• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Miyamoto jokingly stated that 2015 is the "Year of Star Fox", so Krystal is certainly a possibility. Imagine if they released Wolf and Krystal DLC alongside the upcoming Star Fox title. She has a larger following in Japan than she does in America, and Nintendo tends to put a lot of stock into Japanese character suggestions. And if they gave her a moveset based on Adventures, she'd be the furthest thing from yet another Fox clone. Japan knows what's up, because K. Rool and Dixie are popular choices over there as well.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Haters will hate, what can you do? I don't care that some people are too closed minded.

Horror? ...right.
*Backs away slowly*
Miyamoto jokingly stated that 2015 is the "Year of Star Fox", so Krystal is certainly a possibility. Imagine if they released Wolf and Krystal DLC alongside the upcoming Star Fox title. She has a larger following in Japan than she does in America, and Nintendo tends to put a lot of stock into Japanese character suggestions. And if they gave her a moveset based on Adventures, she'd be the furthest thing from yet another Fox clone. Japan knows what's up, because K. Rool and Dixie are popular choices over there as well.
I have a hunch we'll be getting wolf in august, 2 months after E3 and Lucas' reveal which I also feel will be around the time star fox is released. Apart from maybe Dixie, chorus kids or someone like Isaac I don't see them developing newcomers till the poll is over which is in november I think

Also hi fellow Dixie fan!

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
It's a weird glitch specific to my name. I don't check alerts/tagging notifcations either way, so don't worry too much.

I'll change it to this for now, but I admittedly think it's a mouthful. I've been hesitant to update the first post, given...well, y'know.

It has been a while, so we'll see what we can do. Might just move/archive the 1st post, so we can update with new stuff.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I almost didn't want the change for the same reason... Thanks for doing it though, I'm sure nobody forgot about what happened and I am glad we are still here defending Krystal in his stead.

-

Really happy about the positivity around these parts. I am glad to see so many people supportive of Krystal, I have already began my campaign on several fronts to give her more votes, using other people's devices, voting on my College's computers, and spreading the word on French fora, emphasizing that people don't need to vote for Wolf as he's practically a given at this point, showing proof that Wolf has been as requested as Lucas if not more, etc...

Basically we need to convince people without being forceful, if we know they support Krystal and X character, we gotta show them that Krystal has more chances to be included than character X.

EDIT : Really happy to see that Dixie and Krystal fans seem to unite ! I know I also want Dixie as a new character. ♥

Last edited:

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
People are so sure about Wolf being in, it's insane. Personally I don't buy into it. You know what else people were sure of? Ridley, Toon Link being cut, Dixie, Chrom, etc... I'm backing off and saying that they aren't focusing on a third veteran. They will show a newcomer at E3, it makes more sense, it will draw in a lot more hype. I'm not saying that newcomer is Krystal, though. To be honest I think K.Rool is in (Not a bad thing in my eyes).

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
People are so sure about Wolf being in, it's insane. Personally I don't buy into it. You know what else people were sure of? Ridley, Toon Link being cut, Dixie, Chrom, etc... I'm backing off and saying that they aren't focusing on a third veteran. They will show a newcomer at E3, it makes more sense, it will draw in a lot more hype. I'm not saying that newcomer is Krystal, though. To be honest I think K.Rool is in (Not a bad thing in my eyes).
People were sure of ridley or toon link being cut?? What? and no newcomer is guaranteed however Wolf is a veteran with popularity and an upcoming game, considering that lucas, a japan only character with no new game in his franchise for the past 10 years has gotten in I'd say wolf is pretty much guaranteed

Plus what newcomer could they show off at E3 that'd draw in more hype than Wolf? Krystal? Dixie? Chorus Kids? Wolf is more popular than them

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Typically when fighting games do DLC there's four to six characters. Injustice had Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion planned from the offset and Zatana and Martian Manhunter were added due to fan demand. I imagine Nintendo has a few ideas of who to make but just to be sure, they won't publish the results unless the top result is the first one they got lined up.

I'm willing to put money on there being a Donkey Kong and Star Fox DLC character. It's the question of the villains or the goils. (K. Roll & Wolf or Dixie and Krystal.)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Typically when fighting games do DLC there's four to six characters. Injustice had Lobo, Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion planned from the offset and Zatana and Martian Manhunter were added due to fan demand. I imagine Nintendo has a few ideas of who to make but just to be sure, they won't publish the results unless the top result is the first one they got lined up.

I'm willing to put money on there being a Donkey Kong and Star Fox DLC character. It's the question of the villains or the goils. (K. Roll & Wolf or Dixie and Krystal.)
I feel like we're gonna get 4 this year, one in april, then june, then august, then october. Each 2 months apart then we'll get another 4 next year

D

Deleted member

I just voted for her. She gas potential to be a original star fox character. Also more telepaths and females are welcomed

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
People were sure of ridley or toon link being cut?? What? and no newcomer is guaranteed however Wolf is a veteran with popularity and an upcoming game, considering that lucas, a japan only character with no new game in his franchise for the past 10 years has gotten in I'd say wolf is pretty much guaranteed

Plus what newcomer could they show off at E3 that'd draw in more hype than Wolf? Krystal? Dixie? Chorus Kids? Wolf is more popular than them
Oh yeah man, there were so many random theories back when SSB4 had little to no information on how the roster was going to turn out. And I think right now is no different. We know nothing but what we can guess, and a lot of that is extremely wrong. I know why it's plausible and I can see wolf happening... But I'm not going to call it a sure thing. I think wasting DLC characters on veterans is a bad idea especially on a third clone the likes of wolf. Mewtwo and Lucas make sense, both have really unique move sets (even with Lucas' similarities to Ness) but Wolf brings nothing new to the table and I think Sakurai knows this, hence the reason he is not in the game in the first place. If any Starfox character is introduced into the game through DLC I think it will be Krystal. Still, I think the only guaranteed Newcomer at any point is King K.Rool, but whether he is revealed at E3 or afterwards is beyond me. Again, pure speculation. Everything we have right now is pure speculation and that's why I'm not really sure about Wolf, or even Krystal for that matter. The only reason I think King K.Rool is in is because there has been a whole lot of support for him before and after the release of the game and that has definitely been seen by Sakurai and company.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh yeah man, there were so many random theories back when SSB4 had little to no information on how the roster was going to turn out. And I think right now is no different. We know nothing but what we can guess, and a lot of that is extremely wrong. I know why it's plausible and I can see wolf happening... But I'm not going to call it a sure thing. I think wasting DLC characters on veterans is a bad idea especially on a third clone the likes of wolf. Mewtwo and Lucas make sense, both have really unique move sets (even with Lucas' similarities to Ness) but Wolf brings nothing new to the table and I think Sakurai knows this, hence the reason he is not in the game in the first place. If any Starfox character is introduced into the game through DLC I think it will be Krystal. Still, I think the only guaranteed Newcomer at any point is King K.Rool, but whether he is revealed at E3 or afterwards is beyond me. Again, pure speculation. Everything we have right now is pure speculation and that's why I'm not really sure about Wolf, or even Krystal for that matter. The only reason I think King K.Rool is in is because there has been a whole lot of support for him before and after the release of the game and that has definitely been seen by Sakurai and company.
I've had vital organ torn out over even daring to say that Wolf is a Semi-Clone, let alone no differnt from Fox or Falco.

All he shares are his specials and final smash. That's 5 out of 19 moves.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Lucas is unique yet wolf is a clone?

I get the feeling you've never played as him before

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'd imagine Krystal to be like Wolf, an amalgamation of all his past designs, so it could take influences from her tribal costume from Adventures, and her costumes from Assault and Command. There could be the off-chance that her design could be used for the next Star Fox, so it could be used as a bit of promotion, perhaps as an alt-costume or her default.
This...

There was some really cool are posted of Krystal in a 64 style outfit with her staff posted ages back. I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: I found someone using it as their avatar. Thanks ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox.

...and I've always found that look to be great. I like that she'll seem part of the Star Fox team, but have a quite unique moveset. That said, she really should have her Adventures outfit as an alt.

King K. Rystal

Smash Rookie
Lucas is unique yet wolf is a clone?

I get the feeling you've never played as him before
Haha I'm a casual player. The majority of players are casual players. Wolf is very, very, very similar to both Fox and Falco whether someone who plays him and analyzes his moves likes it or not. To the average player, Wolf is a clone. Lucas is a clone. I'll admit I played a lot of Lucas so I'm biased, but both are very clone-y.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

I think in a perfect world we'd get all four of those characters. Although, I'll admit that I'm not super into K. Rool and would much rather have Dixie, you can't deny he's super popular. Of all the franchises, DK and Star Fox seem poised to get two additional characters each if Smash decides to accept them. Wolf, K. Rool, Krystal, and Dixie are all in high demand. Wolf being easily the most wanted returning vet and K. Rool being easily the most wanted newcomer, with Krystal and Dixie regularly getting into the top 5 or 6 newcomers list. No other franchise can claim to have that many characters near the top. If you expanded the list to top 10 though, you might actually get a couple Mario characters. Personally, I think Mario has more than enough and it's about time the franchises that are underrepped get some love.

Haha I'm a casual player. The majority of players are casual players. Wolf is very, very, very similar to both Fox and Falco whether someone who plays him and analyzes his moves likes it or not. To the average player, Wolf is a clone. Lucas is a clone. I'll admit I played a lot of Lucas so I'm biased, but both are very clone-y.
Then it's the old issue of judging a book by it's cover. I don't deny it happens and I can see why people might claim Wolf is a clone, but it's a result of not having enough information about the character. At worst, he's a semi-clone and even that's a stretch when you consider other characters that actually share as many moves that aren't considered semi-clones.

Yeah, Wolf and Lucas are "derivative", but that's kind of it really. And it's an easy comparison to make since they come from the same series and in Lucas's case in particular, has much the same model. Wolf especially though, only really has a final smash in common with Fox or Falco. His specials are derivative, but they have wildly different mechanics. Every other move he has is very original. Lucas shares a few standard attacks and many of his specials appear and behave much more similarly to what Ness does, but they still have pretty different properties. Wolf is an original yet derivative character at best and Lucas is a semi-clone at best. Clones are characters like Lucina and Dark Pit. Dr. Mario actually starts to pass into the realm of semi-clones. Most of the Melee clones were cloney, but not quite Lucina/Dark Pit cloney, about Dr. Mario cloney, but not as original as current Falco, Ganon, and Luigi. Wolf has about as much in common with Fox or Falco as Kirby does.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think in a perfect world we'd get all four of those characters. Although, I'll admit that I'm not super into K. Rool and would much rather have Dixie, you can't deny he's super popular. Of all the franchises, DK and Star Fox seem poised to get two additional characters each if Smash decides to accept them. Wolf, K. Rool, Krystal, and Dixie are all in high demand. Wolf being easily the most wanted returning vet and K. Rool being easily the most wanted newcomer, with Krystal and Dixie regularly getting into the top 5 or 6 newcomers list. No other franchise can claim to have that many characters near the top. If you expanded the list to top 10 though, you might actually get a couple Mario characters. Personally, I think Mario has more than enough and it's about time the franchises that are underrepped get some love.
I will eat my socks if we get another Mario or Zelda character with the sole exception of Captain Toad.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Except he's not at all, every single one of his normals is completely different from fox's, that's like 17 out of an entire 22 move moveset. Saying he's very, very, very similar is the biggest overstatement I've ever heard
I will eat my socks if we get another Mario or Zelda character with the sole exception of Captain Toad.
With mario's 7 characters and pokemon's 6, I feel like zelda is under repped to be honest

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wow, a lot of responses so far. Great to see everyone rallying together.

Question that might have been brought up before, I personally dont really want Krystal but am curious about something.

What do you think she would look like? Like I cant imagine her in a "Smash Bros" art style like Fox, Falco, and Wolf.
Backing up what's already been said, they could give her an original design that borrows from her appearance in multiple games. The other Star Fox characters have done it, so it'd make the most sense.

There was some really cool are posted of Krystal in a 64 style outfit with her staff posted ages back. I'll see if I can find it.
Edit: I found someone using it as their avatar. Thanks ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox.

And that is actually a perfect example. Borrows elements from Adventures, Assault, and Command, and looks practical first and foremost with just a little sensual flair.

Whatever they go with, they could probably do something similar to Shulk and give her seven versions of her main costume and then her tribal outfit as an eighth.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Captain Toad might have the best chance of the Mario characters. He can be claimed to be a different Toad than Peach's Toad and he's got a game to sell. I'm still surprised I see so many Paper Mario votes though. Would be more acceptable to have another Mario if the Doc was just an alt, but three Mario's seems really unnecessary. My personal opinion is that Mario has enough reps though and I agree with Noivern about Zelda... at least relatively.

Similar to the Paper Mario thing, Roy seems like a tough sell unless they totally rework his moveset so he's not so much an "in-betweener" of Marth and Lucina. Of course, the argument for Paper Mario is that he could be unique, but at the end of the day he's still a "Mario". Roy also has vet status on his side, but that's really it for him. Again, if Lucina was just the alt she was intended to be, having Roy would've made a lot more sense. Another funny thing for Roy is that we already have a koopaling with that name. Honestly, I think if people really must have Roy back they'll probably get Eliwood instead. Also, I think 4 to 3.5 characters for FE is enough and if they were to get another rep, it really ought to be a truly unique character like Robin is among the current crew of FE characters. I'd hope, even then, that many other franchises get further representation first.

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
As long as Krystal doesn't look too much like her command costume, and has both her Assault and Adventures clothes as alternate costumes if neither are default, I'll be pleased with that.

I also really really hope that she uses her staff. I just got over that Bowser Jr. doesn't use the paint brush XD

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
As long as Krystal doesn't look too much like her command costume, and has both her Assault and Adventures clothes as alternate costumes if neither are default, I'll be pleased with that.

I also really really hope that she uses her staff. I just got over that Bowser Jr. doesn't use the paint brush XD
inb4 she gets in the game with her staff but it's like Dark Pit using his staff, lol

...yeah no, that would be lame.... except her being playable would be awesome at least, just lost potential

Btw guys, I voted for Krystal again yesterday while I was out on a friends tablet with their permission. I texted myself the copy of my comment...

The Star Fox representation feels incomplete and with the new Star Fox game coming for Wii U, now is the perfect time to add some much desired characters. Krystal is the top choice. Ideally, she should be a fourth rep and newcomer after Wolf returns. She has huge potential with an opportunity to have a unique moveset using her staff from Adventures. She could also use any new abilities or items she gets to use in the upcoming game for Wii U! Krystallize Smash!
It's pretty short and succinct since I didn't want to tie up the tablet too long. Just wanted to share.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Do you think it is possible that they will look at the results of this poll and also look at who was already popular in the past ? Because it could help Krystal's chances a lot.

In most of my comments, I mention how she could be original, could use her staff, I stress how popular she is and mention the newest Starfox as well. Good to see that it seems to be what you are doing as well !

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Do you think it is possible that they will look at the results of this poll and also look at who was already popular in the past ? Because it could help Krystal's chances a lot.

In most of my comments, I mention how she could be original, could use her staff, I stress how popular she is and mention the newest Starfox as well. Good to see that it seems to be what you are doing as well !
I think they'll probably do that, most likely.

I was just reading pushdustin's translations on comments from 2chan. and one guy said "why is krystal support so low?" Apparently over there they DO like her, its just they think wolf will take the spot.

Also laughed when they said, "who is shovel knight"?

I do think JP votes will have more of an influence, so maybe if someone could rally support over there it would be cool.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I like the picture Guybrush posted and am sorta cool with that, but I think I'm one of the few fans here that really favors her Assault outfit and hope if she is included her outfit in Smash 4 would hold a strong resemblance to that (or a fusion of that and the picture related). Sure, she'd probably get compared to Zamus (Zero Suit Samus) a lot due to it, but I think it makes her more 'presentable' in line with the other series reps Fox and Falco (and Wolf, if he's included). I think if she's featured in her Adventures outfit proper it would re-ignite a lot of the talk that she's only there for 'furbait'... I think she's dealt with enough harsh criticism from the negative fan-base as is. Maybe have a color/slightly altered style of the outfit to call back to her Adventures design, but keep it at that. I personally disliked her Command design a lot and hope that stays buried in her closet, but that's just me. However, she's gotta have the staff, it's literally 'hers' after all.

My personal vision is that she'd use her Adventures staff primarily for all A attacks and maybe one or two B attacks, and the other B attacks would be some sort of original outset of the technology she may have gained during her time with Star Fox in Assault. I'll admit that I've never played Adventures at all and only really played 64 and Assault, but from what I hear when Fox used her weapon he had a fairly extensive move list with it. Maybe some of the key 'signature' moves could be on her smash attacks and a bit for her specials. I dunno, that's just me giving suggestions on how it could work.

As for her Final Smash... I'll admit I also find that hard to come up with a good idea for personally, but maybe the could beef up her psychic powers just for that one attack and do something cool with it? I know she's more in the realm of telepathy and clairvoyance, but hey, it's Smash. I think she can get away with a little fiction thrown in (like how Captain Falcon obtained all his cool firey attacks for this series).

MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Smash Cadet
NNID
HelloImAToad
3DS FC
3368-3416-0761
My friends say I'm a furry for liking krystal..I've always liked her but I'm like hold on umm..no they all want geno I mean please ppl

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
My friends say I'm a furry for liking krystal..I've always liked her but I'm like hold on umm..no they all want geno I mean please ppl
It's too bad that there are people who take refuge in blanketed statements and assumptions (like the "furry" statement) rather than being open and willing to understand why some people actually are interested in characters like Krystal.

EDIT: It's part of the reason why Krystal is looked down upon regarding Super Smash Brothers. Is that really a reason to not have her in Smash?

Even if it were true, what's the harm in it? I see no harm.

Last edited:

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
That's the thing. TheRandomCities4 just took the words out of my mouth. Most folk don't want to take the time to actually look at Krystal as a true video game character and view her more like a fur pornstar. I mean, we have people asking for Bayonetta, who's DELIBERATELY made as a sex-appeal character on top of her other talents and abilities from her games, and the most I usually see flung her way is a mild "she's third party/Kamiya doesn't want her in/she's sorta racey for Smash". Krystal though? Just because of what a small community made out of her, she's literally dammed for simply existing despite doing nothing close of the sort in her source games.

Ultimately just stay true to who you want to support, as we are. You won't be without your share of prejudice due to your choice, but at least you'll be able to say you make that choice without having to resort to such cheap labeling like others against your pick.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I think they'll probably do that, most likely.

I was just reading pushdustin's translations on comments from 2chan. and one guy said "why is krystal support so low?" Apparently over there they DO like her, its just they think wolf will take the spot.

Also laughed when they said, "who is shovel knight"?

I do think JP votes will have more of an influence, so maybe if someone could rally support over there it would be cool.
The idea that there's only one "spot" per series could really hurt us. It'd be in our best interest to also get word out that the developers don't think in terms of roster spots. If one series happens to have two highly viable characters and said series is returning to relevance, why couldn't they both get in?

...But I don't think that's our biggest concern. From what I can tell, the main reason people aren't voting for her is...they're afraid of being associated with her and incurring the wrath of the trolls. That's a tougher problem to solve.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
...But I don't think that's our biggest concern. From what I can tell, the main reason people aren't voting for her is...they're afraid of being associated with her and incurring the wrath of the trolls. That's a tougher problem to solve.
The thing about that is that for the most part that's not a problem we can solve... at least, not directly. We can see what makes her so unique and special, but the nay-sayers can't... or just refuse to. So, to undue that on a large scale, the character itself sorta have to rise above it's barriers, and that's in the hands of the game developers. As Krystal is now as a character, she can't truly fend off the stigma people have put on her over the last 10+ years because she's never had the chance to grow. I feel as if Krystal was made into more of an empowering character or at least had the chance to use her potential as a meaningful character to not only Smash Bros, but to her source series, Star Fox, that opinion would be harder to enforce. First things first, though; someone in Ninendo's inner working is gonna have to bring this to the Smash crew and sorta pitch our beliefs to Sakurai and his crew and hope it clicks. To me, this isn't so much just Krystal getting into Smash, but more Krystal showing she can finally be a true gaming character asset to her series and not just the 'furry porn bait queen' the internet's made her to be. Surprisingly, it sorta means quite a bit if you ask me.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Krystal deserves a bit more depth of character admittedly. I see the potential and many others do to, including all of you guys... but it's true that just looking at what there is on the surface, it doesn't seem like she's anything but Fox's love interest. It takes a bit more work to see her depth. Nintendo could give her a hand by emphasizing these hidden parts of her character more.

This ties into the fact that I have really high hopes for Star Fox Wii U. I not only believe she will return but I'm strongly hoping for more character depth. I'm not asking for drama or character development... but just a bit more exploration of what her character is already. If not Star Fox Wii U, maybe Smash could do something. Obviously, right now I have more faith in Star Fox Wii U than I do Smash, since her odds of even being in Smash are much steeper than her very very good odds in Star Fox Wii U. Either way, Krystal deserves some love. I think the ideal way for this to happen is that Star Fox Wii U show her as awesome. Even if the trailer for the game or some gameplay clips pre-release shows her kicking some butt or having unique dialogue that shows her usefulness on the team. Something that makes her standout. Not saying she deserves more limelight than other team members, but that she should be shown as their equal and a cool team member. Something like this could really go a long way into people remembering why she's cool and why they should vote for her. And then there's even some that are simply unfamiliar with her and know only what they've heard. If they see something different and interesting, they might be more interested in her character.

Still... I don't necessarily want to wait until Star Fox Wii U gives us a hand. We need to push for her, hope she gets some help from Nintendo, and be prepared to work with whatever hand Nintendo gives us. I really hope it's something we can use but even if it isn't we just have to stick to it since we know that Krystal has potential.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Smash 4 has lots of female reps. Which is awesome. Whats not to say we could have more?
The star fox representation has been limited, but grew by one each game. Lets keep this tradition by adding krystal, (and wolf if necessary).

She could beless cloney if she has her staff. In game, and my only possible theory for her telepathy would be yet another counter.

(I too support dixie kong)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
I didn't vote for krystal, but I definitely support her inclusion. I think, like many have stated above, she could be a %100 unique star Fox character. I may not have voted for her, but I'd like for her to be in Smash just as much as eveyone here I bet. Good luck

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I've got to say it's nice to see that there is a dedicated thread for the support of Krystal in SSB4. Quite frankly I bought a Wii U and the new Smash Bros. in complete hope that she would make the cut, but alas. Before I found this thread I've bounced around several websites and I've seen a lot of support for the following characters: Krystal, Isaac, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, Wolf, and more recently Banjo and Kazooie (not necessarily in that order). Here is a link to the poll that I've been viewing for awhile, but I feel like people figuring out how to break it a while back. The three most popular characters on the poll were Mewtwo, Krystal, and Isaac.

Scratch that, I'm not trusted since this is my first post. lol

I think what the fanbase needs to do is mobilize and get loud. Most of the time, anytime a fan of Krystal brings her up they get a resounding chorus of of being called a furry (which doesn't necessarily make sense since furries are supposed to be homosexual men mainly---So Wolf. lol.) All kidding aside, if we want to garner the support necessary then there is going to have to be more social media communities and you'll have to find a way to reach out to all of the quiet followers. Quite the challenge honestly.
I've already suggested Krystal to be done by the guy who did the hoax. More because I'm starting to believe that's about the closest we'll ever get.

Though if I have to read one more post mindlessly backing a character that would absolutely ruin the feel of Smash Bros....Yes, I'm looking at you Goku, Shrek, and even you Bayonetta...I would absolutely lose my mind. Don't lose hope people! Releasing Krystal and Wolf as DLC is honestly the best marketing move on the table and they would be ignorant to pass that up. I just don't know if they will take Wolf and send Krystal packing or what. Regardless, she would make an excellent addition to the roster of this game that I've just found lacking.

#Krystallize

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Krystal deserves a bit more depth of character admittedly. I see the potential and many others do to, including all of you guys... but it's true that just looking at what there is on the surface, it doesn't seem like she's anything but Fox's love interest. It takes a bit more work to see her depth. Nintendo could give her a hand by emphasizing these hidden parts of her character more.

This ties into the fact that I have really high hopes for Star Fox Wii U. I not only believe she will return but I'm strongly hoping for more character depth. I'm not asking for drama or character development... but just a bit more exploration of what her character is already. If not Star Fox Wii U, maybe Smash could do something. Obviously, right now I have more faith in Star Fox Wii U than I do Smash, since her odds of even being in Smash are much steeper than her very very good odds in Star Fox Wii U. Either way, Krystal deserves some love. I think the ideal way for this to happen is that Star Fox Wii U show her as awesome. Even if the trailer for the game or some gameplay clips pre-release shows her kicking some butt or having unique dialogue that shows her usefulness on the team. Something that makes her standout. Not saying she deserves more limelight than other team members, but that she should be shown as their equal and a cool team member. Something like this could really go a long way into people remembering why she's cool and why they should vote for her. And then there's even some that are simply unfamiliar with her and know only what they've heard. If they see something different and interesting, they might be more interested in her character.

Still... I don't necessarily want to wait until Star Fox Wii U gives us a hand. We need to push for her, hope she gets some help from Nintendo, and be prepared to work with whatever hand Nintendo gives us. I really hope it's something we can use but even if it isn't we just have to stick to it since we know that Krystal has potential.
Like you, I also have high hopes for the upcoming Starfox Wii U as this is the perfect opportunity for both Krystal and Wolf to get some love into the limelight and that the Starfox roster should get more reps there and the same goes for the DK series and I do support those who want to see K. Rool and Dixie Kong as playable DLC. Because 2 seems quite low for the DK franchise in Smash especially since Tropical Freeze came out last year. Sooner or later, time is going to fly by quite quickly and the next thinig we know, we're finally going to get some official info from the man behind Fox, Mario and Link himself whjo is none other than Miyamoto and that I can't wait to see. Why do you think that they have not shown anything yet on the game and not even at least a teaser in this last Direct? It's obvious that they are saving it for the E3 event as a major title to showcase with Zelda being delayed. Besides, it's still great to hear that in Japan, Krystal along with K. Rool and Dixie are among the most popular choices for DLC newcomers and it still is which gives it an even better chance for all of us and not to mention that like in Japan, we also want those 3 to be in Smash 4 here in the West.

Speaking of that, I really love the name you guys placed for this thread describing her as the psychic vixen while achieving "Krystallization". Very unique and original. Also, I have been thinking of some of her movesets. Instead of her Down B being a Reflector like Fox and Falco, I would love it if she has her own counter move with the same effects to inflict the same amount of damage to the opponent who was about to hit her. Plus she could have her own Magic Gauge meter like how Little Mac has his KO meter. Every time she hits her opponents or they hit her, her Magic Meter rises and when it is full, she can unleash a beam kind of like the Thoran move that Robin uses in a way and will have KO potential if the opponents are at between 60 - 80% damage. The damage of this move would be at 25% to say the least. However, while she has her Magic Meter filling up, if she gets KOed, then obviously the meter goes back to zero like the KO meter. Speaking of that, check out a couple of these pics I found of Krystal online for fun.

Imagine for this second pic if this would have been for her Final Smash(lol). But it would look cool since I'm a sucker for taurs.

Top Bottom