• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

President Iwata Passes Away..

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Make him write something for all of us. For Smashboards.
If that's what people want, then absolutely.

I can't guarantee anything right now as he is still in work I think and he can't respond to me right now, but if people want to agree on a message to write, that would be nice.

For myself, I was just gonna ask him to write:

"Thank you for the guidance and all of the memories. You will never be forgotten."

If people are OK with that we'll go with that, but if people want something else written that's fine too.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If that's what people want, then absolutely.

I can't guarantee anything right now as he is still in work I think and he can't respond to me right now, but if people want to agree on a message to write, that would be nice.

For myself, I was just gonna ask him to write:

"Thank you for the guidance and all of the memories. You will never be forgotten."

If people are OK with that we'll go with that, but if people want something else written that's fine too.
You should also add something among the lines of "Thanks for the countless matches of Smash we would've never gotten without you." to the current message.

But that's just my opinion.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I know I post this image a lot lately, but it has its place here.

I had to load a save to beat the final boss of TTYD and went through a lot of cutscene for the sole purpose of taking this shot:

Screenshot from 2015-07-12 23:27:21.png

RIP Mr Iwata, I shall never forget you once I have fun playing fun games like Paper Mario :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Remember, stars may die, but their essence is carried on in everyone they have touched.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

A lovely video of him unboxing a retail Wii U for the first time. I think it's really nice, because it shows how he still managed to be charming and make you laugh even when doing the most mundane things.

Rayman4Smash

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperAbachiBro

A lovely video of him unboxing a retail Wii U for the first time. I think it's really nice, because it shows how he still managed to be charming and make you laugh even when doing the most mundane things.
The way he talks while unboxing it gives me goosebumps. I liked his ab-libs of this being like a shopping channel. Now, we'll never see him unbox the NX when it's announced.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Iwata was a great man and a great mind. He did so much. He made so many people happy. My condolences to his friends and family.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Yo @N3ON Are you still making ribbons for profile pics? I would like one if that's okay.
Or if you can just send me a .png of the ribbon so that I can add it myself.

D

Deleted member

I'm playing Kirby's Adventure on Virtual Console. It's a fun game.
You made me remember this song:
I've been playing A Link Between Worlds lately, im doing it for Iwata,who wanted everyone to have fun playing Nintendo games.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Balloon Fight is pretty well represented anyway in Smash. Villager's Up B is based on it, and the 3DS version has a Balloon FIght stage.

I honestly would not be surprised if Sakurai makes some small little tribute to Iwata in Smash anyway. It would be amazing if he made an in-game trophy for him, in his honour.
An Iwata mii costume, complete with glasses, a suit, pants, and holding a banana?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You made me remember this song:
I've been playing A Link Between Worlds lately, im doing it for Iwata,who wanted everyone to have fun playing Nintendo games.
That's a great song. Is it just me, or is there a bit of a similarity to "Go the Distance" from Disney's Hercules in it?

---------

Considering that Iwata is supposed to be Peppy in the Digital Event and plays a similar role to Miyamoto as Peppy does to Fox, this scene just got a whole lot sadder for me (Star Fox: Assault spoilers):

And the ending too:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Edit: Made it bigger.

Edit 2: Credit to Terminal 8 from Know Your Meme for the image.
I'm gonna miss seeing his name.
I think the best song that fits this time is Smiles and Tears from Earthbound. He brought us so many smiles by playing the games he worked so hard to make. His death brought many of us to tears, but after all is said about him, all he wanted was to put a smile on our faces while we played his games.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144

I teared up a bit watching it... For a coincidence, my young nephew told me that "boys don't cry". Little you know, my little friend...
Edit: a emotional gif:

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I'm gonna miss seeing his name.
I think the best song that fits this time is Smiles and Tears from Earthbound. He brought us so many smiles by playing the games he worked so hard to make. His death brought many of us to tears, but after all is said about him, all he wanted was to put a smile on our faces while we played his games.
I swear, I've listened to that song like 100 times the past two days. I'm never gonna get over the "I miss you" at the end. T_T7

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Can we get someone to do a photo montage on this board of as many competitors or third parties we can find who gave their support for Iwata? I saw that Playstation, Xbox, Ubisoft, and even Valve gave their condolences to Iwata-san.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
@Swampasaur Since you are making a Iwata tribute, could you think about using Smiles and Tears from Earthbound as the theme for the video. It comes from a game he worked so hard to create and that's what Iwata gave to us. Smiles from playing his games and tears from this sad news.

Top Bottom