• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
It's not an offical list, it's something some guy on chan*4 put together after surveying people.
well atleast he picked reasonable choices (except roy and wolf werent there and before people say snake listen Kojima is in a bad state so please for respect dont ask) However atleast 4chan is considering her (which is a good sign knowing how much **** i receive from them on Tumblr)

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I'm somewhat concerned about this. I know this is just one group of people basically, but I've been on Smash Ladder and most people there, seriously are voting for Wolf, Roy, K. Rool, Snake and Isaac...everytime I bring up Krystal...no one agrees. I think only one person agreed and they said they would have voted for Krystal if Wolf was already in.

We've sort of had this discussion before, but for whatever weird reason, people really don't even consider, Krystal to be a "real character." They just somehow do not see the potential. I've honestly convinced more people in that chat, quite a few actually, to vote for Banjo-Kazooie. And even that was relatively challenging. But I'm called a "furry" for even considering Krystal as a fighter. Somehow they're not though, voting for Wolf who is probably coming regardless of the ballot.

I suppose I'm just asking for some fuel here, optimism, hope and encouragement. I really don't think many people want Krystal. In fact, I think everyone in this thread is pretty much the only rather small group. Everyone else who would be kinda cool with, Krystal coming back have several other characters significantly ahead of her.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Plenty of Wolf supporters also want Krystal, you can bet most of the votes they threw for Wolf will return to Krystal once Wolf is announced as DLC. ^^

On another note, I just fought this one guy who changed their username to 'YES!' once they saw my username was KrystalDLC, haha. It was funny.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Plenty of Wolf supporters also want Krystal, you can bet most of the votes they threw for Wolf will return to Krystal once Wolf is announced as DLC. ^^

On another note, I just fought this one guy who changed their username to 'YES!' once they saw my username was KrystalDLC, haha. It was funny.
On Smash Ladder?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Nah brah i've seen alot of krystal support on YT, and lol at the "furry" label when they're voting for wolf, dumb idiots.

Anyway neogaf is pure wonder red just lol. Some on gamefaqs actually want her, and i've seen some support on other various sites as well.

As for competitive sites like Smash ladder.

There is no chance, they will vote for what they know.

Roy
Wolf
Vets.

Thats how it is, but i believe theres more support overrall even though there are some outliers on some sites.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Nah brah i've seen alot of krystal support on YT, and lol at the "furry" label when they're voting for wolf, dumb idiots.

Anyway neogaf is pure wonder red just lol. Some on gamefaqs actually want her, and i've seen some support on other various sites as well.

As for competitive sites like Smash ladder.

There is no chance, they will vote for what they know.

Roy
Wolf
Vets.

Thats how it is, but i believe theres more support overrall even though there are some outliers on some sites.
What's irritating is that these people voting for veterans, many of them, are Melee and Project M players that do not even like Smash 4 and often make fun of it in the Smash chat. Yet they're voting for characters like Roy and Wolf. I guess I'm one of the few competitive players that like things that are fresh and new and diverse, at least for rosters in Smash. That's not to say, I think Wolf would be cool. But Roy at this point is unnecessary and unwanted by everyone else, I'd say.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
What's irritating is that these people voting for veterans, many of them, are Melee and Project M players that do not even like Smash 4 and often make fun of it in the Smash chat. Yet they're voting for characters like Roy and Wolf. I guess I'm one of the few competitive players that like things that are fresh and new and diverse, at least for rosters in Smash. That's not to say, I think Wolf would be cool. But Roy at this point is unnecessary and unwanted by everyone else, I'd say.
I am competitive as well, but i like dynamic, fresh fighters. I can let go of the ICs even though i miss them, if theres cool newcomers, I can live with it.

Most people just cling to what they know, again thats how most humans act anyway so its no surprise.

I know it may be annoying for you but all we can do is keep on the support and not collapse, I mean i was around during the brawl era and i was surprised of how much krystal support there was, im very sure that most of them are around and if we can convince the youngins to swing votes our way, we have a chance.

Of course though wolf can just stop everything, but we have a chance, if wolf wasnt an option, you bet that krystal would be near guaranteed but all we can do now is try to rally as much support as possible.

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I would like a vetrean pack honestly just to calm that side down. But besides that i want newcomers

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I would like a vetrean pack honestly just to calm that side down. But besides that i want newcomers
I totally agree, and I'm hoping that's basically what will occur. I truly do think Wolf will come regardless of the ballot. Not just because Lucas returned, but the fact that Lucas was brought back in addition to MewTwo proves that they can make more than one character simultaneously. Wolf coming back because he is a veteran that people want and Star Fox Wii U coming out seems more likely. But besides Wolf, I cannot really see any other veteran returning. Snake would need votes if he returns, but Roy there is just no way since a different character shares the name (yes, that is important) and we don't need a third Marth clone. Even if they drastically change him, these people that want him back from Melee would be disappointed most likely that he's so different. Even if he is totally unique from Marth now, there's already four fire emblem characters, adding a 5th would be a bit much. So many Mario/Pokemon characters is no defense.

Basically, Snake is tricky, Roy is totally illogical, Pichu's a costume but even more likely than Roy, yet Wolf totally makes sense. So a veteran pack seems illogical. But adding Wolf regardless of this ballot would satisfy me.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
@ IsmaЯ : Could you please change the title of the thread to : "The Psychic Vixen - Krystal for DLC! Help us achieve Krystallization in the Votes today!"

Most people seem to be in an agreement that the current title is a little outdated.

-

I'm also trying to advertise for Krystal on For Glory, haha. 'KrystalDLC' as a nametag.

EDIT : I have no clue how the tagging system even works. Could someone do it for me pretty please ?
It's a weird glitch specific to my name. I don't check alerts/tagging notifcations either way, so don't worry too much.

I'll change it to this for now, but I admittedly think it's a mouthful. I've been hesitant to update the first post, given...well, y'know.

It has been a while, so we'll see what we can do. Might just move/archive the 1st post, so we can update with new stuff.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I like Wolf. Him being in Smash makes sense.

My only problem with him is that we've already had him before. That isn't to say I don't support him, because I do. However, the specific situation we have is interesting - in that we're provided an opportunity to vote for whatever character we want.

The major problem is that we don't know the extent of this Smash ballot. Will they take two characters? Will they take even more?

Or, will they just take one character?

That's the issue. We don't know. I'm not inclined to the thought of squandering such an opportunity, myself. This is why I voted for Krystal instead of Wolf. If perchance we were to receive one character, I'd much rather see one that has not been in Smash yet.

Otherwise, we'd be 3 for 3 veterans for DLC, and absolutely zero newcomers (Mewtwo, Lucas, and Wolf).

That's just where I stand, though.

I understand that other people are tempted by what they once had - and I don't blame them for that. If they'd rather see something that they have seen before, that's their business. All I'd say is for them to not expect Wolf's intrinsic moveset to be changed much (judging by Mewtwo and Lucas).

All in all, it's pretty much impossible to gauge exactly where each character stands in terms of DLC popularity. You're going to encounter all kinds of outliers and variants no matter where you go (because it's virtually impossible to poll everyone in the world who is interested in Smash DLC). The only thing we can do is project what we find in specific places and attempt to connect it to the bigger picture - but the bigger picture is often blurred by the loudness of overzealous haters or defenders.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's a weird glitch specific to my name. I don't check alerts/tagging notifcations either way, so don't worry too much.

I'll change it to this for now, but I admittedly think it's a mouthful. I've been hesitant to update the first post, given...well, y'know.

It has been a while, so we'll see what we can do. Might just move/archive the 1st post, so we can update with new stuff.
You could just shorten "Help us achieve Krystallization" to "Krystallize Smash". Still a bit of a mouthful, but it gets the point across much more succinctly.

...and yeah, I understand the hesitation in altering it. I think he'd understand if we're just trying to rally support for Krystal more vocally.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
@ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 - Well, listening to Iwata over the Smash Direct once more, as he's covering the details for the Ballot, he specifically says, "...into consideration when developing additional fighterS." So out of all the uncertainty about the poll, I'm almost certain they realize the type of grab this DLC move will be and they won't just pick one character from the poll. I can see a handful being picked and developed at a slow pace over a course of a few months per going into 2016 at the least. Other than that, everything else you said is true. It's best we don't worry about how Krystal's status is versus everyone else's, and just do our best to try to support her push personally. It's a long time 'til October, no need to get burnt out only 4 days into the Ballot.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
@ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 - Well, listening to Iwata over the Smash Direct once more, as he's covering the details for the Ballot, he specifically says, "...into consideration when developing additional fighterS." So out of all the uncertainty about the poll, I'm almost certain they realize the type of grab this DLC move will be and they won't just pick one character from the poll. I can see a handful being picked and developed at a slow pace over a course of a few months per going into 2016 at the least.
Ah.

I must have missed that. That's good news. I like the idea of them allowing us to suggest the future DLC fighters for them. Win-win scenario.

Yes, support Krystal we shall!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
@ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4 - Well, listening to Iwata over the Smash Direct once more, as he's covering the details for the Ballot, he specifically says, "...into consideration when developing additional fighterS." So out of all the uncertainty about the poll, I'm almost certain they realize the type of grab this DLC move will be and they won't just pick one character from the poll. I can see a handful being picked and developed at a slow pace over a course of a few months per going into 2016 at the least. Other than that, everything else you said is true. It's best we don't worry about how Krystal's status is versus everyone else's, and just do our best to try to support her push personally. It's a long time 'til October, no need to get burnt out only 4 days into the Ballot.
I'm still looking forward to more news about Star Fox Wii U. It could really help with the push for Krystal.

MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Smash Cadet
NNID
HelloImAToad
3DS FC
3368-3416-0761
Hi there everyone this is my thread to support Kryrstal from the star fox series below I encourage you to talk about movesets matchups, reasons why you voted, pros and cons and etc.
have fun chatting people! :3
(Note: I know people probably care about her as much as I do because wolf is mlg swag but hey I can dream can't I?)

Braydon

Smash Ace
... You do realize you posted this right on top of the already existing 185 page krystal support thread?

MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Smash Cadet
NNID
HelloImAToad
3DS FC
3368-3416-0761
Lolnope heh

Lol I accidentally made a thread about this character without realizing this is here..imma drep

Last edited by a moderator:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I figured it was an OP once that some mod moved here.

@ MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Just a little search would've revealed this place to you.

...and you might want to merge those two posts of yours up there via editing so you're not double posting. A mod can delete the spare one if you request it.

Oh, and of course... welcome! Nice to have more supporters.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wonder how well it'd help if or when we get this campaign idea going, if we had a war room of some kind. Somewhere for the major forces behind it to put it together.

I guess I'm just speculating at this point, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I figured it was an OP once that some mod moved here.

@ MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Just a little search would've revealed this place to you.

...and you might want to merge those two posts of yours up there via editing so you're not double posting. A mod can delete the spare one if you request it.

Oh, and of course... welcome! Nice to have more supporters.
He wasn't double posting, I moved/merged his thread into this one. Only mods can merged posts.

I wonder how well it'd help if or when we get this campaign idea going, if we had a war room of some kind. Somewhere for the major forces behind it to put it together.

It's an interesting thought. I'd be more than willing to do my part, provided enough other people shared the interest.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

This guy gets it, we need planning/moblization. throw my hat into the ring, i may not be noticed but im loud, I'll try to help you guys in whatever manner possible.

Im glad that Isma is helpin out, she certainly knows how to get stuff done, even before she was a mod, mind you heh. (I mean she IS the leader of the sb space pirates after all)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think what we should do is figure out how Krystal playstyle should be. Her special moves are easy (B: Firebolt, B-side: Ice Stream, B-up Rocket Staff, B-down: Quake Smash) but how would she be set up? I'm think she'd be a somewhat slow character with good attack range and have a lot of poking tools.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Speaking of discussing moveset. Question given her moveset specials. Do you guys think she should have some magic bar gimmick? (sakurai likes quirky things like this) where everytime she uses a special it goes down, but when she lands attacks it fills up. Making her a very aggro character (just like the other spacies) It would give her another aspect of uuniqueness and a bit of tribute to adventures. Or should there be no gimmick?

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I think what we should do is figure out how Krystal playstyle should be. Her special moves are easy (B: Firebolt, B-side: Ice Stream, B-up Rocket Staff, B-down: Quake Smash) but how would she be set up? I'm think she'd be a somewhat slow character with good attack range and have a lot of poking tools.
I think she'd fight similarly to staff-users in other fighting games. Owing to the nature of the weapon, they tend to be slow, defensive characters that poke and prod from a distance and can use their staff as a keepaway tool.

She could wield it as a martial weapon like Kilik / Xiba in Soul Calibur, leaping and lunging with it, spinning it around, performing acrobatic somersaults with it and using it to slam and beat down her opponent. She could even use her telekinesis to throw it and have it return to her, in the same vein as Litchi in BlazBlue and Palutena.

There's a lot of room to create a diverse moveset with the staff alone - the fact that she has telekinesis and magick powahz just helps~ :3

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think she'd fight similarly to staff-users in other fighting games. Owing to the nature of the weapon, they tend to be slow, defensive characters that poke and prod from a distance and can use their staff as a keepaway tool.

She could wield it as a martial weapon like Kilik / Xiba in Soul Calibur, leaping and lunging with it, spinning it around, performing acrobatic somersaults with it and using it to slam and beat down her opponent. She could even use her telekinesis to throw it and have it return to her, in the same vein as Litchi in BlazBlue and Palutena.

There's a lot of room to create a diverse moveset with the staff alone - the fact that she has telekinesis and magick powahz just helps~ :3
Krystal's psychic powers are clairvoyance, not telekinesis. Still, wouldn't be the first liberty Smash took.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Krystal's psychic powers are clairvoyance, not telekinesis. Still, wouldn't be the first liberty Smash took.
My bad. Been years since I played Stair Fax Temperatures. :3

Magick powahz would still be great, no reason why she can't pull a Palutena / Robin and levitate her staff with magic all the same~

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Im glad that Isma is helpin out, she certainly knows how to get stuff done, even before she was a mod, mind you heh. (I mean she IS the leader of the sb space pirates after all)
Was, maybe. Didn't really like much of a leader, anyhow.

Perhaps more to the point, I was similarly involved in the pre-Brawl Krystal support thread/movement. Been at this for a long time.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

If you just mean a more private place to communicate, yeah, that could be cool. Not sure how necessary it would be, but I guess it's safe to assume we'd need something like this if things get hectic enough. I'm still not even sure what all this campaign is or what it's doing! Well, I guess I know it's about pushing for Krystal's inclusion and spreading the word... but I don't know the mechanism for all that admittedly.

He wasn't double posting, I moved/merged his thread into this one. Only mods can merged posts.
I had a feeling the first post was moved given it's wording, but I thought the others were posted after he got moved here. When I said merge, I just meant edit both posts together and have the extra post removed by flagging down a mod for assistance.

My own ideas for her moveset borrow quite a bit from what you see the staff do in Adventures. It's a physical weapon as much as it's a "magical" weapon. And I think it's safe to assume that the way Fox uses it is pretty close to how Krystal uses it. It's implied when Fox first acquires the weapon that the weapon itself will teach Fox it's abilities, which leads me to believe that the moves Fox learns with it are moves Krystal already knew. Adventures plays slow too, but I think Krystal would play the weapon faster in Smash just because the game is faster.

I have moveset ideas I've been sitting on, but I'll explain a few that might be slightly different from most. Firstly, I've always liked the idea that her down B might be a command grab/counter that's related to her ability to sense things telepathically. Her quake would be her down smash. Other than that, my special ideas are much the same as anyone's but of course there's a personal flavor to how her standards come out. In general, I envision her smashes being two hit attacks like Link's forward smash, with the exception of down smash which is just a big hit. Many of her aerials are the same for me. That about covers the very basics of how I figure she'd fight...

...but I'll cover a couple fun ideas below that don't really have anything to do with how I think she will fight if she's included, just ideas I think would be interesting...

I've always had a gimmick of sorts in mind for her. If you're familiar with Adventure's staff combos you'll know that holding back on the control stick and starting a combo results in a swing down from right to left, a swing up and back from left to right, then a spinning of the staff in front of Fox moving right to left and back, and then a short sharp swing to the right from the left and if you hold the strong attack button the staff charges a strong hit with a fire effect. This is basically how I'd do Krystal's jab. BUT, I like the idea that the charge at the end would be optional and punishable but would store an extra effect for the next smash attack Krystal used. Her neutral B could accomplish the same thing if you chose to charge it and store it rather than rapid fire it, but using neutral B to charge would take longer. This would reward the use of trying for a charge at the end of the jab string. Once the staff had the charge it would blink like when Samus is charged up. You could either release the energy by shooting a larger blast by pressing neutral B again, or you could save it for a smash attack effect. When I say "smash", btw, I'm including aerials, giving Krystal "smash aerials" like Robin if she has a charge stored. Basically, these special smashes would appear just like her regular attacks but with a special effect like fire, ice, or a paralyzing effect. For example, her regular forward smash, as I've envisioned it, is a sharp diagonal stab of the staff into the ground in front of her for the first hit and then you can delay the second hit like with Link. The second hit is a flying kick where she uses the staff planted in the ground in front of her to vault herself forward. That's the basic smash. With a charge stored, the first hit causes paralysis effect and she can choose to cancel her second smash input and go for a grab or other punishing option. Pretty neat huh? Moves that benefit from the special charge are - neutralB, fsmash, dsmash, usmash, fair, bair, uair, dair. Nair obviously doesn't because it's "neutral aerial" and there's no smash associated with it.

I can describe in detail the other moves I've played around with if you guys like, but I know it's largely all stuff we all have different ideas about and of course we love our own ideas, heh. Like I've said, I've been wanting to draw these moves up just for fun and because it would be an awesome way to explain them, but it's pretty clear I'll have to explain some of my ideas in words before I ever draw anything because if I committed to showing off my moveset in pics alone then I'd never get around to sharing all of my ideas probably!

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd like to provide a counter to the whole 3 Marths point: The 'Three of a kind' trope is used quite a plenty of times in fighting games like Street Fighter and even within Smash Bros, even in:4mario::4luigi::4drmario:, and it even extends out to the Star Fox series, with:4fox::4falco::wolf: being perfect examples - This presents three characters that revolve around a central and similar moveset, yet these slight variations make these characters feel more different compared to the others in the trio. The three musketeers :4marth::4lucina:and :roypm: could present a trio, where Marth focuses on spacing and dealing more damage at the tip and at a safe distance, Lucina can mix her style between close-range and spacing without power variation and Roy deals very strong damage at the base, yet still being fast and lightweight.

But this is the Krystal thread, and I'm really pleased with the renewed positivity of the thread in recent days. :b: We'll achieve Krystalisation. In recent days of playing Monster Hunter 4, I've been pole-vaulting all over the place with my Insect Glaive. Maybe that could work as Krystal's dash-attack, or maybe a side-smash...

Another point I'd like to bring up, I've never played Star Fox Assault, and I'm curious: what could be brought over from that game which can be incorporated into Krystal's moveset?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Another point I'd like to bring up, I've never played Star Fox Assault, and I'm curious: what could be brought over from that game which can be incorporated into Krystal's moveset?
Well I had an idea for a moveset that involved Krystal switching between her staff and Assault's sci-fi tech in a down B stance change kinda thing. Not sure if it was the model change that split Sheik/Zelda or the model change.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Question that might have been brought up before, I personally dont really want Krystal but am curious about something.

What do you think she would look like? Like I cant imagine her in a "Smash Bros" art style like Fox, Falco, and Wolf.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Question that might have been brought up before, I personally dont really want Krystal but am curious about something.

What do you think she would look like? Like I cant imagine her in a "Smash Bros" art style like Fox, Falco, and Wolf.
I'd imagine Krystal to be like Wolf, an amalgamation of all his past designs, so it could take influences from her tribal costume from Adventures, and her costumes from Assault and Command. There could be the off-chance that her design could be used for the next Star Fox, so it could be used as a bit of promotion, perhaps as an alt-costume or her default.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was some really cool are posted of Krystal in a 64 style outfit with her staff posted ages back. I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: I found someone using it as their avatar. Thanks ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Command design with realistic fur and assault elements added to it, Kinda like how fox and falco are a mixture of command and 64 and wolf command and star fox 2. A black flight jacket in particular is something I'd like to see
There was some really cool are posted of Krystal in a 64 style outfit with her staff posted ages back. I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: I found someone using it as their avatar. Thanks ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox.

Kinda like that

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If Krystal does get in, I'd like her original outfit as at least an alt if it isn't her default look.
Well if Shantae could get in then Original Krystal would be no bother.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If Krystal does get in, I'd like her original outfit as at least an alt if it isn't her default look.
I can't help but feel that that would be a bad idea. There's already people that shout furry at any mention of Krystal and that outfit certainly doesn't help.

Plus think of the upskirt shots, oh god the horror

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Top Bottom