• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

President Iwata Passes Away..

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Farewell you magnificent *******.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rest in peace a beautifully awesome soul who just wanted to make the world a little happier.

I'll always remember you as you were in directs and digital events.

dkkrang95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
strongkong95
Wow, can't believe Iwata's gone, Directs just won't be the same without him.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. You were like no other company President. We truly lost not only a great man in the industry, but a great man in general.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Rest in peace,
hope you continue to do what you love and make games for all the guys up in the sky.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Things are not going to be the same without him... I am shocked... He was always strong, even when Nintendo was having a bad time (in 2013 and early 2014)... Why so many good people die young?!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's a sad day. 55 is too young to die. Thank you for all those great games you helped create, Mr. Iwata, and rest in peace.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't even look at my Nintendo systems and games now without physically getting a twisted stomach and water in my eyes.

Ugh. Cancer is the worst.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It's hard to imagine a Nintendo without Iwata. I still can't comprehend this right now.

May he rest in peace.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
RIP Iwata. You were such a huge part in all the games I played. You also made the directs such a wonderful event. Everything just feels empty knowing you aren't around anymore.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Today is a sad day for all of us here...
Nintendo directs really won't feel the same without you.
Thank you for all of the things that you did for Nintendo and us. And thank you for giving us all good memories of you to remember you by.
RIP Iwata

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Thanks for the gaming memories and getting me into it.
RIP the Programming Genius that is Satoru Iwata.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
*Takes off his hat* Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. You died at an age too long. It is so sad to see you go like this...

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Rip Iwata... One of the greatest just passed away. It's feel so unreal...but it's reality. May your benevolant soul find his way in the happiest place of the afterlife...

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
He left us too soon. I wish I had more to say. I can't believe this just happened.
What annoys me is that there are actually people being douches about it. Some people are just so inhumane. Rest in peace.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
A man who was wise, courageous, and powerful... Nintendo simply won't be the same without him. Iwata, you will be dearly missed by all the Nintendo community and by anyone who knows what you've done to shape and change the destiny of gaming for thirty years. *uses Zelda's down taunt, cries in sadness* (Zelda's down taunt is where she extends her arm and waves.)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Wow. This completely blindsided me, and now I'm kinda bummed. But all good things must come to an end....unfortunately.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. May the afterlife treat you better than this world did.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
He left us too soon. I wish I had more to say. I can't believe this just happened.
What annoys me is that there are actually people being douches about it. Some people are just so inhumane. Rest in peace.
I know... I really want them to go away and let the rest of us who actually care to pay our respects. Jerks...

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata, the man who cut his own pay in half so that he wouldn't have to fire anyone, the man who ported Pokémon Stadium to the US without any coding references, the man who wrote the entire code for the original EarthBound, the man who compresses Pokémon Silver and Gold to allow Kanto to fit on the cartridge, and, most importantly, the man who transformed Nintendo and so many peoples' lives in just a short 55 years. You were gone too soon. After all this time, this feels like the death of an old friend. You're in a better place now, but you'll be sorely missed. No-one will be able to really replace you as president of Nintendo. Truly, rest in peace. From all of us on SmashBoards, we salute directly to you.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I'm impressed by the amount of people who came to pay their respects... faith in humanity restored :D

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Words cannot properly describe the loss of Mr. Iwata. The best way we can pay tribute to his life is not with words, but rather loading up your favorite Nintendo game and just having a fun time.

R.I.P. Iwata-san

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
May you rest in piece. Thank you for all you have done, from all the laughs, all the directs, all the asks, and all the legacies you leave behind. May you great soul rest peacefully, you will be dearly missed.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Iwata may have left the living world, but his legacy lives on in Nintendo's past, present and future.

Rest in peace, you banana-staring CEO.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Mr. Iwata was a great man who helped create some of Nintendo's biggest games, and gave us also many humorous videos, but he isn't gone forever. He's just moved on.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
May you rest in piece. Thank you for all you have done, from all the laughs, all the directs, all the asks, and all the legacies you leave behind. May you great soul rest peacefully, you will be dearly missed.

God, this song. I teared up when I first heard this in game. Nevertheless, he is deserving of this musical goodbye.

Last edited:

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I'm....I'm in shock to hear such sad news. It's because of him that I have such wonderful memories playing videogames with friends and family. I'm going to cherish every Nintendo console, handheld, and game that I own. R.I.P Iwata, you will never be forgotten.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Truly a moment of cruelty in life, to have taken such a fine man away at the mere age of 55....

Godspeed Iwata. Hiroshi Yamauchi believed he left Nintendo in good and capable hands when he stepped down as Nintendo's President and you took his place.....he was absolutely correct.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is the saddest moment I ever had really, I'm legitimately tearing up. Satoru Iwata was a real friend to me even though I have never met him. I will never forget the games this man has provided for me from the directs to interviews to all the memes the internet has created from his words and actions. I strongly hope Nintendo grows further by an extraordinary amount with this death.

I know it's a short message, but I will never forget you Satoru.

Last edited:
Top Bottom