• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
So, does anyone think Sakurai will do any more of these types of reveals before the release date? If so, when do you think he would? I guess it seems it could every be other Friday, to make us wait until the each respectively following Mandy. Heck, some of these franchises could be receiving these "last-minute" hype trailers every Friday before the game releases in Japan, as a build-up. After all, there's roughly only 9 weeks left before the game releases in Japan.

I only wonder, if he continues these reveals, if Star Fox will be one of them. Seeing the big surprise today, I don't see how it's not possible.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
krystals not making it. no demand and no will. lol if you think the arwing is a hint or anything. hint for falco maybe lol

gg

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Todays character reveals actually helped StarFox in a way if you think about it. Since there're 4 Fire Emblem reps in the roster now there's no reason for people to b@$#h about StarFox possibly having 4 reps in the roster anymore.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
k cool but yeah falcos next reveal if anything. pretty sure of it.
Well, the trailers for Greninja and Lucina + Robin prove that there can be multiple reveals in one trailer, with veterans. Hence, Charizard, and Captain Falcon respectively. It is not out of the realm of possibility that they could do another triple reveal, a la today's trailer, with Falco, Wolf and Krystal. Two veterans, one newcomer.

Though, again, we'll see.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Todays character reveals actually helped StarFox in a way if you think about it. Since there're 4 Fire Emblem reps in the roster now there's no reason for people to b@$#h about StarFox possibly having 4 reps in the roster anymore.
And that is the interesting reality. Because, you know, 4 Fire Emblem characters is now reality.

How many people expected that?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Alright wake up. So we got Lucina + Robin, we still have a shot with Krystal. Let's talk moveset potential ~

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Alright wake up. So we got Lucina + Robin, we still have a shot with Krystal. Let's talk moveset potential ~
Standard Special Move: Blaster

Side Special : Krystal Illusion

up Special Move: Fire Krystal

Down Special Move: Reflector

Final Smash: Landmaster

:troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well she can pull from the staff of course, which in its on right can give her a full fledged unique moveset, but I don't hate the idea of her using different moves than the stanard staff moveset.

I was thinking she could use her telepathic abiltities in a counter move for her B, and then have her B> alternate between fire and ice blasts

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey! Now that the Gematsu leak isn't 100% true, people may start considering Krystal again!
She could have a super cool stardom trailer that announces Falco and Wolf as well!

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
k cool but yeah falcos next reveal if anything. pretty sure of it.
And Krystal can be revealed with him. Pretty sure of it.

Seriously though, how come there hasn't been any other StarFox content revealed since the announcement of the game? Kind of odd.

Last edited:

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
realtalk tho if wolf is gone im not cool with krystal. gonna have to do a 4 way reveal or something cause yeah. i dunno about this wii u game.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though, how come there hasn't been any other StarFox content
realtalk tho if wolf is gone im not cool with krystal. gonna have to do a 4 way reveal or something cause yeah. i dunno about this wii u game.
I think the new StarFox game increases Wolf and Krystal's chances both, tbh. Plus, if FE can get 4 reps, so can StarFox, a series that was represented in the first game.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
The attempts at trolling in this thread right now are adorable. Anyway there're are so many possibilities for Krystal's moveset that it boggles my mind. It'll be interesting to see what she'll be able to do if she gets in.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Seriously though, how come there hasn't been any other StarFox content

I think the new StarFox game increases Wolf and Krystal's chances both, tbh. Plus, if FE can get 4 reps, so can StarFox, a series that was represented in the first game.
check this out her downb is a counter-like thing like marth and them. shes psychic right? see it comin and pow get punched or shot or something.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
check this out her downb is a counter-like thing like marth and them. shes psychic right? see it comin and pow get punched or shot or something.
Actually if her attacks are based around the staff she uses, Krystal's down b would be the ground quake.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
Actually if her attacks are based around the staff she uses, Krystal's down b would be the ground quake.
well i dont think theyll get rid of all her starfox stuff. she'll prolly have a blaster or something(lol spacies). i think the staff'll be for close range stuff or one or two special moves

be funny if she wears her adventures stuff and pulls a gun out. lol where'd you hide that?!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I really want her down B to be the shield Fox was using when pressing R in adventure.
I personally wouldn't mind, but I know people would want her to stray away from any sort of move set similarities to Fox, Faloc, or Wolf.

I say VB is quake but B could be her telepathic counter. This would leave rocket boost for an ^B and then a Fire/Ice >B.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
well i dont think theyll get rid of all her starfox stuff. she'll prolly have a blaster or something(lol spacies). i think the staff'll be for close range stuff or one or two special moves

be funny if she wears her adventures stuff and pulls a gun out. lol where'd you hide that?!
lol that's funny to think about. She could just have a holster around her waste while she's wearing her adventures outfit.

I think they can utilize the staff with her whole moveset, including specials.

Bstandard - Blaster
Bcustom1 - Ice Mist
Bcustom2 - Fire Blast

UpB - Rocket Boost
UpBcustom1 - n/a
UpBcustom2 - n/a

DownB - Ground Quake
DownBcustom1 - Aura Shield
DownBcustom2 - n/a

Side B - Grenade
SideBcustom1 - n/a
SideBcustom2 - n/a

The potential is definitely there for her as a character with a unique moveset, especially with her staff.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
One of her VB could be a Staff spin. It could have a lot of knockback, but weak attack. Used to get bogies off your tail

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
more like she faces the camera and spins her staff vertically.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wouldn't say she has GOOD odds, but she's a possible candidate. If we can have Roy and Greninja in the game before they're even revealed in their games of origin, we can have a previously popular character included before her confirmation in an upcoming release. If she is in Smash 4, she will be in SF4.

Not that I doubt her inclusion in SF4 at all.

Let's finish these:

Bstandard - Blaster
Bcustom1 - Ice Mist
Bcustom2 - Fire Blast

UpB - Rocket Boost
UpBcustom1 - n/a
UpBcustom2 - n/a

DownB - Ground Quake
DownBcustom1 - Aura Shield
DownBcustom2 - Staff Spin

Side B - Grenade
SideBcustom1 - n/a
SideBcustom2 - n/a
Tonight I'll update the front page.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Krystal special moveset.

B: Staff fireshot - fireshot from star fox adventures. Tap b just shoots a small fire shot straight, it can be rapid fired similar to fox'es blaster. Holding b allows you to walk left and right while holding the fire shot, (functions similar to cracker launcher from brawl) in this stance you can aim it up or down as you please, let go of b to fire the shot. Fire shots have small hitstun unlike fox'es blaster and come out a bit slower.

B Over: Staff spin - the twirl attack from star fox adventures including the options for the two follow up staff slams.

B Up: Rising Staff - the magic booster from star fox adventures, has a ton of vertical height but no horizontal advantage.

B Down: Quake - Quake attack from star fox adventures. Chargeable from the ground. Makes a stunning shock wave that's area and damage is dependent upon the charge time. (When done in air this is determined by how far you fall.) Depending on how charged the move is there will be time for possible followup attacks while the opponent is stunned.

Customs

B: Ice Blow or Blaster

B Over: 2 Different spin attacks with different properties

B Up: 2 Different angles or properties of her staff rise (possibly diagonal or horizontal)

B down: Aura shield, and maybe Krystal illusion?

Last edited:

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Fox = Marth (the original)
Falco = Lucina (semi-clone of the original)
Wolf = Ike (slow powerhouse variant of the original)
Krystal = Robin (unique character but not as well known as the others)

Now remember Star Fox has 11 million sales overall and Fire Emblem 6 million...
After today a lot of things became more acceptable since the roster may be 50 characters,
they kept saying at E3 how massive the final roster became in the end so everything is possible.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Starfox could easily get 4 reps now so why not add krystal we don't need to get rid of wolf or falco and I'll be upset over either going.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Sakurai is giving attention for the female characters, maybe krystal is next

Top Bottom