• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I SWEAR TO GOD. If we get Rayman... Damn. I was really disappointed when we got Pac-Man, but now I kinda like it, all the third party characters look really good in the game actually. But Rayman, hell no, it's too much.

I just hope Mr. Sakurai is Trolling us..

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I SWEAR TO GOD. If we get Rayman... Damn. I was really disappointed when we got Pac-Man, but now I kinda like it, all the third party characters look really good in the game actually. But Rayman, hell no, it's too much.

I just hope Mr. Sakurai is Trolling us..
Now now, Rayman is a trophy so he can't be playable.

This is what you should fear.

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hope for it, I think todays reveal will be Shulk. I do still have confidence that she will be in the game.
I can't be the only one that thinks that there are too many sword characters. If shulk, isaac, and chrom get in.. Who knows, but shulk might have an interesting moveset, so it will be ok for me if he is revealed today (I'd prefer Krystal though). With some returning vets of course.

EDITED: Pretty happy with the revealed characters though, it could have been worse.

And here's a pic that we need to talk about

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, there's an incredible lack of Star Fox content, and today is the third anniversary of Star Fox 64:3D, so there's a pretty good chance, it is Krystal, we also could get a few assist trophies, and a Star Fox stage of some kind

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Maybe it's a hint to the next newcomer trailer, being about Star Fox?

Sakurai said "we're nearing the bottom of the stash of newcomer videos we've made". This could mean anything, though. We have 10 newcomer videos, if I'm not mistaken. That could mean like 6 videos left, or something. It could mean that we're finally getting into the newcomer trailers regarding most of these franchises.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Guys, there's an incredible lack of Star Fox content, and today is the third anniversary of Star Fox 64:3D, so there's a pretty good chance, it is Krystal, we also could get a few assist trophies, and a Star Fox stage of some kind
its highly unlikely its krystal. its more likely to be a stage hazard... its been in last 3 smash bros games or so.

Luminario

Smash Lord
I can't be the only one that thinks that there are too many sword characters. If shulk, isaac, and chrom get in.. Who knows, but shulk might have an interesting moveset, so it will be ok for me if he is revealed today (I'd prefer Krystal though). With some returning vets of course.

EDITED: Pretty happy with the revealed characters though, it could have been worse.

And here's a pic that we need to talk about

Guys this is obviously the intro part when all the characters arrive to the stage. That's probably Fox
btw the reveal of Robin and Lucina is pretty good for Krystal. we now technically have 4 characters for Fire Emblem, one of which appears to be a direct clone of Marth or even possibly an alt skin. If FE can get 4(ish) characters then I don't see how StarFox can't. Plus we certainly need a non-clone space animal which is what Krystal could do perfectly.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
The official Smash website counts Lucina as her own character. It would have detailed her as an alt, because it detailed that Robin's alternative was the female counterpart. We have 4 Fire Emblem characters.

It's becoming a safe bet that they're reserving Star Fox for something special. That's probably why we have next to no content for Star Fox, currently, as well.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, I'm thinking it could help Krystal's chances because Starfox wise, who do we have but Fox ?

If they were to make a trailer for Krystal, they could also include Falco and Wolf in, you know ?

(of course I know I'm dreaming but it seems they really go for female representation this time so why not ? WFT, Girl Villager, Girl Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Rosalina...)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
The official Smash website counts Lucina as her own character. It would have detailed her as an alt, because it detailed that Robin's alternative was the female counterpart. We have 4 Fire Emblem characters.

It's becoming a safe bet that they're reserving Star Fox for something special. That's probably why we have next to no content for Star Fox, currently, as well.

So that's a good sign for Krystal, is it not?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well, I for one am counting that Arwing as a tease, so I'm almost believing that Krystal's in. I'm not going to jump the gun until we know one way or another.

That picture doesn't look like an intro-to-the-stage thing to me. It looks like a trophy set up. What stage is that? It looks like the 2D bottom section of the Pilot Wings stage.

Hmmm...

Captain Falcon and the Star Fox members are considered pilots...

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Heck, if that picture is a trophy set-up, then it would be the only trophy set-up picture within all of the characters revealed thus far. Everyone else has in-battle pictures. If this is the case, it almost makes it seem like it is a tease, on purpose.

If it is a trophy set-up, they included the Arwing into the picture. It could not be arbitrary, because they control the trophy placement.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I'm willing to bet the next Newcomer trailer will be StarFox based. Krystal's chances are still alive, I can't believe it.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
So, how do you think Krystal's reveal trailer will go
Fox is shown fighting someone, who is revealed to be Wolf. He requests for back-up. After a few more traded blows, Falco swoops in from his Arwing.

The scene changes to the inside of the Great Fox, where someone else is gearing up. It shows an arm grab for the staff.

The scene then cuts back to the fight, and eventually another Arwing swoops in...

"Slippy hops into the battle . . . "

Dramatic pause for a few seconds.

. . . as an assist trophy!"

Then, after the fight continues, while showing off the veterans, plus the Slippy assist trophy...

Another Arwing swoops in... and a figure lands on the ground...

"Krystal answers the distress signal!"

Then it would showcase her move sets, like the other newcomer trailers do.

All the while, there would be dialogue.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Do y'all mind if I join the support for Krystal? Lol.

There hasn't been really any other StarFox content announced in the game since the game itself was announced. I'm willing to bet Falco is in the game while Krystal replaces Wolf.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Yea I agree with @ TheRandomCities4 TheRandomCities4

Like they revealed Falcon today, it would be cool if they do have a newcomer trailer for Krystal, Falco and Wolf get announced alongside the reveal.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Well todays character reveals were quite the shocker weren't they? Even though Krystal wasn't revealed today its good to see Captain Falcon back. Speaking of which I can't tell if todays reveal really affects Krystal getting in, or not because Fire Emblem took center stage not StarFox.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Well todays character reveals were quite the shocker weren't they? Even though Krystal wasn't revealed today its good to see Captain Falcon back. Speaking of which I can't tell if todays reveal really affects Krystal getting in, or not because Fire Emblem took center stage not StarFox.
Right, but there's the fact that Fire Emblem received two newcomers (the first franchise to do so, in this game I believe), and it has three males and one female (well, with the potential, because of Robin, to have two females as well).

Also, there's this picture:

Which I speculated to be a trophy set-up on the 2D bottom section of the Wii U Pilot Wings stage. If this is a trophy set-up, it would be the first, I believe, for all of the characters on the Smash website. All other pictures are more obviously during battle, for all of the characters.

Also, if this is a trophy set-up, the people who took this picture had full control of the trophy placement. It makes me believe it was on purpose, which could be teasing us.

I don't think it could simply refer to the stage hazard Arwing that has appeared in every Smash so far, because we don't even have a stage for Star Fox yet. Therefore, we don't even know if the Arwing stage hazard will be back.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Right, but there's the fact that Fire Emblem received two newcomers (the first franchise to do so, in this game I believe), and it has three males and one female (well, with the potential, because of Robin, to have two females as well).

Which I speculated to be a trophy set-up on the 2D bottom section of the Wii U Pilot Wings stage. If this is a trophy set-up, it would be the first, I believe, for all of the characters on the Smash website. All other pictures are more obviously during battle, for all of the characters.

Also, if this is a trophy set-up, the people who took this picture had full control of the trophy placement. It makes me believe it was on purpose, which could be teasing us.

I don't think it could simply refer to the stage hazard Arwing that has appeared in every Smash so far, because we don't even have a stage for Star Fox yet. Therefore, we don't even know if the Arwing stage hazard will be back.
Could it be possible that... I dunno the Arwing is actually an assist trophy? I'm literally taking a shot in the dark at it but it could be possible right?

That said I hope it isn't and it is indeed a hint at some Starfox content coming soon. Oh I hope Krystal is in as a fighter. If FE can have this much representation so can Starfox.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Guys no.

That image is definitely the character intros before the fight begins.

Falcon gets out his Blue Falcon, Fox/Falco hop out of their Arwing.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203

Agreed & yes that picture is quite interesting indeed. Here's to hoping that Sakurai is doing something special for StarFox.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Fox is shown fighting someone, who is revealed to be Wolf. He requests for back-up. After a few more traded blows, Falco swoops in from his Arwing.

The scene changes to the inside of the Great Fox, where someone else is gearing up. It shows an arm grab for the staff.

The scene then cuts back to the fight, and eventually another Arwing swoops in...

"Slippy hops into the battle . . . "

Dramatic pause for a few seconds.

. . . as an assist trophy!"

Then, after the fight continues, while showing off the veterans, plus the Slippy assist trophy...

Another Arwing swoops in... and a figure lands on the ground...

"Krystal answers the distress signal!"

Then it would showcase her move sets, like the other newcomer trailers do.

All the while, there would be dialogue.

So what do you think, some of Krystal's lines could be?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Guys no.

That image is definitely the character intros before the fight begins.

Falcon gets out his Blue Falcon, Fox/Falco hop out of their Arwing.
What stage is it, then? It really looks like the 2D ground from the Pilot Wings stage. We all know that they fight on the planes in that stage. They could be final smash trophies, or something else. After all, some people have seen like 4 or 5 different Wii Fit Trainer trophies. Perhaps that's one of the Captain Falcon trophies?

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yes, it does look like a trophy set-up. The placement is something rather unusual, plus it is on the land part of the Pilotwing stage, which, unless I'm remembering incorrectly, isn't a place where you fight.

Add to this the lack of Starfox representation, Fire Emblem getting 4 characters, one of which apparently a clone (Lucina), and you have a situation reminiscent of Starfox (except Falco's the clone, not Krystal).

And if Krystal isn't in this iteration, she should be in the next one. I can't see her fanbase dying all of a sudden. Wasn't she a very requested character pre-brawl too ? She has all the tools to be playable : charismatic, unique, interesting, fanbase, popular, appealing, female, fighting with a staff with elemental powers, etc...

Admittedly, other characters fit this description, but the lack of Starfox content and the possibility of multiple reveals in a trailer augments her chances. I can already see a Starfox-centric trailer with Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal. Heck, you could even throw Slippy and Peppy in airwings if you wanted to have cameos...

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
What stage is it, then? It really looks like the 2D ground from the Pilot Wings stage. We all know that they fight on the planes in that stage. They could be final smash trophies, or something else. After all, some people have seen like 4 or 5 Wii Fit Trainer trophies. Perhaps that's one of the Captain Falcon trophies?
That's a possibility as well. Unless they start off on the runway track as the match starts in the final version of the game.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
What stage is it, then? It really looks like the 2D ground from the Pilot Wings stage. We all know that they fight on the planes in that stage. They could be final smash trophies, or something else. After all, some people have seen like 4 or 5 Wii Fit Trainer trophies. Perhaps that's one of the Captain Falcon trophies?
Not sure which stage this is but doesn't captain Falcon's right hand look a little bit too blurred to be a trophy? But still I don't think this is just by chance that it's there

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Final Smash, I liked the Idea of a Dino Stampede.

As for her entry, I can't see it be any different than the other Starfox characters.

I'd like her : "You are not ready yet" taunt, a line she speaks from Assault if memory serves me right.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Her Final Smash can be a power weapon from Assault, like the Demon Launcher. She'd shoot multiple shots in the air and they'd come down across the stage

Top Bottom