• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Anyways...more Star Fox Assault characters, even on 3DS! (Look on the left of Phantom)

For those that don't remember, its Andrew Oikonny
So that's who that is next to the Phantom. I couldn't figure it out...although I was looking at a smaller version of the screenshot that made it really hard to pick out any details from the smaller trophies. I'm surprised I managed to get Viridi. >_>

So it seems they consider part of Command canon or at least relevant. It's only a small point in our favor, but it's one nonetheless.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
So that's who that is next to the Phantom. I couldn't figure it out...although I was looking at a smaller version of the screenshot that made it really hard to pick out any details from the smaller trophies. I'm surprised I managed to get Viridi. >_>

So it seems they consider part of Command canon or at least relevant. It's only a small point in our favor, but it's one nonetheless.
I don't see how this adds in our favor at all, he was in assault too. Why are you trying to relate command to this pic?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I don't see how this adds in our favor at all, he was in assault too. Why are you trying to relate command to this pic?
And this is where my limited knowledge of the modern Star Fox games gets exposed. >_>

I may be a bit of a Johnny-come-lately (mostly because I almost never have any money to buy games), but I truly am interested in the new game coming out next year, and I hope Krystal makes it in SSB4 for how distinct she could be from the rest of the cast and how high her moveset potential is.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Watch TheSw1tcher do some "Two best friends play" (Prefrebly games made by David Cage such as Indigo Prophecy & Heavy Rain)

Anyways...more Star Fox Assault characters, even on 3DS! (Look on the left of Phantom)

For those that don't remember, its Andrew Oikonny
It's a good thing that was Andrew as opposed to Krystal! If that was Krystal then I would think less of her chances. I don't think we have seen the trophies of playable characters before they are revealed to be a playable character.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Don't let the Thunderbirds concept worry you too much, it's been the sole inspiration of the series since the NES classic.

I've also read that Command was non-canon because of the amount of variables it left in the story line. Just because Canon was mentioned in Brawl does not mean it's canon either, considering we saw descriptions for the DK racing game in various DK characters, and that was a spinoff.

I will remain hopeful that this new game hits the nail on the head in regards to Star Fox's progression. So many things could be done right, and I've realized that the story taking a back seat is not as bad as we should consider it. It would basically be the same style that Assault would have in that regard.

Oh hey, they used Oikonny's Assault design as his trophy! That might say something about what game they'll be referencing!

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Don't let the Thunderbirds concept worry you too much, it's been the sole inspiration of the series since the NES classic.

I've also read that Command was non-canon because of the amount of variables it left in the story line. Just because Canon was mentioned in Brawl does not mean it's canon either, considering we saw descriptions for the DK racing game in various DK characters, and that was a spinoff.

I will remain hopeful that this new game hits the nail on the head in regards to Star Fox's progression. So many things could be done right, and I've realized that the story taking a back seat is not as bad as we should consider it. It would basically be the same style that Assault would have in that regard.

Oh hey, they used Oikonny's Assault design as his trophy! That might say something about what game they'll be referencing!
Yeah, assault references everywhere. This is getting good.

Today I bring to you all a pretty neat Time-Lapse Star Fox Commission by Layeyes

It's from the same guy that is working on the Lylat Legacy Star Fox comic.

You can check the progress here: http://lylat-legacy.tumblr.com/
Yo can see Layeyes art here: http://layeyes.deviantart.com/

EDIT:

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
There can only be one newcomer trailer left unless they decide to have 2 in the same month before the September 3rd release date in Japan. I think they might go out with a bang and have multiple newcomers at once (from different franchises) in one trailer, but still focus on one for the video title (Shulk). OR they have 2 more and they will release them back-to-back, like I mentioned before.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
There can only be one newcomer trailer left unless they decide to have 2 in the same month before the September 3rd release date in Japan. I think they might go out with a bang and have multiple newcomers at once (from different franchises) in one trailer, but still focus on one for the video title (Shulk). OR they have 2 more and they will release them back-to-back, like I mentioned before.
Actually the Japanese release is September 13th, and the North American is October 3rd.

That being said I think they can pump out another newcomer video this month and one more just before the Japanese release next month.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Nice. The news that the game is much closer to completion than originally thought is a good thing. If Sakurai wanted to add another SF character then he definitely has something to work with.

Weavel

Smash Ace

Star Fox Command has multiple endings, depending on story paths that you choose. The endings range from Fox's son creating a new Star Fox team, to Falco creating one. It is unknown as of yet which ending, if any, is the true ending. It's also implied that Star Fox Command may not even be canon to the series. The upcoming, untitled Wii U game may yet reveal what is the real ending of Star Fox Command or if the game is canon at all.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
So I just looked up what Thunderbirds was, and... My god.. Some Era miyamoto grew up in. My dad is also from an old era and he still likes to watch black and white tv!
Behold thy abomination that birthed the idea for star fox!
Escape and resistance is futile!
Hey that reminds me of Team America: World Police,
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8,
Wouldn't that be funny if Nintendo did that

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really into Kawaii stuff, but this is adorable

Star Fox Command has multiple endings, depending on story paths that you choose. The endings range from Fox's son creating a new Star Fox team, to Falco creating one. It is unknown as of yet which ending, if any, is the true ending. It's also implied that Star Fox Command may not even be canon to the series. The upcoming, untitled Wii U game may yet reveal what is the real ending of Star Fox Command or if the game is canon at all.
SF: Command isn't a bad game actually. They focused part of the game on the relationships between the characters. The endings reflect that.

Weavel

Smash Ace
I'm not really into Kawaii stuff, but this is adorable

SF: Command isn't a bad game actually. They focused part of the game on the relationships between the characters. The endings reflect that.
I never said it was, I liked commands and it was a commercial success and got good ratings. I won't tolerate people who lie and said so and so game was bad and didn't sell well.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Lately I've been thinking that Krystal might not be revealed until after the game comes out, unless there's another Smash direct this month, which I doubt.

Weavel

Smash Ace
Lately I've been thinking that Krystal might not be revealed until after the game comes out, unless there's another Smash direct this month, which I doubt.
I never expected the whole roaster to be revealed, but I do expect the whole roaster to be leaked.

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Actually the Japanese release is September 13th, and the North American is October 3rd.

That being said I think they can pump out another newcomer video this month and one more just before the Japanese release next month.
Me and cities have a theory going around right now saying ridley and krystal are gonna be confirmed in the same trailer (dont mention it again to the ridley fans cause they deem it off topic even though they talk about wario and krool...)

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Me and cities have a theory going around right now saying ridley and krystal are gonna be confirmed in the same trailer (dont mention it again to the ridley fans cause they deem it off topic even though they talk about wario and krool...)
Let her ride the space dino. (Twist: Ridley is a part of krystal's final smash.)

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Look what I've found, some unused Character designs for Star Fox Assault:

I want a game that plays like an improved version of assault, and a reveal trailer with krystal riding on Ridley would be such a throw back to adventures haha.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh, so Miyamoto wasn't lying when he said that 2015 would be the year of Starfox...

Then again, I've been disappointed many times by the release dates at Nintendo...

EDIT : As for a Ridley & Krystal reveal, I'd be all for it. Two characters that I like, and double the rage !

Last edited:

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
Oh, so Miyamoto wasn't lying when he said that 2015 would be the year of Starfox...

Then again, I've been disappointed many times by the release dates at Nintendo...

EDIT : As for a Ridley & Krystal reveal, I'd be all for it. Two characters that I like, and double the rage !
Haha well falco needs to be confirmed as well so what better star fox newcomer is there then her

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Another day another boring POTD. Come on Sakurai how about giving us more info on the new Star Fox stage. The POTDs really have been a bit dull lately imo.

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Another day another boring POTD. Come on Sakurai how about giving us more info on the new Star Fox stage. The POTDs really have been a bit dull lately imo.
This, and Sakurai shouldn't be wasting any more precious PotD on the useless informations when the Smash bros for 3DS in Japan is coming soon.

There's literally only 25 PotD left...

I imagine that when Sakurai only has 10 PotD left or so we'll be seeing two weeks of purely awesome info about Smash Bros. including explanation of Star Fox stage for Wii U and another Star Fox stage for 3DS!

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointment with the PotD. I was hoping we would have gotten a "newcomer video on Monday" announcement since last reveal took place on July 14. If we would have had a newcomer video coming this Monday that would evenly spaced out the last two newcomer videos between the July reveal and the Japanese release date (assuming there's two newcomer videos left).

I'll be upset if the roster or, at least all the newcomers aren't all revealed before the Japanese release of the game. It's not fair if Japan gets all the fun while we sit here an just watch the roster get unofficially confirmed.

Also, a pic the day that would show characters fighting on the Assault Great Fox stage would have been better than any pic of the day we have seen for the past two weeks or so!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Don't worry, people! It may very well be that there's either a direct this month that reveals a bunch of characters including Krystal, or Krystal isn't revealed until after the release of the game.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
The PotD were never really awesome, especially for me. I really liked SSBB's dojo, they could have done the same but less in advance.

Toad... :-(

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
This is going to be a little off topic, but who cares. I'm so happy that I spent the 10$ to buy a digital copy of Shadow of The Colossus two nights ago for my PS3 because I'm kicking myself for not getting such an epic game years ago. Every time I boot up the game I watch this epic intro video:
It gives me shivers every time. Anyway I'll be spending my time playing this epic game while waiting for more Star Fox related SSB4 information. Lets hope Monday will bring a POTD that's actually interesting.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I am here!

...wait did I already do this? It feels like I did.

Anyway I support with my limited knowledge of starfox, which is 64 remake and a few minutes of command. Still, from what I've seen from the other two games I like. So yeah.

Top Bottom