• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't like to consider Wolf a 'villain' so to speak.
He was an outright villain in 64 and became a more morally neutral character in Assault and Command. (One of the many things from those games I hope the next one keeps) but he fills the villain roll in comparison to Fox and Falco (and hopefully Krystal)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I consider Wolf to be an anti-villain
No, he's an anti-hero. An anti-villain is a sympathetic villain, an anti-hero is a hero who while doing good, doesn't have a lot of scruples.

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
welll as i thought i was the only one who wanted Krystal for Smash 4 DLC & BOOM i Find Dis Well i guess i aint da only one :)

LETS VOTE HER UP KRYSTAL FOR SMASH 4 !!!!!!!!!!

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Aman to that bro
Yeah. That's why the more people we can get here for this forum, the better and the support/awareness for our blue vixen can really go all the way up there even though she is a popular character among the series and with her own fanbase. As for Andross being the main villain, well in Adventures he was technically the main villain throughout the entire game where at the end where we find out that he was truly responsible for breaking apart Sauria and Scales was nothing more than a puppet to his schemes. Andross was hoping that if Sauria exploded, it would have affected the entire Lylat System as General Pepper mentioned earlier in the game. This is actually similar in Twilight Princess where Zant was basically a puppet to a more sinister scheme and boom Ganondorf was behind everything even though we find out in the mid game right after Link finishes in the Arbiter Grounds temple where the sages tell him that this great evil they had to seal away was none other than Ganondorf.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Guys, I came up with a worst case scenario, if Krystal is retconned out
Depends on the severity of the retcon, if we're back to Star Fox 1/64 era then there's every chance that she could come back in a later game. If Fox is given a new love interest (unlikely as Nintendo in-house doesn't do romance) then I guess we'll be emphasizing with Fara Phoenix's fans.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Depends on the severity of the retcon, if we're back to Star Fox 1/64 era then there's every chance that she could come back in a later game. If Fox is given a new love interest (unlikely as Nintendo in-house doesn't do romance) then I guess we'll be emphasizing with Fara Phoenix's fans.[/qoute]
What I meant is the unlikely possibilty of her being completely removed.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mangled quote formatting aside, that's what I meant when I said take it back to 64. That the team is only Fox, Falco and Slippy. That way there's still room for the next team who works on a SF game to put her back in.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Mangled quote formatting aside, that's what I meant when I said take it back to 64. That the team is only Fox, Falco and Slippy. That way there's still room for the next team who works on a SF game to put her back in.
Peppy was in the team in 64 though.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Guys, I came up with a worst case scenario, if Krystal is retconned out
I think we're all aware of that remote possibility. I hear plenty of people claiming they believe Star Fox is being retconned or rather wish it to be. They're the people that think nothing good has happened since 64 for the most part.

Odd that you'd bring this up out of the blue.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In 52 days, when E3 happens, we'll all find out.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I think we're all aware of that remote possibility. I hear plenty of people claiming they believe Star Fox is being retconned or rather wish it to be. They're the people that think nothing good has happened since 64 for the most part.

Odd that you'd bring this up out of the blue.
Why is that people are being like that of them saying Starfox being retconned after 64? I doubt Nintendo would want to do that and reboot the series again of them killing off Krystal like that. If they don't like Krystal, tough luck for them. They'll have to get used to her being in the SF series. I see her chances of being removed from the series very unlikely. We'll find out at E3 this year. I have a feeling she's there to stay in the series whether they like it or not.

Last edited:

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake
Yeah. That's why the more people we can get here for this forum, the better and the support/awareness for our blue vixen can really go all the way up there even though she is a popular character among the series and with her own fanbase. As for Andross being the main villain, well in Adventures he was technically the main villain throughout the entire game where at the end where we find out that he was truly responsible for breaking apart Sauria and Scales was nothing more than a puppet to his schemes. Andross was hoping that if Sauria exploded, it would have affected the entire Lylat System as General Pepper mentioned earlier in the game. This is actually similar in Twilight Princess where Zant was basically a puppet to a more sinister scheme and boom Ganondorf was behind everything even though we find out in the mid game right after Link finishes in the Arbiter Grounds temple where the sages tell him that this great evil they had to seal away was none other than Ganondorf.

Theres prob a chance of her being in the game as well with Star Fox Being shown at E3 will prob get her as the next DLC Char for Team Star Fox as well as Wolf or better yet it may be in a bundle called the Star Fox Bundle & id be down with dat since Sakurai announced hes gonna be making tons of smash DLC for the fans which everyone is hyped up about prob till 2016 & he'll take a break or somthing den we prob wont get a new smash till like 2020 or further lol.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What would rock is if as part of a "year of Star Fox" thing, they announced both Wolf and Krystal for DLC. It would rock but we live in a world that doesn't so...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
What would rock is if as part of a "year of Star Fox" thing, they announced both Wolf and Krystal for DLC. It would rock but we live in a world that doesn't so...
It's not entirely out of the question. It could depend on if they're following the ballot results already or they're actually waiting until October to look at everything. If it's the former, it could be plausible they'd notice Krystal was getting enough nominations for them to justify working on her and Wolf simultaneously.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It's not entirely out of the question. It could depend on if they're following the ballot results already or they're actually waiting until October to look at everything. If it's the former, it could be plausible they'd notice Krystal was getting enough nominations for them to justify working on her and Wolf simultaneously.
Surely, we are probably guaranteed to get her in Smash regardless

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Wow, when you say it like that it makes it seem like it's just around the corner.

Why is that people are being like that of them saying Starfox being retconned after 64? I doubt Nintendo would want to do that and reboot the series again of them killing off Krystal like that. If they don't like it, tough luck for them. They'll have to get used to her being in the SF series. I see her chances of being removed from the series very unlikely. We'll find out at E3 this year. I have a feeling she's there to stay in the series whether they like it or not.

I know, I know. I can't speak for the people that see the retcon as likely. I think the major difference in how we assess where Star Fox stands is that the people who believe in the retcon believe that Nintendo understands that Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command weren't well received or were "mistakes". I simply don't think it's so. Sure, there's a vocal group of haters that may make it seem as if recent Star Fox titles were much worse than 64... but I think the numbers aren't really that different. I'm only guessing admittedly as I've not looked up sales numbers or ratings, although I can believe ratings being a bit lower for Assault and Adventures than they were for 64, and Command being quite a bit lower than any of them.

Retcon believers also read a bit deeply into Star Fox 64 3D being made, the 64 team being in Orbital Gate Assault, and the appearance of what looked like the 64 team in the Star Fox Wii U test demo.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I do wonder about her ballot results relative to other characters. We don't even know how the ballot is being taken. I hope they're just looking to see who's roughly popular and actually do have a way to weed out multiple votes. I do know other communities have worked pretty hard to spread support around even physically, and have voted multiple times on as many devices they can just in case of IP tracking. The fact is the ballot may not exactly represent true support. I'm confident Krystal is still among the most popular, but I wonder just where she stands. We've seen from various polls that she can be anywhere from 1st to 30th, though usually top 10.

Surely, we are probably guaranteed to get her in Smash regardless
Maybe eventually, but I'm nowhere near saying any character is a certainty. Even Wolf, who is the most likely unannounced or leaked character wouldn't get a 100% chance vote from me in the "Rate Their Chances" thread. I will probably give him 90ish, which is way higher odds than any other character.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Retcon believers also read a bit deeply into Star Fox 64 3D being made, the 64 team being in Orbital Gate Assault, and the appearance of what looked like the 64 team in the Star Fox Wii U text demo.
Even though the former was likely out of convenience since they only had the 64 VAs available, and the latter was an engine test that was a literal direct rip from SF643D. Seems like they're reaching, doesn't it?

...And yet they'll still get seen as valid since they're loud about it...

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Wow, when you say it like that it makes it seem like it's just around the corner.

I know, I know. I can't speak for the people that see the retcon as likely. I think the major difference in how we assess where Star Fox stands is that the people who believe in the retcon believe that Nintendo understands that Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command weren't well received or were "mistakes". I simply don't think it's so. Sure, there's a vocal group of haters that may make it seem as if recent Star Fox titles hated... but I think the numbers aren't really that different. I'm only guessing admittedly as I've not looked up sales numbers or ratings, though I can believe ratings being a bit lower for Assault and Adventures than they were for 64, and Command being quite a bit lower than any of them.

Retcon believers also read a bit deeply into Star Fox 64 3D being made, the 64 team being in Orbital Gate Assault, and the appearance of what looked like the 64 team in the Star Fox Wii U text demo.
That's because the problem with those people especially them with what they saw in Smash 4 for instance of Wolf and Krystal not appearing in the codecs on the Orbital Gate Assault. They were being paranoid about it. When that happened, they thought the Starfox series was going to be retconned. But that doesn't mean anything at all. Do Nintendo really want to kill off both Krystal and Wolf like that? Think of the outrage that would cause in the fanbase including us who like these characters and Nintendo is aware of the fanbases who like both Krystal and Wolf and they know that. As for Adventures and Assault, the games were a commercial success which they even received a Player's Choice award from Nintendo. So like I said, I doubt they would kill Krystal off from the series like that. Since she has established herself in the series like how Wolf has done, they are there to stay no matter what happens.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Even though the former was likely out of convenience since they only had the 64 VAs available, and the latter was an engine test that was a literal direct rip from SF643D. Seems like they're reaching, doesn't it?

...And yet they'll still get seen as valid since they're loud about it...
I wont lie. It's always easier to believe in what you want to believe in. They want a retcon so they see the signs. We don't so we give this evidence much less weight. It does feel like our assessment is more reasonable, but of course we'd feel that way. Either way, the true conclusion is we still have no idea what Nintendo is doing. They love to leave us in the dark, heh.

Also, just noticed I wrote "text" instead of "test" in my post you quoted. Been doing too much CSS work lately.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Does Nintendo ever listen to the whiny portion of their fanbase, the whiny ones who complain if they change the slightest thing about any of their franchises, now I am not saying that Nintendo should rest on their laurels, I mean they should take what works, and stick with it, only adding minor tweaks, or new gameplay styles which are optional, the problems with Adventures and Assault were because they were rushed to market, Adventures was supposed to be much longer,and Krystal was supposed to have a larger role, read this excerpt from the Lylat wiki.
"Fox found the SpellStones specifically to save her, not the Krazoa Spirits, and he released her some time before the General Scales battle, Krystal and Fox would have worked together in the Krazoa Palace and fought Andross on foot. Many of Krystal's lines that were in the Saurian language in the final game were in English in the earlier build. Also in the original ending, Fox would have asked Krystal to join the team, she told him that she would join at the price of one kiss All of these changes were made due to Rare, the company making the game, was being bought by Microsoft shortly during the game's production",
As for Assault, the game clearly needed more polishing in the gameplay department, and needed to be lengthened storywise, the dialogue was a little goofy, even by Star Fox standards.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

yoooooooooooooooooooo

it feels so much more real when you put a number to it, huh? like i was aware in the back of my mind that it's coming up, but 52 days is really soon! still not soon enough, though.

I'm anxious to hear abut the new Star Fox and the prospect of maybe getting DLC news for Smash
and I'm not exactly holding my breath but I am still holding out hope on at least a piece of artwork for the new Zelda

ToonKake

So Animated
NNID
ToOn_Cake

I know, I know. I can't speak for the people that see the retcon as likely. I think the major difference in how we assess where Star Fox stands is that the people who believe in the retcon believe that Nintendo understands that Star Fox Adventures, Assault, and Command weren't well received or were "mistakes". I simply don't think it's so. Sure, there's a vocal group of haters that may make it seem as if recent Star Fox titles were much worse than 64... but I think the numbers aren't really that different. I'm only guessing admittedly as I've not looked up sales numbers or ratings, although I can believe ratings being a bit lower for Assault and Adventures than they were for 64, and Command being quite a bit lower than any of them.

Retcon believers also read a bit deeply into Star Fox 64 3D being made, the 64 team being in Orbital Gate Assault, and the appearance of what looked like the 64 team in the Star Fox Wii U test demo.

man somtimes i dont kno whats wrong with ppl i LOVED THE **** OUTTA Adventures & As for Assault was just MAJOR Fun Played dat game like SOOOOOOO MANY TIMES back in the day with Friends & fam with HOURS UPON END !!
Wolf Voice "DATS MINE ! "

soo Hilariously Fun to Play No lie who ever said Assualt was crap compared to 64 is obvs blinded by nostalgia -.-

Both games Gave much more depth to the lylat system Broadening the whole Star Fox Universe as well. made u feel like u were in it with the ship the planets the interactions with the chars... everything but yea... theres ALWAYS WILL BE PROS & CONS & dis world is just too NEGA to just nit pick all the cons & totally forgett bout the pros/what made the game good but anywayss uhh...............

VOTE KRYSTAL FOR SMASH LOLOL !!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
man somtimes i dont kno whats wrong with ppl i LOVED THE **** OUTTA Adventures & As for Assault was just MAJOR Fun Played dat game like SOOOOOOO MANY TIMES back in the day with Friends & fam with HOURS UPON END !!
Wolf Voice "DATS MINE ! "

soo Hilariously Fun to Play No lie who ever said Assualt was crap compared to 64 is obvs blinded by nostalgia -.-

Both games Gave much more depth to the lylat system Broadening the whole Star Fox Universe as well. made u feel like u were in it with the ship the planets the interactions with the chars... everything but yea... theres ALWAYS WILL BE PROS & CONS & dis world is just too NEGA to just nit pick all the cons & totally forgett bout the pros/what made the game good but anywayss uhh...............

VOTE KRYSTAL FOR SMASH LOLOL !!
I agree... in more or less words, heh.

May want to merge your two posts through editing btw, so you don't have a double post. Mod can delete the spare post if you request it. That second one can be easily edited into the first.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Assault's multiplayer was great, even if the single player was a bit lackluster. Rumor was that it started as a multiplayer only game but they added in single player and on rails levels later.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think 64 was the best game in the series but the other games are great too. That'd be like dismissing Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) just because you think Sonic 2 is best.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Let's not alienate anyone, lol.

I really hope they will give us news at E3 instead of being so tighly lipped like always.

Also, we're finally nearing the 200 page mark everyone !

Top Bottom