• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Star Fox is nintendo's series with the most potential and they dont realize it the have great characters, a great setting, a unique charm, and several types of gameplay at their disposal to fit with. They need to realize that star fox is their star wars/mass effect game that has never been given the right kind of love. An on rails space shooter (air, land, and on foot, hell even underwater.), with tweaked action/rpg/3rd person shooter/puzzle mechanics to give it the depth the series deserves, and fleshing out the story and characters to boot could end up being one of the greatest games ever made in the right hands. The question is if nintendo are those right hands...

And trust me Im aware this is unfortunately a pipe dream at this point but I swear this franchise could make nintendo so much more money and fan conviction if they just put the money into this franchise that it deserves. This game could be a long epic game without even discussing multiplayer options if Nintendo would just think for one ****ing second but alas I doubt my dream will ever come true...

I also motion for a cannon star fox anime, It could be awesome. (Id say aim it at teens since, nintendo wouldnt allow it to get too violent but just violent enough.)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I just thought about what I'd do if I ran Nintendo, I'd emphasize adapting and evolving to survive, I'd fire the old executives, fire Iwata, reduce Miyamoto's role, promote Reggie, give Nintendo of America more freedom, and shift power of the company so that all of Nintendo's divisions had a say, and could develop games suited to the regions, I'd give Nintendo better executives, ones that know today's gaming market, I'd rename the Wii U to the Revolution, make black the standard color, drop the GamePad (or at least make it like the DreamCast VMU, optional, but not required), start encouraging developers to develop for the console, support indie games, and start aggressively advertising the Revolution with cool, edgy, hip ads, saying that "This Ain't Your Parents Nintendo!!", among other cool edgy ads, and air them during major events, (World Series, Super Bowl, etc.), making so that you can't avoid the console, even making black the standard color, also using superstar athletes, for example, if Nintendo made a Mario Basketball game, get LeBron James in the commericals, for Mario Kart 8, putting in NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr, for baseball, Bryce Harper, and if Nintendo made a wrestling game, Daniel Bryan or Randy Orton, but sadly that's about as likely as Florida freezing over,

Last edited:

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
Double Post Warning Received
look i would love to have krystal but face it She wount be in smash. I know everyone like 'o we can have so and so for dlc'. im pretty sure smash isnt going to want to put work in to her. For dlc and if they even do have dlc its probably for mewtwo or any other character that was in previous smash games that arent in the new smash.

look as much as i want her in she wont not even for dlc if they even have it. Anyways i pretty sure smash isn't going to want to put work in her if shes hated alot and plus dlc is probably on for the characters who were in older smash games that r not in the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

look i would love to have krystal but face it She wount be in smash. I know everyone like 'o we can have so and so for dlc'. im pretty sure smash isnt going to want to put work in to her. For dlc and if they even do have dlc its probably for mewtwo or any other character that was in previous smash games that arent in the new smash.
All right, thanks for the heads up, Mr. Sakurai-

Oh wait.

if shes hated alot
We've been over this already.

D

Deleted member

well its true think about it Everyone thinks thats smash will do it. And to them it means adding the older characters from smash to the new one
You've told me Japan (An audience that Sakurai usually focuses on) dislikes her, yet I asked you to give me proof that they do indeed hate her...you have provided nothing.

Sure sure shes not the brightest Star Fox character but she is far from most hated.

If you want to give up support on her, then go ahead. But I'm not giving up until Sakurai outright says "Krystal will not be playable"

Fox fan6667

Smash Cadet
You've told me Japan (An audience that Sakurai usually focuses on) dislikes her, yet I asked you to give me proof that they do indeed hate her...you have provided nothing.

Sure sure shes not the brightest Star Fox character but she is far from most hated.

If you want to give up support on her, then go ahead. But I'm not giving up until Sakurai outright says "Krystal will not be playable"

look theres a link on google u type in Krystal is in smash bros 4 there should be some type of youtube link. look i didnt say that i stoped believeing in her makeing it but u dont see any links of her being in smash besides the i find on google. i would post a link but im on my wii u controller my computer broke

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I was quite bored today, so I decided to sketch Krystal

This is more or less how I'd like her to be in the game. In the left side I made little doodles about her final smash, going with a fliying dinosaur (Like the begining of SF Adventures) and then shooting stuff like Snake's final smash.

What do you think? I take suggestions for future doodles.

D

Deleted member

I was quite bored today, so I decided to sketch Krystal

This is more or less how I'd like her to be in the game. In the left side I made little doodles about her final smash, going with a fliying dinosaur (Like the begining of SF Adventures) and then shooting stuff like Snake's final smash.

What do you think? I take suggestions for future doodles.
Not bad, pretty cool! Since you seem to take suggestions, how about covering her taunts or B moves?

I think it's the newcomer reveal that's being broadcasted Monday morning.
Correct!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If SF Wii U was coming out a few years earlier, Krystal definitely would've been a character to be reckoned with, considering all the attention Sakurai is doting upon recent games and the popularity spike she'd receive.

Assuming she was and will be in SF Wii U ofc.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
That is pretty interesting. I totally overlooked that. Out of curiosity, who do you believe will be revealed?
If I were to take a guess, it could be one of the Gematsu characters that have yet to be revealed. Specifically? I'm not sure, but I'll go with my gut and say Shulk.

However, I find it curious that the trailer is set to be three minutes long. It almost makes me think that veterans could be revealed alongside this newcomer, like the Greninja trailer. Also, there's the fact that the last three character portraits on the Smash 4 website are newcomers. In the past, Sakurai spaced out newcomers with veterans quite nicely (with the exception of this year's E3, where three newcomer portraits are back-to-back; even last year's E3 newcomers were spaced between the veterans revealed). This could be totally over-thinking it, but we avid Smash speculators enjoy grasping at straws from time to time because it's fun.

It would be amazing if Krystal became like Rosalina, implemented without being leaked by Gematsu.

Then again, Palutena's trailer was roughly three minutes, so it could be anyone.

In the end, I'll still hold judgement regarding Krystal's inclusion until we know whether or not DLC will be in the game.

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I hope we'll get some returning veterans aswell. For me the ultimate perfection would be:

Krystal confirmed as a newcomer + Falco returning veteran + (Wolf?) I would absolutely lose my sh*t if this happens. You know, dreaming is free.

What would everyone's reactions be if Krystal was announced as the newcomer on Monday
My reaction:

SmashBoards Reaction:

Jurgen Klopp (The angry man) represents the angry community blaming Sakurai because they revealed Krystal instead of Ridley (I'm no hater, I actually like the idea of ridley, but Krystal is the newcomer that I want the most)

Yeah, I love football xD

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I hope we'll get some returning veterans aswell. For me the ultimate perfection would be:

Krystal confirmed as a newcomer + Falco returning veteran + (Wolf?) I would absolutely lose my sh*t if this happens. You know, dreaming is free.

My reaction:

SmashBoards Reaction:

Jurgen Klopp (The angry man) represents the angry community blaming Sakurai because they revealed Krystal instead of Ridley (I'm no hater, I actually like the idea of ridley, but Krystal is the newcomer that I want the most)

Yeah, I love football xD
THIS WHAT I WANTED TOO, but at least changed some specials

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
This is probably dum of me to bring up, but have any of you guys noticed the pattern with newcomer reveales? I noticed that Sakurai reveales a female character and two male characters in groups of 3.

E3 2013: Villager, Mega Man & Wii Fit Trainer

Months in between E3 2013 & 2014: Rosalina, Little Mac & Greninja

E3 2014: Mii Fighters, Palutena & Pac-Man

I'm not sure if this means anything, but based on this little discovery of mine it could mean something for Monday. I'm going to guess that the newcomer on July 14th could possibly be a female character. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for Krystal that day.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
One of the more ridiculous pattern theories I've heard tbh. It shouldn't be surprising if Sakurai is spreading out the reveals of females, it makes the roster look more diverse.

What would everyone's reactions be if Krystal was announced as the newcomer on Monday
Delight at getting Krystal then delight once more at all the delicious tears. :grin:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Even if they are named Kratos
If its Kratos from Tales of Symphonia then I'm in. :troll:

I would draw some Krystal fanart and laugh and everyone claiming the furmageddon (Im not a furry, but I like that kind of characters).

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Actually... it could be Krystal. Bear with me on the following, as some of it might seem long-winded. However, it remains interestingly possible.

Firstly, I established that Star Fox 3D was released on July 14th, 2011, right? It was released in Japan that day, not the U.S.

Why is that significant? Well, Sakurai released veterans on multiple anniversaries/release dates of certain games. Most of these dates (in fact, all that I can remember) were the Japanese anniversaries/release dates. King DeDeDe is one example, and Yoshi was going to be another (but was held for the direct due to fine-tuning changes, which eventually led to the speculation of changes in Metaknight and Ganondorf, but that's another topic). Diddy Kong, I believe, is another.

Here's the thing: the Japanese anniversary of Star Fox 64 3D on July 14th could hint to the veteran inclusion of the newcomer trailer, for most (perhaps all, even) of the anniversary-related characters were veterans. Also, how many franchises are starving of content in the new Smash Brothers so far? Besides Mother/Earthbound, I can only really think of Star Fox...

Not only that, but there's the curious spacing of the portraits of veterans and newcomers on the Smash home website. The most common pattern (if you want to call it a pattern, a pattern that repeated 4 times successfully) is: Veteran, Veteran, Veteran, Newcomer (and it squares up nicely on the website, but... details, who really cares?). I realize that this isn't consistent through the entirety of the website, but it has only been disrupted by both E3's. Yes, this pattern survived through the Smash Direct, and that was considered big.

Why could this matter? Besides, this would mean that we could get Falco, Wolf, Krystal; Veteran, Veteran, Newcomer (thus not conforming to the pattern itself). Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to point you to Nintendo's sponsorship of Evo. Yes, Evo is happening this weekend. Nintendo could reveal a veteran there, easily (or the Monday pic of the day, following Evo). Captain Falcon hype, anyone? (Probably won't happen, but this is all theoretical, so don't bash me for "grasping for straws", as I'm well aware that I could very well be. Like I said before, sometime's it's fun to extend hypothesis and embrace the possibilities through speculation, but that's just me). Thus, with a veteran reveal at Evo, plus the remaining Star Fox cast (plus Krystal) on Monday, the pattern would be restored: Veteran, Veteran, Veteran, Newcomer.

Honestly, the point above doesn't really matter one way or another, but it is interesting. The smash site will live if this doesn't turn out to be a stock pattern, and the possibility of Krystal being revealed on Monday certainly doesn't hinge on this point either. I personally think that having four newcomer portraits, while roughly eleven veterans have yet to be shown, would be odd, but that's my opinion.

There is another more interesting point, though. The next point is more hypothetical than the previous ones (but it makes more sense than the previous point all together).

Many of us are assuming Sakurai is well aware of the Gematsu leak, right? And because of Rosalina, I'm sure that it's a safe bet there are other characters Gematsu wasn't aware of (or, knowingly didn't leak on purpose, but that's a topic I'm reserving for a later date...) that have yet to be revealed. E3 just confirmed three additional Gematsu characters. I would like to think, that if this is possible, Sakurai would throw in another curve ball to surprise us, somewhere.

This, and Monolith Soft, while they retweeted Sakurai's post, have retweeted many Smash-related things in the past few months, so I'm not convinced that it's sure-fire evidence for Shulk. Sure, it's the writer this time around, but I'm still not entirely convinced.

But there's something else to this point:

I have a question to all who read this post. How aware is Sakurai about the flak that the Star Fox franchise has received due to the semi-clone feel of the characters and their literal clones-for-Final-Smashes in Brawl?

I'm actually surprised that I haven't seen this brought up before. This is the next Smash Brothers game! Do we really think that Sakurai, who's probably no doubt aware of the flak that the Star Fox franchise has received in Brawl, is going to repeat the same mistake, or neglect the franchise from a chance to finally prove itself capable of producing a fighter that can truly be unique or different than the other Star Fox characters? And again, they can show us all of the new final smashes together, to showcase and clarify how different they are.

I can see it now:

Masahiro Sakurai

"Look Ma, no multiple land masters!"

To me, this is why it makes sense for Sakurai to release Krystal along with Falco and Wolf, instead of Krystal being DLC. No other franchise (save for certain characters, i.e. Ganondorf, but this is referring to whole franchises) on the Smash roster has some important change that is needed, and needed to be clarified. Along the production of Smash 4, Sakurai has made clear the changes made to certain characters from the past iterations of Smash. Why would he miss this opportunity to capitalize on clarifying the changes to a franchise in Smash Brothers that, easily more than every other franchise on the roster, desperately needs a change to be clarified to the Smash audience? It almost makes no sense not to. Besides, this is an excellent time to finally show us a stage or two for Star Fox! On-ground Sauria, anyone?

If the change isn't made, and clarified, I predict the Star Fox franchise to continue receiving flak regarding representation and character feel. That would be incredibly unfortunate.

Besides, I think we've forgotten about the way Charizard was revealed in the Smash Direct. Firstly, he's the only veteran to be revealed, so far, in a newcomer trailer. There was a reason, though. Sakurai used the newcomer trailer of Greninja to punctuate the clarification that Charizard is no longer with the Pokemon Trainer. To me, it seems that veterans might only become included in a newcomer trailer if there is a change that is needed to be clarified. I think the Star Fox veterans are in need of a clarified change regarding move-sets and Final Smashes, due to the mostly negative reception the franchise received in Brawl. A great way to punctuate such a change would be for Krystal to spearhead it.

Anyways, these were a couple thoughts of mine. What do you guys think? Personally, I'm not expecting anyone specific. I'll wait and see who it is on Monday. I just thought some of these points could be interesting.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If we get Krystal on Monday I'll be as ecstatic as any of you, she's been my second most wanted since pre-Brawl, but... it's not going to be her.

Maybe in the future she'll have a fighting chance again, with SF Wii U and the rejuvenation in popularity, but atm I don't think it's her time. :/

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I think the key phrase is "Expect the lamest thing ever, and you shall be satisfied beyond that". It worked with the Mii Fighters and Pacman for me.
Unless you are Dewey from Malcom in the Middle, "I expected nothing and I'm still let down".

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I would so like it if Krystal was revealed on Monday but I'm just not expecting it at that point. I think it's going to be Shulk.

If it happens, though, I'll probably have a big smile on my face for the rest of the day, because that would mean there is still hope for non-gematsu characters.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
As much as I'd love for Krystal to be revealed, I have a STRONG feeling that it's the Chorus Men. Their reveal's reaction could be more positive since Sakurai explains them directly.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I have a question to all who read this post. How aware is Sakurai about the flak that the Star Fox franchise has received due to the semi-clone feel of the characters and their literal clones-for-Final-Smashes?
If he hasn't become aware of our concerns by now, he never will. The veteran and possible newcomer reveals should tell us everything we need to know about the kind of pulse he has on the community.

Anyways, these were a couple thoughts of mine. What do you guys think?
I agree with everything you've said, but would like to add some thoughts of my own. The return of Toon Link's eerily similar special skill set shows that Sakurai's entering a relapse, and after a sustained bout of creative brilliance in bringing Villager, Little Mac, WFT and Mega Man along. It always seems that when we get a third party character or some other newcomer of interest, he mostly rises to the occasion, but when it comes to veterans, we get half-hearted efforts in distinguishing one character from the other. I'm tired of fans settling for different A attacks and being okay with the fact that the special moves of those characters are conceptually the same, with some minor modifications. They should expect more, because we know Sakurai and his team are capable of it.

On Krystal, I'm not feeling confident that she's getting revealed next Monday. I think that will be a day to tell us what we basically already know. Like you, I think Shulk is the most likely to get the spotlight, however, I wouldn't discount your theory entirely. Stranger things have happened and the pattern does give me something to think about.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's going to be Chorus Kids, or Shulk. Chrom will be left as a hidden character. DLC is her best chance, but she would be included mst likely on character merits alone, not being shoehorned with recency or a new game, and that hasn't exactly boded well for characters in similar situations as her (Isaac and K Rool). SF Wii U MAY mean something to Smash 5 though... maybe..

I hate the character design for the fan game, but the hype trailer was pretty awesome. interested/10

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not a bad thing. I don't believe Krystal is a playable character, but on the off chance that we don't only have three newcomers it doesn't look too bad to have this date be the day

Top Bottom