• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 4 Matchup Testing

stingers

Smash Obsessed
It works, its good. It wasn't known before, at least to me. I'm sure CO18 has known about it for a year cuz he's ****ing weird

CO18

Smash Hero
It works, its good. It wasn't known before, at least to me. I'm sure CO18 has known about it for a year cuz he's ****ing weird
What???? If anything, youre talking about seibrik. I hardly know **** about anything lol. I just use my instincts

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
yeah beef's good I actually liked his tournament matches videos his playstyle is similar to mine.
I love you all too, no homo. I need to see more of your matches Ling Ling and seeing if our playstyles are actually the same. They may be similar. It would be cool to see that we would have the same playstyles along with us being a white King Dedede :). Got some links to matches I haven't seen before?

And about the technique... I didn't fully understand it but, is it just hopping enough to where we won't get lag, or is it an actual cancel in lag of our down air in which it will look like King Dedede doesn't move when hitting the ground?

Zip.

Smash Lord
I love you all too, no homo. I need to see more of your matches Ling Ling and seeing if our playstyles are actually the same. They may be similar. It would be cool to see that we would have the same playstyles along with us being a white King Dedede :). Got some links to matches I haven't seen before?

And about the technique... I didn't fully understand it but, is it just hopping enough to where we won't get lag, or is it an actual cancel in lag of our down air in which it will look like King Dedede doesn't move when hitting the ground?
You know...you could have just took that to pm's x_x

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice

I'll try to record some of my matches of the next tourney that aren't vs Excel's peach lol

I'll post this short vid so all D3 can see it for themselves

The tech should look something like this

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn242/0LingLing0/?action=view&current=LingLingtech-1.flv

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
word up, thanks for posting ling ling

edit: just figured out how to pull it off! good ****!

∫unk

Smash Master
thats already known ling ling but its good anyway... **** at pound 4! i like your ddd

its useful for ppl whose full hop d-air doesn't hit the smaller characters well... example metaknight.

but you are rarely in a situation where you want to jump in the air while metaknight is on the ground.

watch the japanese ddd's im telling you guys lol they've advanced ddd really far you have to REALLY pay attention to the minute details

example: they'll powershield something on a platform instantly drop and grab someone... you know how amazing that is if you can do that consistently

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Ban Smashville or FD based on your preference, downair OOS as he attempts to go from lazer pressure to grab or a DACUS. CP Brinstar. /cookie cutter advice against Falco. Didn't watch, might want to take it to the Falco boards and see if they see any faults in him.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah I'm reasonably good at the matchup. Basically go for a lot of grabs in the matchup because its our best way of racking damage. If our back is to him Bair OOS into a jump or Dair or something, don't land because its easier punished. Use a lot of Fullhop Dairs (not Dair camping, just use them on the ground OOS), because his fave mixups on the ground are jab and grab and so he will usually jab to test your reaction, if you shield he will cancel it into a grab and if you spotdodge expecting the grab he will just continue the jab. Buffer Dtilt out of his grab. Practice Utilting the phantasm. Its easy when hes recovering but it can be hard to predict when he just IAP's away. DI good and he won't be killing you till 150 with Usmash lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
brinstar is actually a really good falco stage. ACTUALLY people CP me in tournament to brinstar and I PICK falco when I wasn't falco before. i 2 stocked a powerranked wario in NC with falco on brinstar...take him somewhere else unless you're sure the falco doesn't know what he's doing lol

Laem

Smash Champion
the outcome of dedede vs falco is in falco's hands: The more manly he decides to be, the more its likely he's gonna lose.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You shouldn't beat Wario as Falco on Brinstar. I'm sorry but he did it wrong, and I of all people would know lol.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I want to see how to handle the match-up between D3 vs TL. I have trouble with this match-up due to lack of experience, but I also dk what to do exactly besides grab, bair, and etc. I usually have to play Hyro in almost all tourneys, so this would really help me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario vs Dedede

Wario's advantage

Discuss

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
No, overall.

6/4 Wario's favor.

I have a secret.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
If you have to keep it a secret for it to work then it is not a valid matchup ratio and is something that can be countered.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario Chain Grab.

Tested it myself. It is legit.

Troll mode not engaged.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Like I said, tested it and it gets the DMG stamp of approval.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's complicated. Like the way I see it, it's like a Reverse Pivot grab facing forward. Almost as if you stutter step a grab forward, but more complicated than that.

Top Bottom