• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Let's not lose our heads, everyone. Remember how they said last E3 they were starting talk on two new Metroid games? This one may just be an expanded universe thing to hold people over for a while.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Didn't you see ? At least Blitzball was fun in FFX. But I seriously can't find a redeeming quality to this 'Metroid Sport'.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Let's not lose our heads, everyone. Remember how they said last E3 they were starting talk on two new Metroid games? This one may just be an expanded universe thing to hold people over for a while.
Sorry, but after last year's E3, this was an epic fail, in fact it was a wet fart in comparison

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Platinum games confirmed for making this, which by my assumption since they're the ones behind Bayonetta, they will most likely use Krystal and the other girls in some way.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Platinum games confirmed for making this, which by my assumption since they're the ones behind Bayonetta, they will most likely use Krystal and the other girls in some way.
Oh cool. I am a fan of Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 1 & 2. I can't wait to see the game when it comes out. This is gonna be so cool. I love the walker idea on the Arwing.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like Star Fox, thanks to command is suffering from Metroid Fusion Syndrome. Where one game alters the story so much that no direct sequels can be made but they don't want to reboot it. See also Devil May Cry 2.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
At the very least, there must be more going on than meets the eye.

Was I the only one that felt kind of underwhelmed by the trailer? It seemed like they tried to bring back the feel of the old games as much as possible...including in ways that might not necessarily have been a good thing. The dialog in particular is back to feeling canned and on the cheesy side, along with the old VAs that were, to be honest, pretty shaky in SF643D and infamously bad in Sm4sh.

Seriously, damn near every time someone said something in the levels they just showed on stream, I came up with a better line within seconds.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Despite the bad vibes, the game looks awesome and it doesnt really hurt Kyrstal chances for Smash. Its just that now Starfox works with a placeholder story the same way Mario has always been about "Bowser kidnaps Peach".
And if this game kicks the Starfox hype. The logical choice for Smash after Wolf is still Krystal. Though that Peppy looks mighty gentlemany, the fountain of retconned youth does wonders indeed.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
Had a feeling the Direct was very weak when I stopped paying attention after Fire Emblem Fates while playing Tekken Tag 2... Now that I'm looking back at what I missed.... holy crap Nintendo, this was NOT how you handle E3 after having an amazing Direct just last year. All that momentum over the last year, especially for the Wii U? Practically gone. Outside of Star Fox Zero, the global release of Xenoblade X and Yoshi's Wolly World... what the heck does the Wii U have outside of continued DLC support for Smash and Mario Kart? And man... despite the situation Krystal (and Star Fox as a series as a whole) has been going through, I now believe that Metroid has it the worst out of all Nintendo IPs. Could you imagine a Mario or Zelda game being marketed to you after a lackluster title X amount of years down the line... and NOT EVEN HAVE your main character playable at ALL and be sold to you on a gimmick style? Ouch... That Direct was boarderline cringe-worthy.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Had a feeling the Direct was very weak when I stopped paying attention after Fire Emblem Fates while playing Tekken Tag 2... Now that I'm looking back at what I missed.... holy crap Nintendo, this was NOT how you handle E3 after having an amazing Direct just last year. All that momentum over the last year? Practically gone. And man... despite the situation Krystal (and Star Fox as a series as a whole) has been going through, I now believe that Metroid has it the worst out of all Nintendo IPs. Could you imagine a Mario or Zelda game being marketed to you after a lackluster title X amount of years down the line... and NOT EVEN HAVE your main character playable at ALL and be sold to you on a gimmick style? Ouch...
True, Metroid fans have it worse, there is still a possibility of Krystal being back, if not, we will still inevitably win, Rainfall and Moonfall proved that

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Despite the bad vibes, the game looks awesome and it doesnt really hurt Kyrstal chances for Smash. Its just that now Starfox works with a placeholder story the same way Mario has always been about "Bowser kidnaps Peach".
And if this game kicks the Starfox hype. The logical choice for Smash after Wolf is still Krystal.
You're right in that regard. This at least has more people interested in the series again. Perhaps we can use this to our advantage if we play our cards right.

Problem is, we'll still be fighting detractors, but now that they think they've "won" they'll be raising a lot more hell since they'll feel justified in doing so. On top of that, since we didn't get the Wolf reveal most of us were expecting, we'll also be fighting everyone else who still thinks we're limited to one DLC character per series.

It seems our best bet for now is to rally everyone who is disappointed Krystal isn't in this new game and wishes for her to come back in the next one.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Why does Nintendo try to go out of their way to piss their Western fans off. It's almost as if they've given up on the West
Japan hated it too, a lot the stuff is already released there.

also...

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Had a feeling the Direct was very weak when I stopped paying attention after Fire Emblem Fates while playing Tekken Tag 2... Now that I'm looking back at what I missed.... holy crap Nintendo, this was NOT how you handle E3 after having an amazing Direct just last year. All that momentum over the last year? Practically gone. And man... despite the situation Krystal (and Star Fox as a series as a whole) has been going through, I now believe that Metroid has it the worst out of all Nintendo IPs. Could you imagine a Mario or Zelda game being marketed to you after a lackluster title X amount of years down the line... and NOT EVEN HAVE your main character playable at ALL and be sold to you on a gimmick style? Ouch...
.....It's downright awful. Super Mario Maker and M&L X Paper Mario, and....kinda sorta Star Fox... are my only Hype titles. that's it. beyond that, Skylanders Bowser looks kinda cool, and the Muppets style made me laugh a little.....everything else, either we've seen a million times (XENOBLADE IS OUT ALREADY! STOP WASTING OUR TIME!), or was just downright boring/awful (Way to **** on Metroid for it's 25th Anniversary, guys....)

To be completely honest, I'm probably more excited for tonight's episode of Steven Universe than I am for Anything I saw at E3. that's it. one eleven minute episode. granted, it's from one of the best shows out there, but still. compare that to a full-fledged game- no, a presentation of what we're supposed to be hyped for going forward into next year. that's sad.
Japan hated it too, a lot the stuff is already released there.

also...

.....And More?

Probably just ROB, Star Wolf and Andross, but it's promising....

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
That E3 was the reason why the Wii U has abysmal sales, Nintendo has obviously given up, then of course, they went back to milking Mario like they do best, and they ****ted on Metroid. And then they market minor titles as the big games, Nintendo is blatantly out of touch

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
RIDLEY fan here. Please don't be so bummed because yall still have the ballot at least and Krystal is a pretty popular vote :)
*Glares* .....Get Out. There can only be ONE fan of Ridley Here!!!

(just kidding. feel free to stay. buy gold.)

Also, I really hate how Miyamoto is going about talking about this game. " You are encouraged to fly under arches!" REAL Invigorating....

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
I'm sorry but after them confirming slippy is going to be important in this installment in the tree house live, I see many star fox fans turning around and liking him and voting for him in smash and he in turn gets in the game with Wolf. I really don't want that to happen..

How they made slippy a better important character is what I was hoping they would do with krystal since she's bashed for the most ridiculous reasons..

I don't look forward to wolf having his old London like voice back when he appears xD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's probably not up to them, they're just aiding Nintendo.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
So much for not losing our heads...
I haven't. Mostly because I just stopped caring about E3 after how bad Nintendo did this year and how long it even took Square to show anything Kingdom Hearts and then we got the shortest game-play footage of part 3...

It doesn't help that people are already starting with rubbing in the fact Krystal wasn't shown in the presentation...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I haven't. Mostly because I just stopped caring about E3 after how bad Nintendo did this year and how long it even took Square to show anything Kingdom Hearts and then we got the shortest game-play footage of part 3...

It doesn't help that people are already starting with rubbing in the fact Krystal wasn't shown in the presentation...
Well time for war

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I just don't understand the reason behind removing the characters added post 64, why not just have Krystal be a part of Star Wolf along with Wolf, Leon and Panther (who is also gone for no reason) like in Command. That way we can have the original team there while still keeping these newer characters

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Guys, we really need to get votes for Krystal in the ballot up, it could be our only chance to see her in another Star Fox game. If she was added to Smash her popularity could be boosted and we could potentially see her in future sequels

Sidenote, Fox's design is ****ing ugly, it's like the smash design with awful realistic fur

Look at this nastiness

Last edited:
Top Bottom