• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Do you guys think we might get a Bowser Jr reveal as well today since Nintendo's having a Round Table just like Pac-man did at E3?
Maybe, but Pac-Man was a BIG reveal, they need a HUGE character to match that.

Just kidding Ridley fans :3

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I want to see Duck Hunt Dog, although Bowser Jr. seems like his trailer would be cool.
(Although, I think all the character trailers are cool.....)
Honestly, if there are more characters that we haven't seen yet hopefully they show us someone who wasn't unlocked.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Shulk/Dunban/Riki's voices sound weird to me since I played Xenoblade with Japanese audio. Also, if it was Melia instead of Dunban that would be my in-game party. So close...
Mine as well, though I would sometimes switch out Riki for Sharla.

Shulk looks insane. I don't usually care for sword fighters, since I just find them sort of boring compared to a lot of the more unique fighting styles in the game, but I'm really liking what Shulk is shaping up to be like. His "stance" switching in particular has me positively captivated. And his RANGE!

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, I also hope we get another character reveal sometime today/this weekend at PAX. I'm hoping for Bowser Jr. or (PLEASE) Chorus Kids ;w;. But I actually don't know if we'll be seeing anymore trailers, if that potential starting roster is really* our starting roster. The rest could all be secrets with no trailers!

Last edited:

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Um guys let the character select screen speculation run wild, Nintendo's twitter posted this while it may be blurry we can compare some things:

As you can see the names of the characters are displayed, any ordering things different from the leak?
It appears that Nintendo has confirmed they are members of the Original Grumps Masterrace.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I love how Shulk when not attacking, doesn't have his sword out, wouldn't it be better if he kept it out at all times?

It appears that Nintendo has confirmed they are members of the Original Grumps Masterrace.
Classic Grumps will always be the best to me. Jon and Arin were such a perfect duo.

Anyway...if we don't get any announcement at least we might be able to hear about some of the newer characters playstyles.

I love how Shulk when not attacking, doesn't have his sword out, wouldn't it be better if he kept it out at all times?
I like that too, it makes him look a lot more unique compared to the other sword fighters who always have their sword out.

Maybe, but Pac-Man was a BIG reveal, they need a HUGE character to match that.

Just kidding Ridley fans :3

You better be.... ;)

Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I think I remember, near the beginning of Sm4sh's development, hearing Sakurai saying that every character will have a video that you can watch when you buy the game. Not just newcomers, every character. It was supposed to make up for not having a story mode.

I haven't heard anything about this recently, though...so I wonder if it was a mistranslation or they were cut?

Anyways, this leaked roster works for me. I hope to see Dixie and Ridley, but I could live without them. I just really hope Nintendo doesn't tie any characters to owning a New3DS or a WiiU. Except for Ice Climbers, I'd get that. Technical restrictions. But noting else. I have no extra disposable income right now, still raising a newborn and paying for a wedding...but that's offtopic.

I love me some Duck Hunt Dog, as a guy who played Duck Hunt when I was five years old.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
That already grew on me, I think it's a nice little quirk. And thinking about it, seeing Shulk put the sword away in Xenoblade was such a relief moment.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
1). Could be? There could also be a flying banana monster called Borris in the game. I'm not ingoring anything. You're speaking in absolutes and you don't know any more than the rest of us. So cool your jets, buster.

3). Yes he is.

4). I'm not blindly believing anything. There is reason to believe that there are more characters. It's not a simple case of "that's it". I'll take the word of the leakers over some random guy on a random forum any day of the week. Especially when there's evidence suggesting that they're telling the truth on this (as I've outlined).

7). Nah. At this point we're going in circles so believe in what you want. Just don't go spreading your sillyness around too much. Because we've seen the effects of that when it became a common belief that the Gematsu leak was true.
1) No, saying 'ALL-STAR MODE HAS A LOCK ON IT, THERE ARE MORE CHARACTERS' is an absolute. Saying, 'the lock doesn't necessarily mean anything' is inherently NOT an absolute because of the qualifier 'necessarily'.

4) A liar telling you there are more characters with no proof and your own brain disliking the shape of the CSS are not 'reason to believe'.

7) This is, what, the THIRD time you avoided answering the question put forth to you? And to put this thing to rest:

Here is Ninka's original post:
http://i.imgur.com/Ovj68u5.png

Here is the 4Chan leak post:
http://i.imgur.com/unFcxj6.png

Let those dates rattle around inside your head and report back.

lemaskdemasque

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think we might get a Bowser Jr reveal as well today since Nintendo's having a Round Table just like Pac-man did at E3?
Yeah, that'd be good. But when exactly do characters announced during round tables get announced. I always get left out. I missed wiifit trainer 2013 and found out about Pac-man a day later this year! But if there's already no doubt that the leak is real then Bowser jr will seal it.

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
1) No, saying 'ALL-STAR MODE HAS A LOCK ON IT, THERE ARE MORE CHARACTERS' is an absolute. Saying, 'the lock doesn't necessarily mean anything' is inherently NOT an absolute because of the qualifier 'necessarily'.

4) A liar telling you there are more characters with no proof and your own brain disliking the shape of the CSS are not 'reason to believe'.

7) This is, what, the THIRD time you avoided answering the question put forth to you? And to put this thing to rest:

Something tells me that you don't know that in every entry of the Smash series the qualifier for unlocking AllStar mode is by having all characters unlocked. We can safely say that it will be the same in Sm4sh

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

1). You were the one dealing in absolutes. I told you why people believe there are more when you tried getting forcing your baseless opinion on us.

4). Several people who actually have access to information telling me something is more believeable than a random forum dweller saying it. That's the way the world works, babe.

7). That's not the leak I was referring to, I'm pretty sure someone reposted it after. Which is where your second picture comes from, lovey.

At this point, until you start coming up with something better, I'll leave you to your thoughts.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Something tells me that you don't know that in every entry of the Smash series the qualifier for unlocking AllStar mode is by having all characters unlocked. We can safely say that it will be the same in Sm4sh
I refuted this earlier in our discussion.

1). You were the one dealing in absolutes. I told you why people believe there are more when you tried getting forcing your baseless opinion on us.

4). Several people who actually have access to information telling me something is more believeable than a random forum dweller saying it. That's the way the world works, babe.

7). That's not the leak I was referring to, I'm pretty sure someone reposted it after. Which is where your second picture comes from, lovey.

At this point, until you start coming up with something better, I'll leave you to your thoughts.
1) You could copy/paste the quote you were responding to and it would still refute you.

4) Let's agree to disagree. You can ponder the well-known liar without any proof and I'll remain skeptical accompanied by the other ammo that I already unloaded on you.

7) It is. Either find it like I did or admit you were wrong. I posted the original Ninka leak and the original 4Chan leak. That's called evidence. Your unreliable foggy memory does not supersede that.

Last edited:

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
I have come to the conclusion that the leaked roster is the final roster of the game. #TeamSamus #TeamShulk :)

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
This^ I mean, if not, it would spoil the full roster. Or it'd have to update each time you unlock a new char. You could fight through it with only the starting roster and make it easier on yourself, and Sakurai wouldnt want that.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I thought the leaker that mentioned Ridley, Chorus Kids, Mewtwo and Dixie was a phony? Or that it wasn't the initial leaker who leaked The CSS?
I'll would just ignore any text leak without video proof , it gets too confusing.
Regarding the All Star picture, it doesn't disconfirm Ridley, Ganondorf is absent from the Zelda cast.
There was another (text) leak around the Ninka leak that said Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and the Chorus Kids so we have no idea if he's lying or not because we never heard of him again. So basically the CSS leaker only said those to **** with us but we do not know if it's true though because, as I said the original leaker of those names completely vanished.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Depends of if Sakurai desides to reveal another Veteran/Newcomer before the 13th. :troll:
Also, I am DISAPPOINTED at how Shulk's trailer doesn't have R.O.B.

It'd be hilarious, him cutting through Mechon like noone's business but the Monado just bounces off R.O.B. sorta like a *dink* while R.O.B. looks at Shulk like "Pardon me, my good chap, but what kind of fancy new-fangled stick did you just hit my glorious plastic material with? That was rather unsanitary." But he can't speak so don't mind him and Shulk is just like "What kind of Mechon is this?"

Missed opportunity.
Nah; Sakurai capitalized on Shulks trailer by making it as lackluster as possible.

But I've said my piece on that, the junior players in the Shulk thread have given me a full out loathing towards fans of the character which I will not allow to let me cloud my judgment of the character himself, and I will just bask in my own astuteness later on when I am correct, yet again.

I think this is the most bitter I have ever been on these forums.

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
This^ I mean, if not, it would spoil the full roster. Or it'd have to update each time you unlock a new char. You could fight through it with only the starting roster and make it easier on yourself, and Sakurai wouldnt want that.
Okay, for those of you catching a debate right in the middle:

There is a lock on All-Star mode. But this comes from a video with footage randomly assembled in development. In one of the screens it says 16 trophies are unlocked, in another it has several hundreds. The part with the lock on it could just be from early footage while the CSS is from later footage. It's all randomly shot; it doesn't mean anything. Or it could simply be a debug mode that Nintendo used to compile their footage. It wasn't meant to be seen and dissected like normal footage, after all.

So the lock isn't a firm confirmation of anything.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Nope! Kojima was basically begging Sakurai to put Snake in Sm4sh in a live stream a few months ago.
If that's true maybe the begging was just Kojima trolling with us becaus Snake is in Sm4sh... or maybe he is really not and he really begged for it because Sonic got another shot so why not Snake?

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Okay, for those of you catching a debate right in the middle:

There is a lock on All-Star mode. But this comes from a video with footage randomly assembled in development. In one of the screens it says 16 trophies are unlocked, in another it has several hundreds. The part with the lock on it could just be from early footage while the CSS is from later footage. It's all randomly shot; it doesn't mean anything. Or it could simply be a debug mode that Nintendo used to compile their footage. It wasn't meant to be seen and dissected like normal footage, after all.

So the lock isn't a firm confirmation of anything.
I know that, i was just saying the reason it's locked until the full roster is unlocked in game is because of the reasons i explained. So, it's possible that it's not the full roster.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Whoops double post, sorry mods, that was an accident. You can delete this if you need to.

Last edited:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Wow, the rumors are true, this forum really is in the middle of a war. C'mon people, All-Star Mode is locked, that enough speaks volumes for everything. Not to mention it's all taken from the same leak, which means it's all taken at the same time, which means that said roster was the current roster when this picture was taken. Ergo, that wasn't the full roster. Can ya all stop yelling at each other now?

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
If that's true maybe the begging was just Kojima trolling with us becaus Snake is in Sm4sh... or maybe he is really not and he really begged for it because Sonic got another shot so why not Snake?
because sega and nintendo are now in a partnership, thats why sonic is still in smash bros. at least, i think it is. as for snake, well, he's a completely different story that you probably understand.

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
So I tried to make a final roster, considering we have five characters left. I also tried to maintain the chronological order of the leaked roster.
I also colored the characters, so you can see exactly when they were created.I took the Japanese Release Dates as a reference, because that is what Sakurai would also do.

So in the leaked roster we would have all bigger series cronological from left to right and top to bottom. Single characters would be used to fill up spaces when there would be not enough space between bigger franchises. I also made a clone section as well as a 3rd party section, just like the leaked roster.

In the first row we have the Mario franchise and it's subseries but without Dr. Mario. I put Bowser Jr. to Bowser and Yoshi behind Rosalina. In the leak i also didn't understand why Rosalina would be before Bowser Jr. with him being in Mario Sunshine and her being in Mario Galaxy for the first time. Yoshi originated in 1991 and Wario in 1994. The last space goes to Mr. Game & Watch, which is also the earliest single character.

The second row begins with Donkey Kong and Diddy and King K. Rool/Dixie, which originated in Donkey Kong Country way after the arcarde Donkey Kong. After that we have Zelda with Link and Zelda originating in 1986 and Shiek and Ganondorf in 1998 in Ocarina of Time. Toon Link originated in 2002 in Wind Waker. Impa is a bit difficult because she originated in Ocarina of Time. I put her on the end because her Skyward Sword form would be used. If we won't get another Zelda character, just imagine the next single character here (Little Mac).

The third row begins with Metroid which originated also in 1986 and is followed by Kid Icarus, which also came out in 1986, but after Metroid. After that we have Fire Emblem, which first game released in 1990, with Ike and Robin originating way after that. Dark Pit and Lucina are in the clone section obviously. After that we have Little Mac, the next "filler" (1984).

The fourth row begins with Kirby (1992) and is followed by Star Fox (1993). The next bigger franchise would be Pokemon but it won't fit so we have the next four single characters. Duck Hunt (1984 after Punch Out), Ice Climbers (1985), R.O.B (1985 after Ice Climber) and Ness (1989 i took the release date of Mother 1 here, Ness originated in 1994 but in Allstar Mode in Brawl, Ness was also before the 1990s characters).

The fifth row begins with Pokemon (1996) and with the first generation with the order in the Pokedex (not sure about Pikachu and Jigglypuff, though), followed by Lucario (2006) and Greninja (2013). Then we have Captain Falcon (1991) ,Olimar (2001) and the Villager (2003).

The last row begins with Wii Fit Trainer (2007), Shulk (2010), and is followed by the clone section with Dr. Mario (1990), Dark Pit (2012) and Lucina (2013). After that we have the 3rd parties with Pac-Man (1980), Mega Man (1987) and Sonic (1991).

Miis have their own spot in a seperate customization window and are not in the CSS.

So, I thought it would be interesting to create a 53 character roster with the chonology in mind and this is what i could come up with. I really think that Sakurai is making his CSS with that in mind, too, so maybe you mind reading it. While it is only speculation, I think it is very interesting to see, when all these characters were invented and which years are very present in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
because sega and nintendo are now in a partnership, thats why sonic is still in smash bros. at least, i think it is. as for snake, well, he's a completely different story that you probably understand.
Yeah I know. Sonic is probably in as a Thank You to Sega for making this contract for 3 exclusive Sonic games for Nintendo while all other consoles(except mobile) got nothing

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the rumors are true, this forum really is in the middle of a war. C'mon people, All-Star Mode is locked, that enough speaks volumes for everything. Not to mention it's all taken from the same leak, which means it's all taken at the same time, which means that said roster was the current roster when this picture was taken. Ergo, that wasn't the full roster. Can ya all stop yelling at each other now?
There are pictures early in the leak with hundreds of trophies unlocked and then later in the leak it shows only a few trophies are unlocked. So the pictures were not taken at the same time in the game's progression.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
There are pictures early in the leak with hundreds of trophies unlocked and then later in the leak it shows only a few trophies are unlocked. So the pictures were not taken at the same time in the game's progression.
The picture was one of the last ones to surface, which proves that if it wasn't taken during the exact same time, it'd be at a later point. Not to mention it's the only mode we've not seen gameplay screenshots of when it comes to the 3DS, which of course eludes to the fact that the leaker had not acquired said game mode yet. That, and the terrible arrangement of the roster means more than enough in that regard.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The most logical thing I can think of is because Snake barely has a history with Nintendo whereas Sonic does. Plus, their deal with Sega probably came into play.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw
okay, theres one screen with 11 trophies, all others have 686 trophies. But still, your argument is valid.

Last edited:

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I think GameExplain mentioned something about 2 P.M. today for the media event. Have we heard anything from any outlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom