• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Krystal is one of those characters where her popularity will never truly go away. If it hasn't died by now, I don't think it ever will.
This. If anything it'll make Krystal fans all the more determined to get her into the game afterwards. Despite her absence in Zero, her fanbase is still stronger than ever, so if that wasn't enough to kill the fandom, I don't think anything would be. Technically if she didn't make it into Smash 4, it gives us more time to find ways in supporting her and expanding her fanbase up until Smash 5 eventually comes out. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Smash 5 ended up having something similar to another ballot. DLC ain't going anywhere after all and recently Nintendo have seemed to have taking quite a huge liking to it.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You guys all have cool dreams, mine suck and that's if I actually have dreams I remember.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about what would happen if Krystal didn't make it into Smash 4, she wouldn't gain that popularity she needs to make it back to star fox and will become irrelevant by the time of Smash 5. I honestly think this is her last shot, What about you guys?
I didn't want to say it outloud for fear of being overly negative, but I kinda agree with this.... Only, I don't think an appearance in Smash would affect her ability to join a new Star Fox game, and I think she needs to make Smash 4 to get in 5 because of the poor timing of this reimaging. The unfortunate trend seems to be: PRIORITIZE THE CHARACTERS WHO HAD GAMES OUT RECENTLY!!! If there's another Star Fox that comes, even just before Smash 5 kicks up (and she's in it), I give her a real strong chance. One of my biggest worries is that Smash Bros will become a shameless marketing platform that snubs established Nintendo stars because they haven't featured in a game that released last week.
I've found a lot of your jokes to be quite clever, actually~
Oh, you.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I didn't want to say it outloud for fear of being overly negative, but I kinda agree with this.... Only, I don't think an appearance in Smash would affect her ability to join a new Star Fox game, and I think she needs to make Smash 4 to get in 5 because of the poor timing of this reimaging. The unfortunate trend seems to be: PRIORITIZE THE CHARACTERS WHO HAD GAMES OUT RECENTLY!!! If there's another Star Fox that comes, even just before Smash 5 kicks up (and she's in it), I give her a real strong chance. One of my biggest worries is that Smash Bros will become a shameless marketing platform that snubs established Nintendo stars because they haven't featured in a game that released last week.

Oh, you.
You make a pretty good point here, though I don't think she necessarily needs to make it into Smash 4 to be guaranteed into 5. As you said, her making it into Smash 4 doesn't stop her chances in making an appearance into a future Star Fox game and as far as we are aware Zero is just a reimagining, nothing more. For all we know, by the time Smash 5 is released, we could have even gotten a new Star Fox game after Zero that DOES have Krystal in it, so if that were the case, then the whole "let's just include currently relevant characters" mindset Nintendo seem to currently be in wouldn't affect her chances that time around. Of course we're talking a VERY long time in the future here. It's all up in the air, really. ;)

ive noticed I quote your posts a lot, I swear I'm not a stalker, aha

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
My Smash dreams are always crystal clear. Problem is they're not at all what I want.

I hope you're right (again).
How in the world did you predict Mika?! She hadn't been in a street fighter since Alpha 3! Seemed she was almost forgotten, tbh.
I studied ono just like I study sakurai. I get inside the devs heads.

It also helps that the games i've played the most are literally sakurai's creations, I get alot of info that way, KI and the kirby games really show that he likes to be funny and stuff. hell even in the direct he gave us this glorious gif.

>He likes attention to detail
>He likes it when the character represents an era
> He wants uniqueness first and foremost
> Loves to pick characters that people didnt even know they wanted

Krystal fits all those.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Honestly, I don't think characters like Knuckles will be considered (One rep per 3rd party franchise is fair)
True but Sega is really lacking in the iconic characters department. Name a Sega Crossover game (bar Project X Zone) where most of the characters weren't Sonic ones. Closest they've got is the rights to make Hatsune Miku games.

Miku in Smash? Maybe?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
True but Sega is really lacking in the iconic characters department. Name a Sega Crossover game (bar Project X Zone) where most of the characters weren't Sonic ones. Closest they've got is the rights to make Hatsune Miku games.

Miku in Smash? Maybe?
But Miku didn't originate in a video game
I studied ono just like I study sakurai. I get inside the devs heads.

It also helps that the games i've played the most are literally sakurai's creations, I get alot of info that way, KI and the kirby games really show that he likes to be funny and stuff. hell even in the direct he gave us this glorious gif.

>He likes attention to detail
>He likes it when the character represents an era
> He wants uniqueness first and foremost
> Loves to pick characters that people didnt even know they wanted

Krystal fits all those.
Krystal represents the Adventures era and the Gamecube era, check
Krystal has been considered for uniqueness, check
A lot of people are unaware of Krystal's potential, check

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Betraitor
Well, maybe if people stopped making other characters so appealing around here, maybe we wouldn't have this problem!

Why does everyone else have a comprehensible Smash dream? Mine involves E. Gadd... as a Pokemon Trainer Clone! HE didn't even use Ghost Pokemon for pete's sake!
My dream involved the pursuit of the Winchesters in the DeLorian while being pursued by the Incredible Hulk in Hawaii.....So, Sam, Dean, and Hulk for Smash?

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
A bit off topic but who do you guys think will be the next smashified character?

A few days ago they said "Our 11 character will be female! The first female of her franchise to be smashified.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
A bit off topic but who do you guys think will be the next smashified character?

A few days ago they said "Our 11 character will be female! The first female of her franchise to be smashified.
Their previous hint suggests overlap with a series they've already done, which makes me think Dixie. Maybe Kumatora if they consider Mother 4 to be a legit entry in the franchise. In both cases, I have to go... Why? They already have quality renders of them. Dixie especially with the fanart and the official renders. I want to see Krystal already.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

It's going to be Dixie Kong. They made the mistake of answering a question on Twitter about a hint for the 11th Smashified character. Here's the conversation that ended up in them accidentally giving away the 11th Smashified character: https://twitter.com/smashified/status/638705268273082368

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
It's going to be Dixie Kong. They made the mistake of answering a question on Twitter about a hint for the 11th Smashified character. Here's the conversation that ended up in them accidentally giving away the 11th Smashified character: https://twitter.com/smashified/status/638705268273082368
I havent been keeping up with this, but how often do they update this? I'm wondering how soon before Krystal gets done, not that it should matter really, but I kinda hope she's done before October is all.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
I havent been keeping up with this, but how often do they update this? I'm wondering how soon before Krystal gets done, not that it should matter really, but I kinda hope she's done before October is all.
They actually tweet a lot every day, but when it comes to stuff about what their doing its random. I think Dixie should been finished soon because in a tweet a week or two ago they said that they have started to paint the 11th Smashified character.

Last edited:

EliteXit

Smash Cadet
"Our 11th character will be a female! The first female from her franchise to be #Smashified."

"Shantae is the only female character from her franchise to be Smashified. #11 has characters in the game, but they are all male."

How do you get Dixie from that? That last comment throws me off.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
"Our 11th character will be a female! The first female from her franchise to be #Smashified."

"Shantae is the only female character from her franchise to be Smashified. #11 has characters in the game, but they are all male."

How do you get Dixie from that? That last comment throws me off.
IGNORE THIS POST

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
It could actually be Dixie or Krystal.

They'll both be the first females from their respective franchises to be Smashified. Also, both of their franchises have only male characters currently in Smash (that's what they mean with the second sentence). Donkey Kong has Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong (both male). Star Fox has Fox and Falco (both male).

"#11 (Krystal or Dixie [or another female character with male-only characters in Smash like Kumatora]) has characters in the game (Smash), but they are all male."

[Yellow = original quote]
[Blue = my own inserts to help clarify the context of the quote]

At least that's the way I'm reading it. I don't understand why people are ruling out Krystal. The context used actually seems to point towards Krystal as the eleventh Smashified character.

They're not saying that they have "Smashified" another character from #11's franchise. They're saying that #11 already has characters from her franchise in Smash, but they are all male. That just screams Krystal to me.
They are doing a character from a franchise they have already done. They haven't done Star Fox. Its probably Dixie.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Thanks for being helpful.
I was quick to jump towards interpreting their context and I was quickly corrected. Sorry 'bout that :/

The reason why it's pretty much Dixie Kong is that they apparently mentioned that #11 is from a franchise that they've already Smashified. It's either her or Kumatora, thanks to their recent post.

But anyways, we should probably get back to Krystal.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
You guys all have cool dreams, mine suck and that's if I actually have dreams I remember.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about what would happen if Krystal didn't make it into Smash 4, she wouldn't gain that popularity she needs to make it back to star fox and will become irrelevant by the time of Smash 5. I honestly think this is her last shot, What about you guys?
It's like I said before, if this doesn't work for her to make it in, then I don't know what will. But I have a gut feeling she'll make it in this time around and it's time that there should be no excuse for Sakurai to ignore her again.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I had someone PM me and point me toward it asking if the rest of you guys had seen it, if you can believe that.
I have no reason not to believe it. Just trying to get a gauge of who all have also seen it.

Edit: Been very very busy lately btw. I'd love to be more active here in this final stretch, but real life stuff. I was busy enough this summer when it was just work, but now it's school too.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I dont know how it happened but that petition got a spike in support
They changed their original goal of 1,500 signatures to 2,500. They must be feeling lucky. Safe to say that if these people took the time to fill out a petition form, they probably voted in the ballot it directs to.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys! I'm finally back from the forest, feels good to be back in my warm home (and bed:awesome:). Have I missed anything special while I was away?

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I was quick to jump towards interpreting their context and I was quickly corrected. Sorry 'bout that :/

The reason why it's pretty much Dixie Kong is that they apparently mentioned that #11 is from a franchise that they've already Smashified. It's either her or Kumatora, thanks to their recent post.

But anyways, we should probably get back to Krystal.
I'm zoomed out (small font). I didn't realize the "edited post" in your previous post until now. Everybody didn't see what was before that edit. As a result your post was likely taken as "IGNORE THIS USER"

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
They changed their original goal of 1,500 signatures to 2,500. They must be feeling lucky. Safe to say that if these people took the time to fill out a petition form, they probably voted in the ballot it directs to.
I think it auto updates as it hits a certain amount, but who really knows. I assume its not like Kickstarter where if your donation doesnt hit the amount by the deadline its negated entirely, as in you dont get any of the funds even if people did pledge.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Earlier the Smashified Page said this, "multi-video large October event" so are they doing multiply Smashifiies at once?
Well October is when the Ballot closes. Maybe they wanna get them all done before Nintendo beats them to it.

Though I heard somewhere the results fo the ballo will be used for more than just Smash Bros DLC which could mean using it as a base for Smash 5's Roster or for other Nintendo projects. Maybe Krystal will return thanks to the ballot even if it's not in Smash.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well October is when the Ballot closes. Maybe they wanna get them all done before Nintendo beats them to it.

Though I heard somewhere the results fo the ballo will be used for more than just Smash Bros DLC which could mean using it as a base for Smash 5's Roster or for other Nintendo projects. Maybe Krystal will return thanks to the ballot even if it's not in Smash.
I would be OK with them using the Ballot for newcomers for Smash 5. We would get a lot more characters that way then from the DLC most likely. Still, waiting six months for two-four characters doesn't feel right to me.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Top Bottom