• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I wonder what Krystal would look like if she was in Smash 4. The Star Fox characters never really wear the same thing in their games and for all we know they might pull a Wolf and give us Krystal with a new look, or one that's a mash of Adventures and Assault. She'd probably would wear her assault outfit with a Cornerian Jacket

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Seems like a stretch, to be honest. I doubt they'd look at DLC representation like that.
Maybe, I think Dixie would be a good choice for that.
I don't think its too much of stretch at all. In all honesty I believe we're due for female DLC character, and Krystal or Dixie Kong would be the perfect choice for that female DLC character.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't think its too much of stretch at all. In all honesty I believe we're due for female DLC character, and Krystal or Dixie Kong would be the perfect choice for that female DLC character.
But that'd be more because Krystal and Dixie Kong are heavily requested and have quite a bit of moveset potential. The fact that they're female is irrelevant in context, you know?

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
But that'd be more because Krystal and Dixie Kong are heavily requested and have quite a bit of moveset potential. The fact that they're female is irrelevant in context, you know?
Ok you have a point there. I didn't really think about it in the way you presented it. Anyway, I'm just going to sit patiently and keep my fingers crossed for the lolz in hopes that Krystal will be revealed on the 30th when we get that new Mario Maker stage.

giantstuffeddog

Smash Rookie
I wonder what Krystal would look like if she was in Smash 4. The Star Fox characters never really wear the same thing in their games and for all we know they might pull a Wolf and give us Krystal with a new look, or one that's a mash of Adventures and Assault. She'd probably would wear her assault outfit with a Cornerian Jacket
I kind of feel like she'd wear her Assault look if she got in, with her Adventures Tribal look as a possible alt. But, I think it would be cool if she got an updated outfit!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So I read about how people were mentioning to Nintendo about Krystals absence in Zero and wanting to see her again, I noticed there were like 28 mentions on her on FB from the link Krystal Archive provided, one of em from Jordan himself.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
So I read about how people were mentioning to Nintendo about Krystals absence in Zero and wanting to see her again, I noticed there were like 28 mentions on her on FB from the link Krystal Archive provided, one of em from Jordan himself.
Finally it really shows how people are finally starting to appreciate Krystal as a character, we truly achieved one of our goals, but don't celebrate just yet, we need to focus on the ballot, once we get Krystal in Smash then we can celebrate, (Oh great, what am I? John Connor?)

Morbi

Scavenger
Perhaps not, it seems irrelevant; however, we can never truly discern what is or what is not relevant. I actually thought that he had a point, gender might be a factor in one of the DLC characters. Pretty much all viable characters are heavily requested and have quite a bit of move-set potential, so at some point you have to look at what else they offer to the roster. The gender selection tab on the ballot might have something to do with this. Purely speculation, of course. This topic just gave me some thoughts.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
My DLC predictions:
Pre-Ballot:
Wolf
Snake
Dixie
Ballot:
Krystal
Issac
Rool
Inkling
Paper Mario
That's a DLC list I can get behind. Wolf, Krystal, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Snake, Isaac, Inkling, and Paper Mario? I can see like half of them happening at most but I could die happy if they all made it in.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I kind of feel like she'd wear her Assault look if she got in, with her Adventures Tribal look as a possible alt. But, I think it would be cool if she got an updated outfit!
I highly doubt that they would give her the tribal outfit in any form, unless they would completely change it since the rating boards in japan even had issues with palutenas costume. http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/
Plus they even censored Peachs undergarments and had to leave Tharjas trophy out of the game in order to keep the child friendly age rating.

I myself would like it if she would wear her Assault costume along with the same style jacket like Fox and Falco have. A new design would still be interesting though, as long as it fits with Fox and Falco because I'd like them to look like a team, but that's just me.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I
I highly doubt that they would give her the tribal outfit in any form, unless they would completely change it since the rating boards in japan even had issues with palutenas costume. http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/
Plus they even censored Peachs undergarments and had to leave Tharjas trophy out of the game in order to keep the child friendly age rating.

I myself would like it if she would wear her Assault costume along with the same style jacket like Fox and Falco have. A new design would still be interesting though, as long as it fits with Fox and Falco because I'd like them to look like a team, but that's just me.
I never understood why they started to censor smash now. Since Melee it has been possible to look up the skirts of the characters and trophies.

I'm not saying we should look up skirts, just wandering why now they decided to censor it.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I guess they just really wanted that E10+ rating
Most likely this. Sakurai clearly didn't care if people were to try and look under the characters skirts, because it's just fabric, like he says in that "Palutena censored" article. But they obviously wanted to keep the age rating as low as possible.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Did the E rating even making that big a difference? It's not like Melee and Brawl bombed.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Did the E rating even making that big a difference? It's not like Melee and Brawl bombed.
Well it didn't seem to be an issue outside of japan, but maybe someone from cero (japanese rating board) happened to be very strict for some reason for smash 4? Don't know, but all this definitely gives the impression that Krystals tribal outfit is a no no. But it's not really a loss, for me at least. I mean sure it would be neat to have more than one costume, but I'd doubt they would go for that extra mile for it. I just want her to have something that makes her look like a Star Fox team member.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well it didn't seem to be an issue outside of japan, but maybe someone from cero (japanese rating board) happened to be very strict for some reason for smash 4? Don't know, but all this definitely gives the impression that Krystals tribal outfit is a no no. But it's not really a loss, for me at least. I mean sure it would be neat to have more than one costume, but I'd doubt they would go for that extra mile for it. I just want her to have something that makes her look like a Star Fox team member.
I didn't think we'd get an alternate costume out of DLC anyway. I'm fine with the Assault catsuit + jacket combo.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
just pointing this out, the guy who did the Smash pic of Krystal isdoing an art raffle stream, I dont know if you'd want to see another, but if you do then join in while it's still going, you'll need an account though

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I don't see why the tribal costume can't be added there was no problem adding ZSS alt costume or Shulk's definitive costume I can see them doing some changes though like adding a short some bandages or something.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I don't see why the tribal costume can't be added there was no problem adding ZSS alt costume or Shulk's definitive costume I can see them doing some changes though like adding a short some bandages or something.
Shorts are quite a bit different than what Krystal wears and I don't think adding shorts would fix that considering characters like Peach, unless they wanted to have a void under that loincloth which would look weird considering how short it is

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Shorts are quite a bit different than what Krystal wears and I don't think adding shorts would fix that considering characters like Peach, unless they wanted to have a void under that loincloth which would look weird considering how short it is
I still think some bandages down there could work ever seen Ino from naruto?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
There is a difference, although it is a silly one. You see in Japan it is different for a character to have only a swimsuit bikini, than having only panties and a bra, even though they are both quite the same thing.
This is the reason why many fighting games have swimsuit costumes for some characters, because it somehow isn't as bad/the same as having a character in their underwear.
It is silly, yes, but that's how the rating works around there (probably even outside of japan too, but I'm not completely sure). It's almost as funny to me as the "no guns policy" in age ratings. You can't have a pistol that shoots bullets, no, but you can have a RPG that fires a freaking explosives that would cause a whole lot more damage in real life than a bullet. It's really one of the silliest things to me. I mean, I know having explosives in real life is kinda more less likely than having a gun, so I guess the age rating boards think explosives are okay because no kid could get their hands on them (I dunno) and because explosives can be "cartoony" or something. But still, it's just really silly to me.

The only way I'd see her tribal costume working is that they would give her a big skirt (with a blackhole like peach has :p), instead of the loincloth, and her top part would be more "shirt like" that would cover more. Because if you read this http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/ article and compared the pictures that it has, it really shows how strict they can be in japan with this stuff.
Palutenas skirt (or what ever it's called, a dress? I'll go with that) goes lot more higher from the side in the western model than in japans, because they deemed it too "sexual" looking for the age rating they were going for. Meaning that Krystals loincloth would never go through with the current age rating there, unless they would somehow see it like "oh this is an anthropomorphic animal with tribal clothes. Yeah this clothing is okay, no need to change anything, because it isn't a human after all ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), move along"
I doubt even bandages would necessarily fix her clothing issues, since the rating board could deem the bandages as "not really clothing".

The problem isn't that Nintendo or Sakurai would care for this stuff, it's simply the oddly strict age rating board (cero) that is the issue. And if they say it isn't okay, then you have to do it differently until it is deemed as okay, if you want the lower age rating.
Shulks secondary costume is okay, because it is a swimsuit, and cero thinks it's okay to have 'em. People are at the beach in them but nobody is anywhere in public in their underwear (or they are but most likely they'll get a ticket for doing so). And the jogging/training (I don't know what it's called, leave me alone :< ) clothing of Samus isn't a bikini nor an underwear, it's "actual clothing" so it's fine for cero.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I heard that DLC is rated separately then the base game. So there is that.
One issue with DLC being rated separately is that if a future update comes out, it is required for your individual copy of Smash to update for any online content. So if there was DLC that upped the rating a bit, anyone playing Smash online could come across the higher rated content without purchasing the content.

The Assault design is still the safest choice, but Krystal could use her staff and have her moveset tailored more towards Adventures to acknowledge both games. As for Command Krystal, I honestly don't know much about that game, but I'm sure that elements of Command Krystal could be thrown in as well.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I don't think command can be represented movewise I can see her abeing a staff fighter so adventure would be the main focus and a few telephatic powers representing assault.
If they put cold sights as one of her moves then we could get command represented too.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I don't think command can be represented movewise I can see her abeing a staff fighter so adventure would be the main focus and a few telephatic powers representing assault.
If they put cold sights as one of her moves then we could get command represented too.
Though Command was put on WiiU, Smash refuses to acknowledge it, they removed everything from it, which is probably a good thing since now both Adventures and Assault are getting more attention.

By the way I saw this

KrystalSpec.jpg

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Theres the chase the missle part music from command in Orbital gate.

But yeah thats pretty much it the throphies don't mention command at all and Krystal's trophy got rid of the rocky relationship part from command.

Morbi

Scavenger
Command is non-canon, I think we all can assume that now
Is Star Fox Zero not a reboot? Because, if it is, technically everything is non-canon aside from Star Fox Zero. I thought that was why Krystal fans were outraged a few months ago. It was presumed that she was removed from canon, correct? Or did I misconstrue something?

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Is Star Fox Zero not a reboot? Because, if it is, technically everything is non-canon aside from Star Fox Zero. I thought that was why Krystal fans were outraged a few months ago. It was presumed that she was removed from canon, correct? Or did I misconstrue something?
According to Miyamoto it's a "reimagining"

Top Bottom