• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prayers of Pit

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It might've been said already, as I didn't stay up last night and I've been busy all day, but: yawn.

I'm so sick of adventure mode updates and pre-rendered cinematic videos.

The Subspace Emissary, at this point, is trying to get hyped so much that it's actually becoming un-hyped for me. I'd rather they shut up about it and let us see it for ourselves when the game comes out. Seeing these cinematics won't be nearly as breathtaking now when it does.

Where's the gameplay footage? I've managed to find something to smile about in the video updates so far - even last night's; I loved how they showed Palutena giving Pit his new weapon, and even his plummet through the clouds was kind of neat. But I don't get as much excitement from pre-rendered cinematics than I would from actual gameplay footage. And some characters and stages entirely deserve it (Diddy Kong, WarioWare).

Hopefully this clears the way for the rest of the updates this week to be way more significant.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i feel as though i should slap you...
lol leave him alone. You can't blame him. I was wondering who the hell was Pit, since back in the NES days, the top selling games were Mario series, Zelda series, and Mega Man series. I bet we questioned ourselves when Ness, Marth, and Roy first came into the picture. XD

PRINCESS PEACH 777 - now, you have to learn to sit back and take a couple of sarcastic jokes one time after another. If someone says 'I feel as though I should slap you' you're suppose to say something like 'No way, that's my Peach's job. Her Fthrow pwns XD.' Just remember, no one's serious.

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'm done whining about updates. As long as the updates are about Brawl, it's fine with me. At least it gives us something to talk about day by day.

I think these cinematics are going to add a lot to the story mode, so they are an important part. I'll venture to say that the characters will most likely remain mute throughout them, but they're nice all the same.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
Rocking
can you please stay in the topic
like hello why would he slap me for a stupid thing
once again please stay in the topic:)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Well, Subspace Emissary is pretty much the only thing that can be "ruined" by spoilage... so if those weren't updated, it would be nice. I appreciate him updating it, though... I can't help looking. lol.

Talendime

Smash Ace
That makes it seem like she didn't intend on making a joke >.>
Anyways, I've got a new version of the video. It's a lot better in my opinion, lol.

YouTube this time B)
Clicky!

I was expecting the camera to stop and to hear a loud thud or big splash as if Pit were performing a Nestea Plunge when he fell backwards, and that would've REALLY made me laugh.
That video was alright though.

PS. If people see that there is a new video, and they don't want the game to be 'spoiled', they can just choose not to click the play button..

Armagopalypse

Smash Journeyman
I think these cinematics are going to add a lot to the story mode, so they are an important part. I'll venture to say that the characters will most likely remain mute throughout them, but they're nice all the same.
This update made me realize something... little/No voice acting :(

lol deja vu anyone? :p

Yeah, right now the thing that I'm most hyped up about is subspace, and like it's been said it seems it's the thing they're most ready to spill the beans on. You'd think this would be somehthing they'd keep us in the dark about at least until around October or so.

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
Ever thought that Pit is an Angel, but he doesnt have a Halo above his head but he has two halos on his wrist? when he touched the Blade those two halos popped out of nowhere the Blade must be a saint or something...lets give it a name..

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
PS. If people see that there is a new video, and they don't want the game to be 'spoiled', they can just choose not to click the play button..
It's not so much that I want to avoid spoilers, there's just other things they could be giving us before release. Stages are another thing.. I wouldn't mind waiting for release to see them, as I've said in the WarioWare thread, some of the gimmicky stages just look lame until we see them in action for ourselves.

This update made me realize something... little/No voice acting :(
I'm not that surprised. Especially with heroes, Nintendo tends to avoid giving them lines so that the player can feel like they are the hero.

Also, without lines, they don't have to spend extra time delaying the game between different country releases.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm not that surprised. Especially with heroes, Nintendo tends to avoid giving them lines so that the player can feel like they are the hero.

Also, without lines, they don't have to spend extra time delaying the game between different country releases.
Yeah, but it'd be kickass to hear an italian plumber speak japanese. :p

Also, none of the characters really had lines, especially Link. I remember in a interview somewhere that they didn't made Link talk because they wanted the players to picture a voice for Link. same reason why they let him choose a name for all the Link games, they want you to BE Link.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever thought that Pit is an Angel, but he doesnt have a Halo above his head but he has two halos on his wrist? when he touched the Blade those two halos popped out of nowhere the Blade must be a saint or something...lets give it a name..
You know nothing of pit...do you?

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
Let's name it Bob the savior XDXDXD!!!

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Pit = Link + A Different Kind of Awesome

So it looks like (from the beginning of the video) that the stadium indeed gets sucked into the other dimension.

I think that if Kirby saves one of the Princesses, then Kirby an her will escape and the other with Petey will get sucked into the other dimension.

If someone else said this before, I apologize. Its late, and I don't want to read.

Five bucks says that Pit falls past StarFox's ship, which is already in an intense battle.

VA

Smash Hero
Has anyone noticed Pit's abnormally long **** thumb? It's like halfway through the video and some awful graphics right there.

feelxmyxwrath

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Probably fox. If Ridleys a boss (Like I assume him to be) then him hitting Pit would be perfect! He would then plummet onto the great fox, Samus' ship soars past the fox after Ridley.
Boss #2 Ridley!!!

Wreked

Smash Lord
Yeah. Probably fox. If Ridleys a boss (Like I assume him to be) then him hitting Pit would be perfect! He would then plummet onto the great fox, Samus' ship soars past the fox after Ridley.
Boss #2 Ridley!!!
Then after you beat him you unlock him, right?

Top Bottom