• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PowerPlay/INNsomnia - Jan 16 - Memphis

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, Jack. I plan on watching the livestream on and off all weekend. Good luck man. :D

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I'm likely not going to show. Tony can't get off work, and there is a grappling tournament going on at the gym that I should attend.

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Spaceballs- I'ma bring internet and a laptop specifically for the livestream. Good luck!

As a side note, me and some friends scoped out this place the other day, and it's quite hip. Totally copped a copy of Berenstain Bears Camping Adventure for Genesis ^__^ Setups are gonna be needed, though, as the tv's in the back look like they'll lag the bejesus outta Smash. >___<

Mookie- NOOOOOO!!! Question: If this is a grappling tournament, are you going to h4x0rz grab someone?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
CCCP- I noticed a slight lag, but its not as bad you'd think. I've seen much worse at least. Also, I wish I was there when you were. We could played for a bit. Oh well. I'll see you at the tourny though.

~Toast

G. Vice

Smash Lord
CCCP- I noticed a slight lag, but its not as bad you'd think. I've seen much worse at least. Also, I wish I was there when you were. We could played for a bit. Oh well. I'll see you at the tourny though.

~Toast
Toast, you'll be coming down to Arkansas biweeklies every so often in the future correct??

Nite

Smash Champion
Cyrain, where'd you come from, buddy? <3

Toast- I'm glad to see someone in the area interested in Melee. After Brawl came out, I don't see too many new faces. We'll definitely play this weekend.

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
G. Vice- I will indeed be coming to most of the bi weeklies in the future. I can't wait.
Nite- Yeah I sorta stopped playing when Brawl came out because I didn't like Brawl much, and no one played melee anymore around me. When Power Play opened, I saw the game again, and thought I'd get back into it. Still couldn't find people, and that's when I remembered Smashboards. And... here am I am.

~Toast

G. Vice

Smash Lord
G. Vice- I will indeed be coming to most of the bi weeklies in the future. I can't wait.
Nite- Yeah I sorta stopped playing when Brawl came out because I didn't like Brawl much, and no one played melee anymore around me. When Power Play opened, I saw the game again, and thought I'd get back into it. Still couldn't find people, and that's when I remembered Smashboards. And... here am I am.

~Toast
I can't wait either :D

Good luck to everyone this weekend, I hope you guys have a blast!

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mookie- NOOOOOO!!! Question: If this is a grappling tournament, are you going to h4x0rz grab someone?
I wish. I just started this stuff lol. I'm going to the tournament to watch and learn stuff.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I wish. I just started this stuff lol. I'm going to the tournament to watch and learn stuff.
Just chain grab or tilt hax, you'll be auto-pro.

I agree with the Chick-Fil-A on Sunday thing. Happens to me at work alllll the time (doesn't matter now because my lunch break is after they close, sigh)

I'm actually thinking about entering the tourney this time. I haven't in the last several I hosted, I think the last time I smashed was in one of the biweeklies before the last big INN... maybe year 1/2 since I've got a match in? Should be interesting >.>

WheelieRider

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I read about this on Power Play's site. I have a gamecube memory card, but I don't think I have all the stages unlocked. Should I still bring it?

Also I have a couple 13" CRT TVs and a cube. Bring all that too?

Anyway, I guess I'll see everyone there!

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I read about this on Power Play's site. I have a gamecube memory card, but I don't think I have all the stages unlocked. Should I still bring it?

Also I have a couple 13" CRT TVs and a cube. Bring all that too?

Anyway, I guess I'll see everyone there!
Hiyas WheelieRider. Setups are always welcomed. As far as a memory card goes, I can copy my data to your memory card, so you'll have everything unlocked. Also, I'll be there at 12PM so if anyone wants to come early to practice, setup, etc, feel free to do so. There are other games to play besides Melee.

~Toast

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
I don't, but I visit there often to play smash... well at least I used to. Was gonna go today, but couldn't get a way. I'm sure I'll head up there some time soon.

~Toast

CCCP

Smash Journeyman
Had fun, guys! Good matches to everyone I played, also, good shiz Runmates. Best crew evar <3

Zane- You are magical.

Ambix

Smash Ace
I had a lot of fun at this. Looking forward to more and possibly INN 6.

Nite summoned exploading apples to put me out of the tournament >_<

EDIT: Thanks again zane for getting me to I-55.

I actually almost had a spin out on the ramp because I forgot to reduce my speed.

Wasn't fun.

WheelieRider

Smash Rookie
1. Iori / WT Snacks - $50 gift card
2. Nite - $30 gift card
3. Ambix - $20 gift card
4. Wheelie Rider - Nothing T-T
5. CO
5. ?
7. Toast
7. ?

SLink was in there somewhere.

23 total entrants.

GG's everyone.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
1. Iori / WT Snacks - $50 gift card
2. Nite - $30 gift card
3. Ambix - $20 gift card
4. Wheelie Rider - Nothing T-T
5. CO
5. ?
7. Toast
7. ?

SLink was in there somewhere.

23 total entrants.

GG's everyone.
Ahhh I was wondering where Iori was. I hadn't seen him up in the pools info on Pound. GGs ^^

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
This was a lot of fun, but I was pissed about the lag. It may not seem to bad at first but I was in a rage trying to pull off certain moves.

Overall, I won't complain. Old friends and new players always equals a good time.

The other fifth should have been SLinky and the other seventh was Jonathon(the Black Ghost).

Nite

Smash Champion
Yea, the laggy TVs sucked. I luckily was able to play most of my matches on the non-laggy tvs that we brought.

Had some good matches though. :D I was coming for you, Iori.

Toast- Good playing you man. Hope you decide to keep playing and learn some melee. Hit me up whenever to get some practice sessions.

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I'll do that. Now that I'm playing competitively again, I've been practicing my butt off. No classes this semester also helps. I had a lot of fun, and hope to do it again real soon. I'm coming for you Nite ^ ^

~Toast

Handorin

Smash Hero
Any word on the next one? I'd love to go, but I need to make sure I ask off.

Top Bottom