• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power Play (Northern NJ Singles and Doubles) Results Thead

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
fgt *** wyatt took my second place that NOOOB

this place was realllly chill the venue is nice and close tourny ended soon it was so chill. ally is a real cool normal guy lol

daisho - thanks for the 5 bucks ;) dk punch does not work irl
ether- sorry i suck at teams LOL

btw me and ether established that females are HUGE CAMPERS they never approuch

diem- lolololol <3 this guy. side b outa shield, off the ledge, into the blast zone ftw. total **** to olivia (subway girl <3)

kings and allied have to win a doubles tourny one day

yes!- MOB all dai

orion- better than me!

kai - XD sonic > me
any other character u will ever play < my mk.

come pract with me sometime

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
That is what it is then. Legit *** answer Kai.

Dan, not everyone is carefree with their wallets.
No one is saying to be carefree with your wallet. If you are going to enter tourneys solely with the intent of winning money, then fine. In your instance, I have no beef, because I know you only play Brawl when you think there's money in it, which is completely okay. You don't like this game, fine. Still, announcing, "I'm not entering because ADHD is," multiple times in a way that makes it a bandwagon idea is pretty lame. If you're not going to enter, just don't. I mean, from what you've said to me already, you don't think you could beat me in tourney right now, and you don't think you could beat Ally, so you weren't winning any money at this ANYWAY. You didn't have to blame it on ADHD. It's just another example of the hate I'm talking about.

He's just a kid, he's sick, and he had to sleep in the back of a freezing cold car the previous night, while suffering you, Trevor, and Elliot giving him **** all weekend starting on Friday. Yeah I was pissed at him for making me 5 hours late to Spam's place Thursday night, and yeah, we plotted to make the car ride miserable on the way to Drexel, but I mean, ADHD is a funny guy once you get used to his style. You guys didn't really give him a chance. It's me, you, Trevor, and Elliot in a car. We're all pretty close, and great friends. Do you honestly think he'd feel totally comfortable, and be the easiest person to meld in? I'm SURE you've struggled to fit in certain situations in the past. It's not like he was annoying or anything of the sort.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yo for real, Pierce just brought up a ton of legit points.
Yes, Atomsk and Pierce (especially) were coaching the hell out of you against me on Sat. Don't worry though, I didn't mind. I think coaching should be legal.
Kai complaining about Diddy when he practically mains him is crazy stupid.

People need to step it up and not be afraid to enter events just cause whoever there is good. I don't get people who travel to tournies and not enter. They aren't supposed to be Day Care for smashers, place is supposed to be a competition. Lay down the cash and fight for your pride and get the best placement you can. Stop being wussies if you don't think you can win money. What about all the scrubs that enter tourney after tourney and don't win anything, and those of you lucky enough to profit off of their winnings? How does that make you feel when you think about it?

Maybe smashers wouldn't be so broke if half of you out there got legit jobs, learned some money management, and if the community didn't hold multiple events every single weekend in the same regions.

To answer Pierce's question on the last page about ADHD and I getting 3rd, we lost to P~S and Boss twice. Unfortunately we didn't get a shot at you and Ally :(
Not to downplay ADHD, but something happened with him vs P~S and Boss over the weekend. He lost to them with Hat as well, not just me. In the past 2 weeks I've faced P~S and Boss in four sets, twice with ADHD, once with Xzax, and once with Smurf. Surprisingly I by far did the best with Xzax, and around the same with Smurf and ADHD. That's matchups for ya. Unfortunately we didn't go on the **** spree we did at Restricted Area, it would have been too much for the venue to handle lol.

I still don't udnerstand what people have against coaching. It's still the one and only player that is holding the controller and performing the actions. The only real difference between in match coaching and between match is that a coach can help you keep your cool and help YOU play properly. Xzax and .com helped coach me against Umbra at BR2 and it helped. But still who beat Umbra? I did. And I didn't hear any johns from him.

And people have got to stop with all the ADHD and Diddy hate. In a game with MKs and Snakes and ICs your going to complain about Diddy Kong? There's so much broken crap in this game that people have to deal with, and Diddy isn't even leading the pack in the lame tactic division either imo. So now that M2k moved out, is it just that people have to hate on ADHD now that he's the best?

People need to learn some state pride, cheer on their friends, man up with competition, not get sick, not give a **** about coaching and either get yourself a coach or play up to par, and most importantly - stop complaining about everything on the internet instead of in person.

ADHD

Smash Hero
1) Illnesses are contagious before symptoms show, not after, and it takes a week for symptoms to show, therefore Atomsk got no one sick.

2) Dan, you told him how to win.

3) I didn't know coaching happened in other sets with other people. I think it's bull****.

4) Wyatt isn't fun to have around to be honest. I'll take him places and play him, but that's about it. Ally is a cool guy, down to earth, not awkward, and hilarious.

5) My wallet doesn't give a crap as to who the state champ is. I have expenses. I can't afford to lose, and if my chances at winning are bad, I won't bother. I'll enter a tourney if I feel like I have a chance. This time was different because I wanted another shot at Kai. Kai and I were talking about Wyatt showing up to this. He said he wasn't gonna enter, so I had no reason to enter.
What a truly biased, and stupid post. Okay, trash talking is bad, but you were doing it to me as well during the set. No, dan didn't remotely tell me how to win, in case you didn't notice I was the one playing. If people can simply tell people how to win agaist ally, would he be winning anything... ever? I love trevor, and I don't mind that he got me sick, but we have the exact same symptoms currently. Is this merely a coincidence? And thanks for letting me sleep in a FREEZING COLD car while ally sleeps indoors with a cozy wool blanket, jerk.

I love you allied <3

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
Yo truth...Falcon dittos?
Yes!...please tell me what have I done to you that was so horrible that you want to challenge me to this? Please let me know, because I will NEVER do it again. Why do you feel the need to utterly destroy me in this game? Giving me no hope on to ever touching this game again. The thought of facing you in Falcon dittos is too much for my mind to bear (omg the ****) . No,Thank you.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
loool i'm not unbeatable xD kai beat me in ditto mms yesterday

speaking of which, your falcon was surprisingly impressive kai xD

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yo for real, Pierce just brought up a ton of legit points.
Yes, Atomsk and Pierce (especially) were coaching the hell out of you against me on Sat. Don't worry though, I didn't mind. I think coaching should be legal.
Kai complaining about Diddy when he practically mains him is crazy stupid.

People need to step it up and not be afraid to enter events just cause whoever there is good. I don't get people who travel to tournies and not enter. They aren't supposed to be Day Care for smashers, place is supposed to be a competition. Lay down the cash and fight for your pride and get the best placement you can. Stop being wussies if you don't think you can win money. What about all the scrubs that enter tourney after tourney and don't win anything, and those of you lucky enough to profit off of their winnings? How does that make you feel when you think about it?

Maybe smashers wouldn't be so broke if half of you out there got legit jobs, learned some money management, and if the community didn't hold multiple events every single weekend in the same regions.

To answer Pierce's question on the last page about ADHD and I getting 3rd, we lost to P~S and Boss twice. Unfortunately we didn't get a shot at you and Ally :(
Not to downplay ADHD, but something happened with him vs P~S and Boss over the weekend. He lost to them with Hat as well, not just me. In the past 2 weeks I've faced P~S and Boss in four sets, twice with ADHD, once with Xzax, and once with Smurf. Surprisingly I by far did the best with Xzax, and around the same with Smurf and ADHD. That's matchups for ya. Unfortunately we didn't go on the **** spree we did at Restricted Area, it would have been too much for the venue to handle lol.

I still don't udnerstand what people have against coaching. It's still the one and only player that is holding the controller and performing the actions. The only real difference between in match coaching and between match is that a coach can help you keep your cool and help YOU play properly. Xzax and .com helped coach me against Umbra at BR2 and it helped. But still who beat Umbra? I did. And I didn't hear any johns from him.

And people have got to stop with all the ADHD and Diddy hate. In a game with MKs and Snakes and ICs your going to complain about Diddy Kong? There's so much broken crap in this game that people have to deal with, and Diddy isn't even leading the pack in the lame tactic division either imo. So now that M2k moved out, is it just that people have to hate on ADHD now that he's the best?

People need to learn some state pride, cheer on their friends, man up with competition, not get sick, not give a **** about coaching and either get yourself a coach or play up to par, and most importantly - stop complaining about everything on the internet instead of in person.
I already addressed all of this but I'll repeat myself.

Diddy is one of my mains. YES HE IS! There is no denying it. Guess what else? HE'S ANNOYING. What difference does it make if I main him and still find him to be annoying to play against??? Who the hell likes tripping??

I have college and a personal life to worry about other than smash. I can't waste money every weekend with 0 incentive.

Diddy is more annoying than snake. It is personal preference. Just bc yours may be different, it has nothing to do with ours.

Edit: Thx yes......I'll never land a falcon punch though lol

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
@ The_Truth
You just made me LOL. If I didn't just get a new sig . . .

@ Chibo
Good ****.

@ Kai
I think Chibo was typing that up and hadn't yet seen your post. Like I said, legit stuff.

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
loool i'm not unbeatable xD kai beat me in ditto mms yesterday
speaking of which, your falcon was surprisingly impressive kai xD

I think theres a word for that. You know...When a player is not playing at his best... not really trying...doesn't care...come on it starts with an S...First word is that thing at the beach...

Eh w.e. I'm rambling.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i didnt see any of the recent posts b4 it when i typed it. it took a bit to type and had to help out a couple ppl with comp problems in between typing it

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

I think theres a word for that. You know...When a player is not playing at his best... not really trying...doesn't care...come on it starts with an S...First word is that thing at the beach...

Eh w.e. I'm rambling.
He's right Yes!. Every time you've seen my falcon I was playing badly to lure you into 2 $1 mm's. My evil scheme has worked.

MWHHAhA:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Truth...

Smash Apprentice
@ The_Truth
You just made me LOL. If I didn't just get a new sig . . .

@ Chibo
Good ****.

@ Kai
I think Chibo was typing that up and hadn't yet seen your post. Like I said, legit stuff.

**** YES!!!!!!

That's what I'm TALKIN ABOUT!! I was trying to make you at LEAST giggle! Lmao
And ****! I guess I'll have to do something better so you can sig it next time ;)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Pierce no offense but what if Neo started pointing out how to beat Marth during a match while you're playing me? Pretty sure you'd get very pissy sir. Don't say that your tips didn't help at all, IT IS MY PLAYSTYLE. Don't try to defend ADHD, he's not smart, otherwise he'd win alone. and him being sick? He was in perfect shape for trashtalking though LOL. Idc anyhow I was trashtalking and laughing most of the time.

AllyKnight

Basically, since Ally was with him the whole time, he won MUCH less money as he would have normally. On the same train of thought, had I left him at home, I would've won more money, possibly caring enough to take second at PPG, and placing third at DSO. Unfortunately, it seems I'm the only person who doesn't think it's all about the money.
It's not what you told me on our way back from PPG, pretty sure I heard 'I'll play for money because it's the only way I can get better'. Gosh I hate arguing against you, you're smart and all but also ignorant.

And ****ing also, im ****ing tired of giving **** to ADHD, he doesnt even ****ing say THANKS. wtf am I? grandpa monkeyman.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
LMAO, I knew Diddy mains would be hyped over this.
Reminds me of when Sonic mains were happy about Sonic being considered Mid tier on the new list. Meanwhile I was like......so you're happy a bad character who happens to be your main will now be banned in Low Tier tournaments everywhere except NJ???? Yay???

AllyKnight

Man up with competition? That's why you ban MK?:laugh: And coaching helps more than you think, if I coached you vs Meep, you would have won, u just dont know how to KILL Nana don't you? just fly, nair, repeat till she's too high and dies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Man up with competition? That's why you ban MK?:laugh: And coaching helps more than you think, if I coached you vs Meep, you would have won, u just dont know how to KILL Nana don't you? just fly, nair, repeat till she's too high and dies.
Then why does NL's coaching against me never work. Get over it, pierce will be sitting next to me at Kosha and he won't say a word. It's his mere presence that makes me play smarter, it's not what he's saying.

AllyKnight

Then why does NL's coaching against me never work. Get over it, pierce will be sitting next to me at Kosha and he won't say a word. It's his mere presence that makes me play smarter, it's not what he's saying.
Idiot, At Gauntlet, the only reason I won is because NL told me to put ur bananas AWAY on platforms or stuff that ACTUALLY WORKED, on the LAST match of the last set. now you have kinda adapted to it but my point is, YOU changed your playstyle. Gg. Goback2school lulz.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Idiot, At Gauntlet, the only reason I won is because NL told me to put ur bananas AWAY on platforms or stuff that ACTUALLY WORKED, on the LAST match of the last set. now you have kinda adapted to it but my point is, YOU changed your playstyle. Gg. Goback2school lulz.
A good player should be able to adapt or handle any situation. Coaching or not, what's your point? Good to know you don't care about this tournament, but yet are posting all this to cover your insecurity to the public about losing.

AllyKnight

I don't know why ADHD is even posting, you never make sense or never have ANYTHING to back up why Snake is BROKEN and stuff, yet when we prove you how your bananas are stupid and effective, you deny everything, I do not care about this tourney, and like Kai said, you don't even need to figure it out, you already know it thanks for Pierce. Guess that makes you a bad player if I read your last post? Get ***** LOL.

Oh and Pierce won, not you, lol + I think I beat you enough this weekend (u didnt even get me to 2nd set in BSO and BR2) you probably were used to my style by then. it's why I don't care. haha ^^

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Pierce no offense but what if Neo started pointing out how to beat Marth during a match while you're playing me? Pretty sure you'd get very pissy sir. Don't say that your tips didn't help at all, IT IS MY PLAYSTYLE. Don't try to defend ADHD, he's not smart, otherwise he'd win alone. and him being sick? He was in perfect shape for trashtalking though LOL. Idc anyhow I was trashtalking and laughing most of the time.
If Neo coached you over me, I'd be hurt because Nathanial doesn't even know you and he and I are good friends. I wouldn't say that Neo won, and not Ally, because I respect you. I would agree that Neo helped to give you an edge, but I wouldn't dare disrespect you and take the victory away from you, the same way I still respect Jash. Honestly, it's your posts that make me the most upset because I expected better from you. It's SO rude to ADHD for you to have said what you said earlier, and take his victory away from him. Honestly, I'm going to sit next to him at Kosha and not say a word, and when he wins, it will be done.

Also, I've helped to teach you how to fight Marth personally. I don't hide anything from you. It's not my style. I WANTED you to beat Mike Haze, remember? I definitely would've been giving you pointers if I was there with you at Tourneyplay.

For you to say that I helped give him a slight edge, or helped him win is one thing. For you to disrespect his skill, effort, and accomplishment, and say that it doesn't matter, and try to downplay your loss is extremely uncharacteristic of you.

ADHD is pretty **** smart. He figured out to glide toss back and throw the banana down to counter dash attack before I thought of that solution, and got free Fsmashes because of it. He's always given you a challenge.

How is telling him to spot dodge the last hit of Nair giving away your playstyle?

It's not what you told me on our way back from PPG, pretty sure I heard 'I'll play for money because it's the only way I can get better'. Gosh I hate arguing against you, you're smart and all but also ignorant.
I would love to refute whatever point you are trying to make here, but honestly, I have no idea what you're talking about. I believe we were having a conversation about how my mood changed when we were playing, because I needed to use a different mentality and see if it would help me win, and I channeled anger into effective gameplay.

When I was on the phone with Trevor last night, I admitted to understanding how you guys felt when you rooted against your friends in the hopes that you would have easier matches, because at the end of the day your friends would forgive you but your wallet would be thicker, and I rooted with you against ADHD and Hat, because they gave us so much trouble in winners finals at BRII and Boss and P~S were much easier the day before at DSO. Howeveer, I also said that I was disgusted with myself for even thinking that, and I should cheer on ADHD anyway, because he's my friend (so are Hat, and Boss, and P~S, but not to the degree of Wyatt.) I should just cheer on my friends, and hope that we have a good match when it comes, and try my hardest to win.

I understand you being upset that I did help Wyatt beat you. My beef comes with you disrespecting him though.

I love Brawl. I don't play this game for money, and I don't WANT to relate to those of you that do. I play because I have fun, and I want to improve, and I compete because I enjoy the challenge. I'm a good player (lower A-class atm) and I enjoy fighting you and ADHD and Atomsk because you're all better than me, and I want to catch up to your level of skill. And when I win, it will be precious to me, because I respect you all as players.

I've ALWAYS held the opinion that I hate playing for money, but I do it because seemingly that's the only thing that motivates other people to try. I was disgusted with myself for sandbagging all of my friendlies after I got knocked out of BRII, but I was tired and wanted to leave.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
@ Daisho: I don't think DK beats Wolf. I think it was more of me being outplayed, than a character disadvantage. I lost stocks to weird stuff, like getting planted by SideB, Fthrow grab release to downsmash(doesn't actually work), knowing you would upair, but getting hit anyway, because I thought I would land on the platform in time to shield, getting hit by grounded upBs(extremely unsafe) and taking massive damage etc. I also failed to just shield Bair and punish them, Wolf being one of the few characters in the game with the range and speed to do this.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I don't know why ADHD is even posting, you never make sense or never have ANYTHING to back up why Snake is BROKEN and stuff, yet when we prove you how your bananas are stupid and effective, you deny everything, I do not care about this tourney, and like Kai said, you don't even need to figure it out, you already know it thanks for Pierce. Guess that makes you a bad player if I read your last post? Get ***** LOL.

Oh and Pierce won, not you, lol + I think I beat you enough this weekend (u didnt even get me to 2nd set in BSO and BR2) you probably were used to my style by then. it's why I don't care. haha ^^
The only thing I think is dumb about diddy is that his bananas randomly trip people a few seconds later when they're not touching the character figure, and that they sometimes slip under shields after they bounce off one. Everything else is defeatable. Do you really want me to list what's wrong with yours? I figured some **** out against you, calm your ego down please.

AllyKnight

Give me a minute pierce, I have much, more to say, and the first thing you said to me when I lost to mikehaze 'HOW CAN YOU LOSE TO HIM, IM DISAPPOINTED' so you're saying MIkehaze shouldnt have won? Way to take his victory away buddy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Give me a minute pierce, I have much, more to say, and the first thing you said to me when I lost to mikehaze 'HOW CAN YOU LOSE TO HIM, IM DISAPPOINTED' so you're saying MIkehaze shouldnt have won? Way to take his victory away buddy.
He's saying that because he wanted to teach you about the char so it doesn't happen again. That's not taking a victory away from him. My god you're so twisted right now, Elliot.

AllyKnight

The only thing I think is dumb about diddy is that his bananas randomly trip people a few seconds later when they're not touching the character figure, and that they sometimes slip under shields after they bounce off one. Everything else is defeatable. Do you really want me to list what's wrong with yours? I figured some **** out against you, calm your ego down please.

Pierce told you what to do. Step back and let pierce talk for you also, you're stupid and don't know ****. Ur banana gives you a safe back. If I roll there, you'll grab me cuz ill trip. Now, if you're holding a banana and that other banana is saving ur back. My options are

1. Try to Ftilt, if 1st hit misses, i get banana *****/gimped/w-e u can do, so many options.
2. If I try to grab and miss, repeat #1
3.if I dodge, u can glide toss the banana between my spotdodge and do #1.

I dont wanna name more but let pierce talk for you.

And you were'nt there when he told me that, so why talk?

Now Pierce, how would you feel if you were constantly training against Snake with someone. You are pumped to beat me and you will show and use what you learned against Snake. Alright now what if that SAME person told me what you're about to do to me and you end up not doing any better or even worst, you'd feel proud of your loss against someone who knows what you're about to do? no and dont say otherwise, I know you, you want to improve and if it's by getting COACHING, sir you are not improving. YOu also lost your teaming priviliege with me. You tell me that you're broke and want to win money this week, I be nice and team with you when I could simply ditch you for M2K or Atomsk (He got sick anyways) and you make me lose (Not this important tourney BUT could have been BR2) this one? Well I still love you and all but I'll go search for other teammates now.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's not even a big tournament and you said you don't care, shut up. Did yo not see me adapting to your rolling and punishing it? Pierce is defending me AS A FRIEND, not talking for me. Pierce didn't say **** more than one thing that I utilized. Okay, your char has problems aginst me? Lol, lets talk about diddy's KO power, and how much grenades affect him.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
WOW! LOLOLOLOLOL! This is a natural thing for me to say to you, seeing as I consider you a close friend, and we were having a PRIVATE UNRECORDED CONVERSATION IN PERSON. I never once said on the boards, "Oh, Ally should've beaten MikeHaze, and Mike just got lucky." THAT would be taking away Mike's victory. In fact, I told Mike good work in beating you. We reviewed the videos and I showed you things you did wrong, and we acknowledged parts where you just made mistakes and choked. That's not taking the victory away from Mike, that's just talking with you about it. Me expecting you to win isn't taking away his victory.

Yesterday, when we were at the venue, you were like how you didn't care, and I chuckled at it, but it's cool to say that, because that's just between me and you in person. Posting it on the boards and publicly announcing to the smash community that they should disregard your loss to ADHD is blatantly rude.

EDIT: It is true that Diddy beats Snake though.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I think that outside trash talk shouldn't be allowed. It is a verbal output that affects the way a player performs mid-match. Discuss.
I also agree with the trash talk. I don't think it should be allowed during a match either, but until there is a rules against it, I'll start bringing headphones to block out that type of annoying commentary.:bee:
This. That is all.

GJ ADHD

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
guys its a 100 $ tourny who cares >_>

pierce i think people like people who dont talk too much, so during your friends matches, and your own its best to just ... play and not think outloud.

what i do like is during friendlies when u correct my mistakes i learn a lot from u bro seriious

adhd dont respond to stupid things people say. i saw how u act towards ally in the car and u think its just playing around saying his chars broken but it gets to him after a while. then when he talks about diddy and bananas u deny all off it, again jokeling but its mad gay to him.

on a brighter note. seph ftw ^_^

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
This. That is all.

GJ ADHD
Well I don't mind it happening to you. I thought it was hilarious when you flip out after losing. I also stated that it takes away from matches so complaining about it isn't gonna do much. Just the extent anyway

Seph- its better to handle it now instead of spamming a national thread.

Wyatt- I gave you credit for your win. Me wanting ally to win more has nothing to do with not giving credit

Top Bottom