• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Amen, to that, we have to deal with a perfect storm all over the internet, FYI: Ignore anything on 4chan, that site is an incubator for trolls
I visit 4chan's video game board sometimes on the off chance there might be a real leak. For some reason, the posters are super aggressive and keep flaming each other. It's not for me, but I appreciate their creativity! I see a lot of funny shops. =3

There are even Krystal fans there.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Krystal fans play this game on hard mode baby! Tsunamis of awful rule 34 tier arguments, haters in bunches, near non-existent bandwagon support, EAD's single-minded love for their own characters... Our own little slice of heaven. It's frustrating sometimes, I'm not gonna lie to you, but if it makes the salt storm that much fiercer and the reveal that much sweeter, then it's worth it. Should the day ever come when the Smash Bros community gets a big surprise, my greatest concern will be if I've remembered to bring my umbrella. When it rains, it pours.
In a way it probably makes us closer as a fan base too in comparison to other characters fandoms. I mean, this is literally the only fandom I'm hanging out in right now, so I couldn't possibly be quoted on that, but as you said, there's hardly any bandwagon support. Everyone here is genuinely a fan of Krystal, or at least the Star Fox games in general, and with all the haters, we have to stick together all the more. It's a bit like a group of lone survivors fending off a hoard of zombies but worse :p bonds are going to obviously be strengthened in that kind of scenario. ... Hope I'm making sense here, aha.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
In a way it probably makes us closer as a fan base too in comparison to other characters fandoms. I mean, this is literally the only fandom I'm hanging out in right now, so I couldn't possibly be quoted on that, but as you said, there's hardly any bandwagon support. Everyone here is genuinely a fan of Krystal, or at least the Star Fox games in general, and with all the haters, we have to stick together all the more. It's a bit like a group of lone survivors fending off a hoard of zombies but worse :p bonds are going to obviously be strengthened in that kind of scenario. ... Hope I'm making sense here, aha.
You are. Did I mention you come up with some very fitting analogies? I'm glad you've decided to stay with us, even if for a little while longer until the ballot closes I was worried you would leave. This fandom is the one I primarily hang out in, too. Krystal is my top priority. My feeling is that if I'm serious about wanting her in, I have to give her my full attention until the end of this thing.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
You are. Did I mention you come up with some very fitting analogies? I'm glad you've decided to stay with us, even if for a little while longer until the ballot closes I was worried you would leave. This fandom is the one I primarily hang out in, too. Krystal is my top priority. My feeling is that if I'm serious about wanting her in, I have to give her my full attention until the end of this thing.
D'aw, that's very sweet of you to say, thank you. I'm enjoying myself too much to even consider leaving, even after the ballot. I love chatting to you and everyone else here and heck, if we don't get Krystal into Smash 4, you can bet I'm going to continue fighting to get her into Smash 5, however long that may be. ;)

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
D'aw, that's very sweet of you to say, thank you. I'm enjoying myself too much to even consider leaving, even after the ballot. I love chatting to you and everyone else here and heck, if we don't get Krystal into Smash 4, you can bet I'm going to continue fighting to get her into Smash 5, however long that may be. ;)
Agreed. Even if she doesn't show up in Smash 4 as DLC, I'll never give up and continue supporting Krystal and when the time comes that she finally makes it into Smash, that's when we'll rejoice. Even as of now, I believe that she still has a really good chance of making it in.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
No matter what happens let's keep pushing hard until we achieve a goal, to quote legendary pro football (American) coach Tom Landry if I may , "A winner never stops trying,

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Even if she doesn't show up in Smash 4 as DLC, I'll never give up and continue supporting Krystal and when the time comes that she finally makes it into Smash, that's when we'll rejoice. Even as of now, I believe that she still has a really good chance of making it in.

No matter what happens let's keep pushing hard until we achieve a goal, to quote legendary pro football (American) coach Tom Landry if I may , "A winner never stops trying,
See, it's posts like these that prove we have a close and dedicated fanbase going on~ because you know your fanbase is close when you start quoting football coaches

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Even if she doesn't make it as DLC. This ballot will show Sakurai that, yrs. Krystal is still loved and that Smash 5 is our next chance!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Already placed my choices there. For the veterans, I picked Wolf and Snake (even though his chances are unlikely because of the issues wi th Konami). As for newcomers, I picked Krystal and King K. Rool.

I picked Krystal (surprising, NOT), K. Rool, the Dragon Quest IX protagonist (I picked a DQ char because Ninty published some of the games in the series, I thought that Ninty owned that series as well as Level-5, and as a possible SE rep that's the easiest to get), and a 3rd Metroid char.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone mentioned that two of the most high ranking tourney players, ZeRo and NAKAT, want Krystal for Smash?
I knew about ZeRo but who is Nakat? And I wonder if ZeRo still feels that way about Krystal or if she has risen or lowered on his list.

Edit: I just checked out Nakat's Twitter abs he seemed like a really nice guy. I will check out more about him later since I am in class right now.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
You know i'm curious, has anyone even seen anything Krystal related for the Ballot? I'm talking promotional images, i've only seen a few so far.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You know i'm curious, has anyone even seen anything Krystal related for the Ballot? I'm talking promotional images, i've only seen a few so far.
If you are talking like King K Rool style promo there isnt any that i've run into.

Just the basic tagline of a probable "her getting in", and there was that moveset concept art that wasn't complete.

Looks like we need an artist to do one.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
If you are talking like King K Rool style promo there isnt any that i've run into.

Just the basic tagline of a probable "her getting in", and there was that moveset concept art that wasn't complete.

Looks like we need an artist to do one.
There are these...

I've seen some recent images on both DA and FA regarding support for Krystal

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
There are these...

I've seen some recent images on both DA and FA regarding support for Krystal
The middle one is good, but i've never seen someone cover the A moves.

The specials are pretty much covered (elemental), add a unique shield, possibly a magic bar, and a cloudrunner snake-like final smash.

I wish we had something of this quality. (not to knock on those artists, they are surely better than me. though I might try something like this if i have time during this month)
If we could do something like this for krystal, that would help a bunch.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wish we had something of this quality. (not to knock on those artists, they are surely better than me. though I might try something like this if i have time during this month)
I wonder if Alfore would be up for something like that...

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I wonder if Alfore would be up for something like that...
If he/she wants a commission i'll deliver. thats a great idea though! I dont do miiverse much, so i cant be the guy that asks.

Edit: Courtesy of the leak social.

All 100 costumes. Thought you guys might be interested since well, you probably dont hang there.

No Wolf or krystal.

And No daisy. (thats what people are freaking out about i guess).

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

All 100 costumes. Thought you guys might be interested since well, you probably dont hang there.

No Wolf or krystal.

Seems like they focused mainly on characters who already have amiibos, and combined with the fact that they said they'd add in more over time, I doubt there're any Smash implications here. The fact that Krystal isn't among the costumes isn't really a problem for us when Wolf isn't either.

So I guess it's a shame she didn't sneak into the initial 100, but it doesn't hurt our chances by any means.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Seems like they focused mainly on characters who already have amiibos, and combined with the fact that they said they'd add in more over time, I doubt there're any Smash implications here. The fact that Krystal isn't among the costumes isn't really a problem for us when Wolf isn't either.

So I guess it's a shame she didn't sneak into the initial 100, but it doesn't hurt our chances by any means.
Yknow i've seen your videos for a bit so i imagine your words in your actual voice. dont look at me like that.

Yeah this really doesn't mean much like you said, but it kinda makes me worry since they stayed away from dixie and cranky. I just hope that they dont have something against rare. (yes i know its stupid but its something thats been bugging me)

But its probably nothing and they can easily add more later.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
If he/she wants a commission i'll deliver. thats a great idea though! I dont do miiverse much, so i cant be the guy that asks.

No Wolf or krystal.

That awkward moment when you realize the arwing got in over actual starfox characters.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That awkward moment when you realize the arwing got in over actual starfox characters.
Or a yoga board, a mahjong tile and every animal crossing villager character ever over long time Nintendo favorites! THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL. Whoever was in charge of the costume roster should make one feel relieved that they weren't behind Smash Bros 4's.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
For what it's worth, all of those AC villagers are the ones with amiibo cards.

Yknow i've seen your videos for a bit so i imagine your words in your actual voice. dont look at me like that.

Yeah this really doesn't mean much like you said, but it kinda makes me worry since they stayed away from dixie and cranky. I just hope that they dont have something against rare. (yes i know its stupid but its something thats been bugging me)

But its probably nothing and they can easily add more later.
If they had something against Dixie and Cranky, the two of them wouldn't have been playable in Tropical Freeze (the latter for the first time ever).

And you've been following my videos, have you? How have you felt about them so far? Any critique or ideas on how I could improve? I just uploaded an episode earlier tonight, actually.

I know, shameless plug is shameless, but you asked about it and some of the others expressed interest a while back.

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Or a yoga board, a mahjong tile and every animal crossing villager character ever over long time Nintendo favorites! THAT'S A SPICY MEATBALL. Whoever was in charge of the costume roster should make one feel relieved that they weren't behind Smash Bros 4's.
Yoga Board: Steps it up
Mahjong Tile: Enters the game

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yoga Board: Steps it up
Mahjong Tile: Enters the game
My sides. 10/10

Seriously though. Wolf and Krystal up in the air is one thing. The Daisy omission is a complete embarrassment. I hope they get around to adding more characters that are carbon-based soon.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
For what it's worth, all of those AC villagers are the ones with amiibo cards.

If they had something against Dixie and Cranky, the two of them wouldn't have been playable in Tropical Freeze (the latter for the first time ever).

And you've been following my videos, have you? How have you felt about them so far? Any critique or ideas on how I could improve? I just uploaded an episode earlier tonight, actually.

I know, shameless plug is shameless, but you asked about it and some of the others expressed interest a while back.
I dunno maybe they force it, again its probably stupid thinking.

yeah, your voice is amazing (dont mean it like that) you should try voicework or something i dunno. I like how you take tidbits of knowledge about the game and sprinkle em throughout your video.

As for critique I dont really know, I actually had a friend that was doing lets plays too and he had some issues like being shaky and nervous and various other things. I dont see any problems with yours, very underrated. But in this day in age, if there isn't some "LE EPIC MEME" in videos its passed by.

Last edited:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Seriously though. Wolf and Krystal up in the air is one thing. The Daisy omission is a complete embarrassment. I hope they get around to adding more characters that are carbon-based soon.
Sooo...

The smart bomb

Best character evar!!!!!

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sooo...

The smart bomb
Hey, if it detonates and destroys blocks in its blast radius, I'll take it. It would make for some interesting level possibilities. Unlike a digital balance board I can't even step on for a morning workout. :glare:

Because I know how big a Smart Bomb fan you are, I'll give you a couple of splash text ideas:

Smart Bomb: Goes nuclear!
Smart Bomb: Heats up!

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
The middle one is good, but i've never seen someone cover the A moves.

The specials are pretty much covered (elemental), add a unique shield, possibly a magic bar, and a cloudrunner snake-like final smash.

Whoa, when did Dixie get a guitar? :surprised:

Flavius

NNID
TheEdgyOne
Because I know how big a Smart Bomb fan you are, I'll give you a couple of splash text ideas:

Smart Bomb: Goes nuclear!
Smart Bomb: Heats up!

You're welcome.
Sorry guys. I'm not interested in Krystal anymore. I'm voting for smart bomb to join smash bros.

Last edited:
Top Bottom