• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman15

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure you don't need a credit card to use paypal. You can link it to your bank account. It's an annoying process if you have problems doint it though (like using it through your MOTHER!)

xelad1

Smash Ace
This is a great and well organized server.... I got premium just to chip in since I've used this place for so many smash related resources, I don't really even use any of the premium features but I figured it was money well spent.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
Premium membership definitely helps but does not cover all site costs, which is why we have the ads.

Gid

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm planning on getting premium membership as soon as I decide what I want my custom title and avatar to be. I'm having such trouble deciding.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
My premium membership just expired, and currently im playing too much Halo 3, but as soon as Brawl comes out (IF it EVER does) i plan on re-subscribing.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
My custom avatar disappeared when my premium ran out.

:(

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
okay quick question, I am planning to become a premium user, but I just want to know, do you guys only take credit cards? do you guys take money orders as well?

thanks, GigaKoopa

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
okay quick question, I am planning to become a premium user, but I just want to know, do you guys only take credit cards? do you guys take money orders as well?

thanks, GigaKoopa
yes, i was also wondering about that.

*Venus

Smash Cadet
Is paypal really instant? ive been waiting for hours now,

is there like another step to get be a prenium member? or is it just pay& be a Prenium Member?

SleepyK

Paypal is instant, but it usually takes a little while to take money off of your card.

T-major

Smash Champion
  • Upload your own custom avatar to our server

I know you get to use your own Custom Avatar, but does this let you upload avatars to the selection of default avatars ? not really a big factor, I'm just confused as to how that works...

and the User name colours. do premium members get to change that? or does that only apply to people in groups?

SleepyK

It lets you upload a custom avatar just for you.

and user name colors come from different things, not from premium membership.

SleepyK

You PM an admin.

You can PM Gideon about it, but usually it's a better idea to PM McFox, as Gideon is too busy all the time.

PolygonLink

Smash Rookie
It's a shame that the server is so expensive to run that you have to resort to somthing gay like charging people to post attachments, custom avatars, etc. Never have I heard such a thing before I came here. And what do you people have agenst animated avatars anyway?
Agreed. We should ALL be allowed to post attachments and have custom avatars!

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Neither one of those features was ever available at SWF before premium membership. It's trivial to get an account at Photobucket or something and upload the images you want to use there, and if there's a particular avatar that you like, you can send it in when we're petitioning for new avatars so we can add it to the general selection.

Premium membership is first and foremost a way of thanking people who help SWF out. We've never used it as a tool to deprive people of things they used to be able to do or things that are integral to discussion on a message board.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Help With Custom Avatar Problems!!!!

Hey, Kirby King, my premium membership expired within the last week, and as a result my custom avatar stopped showing up in my posts. I was wondering if this was the place to ask, and if not, where should I ask about that?

:)

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Rx-: done.

h1roshi: that's kind of strange. Not sure why that's happening, but if you are interested in getting a premium membership the place to do that in here. I'll try to get that page fixed. Thanks for pointing it out.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about getting a Premium membership, and you said we can do this for only a month as well. Once we get a membership will our custom title and avatar vanish as soon as the membership expires?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Ankoku, so you're the dude that made that thing with Wobbles. Lawl. Let me ask you a few more questions then man.

#1 - How many times can we change our Avatar?

#2 - Can we change our name to Red? (My favourite color)

#3 - We chan change our names right?

#4 - How many times can we change our custom title?

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
#1 - How many times can we change our Avatar?

#2 - Can we change our name to Red? (My favourite color)

#3 - We chan change our names right?

#4 - How many times can we change our custom title?
1) You can change it as many times as you want while you're a premium member.

2) The red color is for mods, blue is for tournament directors, orange is for writers, etc.

3) You can request to have your name changed only once.

4) Same as #1.

S2

Smash Lord
I just want to say thank you to the admins and mods for extending the premium memberships by 3 months.

Its a really kind gesture.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, when I go into my profile and mouse-over the mushroom instead of telling me that I am a premium member is says that I am a BRoomer. Do you know why Kirby? I understand that the back room is only for established members with a history of good posts... I was just thinking that there must be some sort of labeling problem here and I was going to let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom