• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Sakurai is really unpredictable. I mean: Wii Fit Trainer and all the other WTF characters. And we learned that he's a troll master (Nintendo Direct: Ridley, Pseudo-Palutena, Samus Zero)

But I seriously think that this time he really "listened" to the fans. Obviously the Fan-Favourite characters will be the last to be revealed (Mewtwo? Ridley?)

But I'm optimistic about a StarFox Themed Trailer.

True, but the fans asked for MegaMan, an Animal Crossing rep, and Little Mac, though I think giving Zero Suit Samus and Sheik their own character spots was a bit of a half a**ed way of giving their series more characters, and the Star Fox reveal is a very realistic thing

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
True, but the fans asked for MegaMan, an Animal Crossing rep, and Little Mac, though I think giving Zero Suit Samus and Sheik their own character spots was a bit of a half a**ed way of giving their series more characters, and the Star Fox reveal is a very realistic thing
ZSS and Sheik were already considered seperate characters, they just shared a slot.. They were separated for balancing purposes, and so that people who main Zelda/Sheik can have a down b, and so that people who main ZSS/Samus don't have to change after their final smash. For someone who mains ZSS and Zelda, this will really help me.

Edit: sorry this made me stray off the topic of Krystal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, how would you guys do a Krystal reveal trailer?
Sticking with this one from @TheRandomCities4

Fox is shown fighting someone, who is revealed to be Wolf. He requests for back-up. After a few more traded blows, Falco swoops in from his Arwing.

The scene changes to the inside of the Great Fox, where someone else is gearing up. It shows an arm grab for the staff.

The scene then cuts back to the fight, and eventually another Arwing swoops in...

"Slippy hops into the battle . . . "

Dramatic pause for a few seconds.

. . . as an assist trophy!"

Then, after the fight continues, while showing off the veterans, plus the Slippy assist trophy...

Another Arwing swoops in... and a figure lands on the ground...

"Krystal answers the distress signal!"

Then it would showcase her move sets, like the other newcomer trailers do.

All the while, there would be dialogue.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Sticking with this one from @TheRandomCities4
It's actually a pretty solid example. I could see something like that happening.

I can see the Slippy Assist Trophy something like this:

0:18

It would make lose control of your character xD

I'm quite low of Ideas, but seriously, if Slippy is actually an Assist Trophy, what would you think it would be like?

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
It's actually a pretty solid example. I could see something like that happening.

I can see the Slippy Assist Trophy something like this:

0:18

It would make lose control of your character xD

I'm quite low of Ideas, but seriously, if Slippy is actually an Assist Trophy, what would you think it would be like?
Perhaps Slippy's assist could be shooting a gatling gun and throwing grenades from Assault at
your opponents.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Slippy's an engineer. The sky's the limit. Since I haven't spent much time thinking about it, my idea for him is unfortunately uncreative and basic: he pops out of the case and fires missiles at the opposition with a Homing Launcher. After running out of ammo, he'll toss his socket wrench at a nearby enemy. If it connects, there's a 50/50 chance it will either cause extreme knockback or proc a 5 second stun. In both instances, it does damage.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Slippy's an engineer. The sky's the limit. Since I haven't spent much time thinking about it, my idea for him is unfortunately uncreative and basic: he pops out of the case and fires missiles at the opposition with a Homing Launcher. After running out of ammo, he'll toss his socket wrench at a nearby enemy. If it connects, there's a 50/50 chance it will either cause extreme knockback or proc a 5 second stun. In both instances, it does damage.
Or this, Slippy throws Grenades on the stage

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You hate Star Fox? Why? How? I'm not bonkers over it, but its a decent series.

WertQuadNine

Smash Journeyman
You hate Star Fox? Why? How? I'm not bonkers over it, but its a decent series.
I played Star Fox Adventures on the GameCube (only SF game I've played) and found my self hating it and put in Wand Waker within 40 minutes. I do want to try some other SF games though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I played Star Fox Adventures on the GameCube (only SF game I've played) and found my self hating it and put in Wand Waker within 40 minutes. I do want to try some other SF games though.
That's like saying you played Mario Kart and hate the Mario franchise.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I think I was like 7 when Star Fix Assault came out, and I would play the amazing multiplayer with my friends EVERYDAY. I'd always use Krystal, so id love to see her in smash bros. She's kind of like a little piece if my childhood lol.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
ZSS and Sheik were already considered seperate characters, they just shared a slot.. They were separated for balancing purposes, and so that people who main Zelda/Sheik can have a down b, and so that people who main ZSS/Samus don't have to change after their final smash. For someone who mains ZSS and Zelda, this will really help me.

Edit: sorry this made me stray off the topic of Krystal.
I think you're misunderstanding here.

What he means is separating them into own individual slots is half assed, which I agree with.

It doesn't matter if they are sepate to begin with since you're lazily adding more slots that can be taken by characters not even in the game yet.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

What he means is separating them into own individual slots is half *****, which I agree with.

It doesn't matter if they are sepate to begin with since you're lazily adding more slots that can be taken by characters not even in the game yet.
There's no set amount of slots so I'd say it's ok, but let's not get off topic. So if they were going to do a Star Fox reveal similar to Fire Emblem's on Monday, when would you expect it to be shown?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

What he means is separating them into own individual slots is half *****, which I agree with.

I hope you know that there is no set amount of slots... The misconception that characters take 'slots' is ridiculous. The character select screen doesn't decide who will be in the game. Sakurai doesn't sit and think 'I'd like to add this character, but I don't want to waste a slot!' No that's ridiculous.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I hope you know that there is no set amount of slots... The misconception that characters take 'slots' is ridiculous. The character select screen doesn't decide who will be in the game. Sakurai doesn't sit and think 'I'd like to add this character, but I don't want to waste a slot!' No that's ridiculous.
What's ridic is people think there is unlimited slots really. Sure there can be a lot of characters but that doesn't tell us whether Sheik or Zelda will cancel out a potential Zelda character because there's already (5) Zelda reps.

OT: Space Dog Fights. Dire situation. Only Kyrstal can do it with here special ability. Veteran Wolf is in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's no set amount of slots so I'd say it's ok, but let's not get off topic. So if they were going to do a Star Fox reveal similar to Fire Emblem's on Monday, when would you expect it to be shown?
Probably near the game's release in September or late August

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Probably near the game's release in September or late August
Yeah that could happen, but its Sakurai guys. You never know when or what he's going to reveal next. Hell he could even be thinking about who he wants to reveal next right now as he eats his sushi. XD

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Depends on what you mean by 'reveals'.

Obviously, new game features that aren't on the 3DS might make for interesting updates, but character-wise I frankly doubt it, since Sakurai seems to make a point of saying the roster will be the same on both versions.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
What's ridic is people think there is unlimited slots really. Sure there can be a lot of characters but that doesn't tell us whether Sheik or Zelda will cancel out a potential Zelda character because there's already (5) Zelda reps.

OT: Space Dog Fights. Dire situation. Only Kyrstal can do it with here special ability. Veteran Wolf is in.
Again, character slots in the select screen mean nothing. Sakurai already considered Zelda and Sheik separate in Brawl/Melee, so there were already 5 reps in the Zelda franchise. Having Sheik in a separate spot on the select screen wouldn't keep Sakurai from adding another Zelda rep. The only thing keeping him from that is if he decides he doesn't want to.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Another idea for a Krystal reveal:

On a landscape of some sort, (or in the Great Fox,) Fox is shown sparring Falco. The two throw playful, but competitive remarks at each other during the sparring. After they're done, it cuts to gameplay of Fox and Falco in an actual match.

In the midst of the dialogue, we hear a familiar voice which chants, "Playtime's over, Star Fox." Wolf jumps into the fight and begins to face both of them. When Wolf realizes he is outnumbered, he calls in his new Final Smash, "Star Wolf." This Final Smash summons a Wolfen strike from the members of Star Wolf. We see the FS used in the game and then we approach a CGI cutscene which shows the fight between the 3 characters and the Wolfen Assault on a new landscape. Soon, 2 Arwings appear from the sky, followed by the Great Fox. It's Krystal and Slippy, who've come to give Fox and Falco aid against the Wolfen. In the midst of the battle, Slippy is being chased by Panther. While Krystal flies to save him, Leon hits Krystal's arwing and causes her to lose control and crash. All of this causes Fox and Falco to be distracted and Wolf attacks both of them in quick succession. As the 2 lie there in pain, Wolf stands over them and smiles, mocking them. Out of no where, a blast strikes Wolf and launches him from the 2 injured fighters. Panther and Leon flee to assist Wolf and from a distance look into the direction from where the blast came from: The wrecked Arwing.

Everyone looks over to the wrecked Arwing and soon, a shadow ejects from the flames. In a graceful landing, the camera pans out to show Krystal holding her staff, with a Gatling gun on her back. She simply flips her hair and says, "That's no way to treat a lady!"

She then flips her staff around and strikes a fighting pose. As she strikes it, the newcomer paint is shown with caption, "Krystal flies into the fight!"

Fox, Falco and Krystal all stand next to each other and jump towards the screen. We then get a showcase of Krystal's moves.

At the end, we see Slippy from the cockpit of his Arwing looking on the 3 of them. He then says to Peppy, "I guess we don't have what it takes, right Old Guy?" Peppy agrees, but Slippy then says, "Wait....I have an idea!!" Then we get a brief showing of Slippy as an Assist Trophy.

Might be extremely flawed in spots, but that's what I came up with :p Let me know what you think!!

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Another idea for a Krystal reveal:

On a landscape of some sort, (or in the Great Fox,) Fox is shown sparring Falco. The two throw playful, but competitive remarks at each other during the sparring. After they're done, it cuts to gameplay of Fox and Falco in an actual match.

In the midst of the dialogue, we hear a familiar voice which chants, "Playtime's over, Star Fox." Wolf jumps into the fight and begins to face both of them. When Wolf realizes he is outnumbered, he calls in his new Final Smash, "Star Wolf." This Final Smash summons a Wolfen strike from the members of Star Wolf. We see the FS used in the game and then we approach a CGI cutscene which shows the fight between the 3 characters and the Wolfen Assault on a new landscape. Soon, 2 Arwings appear from the sky, followed by the Great Fox. It's Krystal and Slippy, who've come to give Fox and Falco aid against the Wolfen. In the midst of the battle, Slippy is being chased by Panther. While Krystal flies to save him, Leon hits Krystal's arwing and causes her to lose control and crash. All of this causes Fox and Falco to be distracted and Wolf attacks both of them in quick succession. As the 2 lie there in pain, Wolf stands over them and smiles, mocking them. Out of no where, a blast strikes Wolf and launches him from the 2 injured fighters. Panther and Leon flee to assist Wolf and from a distance look into the direction from where the blast came from: The wrecked Arwing.

Everyone looks over to the wrecked Arwing and soon, a shadow ejects from the flames. In a graceful landing, the camera pans out to show Krystal holding her staff, with a Gatling gun on her back. She simply flips her hair and says, "That's no way to treat a lady!"

She then flips her staff around and strikes a fighting pose. As she strikes it, the newcomer paint is shown with caption, "Krystal flies into the fight!"

Fox, Falco and Krystal all stand next to each other and jump towards the screen. We then get a showcase of Krystal's moves.

At the end, we see Slippy from the cockpit of his Arwing looking on the 3 of them. He then says to Peppy, "I guess we don't have what it takes, right Old Guy?" Peppy agrees, but Slippy then says, "Wait....I have an idea!!" Then we get a brief showing of Slippy as an Assist Trophy.

Might be extremely flawed in spots, but that's what I came up with :p Let me know what you think!!
Nice idea my friend. Yes you are right about it being flawed in some spots, but with a little tweaking they can be fixed. Who knows this might be exactly how Krystal is revealed, but we all know how Sakurai is so will have to wait and see what happens.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Smash bros fighters in previous trailers usually don't talk (amirite? I"m deaf and I only saw Chrom talking but I think it was just him pretending to talk) so I think we won't be able to hear to what Star Fox team will say anything in trailer.

We need to have a fighter from another series too.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Smash bros fighters in previous trailers usually don't talk (amirite? I"m deaf and I only saw Chrom talking but I think it was just him pretending to talk) so I think we won't be able to hear to what Star Fox team will say anything in trailer.

........... Wel.....I......... I'm going to sleep.

D

Deleted member

~Wowsers~
Seems cool, I would get General Pepper chiming in & say "Good luck!" (Y'know, the quote from SNES Star Fox)

Close thing I can think of is Meta Knight (In reference to the Halberd vs. Great Fox in Subspace Emissary but I've already said it soo....)

There is also ROB I guess but I don't see it that way (I see Wario & Jigglypuff in a Rhythm Heaven newcomer trailer & Ness is out of the question)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Again, character slots in the select screen mean nothing. Sakurai already considered Zelda and Sheik separate in Brawl/Melee, so there were already 5 reps in the Zelda franchise. Having Sheik in a separate spot on the select screen wouldn't keep Sakurai from adding another Zelda rep. The only thing keeping him from that is if he decides he doesn't want to.
You say "again" a lot but that doesn't answer any question.

It doesn't matter if they're considered separate characters, I already acknowledged that. What matters is too many of the same franchises taking over the screen. Or are you saying we're getting 70+ characters?

Incidentally, Zelda is a big franchise so it works out fine. But I don't believe you would like it if FZero reps came out the wazoo. Ignoring the "Falcon is God" mindset, I don't think many people care about any FZero characters aside from Falcon himself.

The same can be said for the Pikmin series, the Kid Icarus Series, and the Metroid series.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
You say "again" a lot but that doesn't answer any question.

It doesn't matter if they're considered separate characters, I already acknowledged that. What matters is too many of the same franchises taking over the screen. Or are you saying we're getting 70+ characters?

Incidentally, Zelda is a big franchise so it works out fine. But I don't believe you would like it if FZero reps came out the wazoo. Ignoring the "Falcon is God" mindset, I don't think many people care about any FZero characters aside from Falcon himself.

The same can be said for the Pikmin series, the Kid Icarus Series, and the Metroid series.
I say again a lot because I'm having to repeat myself. We will most definitely not have 70+ characters, but what I'm saying is that Zelda had five characters last time and it has 5 characters again (assuming Ganons back), and it doesn't matter that they take up more of the character screen, there is no reason that that would matter other than some people having OCD about too many characters from one series being on the screen. Anyway, this is the wrong place to discuss this anyway so let's drop it.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I say again a lot because I'm having to repeat myself. We will most definitely not have 70+ characters, but what I'm saying is that Zelda had five characters last time and it has 5 characters again (assuming Ganons back), and it doesn't matter that they take up more of the character screen, there is no reason that that would matter other than some people having OCD about too many characters from one series being on the screen. Anyway, this is the wrong place to discuss this anyway so let's drop it.
If you wanted to drop it so bad, you shouldn't have responded with a counter argument. Let's just say there's more than one side to an argument like this and just because you're on one side doesn't mean you should refuse the view point of others.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
If you wanted to drop it so bad, you shouldn't have responded with a counter argument. Let's just say there's more than one side to an argument like this and just because you're on one side doesn't mean you should refuse the view point of others.
I know your view point, I thought the same way about 'slots' when I was first predicting things about smash 4. Then I discovered (with the help of others, I know I am not 'all-knowing') that theories about characters taking slots away from other characters is a misconception created by fans of the smash series.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
They could announce Falco, wolf, and Krystal in the same trailer like they did with captain falcon and 2 new Fire emblem. Introducing veterans and then a new character. Krystal being in the game makes too much sense in my head...obviously some people are against her (Sigh) but I'm sure the reason is not because its a bad idea...Clear your mind for a second and forget about the furry's..forget about how your opinion of star fox adventures is...(Cough **** You Jon Tron Lol JK He makes decent vids.) and just think.....Ya think about it? A female character with the possibility of a unique move set? If thats not welcomed to smash bros I don't know what is. Sakurai wouldn't dare make another clone for the star fox series. (Just would be a little stupid..unless they made krystal like Lucina or something of that sort....hopefully unlikely..but at the end of the day....are you a developer of this game? Nope, we can't confirm jack squat. Only hope and promote. For all we know maybe there are secret characters just like the old smash games. I just can't stand to see so much hate on Krystal. :/ All I hear is she has a bad fan base! Bad Fan Base!! Is that your reason? Why is she hated is what I wanted to know? I see all this hatred and love for this character yet while the people who love her just want to enjoy the thought of Krystal in the game always gotta be someone who disagrees which is fine. I just want a legit reason why you so much despise this character..and I don't want to hear she ruined the series because that makes no sense...a character that as you claim had a small role in the game adventures couldn't possibly make such a huge impact on the series could she?? I agree with most people on this forum but there are some things I will not accept. This is all my opinion but I still feel people will try to make a counter argument..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just can't stand to see so much hate on Krystal. :/ All I hear is she has a bad fan base! Bad Fan Base!! Is that your reason? Why is she hated is what I wanted to know? I see all this hatred and love for this character yet while the people who love her just want to enjoy the thought of Krystal in the game always gotta be someone who disagrees which is fine. I just want a legit reason why you so much despise this character..and I don't want to hear she ruined the series because that makes no sense...a character that as you claim had a small role in the game adventures couldn't possibly make such a huge impact on the series could she??
inb4 "Look at how much fan art she has!!" (Then again, what video game heroine doesn't get that treatment?)

And also "Not important to the franchise"

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I cringe anytime people say Krystal is not important and does nothing. If Adventures was her only game, then I would whole-heartedly agree. However, she has been in 2 more games in which she has had a much larger role. She has a personality, she fights with you and gives direction. Combine that with the fact that she is the Main Character's love interest and you see how important she truly is. She also has the most potential to be extremely fleshed out out of any of the characters, but that's a different topic.

And Krystal never ruined the franchise, because that's an impossible feat for a character. The only thing ruining the franchise are the nostalgia-blinded fans who refuse to allow change to a franchise that could thrive from it.

D

Deleted member

So since it looks like SSB for 3DS (And maybe Wii U) will recieve an E10+ rating, I guess its safe to assume that her Adventures outfit is out of the question (Unless they modified it to make it look better): http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/zC34HnrON-_wV0ZUkSfQFC6ub3Ea8DQ6

Her Command outfit might be her default costume (That is if she is confirmed as newcomer)

But we all know how ugly it is so have it my way! A blend of her looks from Assault & outfit from Command!

EDIT

We're almost at 3000 posts in this thread! Woo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So with every part of the Gematsu leak in question beyond the first, it means (among other things) that character DLC isn't a sure thing. That...might mean Krystal's chances just took a hit, considering her chance of making the initial roster is pretty damn unlikely and she'd have a much higher chance of being a DLC character if she plays in important role in the new Star Fox game.

I dunno. Thoughts?

And hello, 3K.

Last edited:
Top Bottom