• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Are we not going to note that Krystal support jumped higher then K. Rool's when shared with supporters on the Pre and Post section?
I thought it would be more fun for you guys to see for yourself.

Even so, I'm not sure what the numbers mean to be honest. Krystal had a massive bump in support percent after the poll was linked here, but then I guess we only had 30 something votes from that period and our total didn't really change much? It's a little confusing, heh. My guess is that we supported Krystal well when we heard about the poll, there just wasn't a lot of us. So 66% Krystal support from us was enough to bump her total up 3%. I suppose the other 34% were people voting late for their own characters after the poll was introduced to us. There seems to be an indication that other characters got vote percents when their communities were linked that weren't anywhere as high as 66%, but still got an equivalent total boost. This could be because they were competing with other character support groups more heavily when the poll was introduced to them. Could be that we had the massive 66% percent support boost because we factored in late when there were less people voting anyways? Basically, there's a lot about these numbers I'm not sure of.

Regardless of what all the numbers mean, we can at least look at our total percentage of support and get an idea. Not too shabby considering we here in this thread apparently only accounted for 36 votes. Obviously there was support coming in before the post was linked. Not sure what time window Source Gaming used to get it's "percentage after linking" stat, but I know I voted on that poll a whole day later. And we could've done even better if we shared this poll more earnestly. It could've been just another poll though and we do see a lot, some of which aren't managed well at all. Silly as it sounds, if we knew it was from Source Gaming we probably would've been more active in getting it out. Imagine if Jordan found it, lol.

So yeah, the numbers are good. It's good to be in the top 5. But I know we could do even better. Which I guess is saying something. Guess my competitive nature would've liked to see something even more impressive, heh.

Edit: ^ I fluffed up this post with more thinking out-loud

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If Krystal is DLC in Smash 4, do you think she will return in Smash 5?
If she sells well, gets enough positive feedback, and if there is still demand for her in Smash 5, then they probably will. Even then, I could see her being low priority, like how Wolf was :(

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If Krystal is DLC in Smash 4, do you think she will return in Smash 5?
She would be automatic. If not in the base roster, then certainly by DLC time. This is provided Sakurai does not botch her implementation and she's every bit the original character we believed she would be.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I'm pretty sure when ballot is over, those smashified characters will nothing more than just an imagination.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Well no, they will just be fan art. They will still exist. They won't magically disappear into the abyss and everyone just imagines that they existed.
The mysterious "Fan Art Abyss"... Rumour has it thousands of amazing art work has been suddenly sucked into this abyss within the blink of eye. Was that piece of art you imagined ever real? Or was it simply the abyss out again for its nightly feeding, alas... We'll never truly know. Some say it sends the art to the inner depths of the universe, others say they're sent to a secret underground government base directly beneath Russia... It is truly the biggest mystery on the Internet..... totally serious

I think all DLC character will be coming back for Smash 5.
Nintendo love their moniez too much for them not to bring back all DLC characters into Smash5. This is also why I'm not fully convinced that Wolf wouldn't eventually come back with or without the Ballot. If Krystal does become DLC for 4, I'd be ecstatic to see her as part of the main roster for 5, but I think it'd be a better idea to bring back at least most of the DLC characters AS DLC, because then at least it gives Sakurai an excuse to give us even more new characters as part of Smash 5's main roster, since obviously it's not being filled up with pre-existing characters.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
The mysterious "Fan Art Abyss"... Rumour has it thousands of amazing art work has been suddenly sucked into this abyss within the blink of eye. Was that piece of art you imagined ever real? Or was it simply the abyss out again for its nightly feeding, alas... We'll never know. Some say it sends the art to the inner depths of the universe, others say they're sent to a secret underground government base directly beneath Russia... It is truly the biggest mystery on the Internet..... totally serious

Nintendo love their moniez too much for them not to bring back all DLC characters into Smash5. This is also why I'm not fully convinced that Wolf wouldn't eventually come back with or without the Ballot. If Krystal does become DLC for 4, I'd be ecstatic to see her as part of the main roster for 5, but I think it'd be a better idea to bring back at least most of the DLC characters AS DLC, because then at least it gives Sakurai an excuse to give us even more new characters as part of Smash 5's main roster, since obviously it's not being filled up with pre-existing characters.
I don't think so. Why make us pay for DLC this game just to cut the same content and have us re-pay for it again? I think DLC characters are pretty much the safest characters fro that reason. Unless Sakurai and Nintendo want a huge backlash for that.

Edit: I have no idea why but when I typed Content it got spelled as a different word that got censored. Lol

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I don't think so. Why make us pay for DLC this game just to cut the same **** and have us re-pay for it again? I think DLC characters are pretty much the safest characters fro that reason. Unless Sakurai and Nintendo want a huge backlash for that.
Eh, good point actually. Didn't think of it like that. Still, I wouldn't expect them to include every DLC character into the main roster because again, people are going to want some new characters and I don't think Sakurai is going to want to fill the game to the brim. (At least not right off the bat) I can see why they'd do it to save time as well, though.

Edit: just thought of this, but another thing they could do is just allow you to pass any DLC you've bought in Smash 4 over to 5, that way you wouldn't have the controversy of having to re-pay for the same content.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Based on BluPikmin's' poll it seems that Krystal is still a divisive character.

Good thing there so "what characters would you rather eat your elbow than buy" ballot for the actual game huh?

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Well no, they will just be fan art. They will still exist. They won't magically disappear into the abyss and everyone just imagines that they existed.
I wouldn't go that far. i'm not saying it wont exist anymore. I mean the drawings would be just a dream.

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
You mean the characters getting in Smash that are Smashified. Don't see why King K. Rool or Isaac would just be a dream in Smash. Unless I'm understanding this wrong. btw the first comment was a joke so you know.
I'm not much of a fan of King K Rool or Issac.

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Still doesn't mean they are unlikely. They are some of the most likely characters in the ballot if Sakurai keeps to his word about fanservice.
I didn't say it would be unlikely. Each smashified character has a possibility of getting in, but I only vote for one person.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All are possible except for Travis. He's lucky there's no CAD coming his way.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
You said just a dream didn't you. That implies that they would be unlikely.
Is that really? You know something? None of our conversation has anything to do with this topic. All I did was share my thoughts. And then you come along and getting smart with me like you have something to gain over me. I don't know what your deal is or your business on this thread, but you never been respectful to me ever since I got here.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Is that really? You know something? None of our conversation has anything to do with this topic. All I did was share my thoughts. And then you come along and getting smart with me like you have something to gain over me. I don't know what your deal is or your business on this thread, but you never been respectful to me ever since I got here.
Why do you see all of my posts as disrespectful to you? You said something that I had an opinion on. I shared my opinion. You didn't have to respond. And you literally did say they were a dream, I checked.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Why do you see all of my posts as disrespectful to you? You said something that I had an opinion on. I shared my opinion. You didn't have to respond. And you literally did say they were a dream, I checked.
It's not about that anymore. It's about the "advice" you gave me. Why did you respond to me like that in first place?

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Its literally friendly advice. Some mods tend to be more strict with the rules.
What you care about what happens to me if I violated the rules? I'm pretty sure there were other people who've done the same thing like I did, but I feel like I'm getting picked on for no reason.

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
It's not about that anymore. It's about the "advice" you gave me. Why did you respond to me like that in first place?
Its literally friendly advice. Some mods tend to be more strict with the rules.
Uh, not that it's any of my business, but if you two really want to carry on this disagreement, how about taking it outside the thread? Or preferably agree to disagree. We're all friends here.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Anyway, here are the results of @BluePikmin11's polls for Krystal.

Krystal was voted on the 4th most.

4. Krystal: 501
Yes: 226
No: 214
Indifferent: 61
Well, we need to keep in mind there're a lot of people still against her for the wrong reasons. There're still people around here who think she would directly prevent Wolf from getting in, or who are completely convinced we're only getting a couple more characters and that's it. Combine that with the fact that vocal minorities are among the most likely to vote on those kinds of things, and you get results that undersell any character who doesn't have a bandwagon, and severely undersell any characters that are cool to dislike.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well, we need to keep in mind there're a lot of people still against her for the wrong reasons. There're still people around here who think she would directly prevent Wolf from getting in, or who are completely convinced we're only getting a couple more characters and that's it. Combine that with the fact that vocal minorities are among the most likely to vote on those kinds of things, and you get results that undersell any character who doesn't have a bandwagon, and severely undersell any characters that are cool to dislike.
This part shouldn't play a factor in the voting since it was merely do you want Krystal in the game. Doesn't matter if we are getting a few characters. I guess it could affect it though.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
This part shouldn't play a factor in the voting since it was merely do you want Krystal in the game. Doesn't matter if we are getting a few characters. I guess it could affect it though.
You're right; it shouldn't...but it still does. You've seen how many "Wolf first" responses there were in RTC, and how vitriolic some of them were. I'm willing to bet a pretty significant amount of "no" votes in those polls came from people afraid that the character in question would prevent one they were more interested in from getting in. "Roster slot" nonsense, basically.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It's nice to see that people care enough about Krystal to have an opinion, good or bad.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And besides that, the yes' outweigh the no's anyways. I'd be more worried if the "indifferent" and the "yes" votes were swapped or something.
Indeed. It could be worse. Unrelated, but do my eyes deceive me or is that a Smart Bomb banner you've got in your sig space? Now that's what I call edgy.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Let's just say @ Flavius Flavius convinced me to join his "cause". ;)
How much is he paying you? Uh huh. Good luck to the both of you on getting it in as a PC. As long as you're still on board for Krystal, I can't get too mad at Edgy for STEALING our supporters.
First this thread, then smashboards, then the world
People like you are the reason Mahjong tile, Spring and Mystery Block are Mario Maker costumes. :glare:

Last edited:
Top Bottom