• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Wow! we got a party gong here at the Krystal thread! This Krystal thread has most certainly gotten popular! Many people must have come to there senses and finally realized she's got great potential!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wow! we got a party gong here at the Krystal thread! This Krystal thread has most certainly gotten popular! Many people must have come to there senses and finally realized she's got great potential!
Or when the Fire Emblem series getting as many characters as the "big" ones did in past games killed off the "4 is 2wo much" fallacy.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Wow, I take a break from the internet for a week in vacation...

And look what has happened! That Assault stage looks drop-dead gorgeous.

I've got some things to think about...

I'll probably be back later to discuss Krystal after work.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
Krystal may have not been too popular on Smashboards up until recently but she's always been very popular on Miiverse!
[collapse=Miiverse posts]

[/collapse]

BlindFox

Smash Journeyman
If you're Miyu then technically you shouldn't really exist because Star Fox 2 never happened in the series canon, and I agree
A shame really, she looked like a character with potential.

I truly believe that this time Sakurai will please everyone (When it comes to nintendo related characters with lots of requests) and we already know that we're going to have a massive roster.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is awesome:

"Krystal and Ridley about to destroy all the haters after their reveal.":laugh:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman

I truly believe that this time Sakurai will please everyone (When it comes to nintendo related characters with lots of requests) and we already know that we're going to have a massive roster.

Omg if they do this imma die

MagnesD3

Smash Master

My number 1 and 2 :D

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Warning Received

While I don't care for Ridley, I support Krystal

Krystal may have not been too popular on Smashboards up until recently but she's always been very popular on Miiverse!
[collapse=Miiverse posts]

[/collapse]
And Sakurai listens to the Miiverse?

Last edited by a moderator:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
And Sakurai listens to the Miiverse?
I'm sure there's a team of people who monitor Miiverse and take the more popular realistic posts into consideration, in fact I'd say they listen to Miiverse more so than Smashboards. That is if they even bother coming to or know about Smashboards...

Last edited:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Another idea for a Krystal reveal:

On a landscape of some sort, (or in the Great Fox,) Fox is shown sparring Falco. The two throw playful, but competitive remarks at each other during the sparring. After they're done, it cuts to gameplay of Fox and Falco in an actual match.

In the midst of the dialogue, we hear a familiar voice which chants, "Playtime's over, Star Fox." Wolf jumps into the fight and begins to face both of them. When Wolf realizes he is outnumbered, he calls in his new Final Smash, "Star Wolf." This Final Smash summons a Wolfen strike from the members of Star Wolf. We see the FS used in the game and then we approach a CGI cutscene which shows the fight between the 3 characters and the Wolfen Assault on a new landscape. Soon, 2 Arwings appear from the sky, followed by the Great Fox. It's Krystal and Slippy, who've come to give Fox and Falco aid against the Wolfen. In the midst of the battle, Slippy is being chased by Panther. While Krystal flies to save him, Leon hits Krystal's arwing and causes her to lose control and crash. All of this causes Fox and Falco to be distracted and Wolf attacks both of them in quick succession. As the 2 lie there in pain, Wolf stands over them and smiles, mocking them. Out of no where, a blast strikes Wolf and launches him from the 2 injured fighters. Panther and Leon flee to assist Wolf and from a distance look into the direction from where the blast came from: The wrecked Arwing.

Everyone looks over to the wrecked Arwing and soon, a shadow ejects from the flames. In a graceful landing, the camera pans out to show Krystal holding her staff, with a Gatling gun on her back. She simply flips her hair and says, "That's no way to treat a lady!"

She then flips her staff around and strikes a fighting pose. As she strikes it, the newcomer paint is shown with caption, "Krystal flies into the fight!"

Fox, Falco and Krystal all stand next to each other and jump towards the screen. We then get a showcase of Krystal's moves.

At the end, we see Slippy from the cockpit of his Arwing looking on the 3 of them. He then says to Peppy, "I guess we don't have what it takes, right Old Guy?" Peppy agrees, but Slippy then says, "Wait....I have an idea!!" Then we get a brief showing of Slippy as an Assist Trophy.

Might be extremely flawed in spots, but that's what I came up with :p Let me know what you think!!
This....Is Great! The Only things I would Change would be to save the in-game footage of Wolf's new Final Smash until the Gameplay montage, and maybe the splash art caption. I LOVE the bit with Slippy and Peppy at the end! So what would Slippy do? Toss Grenades at the fighters?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
This....Is Great! The Only things I would Change would be to save the in-game footage of Wolf's new Final Smash until the Gameplay montage, and maybe the splash art caption. I LOVE the bit with Slippy and Peppy at the end! So what would Slippy do? Toss Grenades at the fighters?
Good idea, I like your GIF

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
You're twisting my logic. Star Fox games make a lot of money, sure. However, there's been so few of them that the franchise as a whole isn't big. On top of that, it's been 8 years since we've seen one, so it hasn't made any money lately at all.

So no, Star Fox has not made enough to give it a fourth character, in my opinion.
I think it's interesting that you keep saying since they haven't made a game in 8 years they don't deserve a rep. However I don't think this is how Sakurai really looks at it. Ice Climbers have been given representation since melee but the series has gone no where for a long time. Also earthbound is a franchise that hasn't had a game for a long time and the creator himself said he isn't making any more games for the series, but Lucas still made it into brawl. There is also some other characters in the same circumstances as these, so I don't believe the time since the last game really matters

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think it's interesting that you keep saying since they haven't made a game in 8 years they don't deserve a rep. However I don't think this is how Sakurai really looks at it. Ice Climbers have been given representation since melee but the series has gone no where for a long time. Also earthbound is a franchise that hasn't had a game for a long time and the creator himself said he isn't making any more games for the series, but Lucas still made it into brawl. There is also some other characters in the same circumstances as these, so I don't believe the time since the last game really matters
You can't factor classic characters into this, those are franchises specifically revived for smash. Ice climbers, Little Mac, Pit, G&W, and ROB are off the table. And Lucas is a decent counter argument, except for the fact that he's only the second character in a series that had a character in the original smash. Krystal would be the fourth.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Right, but there's the fact that Fire Emblem received two newcomers (the first franchise to do so, in this game I believe), and it has three males and one female (well, with the potential, because of Robin, to have two females as well).

Also, there's this picture:

Which I speculated to be a trophy set-up on the 2D bottom section of the Wii U Pilot Wings stage. If this is a trophy set-up, it would be the first, I believe, for all of the characters on the Smash website. All other pictures are more obviously during battle, for all of the characters.

Also, if this is a trophy set-up, the people who took this picture had full control of the trophy placement. It makes me believe it was on purpose, which could be teasing us.

I don't think it could simply refer to the stage hazard Arwing that has appeared in every Smash so far, because we don't even have a stage for Star Fox yet. Therefore, we don't even know if the Arwing stage hazard will be back.
I think that may be the onscreen appearences for Falcon and another Starfox member on the Pilotwings stage.

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
So may I ask whats Krystal dream move set at this point? there dosent seem to be anything about it on the first page and I'm preaty sure its been discussed here

Last edited:

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728
You can't factor classic characters into this, those are franchises specifically revived for smash. Ice climbers, Little Mac, Pit, G&W, and ROB are off the table. And Lucas is a decent counter argument, except for the fact that he's only the second character in a series that had a character in the original smash. Krystal would be the fourth.
But earthbound never even made half as many sales as Starfox has and got 2 reps. And for some other characters that have been represented without recent games are Dr. Mario in melee (kinda retro I guess), zero suit Samus (4 years since a new metroid game, 3 years since Star Fox 64 3d) and yeah metroid only has 2 rep now but many are speculating a 3rs rep to be coming

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
But earthbound never even made half as many sales as Starfox has and got 2 reps. And for some other characters that have been represented without recent games are Dr. Mario in melee (kinda retro I guess), zero suit Samus (4 years since a new metroid game, 3 years since Star Fox 64 3d) and yeah metroid only has 2 rep now but many are speculating a 3rs rep to be coming
Yeah, but it probably won't be Ridley, I want Sylux

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Metroid has >17mil copies sold
StarFox has 11.5 Mil sold

Metroid had a new game in 2010

StarFox had a new game in 2006

Metroid has had 11 major games

StarFox has had 6, and only 4 if you don't count remakes.

StarFox has 3 reps, you want a fourth.

Metroid has Samus. Twice.

Please stop talking about which franchises deserve reps without doing research.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Haha I actually know who posted this!

He has said in the past that he reads the comments I believe
That means good things for her then, and many people on the Miiverse are idiots, I mean Master Chief??!!!!, He's as XBOX as the RROD or pay walls, for Pete's sakes!!

Well Star Fox has sold more than Fire Emblem and they got four, if it was up to me, Earthbound would only get one rep, F-Zero would get only one rep, and Fire Emblem would only get three

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well Star Fox has sold more than Fire Emblem and they got four, if it was up to me, Earthbound would only get one rep, F-Zero would get only one rep, and Fire Emblem would only get three
I honestly don't have a problem with any of that. Lucina is a glorified alt costume, so I don't know why people count her when discussing series' reps. Sakurai literally said himself that she got lucky.

also, be careful about double posting, mods hate that. You can edit into a previous post instead.

Also I have to highlight all of your text to read it, that dark purple is terrible for reading

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't have a problem with any of that. Lucina is a glorified alt costume, so I don't know why people count her when discussing series' reps. Sakurai literally said himself that she got lucky.

also, be careful about double posting, mods hate that. You can edit into a previous post instead.

Also I have to highlight all of your text to read it, that dark purple is terrible for reading
Lucinas blade is different :troll:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, I really doubt Krystal's Starfox Adventures outfit will be an alternate costume. Yes, it SOUNDS like a good Idea, but keep this in mind:

During some attacks, it is possible to view Peach's Panties (....interesting that that was modeled, and moreso that it is unviewable on the trophy.

Krystal is only wearing a loincloth, and it is really evident that that is all that she is wearing down there........nothing obscuring her....yeah. If she were to do some high-kicking moves (Very Likely), that area would likely be visable. Nintendo would NOT Let that slide. so it'll likely be a variation on the Assault uniform as her only costume.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337

Glorified Alt or not: She's still her own character. She still took time to develop and she still takes a roster slot.

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
I have to say, I really doubt Krystal's Starfox Adventures outfit will be an alternate costume. Yes, it SOUNDS like a good Idea, but keep this in mind:

During some attacks, it is possible to view Peach's Panties (....interesting that that was modeled, and moreso that it is unviewable on the trophy.

Krystal is only wearing a loincloth, and it is really evident that that is all that she is wearing down there........nothing obscuring her....yeah. If she were to do some high-kicking moves (Very Likely), that area would likely be visable. Nintendo would NOT Let that slide. so it'll likely be a variation on the Assault uniform as her only costume.
I like my profile pic design and we have lots of pics for designs in the thread if we go back

Tipps4728

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tipps4728

I do know about the difference in sales between metroid and Star fox. I also consider the remakes different games since they still had to go back through the game to change graphics, voices, ect. Starfox 64 3d came out in 2011. Metroid other M came out 2010. They've had more games so I'd definitely expect more sales. I'm ok with metroid even though I've only played the second game in the series, and I do think they deserve a little more rep (I count Samus and zero suit Samus seperate, different movesets so different characters to me in smash) but this isn't the thread for metroid, so with all that said I still think Star Fox could get another rep.

That means good things for her then, and many people on the Miiverse are idiots, I mean Master Chief??!!!!, He's as XBOX as the RROD or pay walls, for Pete's sakes!!
i like miiverse, just can't talk about smash bros on the smash bros community. But yeah I've actually seen a lot of those Krystal pics recently with the new Star Fox stage

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Glorified Alt or not: She's still her own character. She still took time to develop and she still takes a roster slot.
I've posted this at least three times in this thread already.

She doesn't count when it comes down to series representation for a very proven and known reason. Series representation is determined early in the games life-cycle, when the roster is chosen. At that time, FE was deemed to be given a third character, Robin. Lucina was planned as an alt costume.

It was only later in development that she was upgraded to playable character status, when she proved too different from Marth.

I'm not going to argue that she isn't her own character and roster slot and all that. I'm arguing that you can't say that it was decided that FE deserved 4 roster slots when the roster was being configured.

I do know about the difference in sales between metroid and Star fox. I also consider the remakes different games since they still had to go back through the game to change graphics, voices, ect. Starfox 64 3d came out in 2011. Metroid other M came out 2010. They've had more games so I'd definitely expect more sales. I'm ok with metroid even though I've only played the second game in the series, and I do think they deserve a little more rep (I count Samus and zero suit Samus seperate, different movesets so different characters to me in smash) but this isn't the thread for metroid, so with all that said I still think Star Fox could get another rep.
I guess we just have different opinions then. And I honestly hope yours is right, I want to see Krystal in smash. I just really doubt it at this point.

Last edited:

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
I've posted this at least three times in this thread already.

She doesn't count when it comes down to series representation for a very proven and known reason. Series representation is determined early in the games life-cycle, when the roster is chosen. At that time, FE was deemed to be given a third character, Robin. Lucina was planned as an alt costume.

It was only later in development that she was upgraded to playable character status, when she proved too different from Marth.

I'm not going to argue that she isn't her own character and roster slot and all that. I'm arguing that you can't say that it was decided that FE deserved 4 roster slots when the roster was being configured.

I guess we just have different opinions then. And I honestly hope yours is right, I want to see Krystal in smash. I just really doubt it at this point.
Well I'll agree with you in how she was planned, but now they would have had to have thought Fire Emblem deserved to have another character is she was moved up. They could've easily tossed the idea for more roster space, but they thought Fire Emblem could have a 4th rep.

Also, LOOK AT HOW LIVE THIS THREAD IS NOW.

Last edited:

ImOnlyHereToTalkStarFox

Smash Journeyman
Well I'll agree with you in how she was planned, but now they would have had to have thought Fire Emblem deserved to have another character is she was moved up. They could've easily tossed the idea for more roster space, but they thought Fire Emblem could have a 4th rep.

Also, LOOK AT HOW LIVE THIS THREAD IS NOW.
I'm so happy Q~Q

Top Bottom