• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power Shield Canceling (PSC) New AT!

Jonas

Smash Champion
Afaik fresh moves' base damage is multiplied by 1.something in group mode, but only 1 in training mode where they don't stale. Does this affect shield stun?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Fresh tornado with B being tapped

1 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
2 - Shield Hitlag
3 - Shield Hitlag
4 - Shield Hitlag
5 - Shield Hitlag
6 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
7 - Shield Hitlag
8 - Shield Hitlag
9 - Shield Hitlag
10 - Shield Hitlag
11 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
12 - Shield Hitlag
13 - Shield Hitlag
14 - Shield Hitlag
15 - Shield Hitlag

Stale tornado with B being tapped

1 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 - Tornado hits/Shield Hitlag
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -

Even though you get shield hitlag every frame in fresh tornado, you are not stuck in it the entire time. Each hit of tornado gives 5 frames of hitlag. After the 5th frame of hitlag is the only time you can do something before the new hitlag from the next hit starts. The only useful thing you can do is UpB OoS if it has invincibility on the first frame.
So if the hits are 5 frames apart, wouldn't that mean you can't grab with a 6 frame grab even if you PS? I frame tested it myself with IC's and couldn't PS to grab a nado. I didn't test other characters though, and we do have video evidence of characters grabbing the nado. I also have video documentation of IC's DASH grabbing through nado via DSG. Which is weird to me because there dash grab is longer in startup time.

Yikarur

Smash Master
the intervalls between hits are smaller when B is being tapped and larger if you don't tap B, means you can grab into it Tornado doesn't input B.
The Last hit of the tornado and the "end of tornado" hit are about 10 frames or more apart.
If you test it yourself you can accidently hit these frames and can even ftilt with Diddy "through" the tornado because you was too slow.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
the intervalls between hits are smaller when B is being tapped and larger if you don't tap B, means you can grab into it Tornado doesn't input B.
The Last hit of the tornado and the "end of tornado" hit are about 10 frames or more apart.
If you test it yourself you can accidently hit these frames and can even ftilt with Diddy "through" the tornado because you was too slow.
When I did it in training mode(No Staleing) I did it with optimum b pressing so MK didn't go over the character he was fighting and miss them and I was still able to hit him.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
how fast does a move need to be for you to PSC into it. not just to hit people out of tornado but just as a general oos response when you powershield?

I keep trying to do it with Peach's ftilt but nothing comes out or I think I just do it wrong when the ftilt does come out. Her ftilt is only 6 frames so I know it works but how do I make the tilt come out?

what do I press and how do I press it?

edit: lmao i did it right the very first try after I posted this but I'm still failing, help me out gimr. ;o

Yikarur

Smash Master
how fast does a move need to be for you to PSC into it. not just to hit people out of tornado but just as a general oos response when you powershield?

I keep trying to do it with Peach's ftilt but nothing comes out or I think I just do it wrong when the ftilt does come out. Her ftilt is only 6 frames so I know it works but how do I make the tilt come out?

what do I press and how do I press it?

edit: lmao i did it right the very first try after I posted this but I'm still failing, help me out gimr. ;o
following the thread is helpful.
if the MK is pressing B you have time until the fifth frame
with frame one being the hit, frame 5 being the next hit.
You can hit through the tornado here with a frame 3 or faster move or a frame 4 move that is strong enough (the hitbox clashes with tornado)

If the MK isn't pressing B then you have time until the seventh frames
first frame is hit, seventh frame the next hit.
You can hit through the tornado with a frame 5 or faster move or a frame 6 move that is strong enough OR a Grab because of Grab Armor.

if the Tornado is fresh that concept doesn't work that way because of hitlag and shieldstun.

PZ

Smash Lord
I guess apparently its not possible to PSC with Link? :(
Dude every1 can PSC except yoshi<.<

Wut I do to see if I PSC is use z to jab or tilt. If you end up grabbing you didn't PSC but I guess you could use the analog stick n a. Im just saying its easier for me with z.

Top Bottom