• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Originally I did not support her.
But again with Fire Emblem getting 4 reps, StarFox can easily hit that benchmark.
I guess I'm a semi-supporter.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
my hopes for Krystal actually seem like a possibility now that the Gematsu leak is a fraud. After seeing Lucina and the female alternate of Robin it seems like Sakurai is prioritizing female characters.

We've already confirmed or de-confirmed pretty much all the characters that were considered to be more popular than Krystal with the exception of King K. Rool and maybe Shulk. And there's still most likely a couple more newcomer spaces left.

with the new Starfox on it's way Krystal's chances seem to be the highest at this moment since the reveal of Super Smash Bros. 4.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
my hopes for Krystal actually seem like a possibility now that the Gematsu leak is a fraud. After seeing Lucina and the female alternate of Robin it seems like Sakurai is prioritizing female characters.

We've already confirmed or de-confirmed pretty much all the characters that were considered to be more popular than Krystal with the exception of King K. Rool and maybe Shulk. And there's still most likely a couple more newcomer spaces left.

with the new Starfox on it's way Krystal's chances seem to be the highest at this moment since the reveal of Super Smash Bros. 4.
well resinks of male characters but ya Krystal does have a lot going for her now

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Star Fox: Just one rep confirmed for this game (fox) no stages revealed for Star Fox. We're definetely getting a themed revealing video.

Same goes for DK.
Indeed, but the only question now is when will it happen/occur. Comic-Con is coming up soon, but Nintendo never really does anything special except show off demos of new games. Who knows maybe will get another character reveal.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Indeed, but the only question now is when will it happen/occur. Comic-Con is coming up soon, but Nintendo never really does anything special except show off demos of new games. Who knows maybe will get another character reveal.
Yeah, we could easily say that we'll probably get one video for each month, but I still wonder...

How many of these videos does Sakurai have left? I believe we have 10 newcomer trailers so far. Out of ten, I would even consider up to 5 remaining, "nearing the bottom of the stash".

If he has more than two, chances are they will be slightly more frequent than one per month because the game releases in Japan in September.

Crossing my fingers for a Star Fox themed reveal (Krystal, of course). I want to pop that champagne bottle and celebrate with class.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Its definitely not a fraud. The information is either dated, or Sakurai is taking a lot of measures to hide against leaks. You don't guess all the reveals (except one) out of pure luck.

well resinks of male characters but ya Krystal does have a lot going for her now
Robin is a reskin, but Lucina is not.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Its definitely not a fraud. The information is either dated, or Sakurai is taking a lot of measures to hide against leaks. You don't guess all the reveals (except one) out of pure luck.

Robin is a reskin, but Lucina is not. Stop saying she is.
she is a clone accept it but this is not about her this is about krystal

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
she is a clone accept it but this is not about her this is about krystal
>clone

No, already been disproven. She's like Toon Link. She has different animations and two of her attacks have different properties than Marth's. That alone makes her a semi-clone.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Its definitely not a fraud. The information is either dated, or Sakurai is taking a lot of measures to hide against leaks. You don't guess all the reveals
Sakurai stated the roster was planned ahead of development so the information would have to be wayyyy out of date. I doubt the development team could implement both Robin and Lucina shortly after the April Direct.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai stated the roster was planned ahead of development so the information would have to be wayyyy out of date. I doubt the development team could implement both Robin and Lucina shortly after the April Direct.
The information could have been skewed, or altered. Or purposefully told incorrectly. It's all speculation, but like I said, you don't guess this many characters (some of them being completely out of the blue) like this. The leak is legitimate, to an extent.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Today was a good day. My faith in Krystal just SHOT UP :) I have great confidence in her inclusion, as there is so much potential.

OOOOOOH IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE ABLE TO SPECULATE AGAIN

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
>clone

No, already been disproven. She's like Toon Link. She has different animations and two of her attacks have different properties than Marth's. That alone makes her a semi-clone.
can i have source but if you can't get me one only time will tell if she is a full or a semi

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Starfox trailer showing Fox Falco Wolf and Krystal. Dk trailer showing DK, diddy, dixie and King k. rool. Villian trailer showing Ridley, Mewtwo and Ganondorf. Boom we win.
Why not porky in the villaining trailer?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Look around /ssbg/. They had multiple pictures comparing Marth and Lucina's ^B and B, as well as how their general animatons are different. Lucina's Up B goes three times higher than Marth's, and even a bit more forward. Your best bet is someone reposting the comparison images on 4chan, because I don't have them.

SWF and /ssbg/ are the two places for smash news imo.

ANYWAYS, let's get back to Star Fox talk.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
wolf is confirmed? i think it might just be fox + falco. Falcon's pic teases falco, i think(likely secret vet hinting at likely secret vet)

D

Deleted member

well she is apart of the star fox crew is she not
Yeah but there is no confirmation that she is in the new game or removed. Even if one of the guys that played the game didn't spot her, its still too early to tell

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
IF she isn't in the first trailer, then worry. But I do not think we will see a trailer until much after Smash 3DS is released. Perfect timing for her to be a DLC character

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
I've said it before. I feel that whoever is included in Star Fox Wii U doesn't affect who was decided to be in Smash 4. The Smash 4 roster was apparently decided "years ago", according to Sakurai.

Considering all we saw of Star Fox Wii U at E3 2014 was like a tech demo, the project probably had no major developmental steps made to really affect anything, at that time.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
IF she isn't in the first trailer, then worry. But I do not think we will see a trailer until much after Smash 3DS is released. Perfect timing for her to be a DLC character
Hey Shorts would it be okay if I added your move set for Krystal in the star fox character discussion thread? I need to fill up the OP with move sets. :^)

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
A Starfox themed trailer and a Donkey Kong one would be awesome.
Dixie and Krystal would be very hype-worthy for me since they're the two females I wanted the most this time around (for Brawl it was Dixie and Gardevoir).

I was thinking the roster would be under 50, but it looks like it's going to be massive. In Brawl there were 39 characters, right ? Sakurai had said not to expect an addition like what happened from Melee to Brawl, so we all thought we'd get ten new chars at most. But with Rosalina, Palutena, Mii Fighters, Lucina, Wii Fit Trainer, Greninja, Villager, Megaman, Pacman, Little Mac and Daraen we already have 11 new characters...

And Sakurai said that they were nearing the end of trailers, but you don't usually say that type of thing when you only have one trailer remaining, which means there's at least two more trailers (let's be real, you don't say that if you only have one left, it would be very disappointing for the fans (then again, they did say 'summer release' so...)).

5 other trailers is a bit too much in my opinion, though. I'd say either 2 or 3 more.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My hopes are certainly higher for Krystal (and pretty much everything non-Gematsu) but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'll just have a very pleasant surprise and a new main if she shows up, and there's always DLC if she doesn't.

Though, the lack of StarFox content besides Fox himself and the Smart Bomb is suspect...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
My hopes are certainly higher for Krystal (and pretty much everything non-Gematsu) but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'll just have a very pleasant surprise and a new main if she shows up, and there's always DLC if she doesn't.

Though, the lack of StarFox content besides Fox himself and the Smart Bomb is suspect...
Fox, Smart Bomb, and SF64 Andross. That's IT. That's just plain weird.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Fox, Smart Bomb, and SF64 Andross. That's IT. That's just plain weird.
Forgot about Uncle Andross. Quite the conundrum indeed, though.

I'm not really sure anymore, with Lucina apparently being a brand new clone, I can't see Falco changing much outside of a possible new final smash. I do believe Wolf will get a new final smash, and possibly a new special or two, seeing as the rest of his moveset was entirely unique. Say we get Fox, still clone Falco, new final smash Wolf, and newcomer Krystal with a unique moveset.

It really seems like the best case scenario at this point.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Agreed. Something weird is going on with Donkey Kong, Earthbound, Kirby, and Starfox. We're seeing a serious lack of content there. Kirby and DK are both missing new stages, Earthbound has nothing (Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn have been seen in press kit, but were NOT in the E3 Demo), And Star Fox has only Fox and his items. I have to question this.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well overall because of the reveal today, and the fact the Fire Emblem is being represented ten-fold now, I'm really hoping that the next newcomer trailer is Starfox themed. Like I and many have been saying, there's no Starfox representation....AT ALL. Perfect for a trailer blowout extravaganza.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Forgot about Uncle Andross. Quite the conundrum indeed, though.

I'm not really sure anymore, with Lucina apparently being a brand new clone, I can't see Falco changing much outside of a possible new final smash. I do believe Wolf will get a new final smash, and possibly a new special or two, seeing as the rest of his moveset was entirely unique. Say we get Fox, still clone Falco, new final smash Wolf, and newcomer Krystal with a unique moveset.

It really seems like the best case scenario at this point.
Agreed. I wanted Falco to get a rework especially, but now I don't feel that's going to happen given the trend that's unfolding. We'll be extremely lucky if we get Krystal. This is my unbiased opinion. I hope Sakurai sees the potential in this one and goes for broke, because that's the only thing that will motivate them to make her playable. Krystal must bring something totally different than what Fox, Falco and Wolf collectively will to justify that elusive and coveted 4th slot. I was okay with a blaster and reflector setup in the past, but now I feel a staff-based moveset gives her the best chance, which is the better option anyway.

It should be virtually impossible to reach for ideas with a telepath who own's a mulifunctional staff, is proficient with high-tech weaponry, and has the backing of an entire planet of dinosaurs. Her murky past should have been cleaned up to form a better background story, but what she has now is good enough. The ingredients are there. Whether or not it's worth it is up to them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey Shorts would it be okay if I added your move set for Krystal in the star fox character discussion thread? I need to fill up the OP with move sets. :^)
Sure, fine with me

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know how to read french, care to elabrate on what is being said?

Fansmash

Smash Cadet
It says it (sorry for the Translation): * 133158 http: // www.ssb4.com/t3464p1020-le-casting-offi ciel-discussions-annonces-rumeurs-episo de-3

" [...] on the reason which (to be more explicit) excludes Fox and Marth ( the same Ike) from the videos of the newcomers and as well as Pikachu and Pit (analogy with Bowser, Peach and Luigi) is also excluded by the other videos of the newcomers safe(sure) of their own license.

And today, Fire Emblem was put in the honor with the appearance of Captain Falcon. But always not of Fox in this new cinematics. (To avoid the confusion, I shall call back(remind) (call back(remind)) that I speak small movies as those of the messenger or the example: the movie makes for the opportunity(occasion) (opportunity(occasion)) of FE).

My observation said well: Pit, Pikachu, Fox, Marth or other one (analogy with Luigi, Peach, Bowser) = to exclude the small movies = because they have a newcomer. And for those who appear as intruders - to be the stars of their universe: (Mario - he is the star of Nintendo and the SSB), Link, Samus, Kirby, DK, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Sonic and Megaman = no newcomers.

For the moment, it would be abnormal to say that it is completely normal that he(it) (she)((it)) does not seem because his(her,its) (his)((its)) license had died. Because against argumentation: and F-zero, then? He too died and more Starfox. Besides, it is a little bit big that Fox is underestimated as regards (compared with) all the licenses(Bachelor's degrees) (the degrees of Bachelor) which(who) were all more or less put in honor of numerous manners and he(it) not ".

This guy is not wrong.

It is certainly a teasing for Krystal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom