivation to keep it on track.

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
If I were you, I'd pick the project I was most passionate about. I quit things easily, lol. I need motivation to keep it on track.
Quite frankly I'm more passionate about Krystal rather than making a comic about a bunch of other characters that I don't know much/ dont care about. (excluding Dixie, daisy, Toad and king K. Rool) xD

I'll attempt making this film cause like I said, I'm a beginner... ish.. so I hope no one gets their hopes up cause alot could go wrong while rendering making me discontinue. xD (Like when I was trying to render my character Krayon and parts of his legs kept disappearing. xc)

I kinda gave my word about the comic tho.. :c Hmm..

Maybe everyone will forget about the comic if I never mention it? ^-^' xD!!

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Quite frankly I'm more passionate about Krystal rather than making a comic about a bunch of other characters that I don't know much/ dont care about. (excluding Dixie, daisy, Toad and king K. Rool) xD

I'll attempt making this film cause like I said, I'm a beginner... ish.. so I hope no one gets their hopes up cause alot could go wrong while rendering making me discontinue. xD (Like when I was trying to render my character Krayon and parts of his legs kept disappearing. xc)

Don't worry, Krayon! I won't ever forget the comic! :)

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

OMG! SLACKER! NOT MAKING THE COMIC #NEVERFORGET
jk XD

But seriously, if this is what you desire to do, you should go for it :). I sure everyone here will be supportive of you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Even the 30th seems like miles away. I'll have two things to look forward to. The Mother 4 biweekly update and the BOARD CRASHING KRYSTAL REVEAL. You heard it here first. :shades:

I totally didn't just say that to attract 20 different 4chinners, Ledditors and Smashboard lurkers.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Alright, so I did some thinking and realized we've been given 4 male DLC characters thus far. Would it be safe to assume that Sakurai could possibly reveal a female character next as DLC? It kinda makes sense to me because we haven't had a new female character as DLC yet.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Alright, so I did some thinking and realized we've been given 4 male DLC characters thus far. Would it be safe to assume that Sakurai could possibly reveal a female character next as DLC? It kinda makes sense to me because we haven't had a new female character as DLC yet.
Seems like a stretch, to be honest. I doubt they'd look at DLC representation like that.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sure would be nice to have some flipping gender diversity this time. I think Krystal would do nicely. Now that I'm at it, one of my dream waves is:

Preballot:
-Solid Snake (Preferably young version.)

Ballot:
-Krystal
-Cooking Mama
-Marina Liteyears
-Paper Mario

Do you like?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe, I think Dixie would be a good choice for that
="~Krystal~, post: 20195081, member: 78958"]Sure would be nice to have some flipping gender diversity this time. I think Krystal would do nicely. Now that I'm at it, one of my dream waves is:

Preballot:
-Solid Snake (Preferably young version.)

Ballot:
-Krystal
-Cooking Mama
-Marina Liteyears
-Paper Mario

Do you like?
Mine is probably

Pre-ballot:
Wolf
Dixie

Post-ballot:
King K. Rool