• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Alright, I now have to eat my own words. I have never been a fan of paid DLC, but I should've had more faith in Nintendo. They really have encapsulated the spirit of "extra" content that deserves being paid for separately if this DLC for Mario Kart 8 is any indicator, and I'll be buying it. If they package characters/stages together as an "expansion pack" for Smash, I'll also be all over it and happily so.
If anyone is going to do DLC right, it is Nintendo. They are one of the few companies that RESPECTS their consumers.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So is everyone not going to buy smash bros because of the dissapointing roster? It kinda comes off that way, that's why I'm asking
I'm still buying the game here and I'm pretty much happy and satisfied with the roster. But the main thing for me is the gameplay.

If anyone is going to do DLC right, it is Nintendo. They are one of the few companies that RESPECTS their consumers.
Also it seems like the packs will cost £7 each (in UK currency) according to the website.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
you know if the leak turns out to be 100% true I think I'll live I don't know about my main hoped character BD but all in all im going to have fun with this game :D

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Pit was just another Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy, and Ness. Another retro and obscure character who gained popularity and caused a revival of his franchise.
How could Roy be retro? His game hadn't even been released yet!

JPN Melee Release - November 2001
JPN Binding Blade Release - March 2002

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
People saying they won't buy the game over this leak are 9 times out of ten lying.

But man holy crap that MK DLC

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That Mario Kart 8 DLC seriously gives hope for Smash DLC.

As I always say, as long as it's added after the game is finished and the product is great (which Mario Kart 8 is), DLC is welcome.

Raijinken

Smash Master
How could Roy be retro? His game hadn't even been released yet!

JPN Melee Release - November 2001
JPN Binding Blade Release - March 2002
Yea, Marth and Roy don't really belong on the list. Not even really sure Ness does, Itoi does what he wants. Sonic, though, that guy hadn't had a good game in years til Brawl showed up.

More serious, though, Sheik was retro even when Melee was made. One game and done.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
...hold on so...they bring f****** link there... AND NOT DIDDY KONG? well smash DLC is eh for me on this one.

Last edited:

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
Pit was just another Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, Marth, Roy, and Ness. Another retro and obscure character who gained popularity and caused a revival of his franchise. Palutena makes sense since she's an important character in the Kid Icarus series so I won't argue that. Pittoo I can understand why people would be a little annoyed since he's just there, he's Pit's edgy, dark side, and he's Sakurai's creation.

Also, wouldn't you hold pride and attachment to something you've created? There's a reason why Kojima killed off Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots and wants to end Big Boss's story by himself. Hell, people theorized that Kojima wanted to kill off Metal Gear since Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Just saying, is all.
It just seems ethically wrong to do that though. I may be wrong, but at this point it feels like Smash is made for the consumer base to enjoy. I'm all for people taking artistic liberties with their own projects, but I think Smash is beyond being "Sakurai's little project" at this point. It sort of has an established formula at this point, so any sort of personal spice added to the soup really sticks out.

Pit was fine, and Palutena was alright too (though I think it's weird that her gimmick is "the customizable moveset character", but that's besides the point)

EDIT: "at this point" count: 3 times in the span of 4 sentences :p See what happens when you write slowly?
I'm leaving it because I'm not ashamed, and I want people to remember when they also used to be bad writers!

Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
I believe the roster is not complete, i mean why Dr.Mario, Lucina and dark pit are not together with the character of they series? And where is Mii?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I believe the roster is not complete, i mean why Dr.Mario, Lucina and dark pit are not together with the character of they series? And where is Mii?
here we go *ahem* *breaths in* themiisareinthereownlittlesectioninordertogetthemyouhavetoturncustomizationasfordarkpitdrmarioandlucinahavethereownlittleclonesection. *pants*

edit: Luigi is giving the death stare while Peach isnt looking.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Because the corner where Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Emo Pit are at is the clone corner (Or the corner of characters who were supposed to be alt costumes as someone suggested a few pages back). As for Miis, it's been speculated that they have their own select screen.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I sure hope Captain Falcon is a DLC character for Mario Kart 8.

Though, since this leak is all but proven, I think DLC speculation should be sought after.

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
So is everyone not going to buy smash bros because of the dissapointing roster? It kinda comes off that way, that's why I'm asking
i think it's a bit weird not to.

they've covered all their bases twice over and have some really interesting newcomers. sure there are some clones, but this is a MASSIVE roster already. there were also some unexpected cuts, but how many people were buying the game just to play as lucas (especially in the western world where mother 3 never even officially existed) or wolf? ice climbers i can see, because some people have probably latched their game around playing as them since melee, but even those people probably have some backups and probably never cared that much about ice climbers as characters from their own game anyway.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
The roster isn't complete. It has been stated by the believable leakers, and also there are some obvious inconsistencies. The distribution is very weird, with those three being separated from their franchises and Shulk being down there with the third party reps. The roster will likely sort itself as you unlock characters, just like in Brawl. Also five more slots fit in that leaked CSS, so we'll most likely have up to 5 more characters.

Also, people think there will be a special way to select the Mii Fighters, so they won't have their own slot in the game. I honestly don't know.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand why Sakurai wouldn't want to do DLC characters. I mean, it will give a chance for other characters to get in and Nintendo would make a decent amount of profit from it to make the next Smash whenever that would be, but then again when Sakurai said he wasn't planning on DLC. Maybe he changed his mind this year, plus I'd pay $5 for a character unless they do that Free DLC thing which wouldn't make thing anything.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I still don't understand why Sakurai wouldn't want to do DLC characters. I mean, it will give a chance for other characters to get in and Nintendo would make a decent amount of profit from it to make the next Smash whenever that would be. But then again when Sakurai said he wasn't planning on DLC maybe he changed his mind this year. Plus I'd pay $5 for a character, unless they do that Free DLC thing which wouldn't make thing anything.
It isn't up to Sakurai to have DLC or not. He may or may not want it, but Nintendo will decide if it's a good business decision or not. I'm down for it because more characters, but only if it doesn't add up to be more than the game itself over the years. ;P

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I still don't understand why Sakurai wouldn't want to do DLC characters. I mean, it will give a chance for other characters to get in and Nintendo would make a decent amount of profit from it to make the next Smash whenever that would be, but then again when Sakurai said he wasn't planning on DLC. Maybe he changed his mind this year, plus I'd pay $5 for a character unless they do that Free DLC thing which wouldn't make thing anything.
The thing is Sakurai could keep adding content to the game until he's fully satisfied, but the game would be released in 2017. So, I think it's better if he gives us a 53 character roster to begin with and then, over the next months/years, he keeps adding stuff to keep the game alive and be happy because he could add everything he wanted and make us happy to because he added what we wanted him to.

That said, it's probably Nintendo's choice whether to make DLC for the game or not, and whether it's paid or free.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I should be happy that Animal Crossing is getting inclusion in Mario Kart 8... but the lack of Kirby is just sad.

I WANT KIRBY ON HIS WARP STAR

REALLY NINTENDO

DO YOU HATE AIR RIDE SO MUCH YOU WON'T EVEN INCLUDE HIM IN MARIO KART

THERES EVEN TRACKS YOU COULD JUST TAKE FROM AIR RIDE

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess there's not much to talk about the leak anymore. Just 3 more weeks until release but hopefully we get 1 more little thing just to stay hyped. Maybe Nintendo will do a Direct a week before 3DS release or a couple days before 13th.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Didnt Sakurai say he had no plans to do DLC? I mean, thats the way DLC should be done, not even considered until after the game comes out. Not planned doesnt mean not going to happen.

The only way I see DLC not happening is if Sakurai is itching to work on a new project already.

andimidna

Smash Master
Wait. Where do Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa, Mach Rider, and Chorus Men stand at this point?

"for lying about..."
Like we can trust this after one of them tried to make that Shulk render before it was leaked to show it was fake, even though it wasn't. With the Ninka Leak, and the remaining spots, they fit in too well to say "nope, all lies again"

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Gannondorf IS Sakurai's favorite Smash character.
Not his favorite, but rather his main. My favorite is Toon Link, but he's not my main.

To be honest, I bet none of you will ever guess my main. Heheheh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom