• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
All I'm saying is that you should be grateful we're getting any DLC at all, without that Krystal wouldn't have any chance of getting in. And how does Ryu's inclusion not make sense? He's the face of fighting games, what Mario is to platformers, Ryu is to fighters.
If Ryu was a playable character from the start, my comments would be the same.

The beauty of Smash is that it gathers Nintendo characters (that aren't originally from the fighter genre) together in a 4 player brawl

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/07/sakurai-on-fighting-characters-in-smash/
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/2...-see-fighting-characters-in-super-smash-bros/

and judging from Sakurai's past comments, i think he fully understands that concept. Ryu presence just ruins that. Everyone has already played his moveset since he's from a fighter, which is boring, so theres zero excitement from me. Hes 3rd party on top of that as well. I have a feeling capcom might have bartered with Nintendo when they asked for Megaman. A corporate decision to promote Street Fighter 5, to sell amiibos, have high DLC sales... etc (i don't really know, just speculating). I also have a huge feeling that it couldn't have been 100% Sakurai's choice.

Krystal fits the Smash theme at least. She makes more sense than Ryu.

I think Star took your comment out of context as an insult toward him.
wtf? i didn't even quote him/her :ohwell:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But it makes him a fit for a crossover about video game icons, hence why pac-man, mega man and Sonic are here
The game is not about video game icons, it's about Nintendo characters. Look at the roster.

Being an iconic fighting game character doesn't mean he's a good fit if he has no ties to Nintendo (which he does - I'm not saying he doesn't).

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
As long as it doesn't prevent other Nintendo characters from being included, it's fine by me. I would have preferred Chun-Li but oh well. I kinda like Street Fighter even though I suck at it. The music is great.

What do you people thinka bout tomorrow ? Actually, how do you feel about Sakurai's pre E3 reveal ? Do you think he probably did that so as to not overshadow other things during E3, or do you believe that they have something else for Smash Bros to show at E3 ? Or maybe you feel like there will be no SSB thing at E3 ? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, the date of the reveal was quite peculiar.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Someone said that wherever Megaman goes, Ryu follows, so I doubt they'd shoehorn more street fighter characters as it'd come off the wrong way as if people wanted to play a Street Fighter vs Nintendo game, then they'd at least make a completely separate title. You do have Bamco making Pokken Fighters, so doing something with Capcom shouldnt be too much of an issue.

By the way and only because I saw the video of the guy explaining how she'd be unique, but would seeing the artist that does the Smashified series do anything?

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
And so it comes down to tomorrow. Whether Krystal appears in the next Star Fox game or not will make or break our chances. If the series really is getting a reboot like some assume, we might as well pack it up.

...Or should we?

Thing is, a reboot wouldn't necessarily mean Krystal was gone for good. Characters can come back, sometimes tweaked a little from how they originally were, but still there nonetheless. Remember how people were disappointed with how Donkey Kong Country Returns felt like a reboot, and the only Kongs present were DK, Diddy, and Cranky (which was admittedly one of the only things people had a problem with in that game >_>)? Remember how Dixie and Funky came back for Tropical Freeze?

Even if Krystal is MIA for the new game, there's nothing saying she couldn't come back in the next one.

And as far as I'm concerned, that still gives us a reason to support her even if the worst-case-scenario happens. What better way to let Nintendo know we still think she's worth keeping around?

Just please do a better job with her characterization. >_>

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I dont know if it means much, but someone on Miiverse made a post on Krystal in the E3 section yesterday, and it's gotten a good amount of attention, the guys Art Academy post he labeled as his favorite is even higher than that as well.
I was lurking in the Wolf thread and saw a nice idea. Someone was mentioning that the K. Rool supporters are creating K Rool art and shout outs for the Kremling on Donkey and Diddy Kong's character miiverse communities or something. Basically, the point is that if someone plays on the Miiverse stage and they use Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong, they see a "support K. Rool" message. The Wolf supporters figured they could do that with Fox and Falco. Likewise, we should jump on this chance too. Krayon is a perfect candidate for instance. We could even combine efforts and make "support Wolf AND Krystal" messages for the Miiverse stage.

Somewhat related to that... Falco feels pretty great now after this patch. Not a ton better, but nair into anything feels a lot easier and I like the new fair a lot too.

And so it comes down to tomorrow. Whether Krystal appears in the next Star Fox game or not will make or break our chances. If the series really is getting a reboot like some assume, we might as well pack it up.

...Or should we?

Thing is, a reboot wouldn't necessarily mean Krystal was gone for good. Characters can come back, sometimes tweaked a little from how they originally were, but still there nonetheless. Remember how people were disappointed with how Donkey Kong Country Returns felt like a reboot, and the only Kongs present with DK, Diddy, and Cranky (which was admittedly one of the only things people had a problem with in that game >_>)? Remember how Dixie and Funky came back for Tropical Freeze?

Even if Krystal is MIA for the new game, there's nothing saying she couldn't come back in the next one.

And as far as I'm concerned, that still gives us a reason to support her even if the worst-case-scenario happens. What better way to let Nintendo know we still think she's worth keeping around?

Just please do a better job with her characterization. >_>
My thoughts exactly, Del. We shall face what comes next together. Hopefully it's more like a party for us than a "damage control" scenario though, heh.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was lurking in the Wolf thread and saw a nice idea. Someone was mentioning that the K. Rool supporters are creating K Rool art and shout outs for the Kremling on Donkey and Diddy Kong's character miiverse communities or something. Basically, the point is that if someone plays on the Miiverse stage and they use Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong, they see a "support K. Rool" message. The Wolf supporters figured they could do that with Fox and Falco. Likewise, we should jump on this chance too. Krayon is a perfect candidate for instance. We could even combine efforts and make "support Wolf AND Krystal" messages for the Miiverse stage.

Somewhat related to that... Falco feels pretty great now after this patch. Not a ton better, but nair into anything feels a lot easier and I like the new fair a lot too.

My thoughts exactly, Del. We shall face what comes next together. Hopefully it's more like a party for us than a "damage control" scenario though, heh.
That is a very good idea! I like it. Yeah, when I read Del's comment it put a smile on my face. Really made me feel better about Krystal and the new Star Fox game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, we'll see how good tomorrow is to Star Fox.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
That is a very good idea! I like it. Yeah, when I read Del's comment it put a smile on my face. Really made me feel better about Krystal and the new Star Fox game.

If it's like how everyone was posting Earthbound related images to get the game on VC before it happened, then yes it'd be a good idea to do. This may sound ridiculous, but if there's a way to get Dansweeto and even the Krystal Archive to tell everyone to do this, and even do this, it may very well boost both Wolf and Krystals chances even higher.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Ah day before judgement day...it's finally almost here...im excited...Welp zelda was not being shown however let me say i hope we get a new metroid and hopefully Sunshine 2 (i so much hope to god this happens) So guys this might be the last day before this movement ends if Krystal doesnt appear for some odd reason. But it's time either rise or fall.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
The time is almost upon us. It's kind of a strange feeling knowing we've been discussing Star Fox Wii U possibilities for a long time, and to have it all come down to one day. Of course one day doesn't equate to the entire future, but it can provide signs if prominent enough. Tomorrow is Nintendo's E3 presentation. I'm willing to bet it will be prominent.

Like always, we shall see. This time, I'm well prepared for multiple possibilities, so you won't see me overreact like I may have in the past at times. No fingers crossed behind my back. I've already come to terms with the good and the bad.

Onward.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Judgement Day is here,*Terminator 2 theme*, NOT THAT JUDGEMENT DAY!, Why must I always do that. Anyhow, Krystal or Not, to quote Fox McCloud, "My Friends, Thank You!", it's been one hell of a ride. If Krystal is gone, then goodbye, and thank you, if not, we shall continue on

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
If it's like how everyone was posting Earthbound related images to get the game on VC before it happened, then yes it'd be a good idea to do. This may sound ridiculous, but if there's a way to get Dansweeto and even the Krystal Archive to tell everyone to do this, and even do this, it may very well boost both Wolf and Krystals chances even higher.
I could message Jordan on Twitter about the petition.I would bet he would agree to past this on to his Twitter followers and we can easily past the needed number.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I will be very surprised if Krystal is in Star Fox U. I feel like Miyamoto (I am butchering his name) doesn't care much for the Star Fox games he didn't make. I might be wrong, but that is just my gut feeling.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
I could message Jordan on Twitter about the petition.I would bet he would agree to past this on to his Twitter followers and we can easily past the needed number.
Does Nintendo actually listen to petitions, though?
I will be very surprised if Krystal is in Star Fox U. I feel like Miyamoto (I am butchering his name) doesn't care much for the Star Fox games he didn't make. I might be wrong, but that is just my gut feeling.
Don't worry, you spelled (Shigeru) Miyamoto correctly.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I wasn't talking about a petition.

The Miiverse stage features posts made in "character communities". If you're using Fox, you'll see pictures made in the "Fox" Miiverse community or whatever. Since Krystal is from the same game, making a Krystal support image in the Fox Community is a good idea. The K. Rool supporters are going to do this for the Kongs. Basically, we just want to make Krystal support images so that anyone playing Fox and Falco on the Miiverse stage see Krystal support. It's a way to get the word out even more.

You spelled it right.

...and Miyamoto is the one responsible for making Star Fox Adventures a Star Fox game and not a new IP by Rare. He had a great deal of latitude in Krystal's creation. Regardless, he'll still do whatever he wants.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Given what Sony showed, Star Fox U better be as good as two Star Fox 64's glued together.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I wasn't talking about a petition.

The Miiverse stage features posts made in "character communities". If you're using Fox, you'll see pictures made in the "Fox" Miiverse community or whatever. Since Krystal is from the same game, making a Krystal support image in the Fox Community is a good idea. The K. Rool supporters are going to do this for the Kongs. Basically, we just want to make Krystal support images so that anyone playing Fox and Falco on the Miiverse stage see Krystal support. It's a way to get the word out even more.

You spelled it right.

...and Miyamoto is the one responsible for making Star Fox Adventures a Star Fox game and not a new IP by Rare. He had a great deal of latitude in Krystal's creation. Regardless, he'll still do whatever he wants.
You have a point. Hopefully we'll see Krystal pics along with Fox there together in the Miiverse stage. That will really motivate everyone who actually wants her in the game and even the developers in the development team working on Smash 4. This Miiverse stage is a lot more intuitive than I thought. When you referred to Miyamoto's latitude of creation of Krystal into the vixen we all know and love, I agree with you there. Because if I remember back then when the game was known as Dinosaur Planet, Krystal's original design was that of a feline character and since he knows of the fanbase around her from both the Japanese and American audience. I don't think he's going to get rid of her if anyone was thinking about it that way. I'm sure she'll be back and we have Miyamoto to thank for that. Wow, just nearly 2 hours and 45 minutes to go till the Digital Event. ^^

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Bethesda had the best E3, EA and Ubisoft shared the same old crap
Never cared about Bethesda, probably never will

I did not watch the other E3 presentations, did a bunch of suits blab on about non game-related things?
Me neither but that seems to be the case if people on twitter are to be trusted, not only that the games announced were kinda meh in my opinion

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
FFVII HD is interesting enough to me, except the part when my favorite character dies, I suppose. :secretkpop:

Ian, you are an heretic. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, Microsoft's Hologram tech was cool. I just don't imagine it being a mass market thing.

Funny to think that one business decision different and Krystal would be a Microsoft character. And a cat.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder... Will FF7 remake have the same combat system as the old one or will they just cram in FF13's one.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I wonder... Will FF7 remake have the same combat system as the old one or will they just cram in FF13's one.
Please no, FFXIII's combat system was sooo boring. They can't change it too much anyways, the fans will raise up arms otherwise.

I suppose it's not a new FF, but it's better than nothing. Plus myf avorite FF is the tenth one, so I already got my remake. :p

Also, I always thought that Krystal was a Fox from the get-go, was she really a cat at first ? Wow, that's news to me.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
If Operation Moonfall and Rainfall worked, along with the many other petitions to get non exclusive games on certain platforms, then i'm pretty sure it may work for this. I just know the Miiverse thing worked for Earthbound, so.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If Operation Moonfall and Rainfall worked, along with the many other petitions to get non exclusive games on certain platforms, then i'm pretty sure it may work for this. I just know the Miiverse thing worked for Earthbound, so.
Moonfall didn't actually work, they started on that right after OoT3D came out

Top Bottom