• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
Double Post
I guess we just have different opinions then. And I honestly hope yours is right, I want to see Krystal in smash. I just really doubt it at this point.
Nothing wrong with different opinions ;) and with Sakurai who knows what he will do next

Hey it's the sage of ice!

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well I'll agree with you in how she was planned, but now they would have had to have thought Fire Emblem deserved to have another character is she was moved up. They could've easily tossed the idea for more roster space, but they thought Fire Emblem could have a 4th rep.

Also, LOOK AT HOW LIVE THIS THREAD IS NOW.
You talk about roster space like it's a commodity. It's not like they have a certain amount, that is being used up. If they already had the model and all her animations in, it wouldn't take much work at all to give her her own slot. It wasn't a question of does FE deserve another slot, it was a question of do we throw out all this work now that she's too different, or just suck it up and give her a slot?

(and your welcome for the activity, detractors create that :p)

Nothing wrong with different opinions ;) and with Sakurai who knows what he will do next
Now this I can agree with. If somebody truly understood Sakurai's inner machinations, I'd have them admitted to an asylum :p

Hey it's the sage of ice!
be...because your finger slipped?

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why we're discussing Sells, Popularity of the Game and all that kind of stuff. Yeah, it may sound logical, but you know. We got R.O.B. a really poor selling "toy" to booster the snes sells in the USA.

I don't think sakurai and their team are looking to all this kind of (pardon me) stupid details. They're looking to make the most enjoyable game for everyone, including characters that we all love and have potential as fighters. And that's why we love Sakurai (He's a troll, but you know.. Sakurai can make our dreams true xD)

Also because of this:

I'LL DEFINETELY MAKE A SAKURAI MII FIGHTER

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow, the only time this thread was alive before was when detractors got active.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
You talk about roster space like it's a commodity. It's not like they have a certain amount, that is being used up. If they already had the model and all her animations in, it wouldn't take much work at all to give her her own slot. It wasn't a question of does FE deserve another slot, it was a question of do we throw out all this work now that she's too different, or just suck it up and give her a slot?

Now this I can agree with. If somebody truly understood Sakurai's inner machinations, I'd have them admitted to an asylum :p

Ok enough of this. More important things to discuss.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337

In a way, I do value the roster as a commodity, because I believe for it to technically be one.

I'd explain, but I've grown weary on crashing opinions with you. We're on a support thread, so shouldn't we be supporting? I should also thank you for the activity :p

BTW, the new Star Fox has been confirmed as a new entry, not a reboot.

Last edited:

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
Like whether or not the new Star Fox game is going to be a reboot (That so many people are clamoring for but I doubt will happen)
I'll be deeply disappointed if we get a simple arcade game without story or anything like that... What we saw at E3 was only a tech demo, but.. I don't know.

Remember when Star Fox had fully orchestrated Soundtracks?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
In a way, I do value the roster as a commodity, because I believe for it to technically be one.

I'd explain, but I've grown weary on crashing opinions with you. We're on a support thread, so shouldn't we be supporting? I should also thank you for the activity :p

But the point of the argument hinged on whether it was a commodity for the dev team. I view the roster space as a commodity for me too, each spot matters a lot to me.

And this is a support thread, but it's also the place for all official Krystal discussion, so detracting is allowed as long as it's peaceful, sane, and with no mean intent.

Also I'm technically not a detractor since I support Krystal xD

D

Deleted member

Wait what, where?!?

I'll be deeply disappointed if we get a simple arcade game without story or anything like that... What we saw at E3 was only a tech demo, but.. I don't know.

Remember when Star Fox had fully orchestrated Soundtracks?
Yep. I definitely preferred Assault's score over 64 & 64 3D, Adventures is my 2nd favorite music score.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Wait what, where?!?

Yep. I definitely preferred Assault's score over 64 & 64 3D, Adventures is my 2nd favorite music score.
I thought it was implied? He referenced the older games when asked about the new entry and the concept for the game was around during the Wii era. I shouldn't of said confirmed, but more of, "it pretty much is."

D

Deleted member

I thought it was implied? He referenced the older games when asked about the new entry and the concept for the game was around during the Wii era. I shouldn't of said confirmed, but more of, "it pretty much is."
Well it was also said that the story is going to take the back seat (As mentioned in many pages back) as in, not being the focus which I imagine a reboot would need to have the story at priority 1.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I honestly don't have a problem with any of that. Lucina is a glorified alt costume, so I don't know why people count her when discussing series' reps. Sakurai literally said himself that she got lucky.

also, be careful about double posting, mods hate that. You can edit into a previous post instead.

Also I have to highlight all of your text to read it, that dark purple is terrible for reading
How do I do that, the editing into posts?, and I chose the dark purple to match up with my profile logo

Well it was also said that the story is going to take the back seat (As mentioned in many pages back) as in, not being the focus which I imagine a reboot would need to have the story at priority 1.
Could Miyamoto just be bluffing?

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
one thing that people seem to forget is that Miyamoto stated that he was only working on "smaller games" that seems to indicate to me a much more arcady game like 64 and not a more story driven one like assault is in the works for us. and quite frankly I dont mind it (its the franchises roots after all) just as long as Miyamoto dosent decide to just toss out every thins post 64, I wana see characters like Krystal, Dash and fay become much more integrated into the Star fox universe.

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Metroid has >17mil copies sold
StarFox has 11.5 Mil sold

Metroid had a new game in 2010

StarFox had a new game in 2006

Metroid has had 11 major games

StarFox has had 6, and only 4 if you don't count remakes.

StarFox has 3 reps, you want a fourth.

Metroid has Samus. Twice.

Please stop talking about which franchises deserve reps without doing research.
Isn't Metroid about a sole bounty hunter who goes traveling through space fighting these evil creatures?

Outside of Samus & Ridley, who rightfully deserves to stand up to represent the Metroid series? Sylux would be the only other possibility but digging deep

Didn't Metroid also go 8 years before getting brought back to life with the Prime series?

You're digging deep with Metroid scenario, that's one franchise much like Pikmin where it would be hard to bring characters into Smash without multiple variations of the same person. I mean it can be done, but I'll agree that isn't the type of argument that warrants Krystal's addition.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Let's not argue.

We all want more characters for Smash, no matter who they may be.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
one thing that people seem to forget is that Miyamoto stated that he was only working on "smaller games" that seems to indicate to me a much more arcady game like 64 and not a more story driven one like assault is in the works for us. and quite frankly I dont mind it (its the franchises roots after all) just as long as Miyamoto dosent decide to just toss out every thins post 64, I wana see characters like Krystal, Dash and fay become much more integrated into the Star fox universe.
Well Miyamoto did say that he wants a third party developer or some other developer to help developing the game, so !maybe have Platinum Games work on the plot and Miyamoto works on the Gameplay

Weavel

Smash Ace
So I was looking at the new star fox stage and the great fox's model is directly from star fox's assaults design, I just thought I would point that out.

Even sakurai says this himself.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How do I do that, the editing into posts?, and I chose the dark purple to match up with my profile logo

There's a little edit button near the bottom of all of your own posts, it lets you change stuff.

If you want to reply to a second person, but there are no other posts yet, you can click the reply button to get the quote, cut it, hit edit, and paste it into your old post. And the new color is much more readable (or if you haven't changed colors, my home monitor has better lighting than my work monitor lol)

Isn't Metroid about a sole bounty hunter who goes traveling through space fighting these evil creatures?

Outside of Samus & Ridley, who rightfully deserves to stand up to represent the Metroid series? Sylux would be the only other possibility but digging deep

Didn't Metroid also go 8 years before getting brought back to life with the Prime series?

You're digging deep with Metroid scenario, that's one franchise much like Pikmin where it would be hard to bring characters into Smash without multiple variations of the same person. I mean it can be done, but I'll agree that isn't the type of argument that warrants Krystal's addition.
I would be happy with Metroid if they only added Ridley. I agree, there aren't that many viable candidates from the Metroid verse. I mean, they could go Dark Samus, who is unique. But Ridley is the reoccurring Metroid villain.

Weavel

Smash Ace
There's a little edit button near the bottom of all of your own posts, it lets you change stuff.

If you want to reply to a second person, but there are no other posts yet, you can click the reply button to get the quote, cut it, hit edit, and paste it into your old post. And the new color is much more readable (or if you haven't changed colors, my home monitor has better lighting than my work monitor lol)

I would be happy with Metroid if they only added Ridley. I agree, there aren't that many viable candidates from the Metroid verse. I mean, they could go Dark Samus, who is unique. But Ridley is the reoccurring Metroid villain.
I wouldn't say Dark samus is that unique, I know this isn't the forum for it though but I always thought one of the prime hunters from metroid prime hunters would be a good pick for unique gameplay. Take my avatar for example or look at the others. We even got a sniper that could play like radec from playstation all stars.

Edit: one of the developers even talked about expanding the metroid universe and brought up prime hunters as an example with other playable hunters ect.

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wouldn't say Dark samus is that unique, I know this isn't the forum for it though but I always thought one of the prime hunters from metroid prime hunters would be a good pick for unique gameplay. Take my avatar for example or look at the others. We even got a sniper that could play like radec from playstation all stars.

Edit: one of the developers even talked about expanding the metroid universe and brought up prime hunters as an example with other playable hunters ect.
This is gonna get way off topic lol. I agree that the hunters are unique and awesome, but Dark Samus is definitely unique. Dark Samus is the Metroid Prime. it doesn't have any of Samus's items (morph ball, screw attack, power beam, missiles), and instead teleports, blasts with phaazon, and uses tendrils/claws to attack. very different characters. Plus, being a reoccurring villain in 3 games, Dark Samus has appeared more than most other Metroid characters, and is more recent than most others as well.

BACK TO KRYSTAL GUIS

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Krystal will be included in Starfox for the Wii U. She's an awesome character that people care about, otherwise everyone would be asking Miyamoto "Where's Krystal?"

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion

If you want to reply to a second person, but there are no other posts yet, you can click the reply button to get the quote, cut it, hit edit, and paste it into your old post. And the new color is much more readable (or if you haven't changed colors, my home monitor has better lighting than my work monitor lol) .
How do I get rid of the double posts, since I did that?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Source?

Krystal will be included in Starfox for the Wii U. She's an awesome character that people care about, otherwise everyone would be asking Miyamoto "Where's Krystal?"
If she's in the next game she needs a purpose. What I mean by that is a side mission similar to what they did with Bill or Katt in Star Fox where you help her on a mission. Possibly have the mission dinosaur related or what here original goal was which is to find the truth about her parents' death. I don't remember if that was solved in Adventures or not but her goal was thrown out the window after that game, the one thing imo that was going to make her an interesting character.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Guys, I thought of an idea for SF:Wii U, Miyamoto works on the gameplay and either Retro or Platinum work on the storyline, that way we can have both a deep story and great gameplay

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If she's in the next game she needs a purpose. What I mean by that is a side mission similar to what they did with Bill or Katt in Star Fox where you help her on a mission. Possibly have the mission dinosaur related or what here original goal was which is to find the truth about her parents' death. I don't remember if that was solved in Adventures or not but her goal was thrown out the window after that game, the one thing imo that was going to make her an interesting character.
Krystal interrupted a briefing in Assault for an emergency on Sauria. Fox helped her because they had mutual friends down there. They literally did the ground mission together. Doesn't that count? Even if it doesn't, Krystal has plenty of purpose as a team member of Star Fox, which is more than can be said for Bill or Katt.

Last edited:

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
Well Miyamoto did say that he wants a third party developer or some other developer to help developing the game, so !maybe have Platinum Games work on the plot and Miyamoto works on the Gameplay
at the moments thats just as likely as any thing else, I hope this is the case by the way but we wont know un till we actually got solid info on the game itself, here's to hoping an August direct will give us a reveal trailer.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
at the moments thats just as likely as any thing else, I hope this is the case by the way but we wont know un till we actually got solid info on the game itself, here's to hoping an August direct will give us a reveal trailer.
I was thinking E3 2015, since August is too early and two months aren't enough for a game that was in very early alpha like the Wii U Star Fox game was at E3

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Krystal interrupted a briefing in Assault for an emergency on Sauria. Fox helped her because they had mutual friends down there. They literally did the ground mission together. Doesn't that count? Even if it doesn't, Krystal has plenty of purpose as a team member of Star Fox, which is more than can be said for Bill or Katt.
Well yeah of course it counts she's Fox's love interest and their friends were being attacked. Krystal's needs will come first for Fox. And since the next game is going to be more episode like, an episode or chapter could be about Fox helping Krystal out about her parents. She was traveling the lylat system (on a dinosaur? she can breathe in space?) and picked up a signal with her powers which lead her to Dinosaur Planet. She and Fox could go to planets looking for answers and maybe make use of her abilities.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well yeah of course it counts she's Fox's love interest and their friends were being attacked. Krystal's needs will come first for Fox. And since the next game is going to be more episode like, an episode or chapter could be about Fox helping Krystal out about her parents. She was traveling the lylat system (on a dinosaur? she can breathe in space?) and picked up a signal with her powers which lead her to Dinosaur Planet. She and Fox could go to planets looking for answers and maybe make use of her abilities.
Tbh, I'm also interested in seeing her past explained in gameplay and story myself. I think she could only benefit as a character in having some of this stuff cleared up.

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
I've always thought that she got to Sauria by the ship that she is seen flying up to the great fox at the end of adventures

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Tbh, I'm also interested in seeing her past explained in gameplay and story myself. I think she could only benefit as a character in having some of this stuff cleared up.
That's a great idea, maybe then will all those Krystal bashers and 64 loyalists actually respect her as a character, and not as either a love interest, a furry magnet, or as useless damsel in distress

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've always thought that she got to Sauria by the ship that she is seen flying up to the great fox at the end of adventures
I don't remember that either. I need to go play that game again and assault as soon as my memory card comes in the mail. Adventures was an enjoyable Zelda clone. Though I wish the Arwing parts were longer. If the devs were going to make such little effort on the rail shooting segments they might as well have been cut scenes. :l

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Seriously though the Star Fox game being divided up into chapters or episodes makes sense because, Miyamoto said it'd be like a weekly television show, but what I don't get is if Miyamoto said that, then why would Star Fox Wii U have a simplistic plot? I really don't get Miyamoto sometimes

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Seriously though the Star Fox game being divided up into chapters or episodes makes sense because, Miyamoto said it'd be like a weekly television show, but what I don't get is if Miyamoto said that, then why would Star Fox Wii U have a simplistic plot? I really don't get Miyamoto sometimes
I guess more like Thunderbirds? From what Miyamoto explained so far wih the new game it sounds like it's taking a new route from what the game was usually like, especially if he merges that giant robot and camera project from E3. I think it's safe to say that Arwing gameplay will return going by the blurry gameplay and what he mention about using vehicles.

That's a great idea, maybe then will all those Krystal bashers and 64 loyalists actually respect her as a character, and not as either a love interest, a furry magnet, or as useless damsel in distress
I can agree with this and I'm was never a fan of her. Back in the early days of this thread I really hated her but then you realize she's not going anywhere, and I started to think what makes this character interesting to me. As I see it now she's honestly not that bad of a character. There's a lot of potential with her ability to communicate with dinosaurs and distress signals, even though the team and everyone else has that technology her power seems like it can pick up things that technology can't which is a plus.

Her telepath ability would be interesting in smash bros if she also had some inspiration from Rosalina+Luma and Olimar and have a special with her commanding Tricky while the staff attacks can be mixed with her remaining specials, attacks and aerials.

Last edited:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Krystal is a telepathic and can detect distress in space and lead the gang to go and help them, also her whole planet was destroyed and she was on sauria trying to find answers. Also if you take into account star fox command's story, fox can be a real **** and krystal is more developed as a character then wolf in that game.

Also before anyone starts, command was well received but some people were turned off by the story simply because its talking animal critters, but the gameplay was good and it was praised for that. I also personally enjoyed it as every character got their own unique ship exclusive to them and played different from each other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom