• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
200 pages. Not bad for blue furry bait ;)

Let's hope E3 is good to us all.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I think its just how Japanese game companies are.

Look how long it took Kojima to reveal anything about MGSV:TPP or the Moby **** Stuidos thing in the beginning. To be honest it adds to the hype a lot more but at the same time causes extreme tension like right now for the new Star Fox game.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Happy 200 page supporters of the blue furry !

:troll:

No but seriously, it is great to see so much support for Krystal. I feel like even if she isn't in this game she will be in the next one. Of course, let us hope for her inclusion as DLC material.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Japan's business practices always seem to be a bit behind. These days it's not corporate spies that are the trouble, like the secrecy strategy would work for, but patent trolls. Still Nintendo has been dealing with them since Universal so it's not like they're lacking in that department.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
O.O I just realized that the last Star Fox game we had on a video game console was 10 years ago, and that's not counting the 3DS Star Fox because its a remake. Technically its 9 years if you wanna count in Command, but that doesn't really matter too much considering the amount of contraversy Command gets. Nonetheless, since we've been waiting this long for a new Star Fox game Nintendo better blow us away at E3 with this new installment to the series. (If they don't I'm going to turn into Akuma & use Raging Demon on them. XD)

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
O.O I just realized that the last Star Fox game we had on a video game console was 10 years ago, and that's not counting the 3DS Star Fox because its a remake. Technically its 9 years if you wanna count in Command, but that doesn't really matter too much considering the amount of contraversy Command gets. Nonetheless, since we've been waiting this long for a new Star Fox game Nintendo better blow us away at E3 with this new installment to the series. (If they don't I'm going to turn into Akuma use Raging Demon on them. XD)
Assault came out 10 years ago? damn

Also, it came out the day before my birthday, that's kinda neat

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
O.O I just realized that the last Star Fox game we had on a video game console was 10 years ago, and that's not counting the 3DS Star Fox because its a remake. Technically its 9 years if you wanna count in Command, but that doesn't really matter too much considering the amount of contraversy Command gets. Nonetheless, since we've been waiting this long for a new Star Fox game Nintendo better blow us away at E3 with this new installment to the series. (If they don't I'm going to turn into Akuma use Raging Demon on them. XD)
Here's what I'll do to Nintendo if they disappoint us
I1s_YZ7_RI90_A_terminator_fires_with_heavy_machine.gif

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

Go to the bottom right, it's a new fox render in the command/brawl design. This could rule out SFWii U being a reboot and could mean that Krystal's new design would be used in smash as it'd be the same as commands
Are me wure it's a new Fox render. Looks like 4's in a different pose. It ould be only natural considering 64's renders were deliberately plasticy to emulate 64 era advertising material.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Are me wure it's a new Fox render. Looks like 4's in a different pose. It ould be only natural considering 64's renders were deliberately plasticy to emulate 64 era advertising material.
Well it's the smash design in a different pose which is odd considering the rest are all ripped directly from somewhere else which means it could be his SFWii U render

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well it's the smash design in a different pose which is odd considering the rest are all ripped directly from somewhere else which means it could be his SFWii U render
I wonder if it appeared elsewhere, like on an obscure piece of Smash 4 promo art. It is pretty noteworthy though. We should let the Wolf boards know too.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I think if we don't get a reboot, I think that Command will officially be retconned out of the canon entirely, okay Command had a few good ideas, but they were one good apple, in a sea of rotten apples

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think if we don't get a reboot, I think that Command will officially be retconned out of the canon entirely, okay Command had a few good ideas, but they were one good apple, in a sea of rotten apples
I don't think that's necessary, they should just build upon Command's default ending. Either that or pick a definitive one and go from there. Just erasing a game from canon just seems weird to me without a good reason for doing so

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
https://www.nintendo.com/amiibo

Go to the bottom right, it's a new fox render in the command/brawl design. This could rule out SFWii U being a reboot and could mean that Krystal's new design would be used in smash as it'd be the same as commands

EDIT:

Might as well link it too
It does indeed look based on his Smash design. Either it's from some Smash-themed promo art or we could be looking at designs for the new game inspired by Smash. If so, Krystal's very likely to get a new uniform that looks more Smash-inspired.

Which would definitely help us as far as having visual reference goes...

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
It does indeed look based on his Smash design. Either it's from some Smash-themed promo art or we could be looking at designs for the new game inspired by Smash. If so, Krystal's very likely to get a new uniform that looks more Smash-inspired.

Which would definitely help us as far as having visual reference goes...
But that's not official yet, hopefully Fox's voice isn't screwed up like it was in Smash 4

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'll share a theory of mine regarding Fox's voice that I mentioned in the Smash 4 Fox boards a while ago now...

I think the reason Mike West sounds bad in this game but good in 64 and why Jim Walker sounded bad in Assault but good in Brawl are the same... the Smash team had them raise pitch and emotiveness so that the character sounded like they were making battle cries and not just talking. For Mike, he already has a high pitch and plenty of emotiveness in his portrayal of Fox, so increasing that effect in his voice acting just over did it. Jim on the other hand sounded great since his default sound was so flat already that the increase in emotiveness and pitch made his Fox sound more interesting but still "normal" and not too squeaky/silly.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll share a theory of mine regarding Fox's voice that I mentioned in the Smash 4 Fox boards a while ago now...
Makes sense. Also I think Mike's vocie sounds a little weird witout the static crackle filter they used in 64 to make it sound like he's talking through the coms

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Makes sense. Also I think Mike's vocie sounds a little weird witout the static crackle filter they used in 64 to make it sound like he's talking through the coms
That too.

Although I'll say I was not a fan of the voice audio in Star Fox Assault. Even in scenes where the characters were talking in person, the audio always seemed muffled and like it was recorded underwater.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I will admit, Mike's voice does sound a bit odd, but at the same time, it sort of gave me a Steve Malpass impression from Fox. So it was more of a half & half

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I will admit, Mike's voice does sound a bit odd, but at the same time, it sort of gave me a Steve Malpass impression from Fox. So it was more of a half & half
Adventure's was far and away the best portrayal of Fox in my opinion. A lot of it has to do with that awesome model they used that just looked as right as Fox ever has. It obviously wasn't just the model though, it's how they rigged it and used it to show Fox expressively. Adventure's gave Fox a level of character he'd never had through his face, body language, attitude, and emotion. It also gave him a certain amount of realism. He was more relatable. Not everyone sees the generally stoic leader and hero as someone they can relate to, but when Fox is joking around or getting annoyed by Tricky or just looking confused about a confusing situation... you make a better connection to him. All of this was helped by Malpass's delivery of his lines. He was the perfect mix of West and Walker's voice acting. Although, it may just seem like he was the best because of what Adventure's did for Fox's character. I remember how pleasantly surprised I was when I found out it was still Walker's voice in Brawl since he sounded so much better to me than he did in Assault. Any of those VAs have talent, but I guess it's how you use them.

TL;DR - Fox's portrayal in Star Fox Adventures is brilliant... imo.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Adventure's was far and away the best portrayal of Fox in my opinion. A lot of it has to do with that awesome model they used that just looked as right as Fox ever has. It obviously wasn't just the model though, it's how they rigged it and used it to show Fox expressively. Adventure's gave Fox a level of character he'd never had through his face, body language, attitude, and emotion. It also gave him a certain amount of realism. He was more relatable. Not everyone sees the generally stoic leader and hero as someone they can relate to, but when Fox is joking around or getting annoyed by Tricky or just looking confused about a confusing situation... you make a better connection to him. All of this was helped by Malpass's delivery of his lines. He was the perfect mix of West and Walker's voice acting. Although, it may just seem like he was the best because of what Adventure's did for Fox's character. I remember how pleasantly surprised I was when I found out it was still Walker's voice in Brawl since he sounded so much better to me than he did in Assault. Any of those VAs have talent, but I guess it's how you use them.

I agree. Speaking of which, I should pick up Star Fox Adventures again. I miss playing that game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's weird seeing two people with the same character (Krystal) avatars banter back and forth.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07

Then again since Adventures was an adventure type game that uses the Zelda formula, it actually makes sense to fully explore Fox's character. If I'm not mistaken, didn't Malpass play Fox in the codecs in Melee and in the 3DS version of Smash 4? I think he did. As for the pic I saw in the Amiibo site where it shows Fox there, I haven't seen any art where it shows that rendition of Fox except there and in Mario Kart 8. I believe that may be the official design for him in the upcoming Starfox Wii U game since that design is the one we're all familiar with and it'll pretty much be the same with the other characters.

Last edited:

Krayon Kaphonie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaphonie
man somtimes i dont kno whats wrong with ppl i LOVED THE **** OUTTA Adventures & As for Assault was just MAJOR Fun Played dat game like SOOOOOOO MANY TIMES back in the day with Friends & fam with HOURS UPON END !!
Wolf Voice "DATS MINE ! "

soo Hilariously Fun to Play No lie who ever said Assualt was crap compared to 64 is obvs blinded by nostalgia -.-

Both games Gave much more depth to the lylat system Broadening the whole Star Fox Universe as well. made u feel like u were in it with the ship the planets the interactions with the chars... everything but yea... theres ALWAYS WILL BE PROS & CONS & dis world is just too NEGA to just nit pick all the cons & totally forgett bout the pros/what made the game good but anywayss uhh...............

VOTE KRYSTAL FOR SMASH LOLOL !!
Omg! Same here assault battle were hilarious with my best friends xD my one friend that would spam "I'll take of everything" everytime i was losing and me saying "try me" with krystal everytime i defeated him xD so glad someone likes assault just as much as I do xD

Edit : EVERYONE! that Fox render is from his Mario Kart 8 ammibo pic ;) I agree it's most likely to be used in the new StarFox. ^.^

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Omg! Same here assault battle were hilarious with my best friends xD my one friend that would spam "I'll take of everything" everytime i was losing and me saying "try me" with krystal everytime i defeated him xD so glad someone likes assault just as much as I do xD

Edit : EVERYONE! that Fox render is from his Mario Kart 8 ammibo pic ;) I agree it's most likely to be used in the new StarFox. ^.^
Was there new art for the other amiibo characters?

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Was there new art for the other amiibo characters?
Not from what I know. If that is his art from what we'll expect to see in his newest game coming up, then it's possible that could be his pose as part of a Starfox Amiibo lineup (most likely to happen since Miyamoto confirmed it that SF Wii U will be Amiibo compatible).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No, they were all ripped from somewhere else

Samus = Prime
Kirby = Return to Dreamland
Link = Skyward Sword