• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794
I'm keeping the same mindset on Ridley that I kept on Dark Pit. Until I see sufficient proof that he is not in the game, I'm going to assume he is.

Bortverde

Smash Cadet
Probably infuriating everyone. His Final Smash would involve playing Duck Hunt and whether or not you hit anyone, he still laughs at you like a prick.

Just look at his stupid grin. I'LL WIPE THAT SMILE OFF, MUTHA-bleep-!!!
I think his final smash will be something like Snake from Brawl
And victory pose be he laughing

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah, I'd have to agree that people canceling their Preorders because of the leak are overreacting a bit, though who am I to decide how others spend their money? Buy the game, don't buy the game, it makes no difference to me in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, the fact that there's at least a couple of locked characters is nice, as there's still some mystery to the game. I'll admit that while knowing that these characters did indeed make their way into the game is nice, it does kill some of the excitement for me to a certain degree, but I digress, I probably would've spoiled myself anyway when the game launched in Japan regardless. Still, I'm interested to see how what's left turns out.
I knew what I was doing from the beginning. I'm not mad this is spoiled, I actually love it. Because things feel like their moving at a faster pace than before. I HIGHLY doubt we will get any word from Sakurai about the leak in the POTD. But I loved that this happened. It also allowed fans of lesser cared about characters get deconfirmations earlier than they would need to. Such as Medusa and Krystal.

My overall Opinion of the roster is 8/10.

The fact that they cut Ice Climbers really bums me out, even if I never played them. Heck, they were probably my least played character.

I'm a little less bummed about Lucas and Wolf, but oh well. Maybe their special moves will be customization alternates for Fox/Falco/Ness.

Dark Pit is the only one I'm going, "ugh" about because I just don't like the character. He was probably the least interesting or fun character in Uprising. He was always just there being sterotypical cool/loner guy or whatever.

Dr. Mario I'm actually pretty hyped about because we will get Dr. Tornado. So in reality he is the least clone of the clones.

Duck Hunt is really neat, and I want to save my full judgement until gameplay. However I can almost guarantee that it will be awesome.

Bowser Jr.....Oh Bowser Jr....I thought I would hate you and your brush moveset. But luckily Sakurai gave him his Clown Copter. Also because of the fact that you can be the Koopalings instead of him makes it that much better. So even if I don't like Bowser Jr., I can be one of the others I do like. Like Iggly or Roy.

If Ridley was added, it gets another point. To 9/10. If Bandana Dee was added It will be 10/10.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The only Taunt the Duck Hunt Dog should have is him laughing at you. All 4 d-pad buttons should do it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I knew what I was doing from the beginning. I'm not mad this is spoiled, I actually love it. Because things feel like their moving at a faster pace than before. I HIGHLY doubt we will get any word from Sakurai about the leak in the POTD. But I loved that this happened. It also allowed fans of lesser cared about characters get deconfirmations earlier than they would need to. Such as Medusa and Krystal.

The fact that they cut Ice Climbers really bums me out, even if I never played them. Heck, they were probably my least played character.

I'm a little less bummed about Lucas and Wolf, but oh well. Maybe their special moves will be customization alternates for Fox/Falco/Ness.

Dark Pit is the only one I'm going, "ugh" about because I just don't like the character. He was probably the least interesting or fun character in Uprising. He was always just there being sterotypical cool/loner guy or whatever.

Dr. Mario I'm actually pretty hyped about because we will get Dr. Tornado. So in reality he is the least clone of the clones.

Duck Hunt is really neat, and I want to save my full judgement until gameplay. However I can almost guarantee that it will be awesome.

Bowser Jr.....Oh Bowser Jr....I thought I would hate you and your brush moveset. But luckily Sakurai gave him his Clown Copter. Also because of the fact that you can be the Koopalings instead of him makes it that much better. So even if I don't like Bowser Jr., I can be one of the others I do like. Like Iggly or Roy.

If Ridley was added, it gets another point. To 9/10. If Bandana Dee was added It will be 10/10.
So...does Mewtwo make it 11/10...? <3

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Just thought of something:
What if the gameplay video is just Photoshopped renders and stop/motion!?:surprised:
Just kidding :laugh: . But if this is fake, I'll probably go with this theory. :laugh:
Honestly though, I can't wait for the POTD. I have a feeling it may help or not help this leak... Or it could just something else. :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I think his final smash will be something like Snake from Brawl
And victory pose be he laughing
Snake's and SSB4's Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash are the aim and shoot thing like in on-rails shooting games. Great, now people will complain that ZSS, Snake, and Duck Hunt Dog all have the "same" Final Smashes. I still want to punch that dog in the face, especially if he's laughing.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
If the roster stays as-is, I'd say that it's about a 8/10, I'd be happy with it.
If it adds Dixie, Ridley, and Mewtwo only I'd give it an 8.5/10, don't care too much about any of them but more characters is always cool.
If it adds Chorus Kids, it's an immediate 10/10. I'm still holding out all my hope on them, I believe in 'em.

At this point I'm still leaning towards the potential unrevealed characters including Chorus Men, no matter who the others are. Hope my gut proves right. I really do.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sakurai would know the roster would have been leaked.
Maybe not this version of it, at thi time, but at some point.
It was for Brawl, it inevitably would have been. This happens for these types of things. It is nearly impossible to keep from happening in a game of this magnitude. Too stressful to assume it would not, also.

I'd estimate this is still part of the plan, and all the more reason that we should expect DLC. Or rather, not expect, but see it as likely.
A- A leak was guaranteed
B- Sakurai hates spoiled surprises
C- Nonchalant Release of information by this time, the time A (a leak) would happen
D- We know we have newcomers. And either Sakurai did not care to release the end himself or he knows that no matter what was leaked it would not be the end.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
So...does Mewtwo make it 11/10...? <3
I like MewTwo, I think he is way cooler than Lucario for sure. He is probably my 4th most wanted.

1. Bandana Dee
  2. Robin (YES BABY)
  3. Ridley
  4. MewTwo
  5. Sceptile
  6. Little Mac (YES BABY)
  7. Waluigi (Aww.)

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'll date the prayer I suppose. 7/10. Apart from megaman and pacman they are not any really hype characters, Ganon remains cloned and the villains are nowhere to be found. Provided the rest of the leak is true, my score will raise significantly, but no k rool will definitely result in some - points.

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
Honestly, I hope people don't get their hopes up too much about this not being the final roster. Everything about there potentially being more characters has been speculation and has nothing to back it up besides the lock icon on All-Star mode, which means nothing for specific characters and only implies that there are, indeed, more to unlock.

For all we know this could very well be the final roster and there's a new way to unlock All-Star mode. I would just personally rather have the mindset that this is the final roster and be pleasantly surprised in the event that it isn't.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
So after watching Alax's video on the history of this leak (love your stuff, Alax), I found out Ridley was never mentioned in the Ninka leak.
The Ninka leak mentioned Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, and Shulk, and said Lucas, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Snake were cut.
The Vaanrose leak added Robin into the mix. And also said Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog.

The Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo, as far as we know, can be fake.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'll give this a 10/10 if Mewtwo AND Ridley are both in.
9/10 if Mewtwo is in and not Ridley.
7/10 if neither.
Seriously....Sakurai would have to put plugs in his ears for the past 3 years to not add one of these guys. -.-

AuraStorm13

Smash Rookie

And that's perfectly fine, to each their own. Personally, while getting confirmation that Jr. and Shulk are in the game is welcome, It does kill a bit of the hype for me. One of the reasons I was amazed by Robin's reveal trailer was because it was completely unexpected, so the fact that I know these characters are in the game makes it so I won't be as blown away when/if they get Reveal Trailers, as I already knew they were in the game, but as I said, to each their own.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I'll give this a 10/10 if Mewtwo AND Ridley are both in.
9/10 if Mewtwo is in and not Ridley.
7/10 if neither.
Seriously....Sakurai would have to put plugs in his ears for the past 3 years to not add one of these guys. -.-
Well, nothing said they HAD to be in. Ridley on had support, and Mewtwo did have the Pokemon Roundtable thing, so I'll give it that.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I hope people don't get their hopes up too much about this not being the final roster. Everything about there potentially being more characters has been speculation and has nothing to back it up besides the lock icon on All-Star mode, which means nothing for specific characters and only implies that there are, indeed, more to unlock.

For all we know this could very well be the final roster and there's a new way to unlock All-Star mode. I would just personally rather have the mindset that this is the final roster and be pleasantly surprised in the event that it isn't.
Yeah I just finished listening to the gamexplain discussion and they seem 100% convinced that there's more to see. I really don't believe that there's anything beyond what we have pictures of.
That being said, I CAN see them doing a free launch day DLC for the Wii U version that brings more characters to the 3DS and Wii U versions.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

This is what I pray to Sakurai will be the final roster. If this came true it would be the best roster is smash no doubt.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
In regards to the DLC being fake, I feel now is a good time to say why. @vaanrose explained earlier why it was fake.

The guy who said it even admitted it, he got the images from someone else in confidence, and then leaked them while adding his own BS information to "identify any copy cats"

I can confirm this.
THANK GOD! Lucas, Wolf and IC still can make it into the full game.

D

Deleted member 245254

If I had to pick a speculated character I'm most hyped over it would be Mewtwo by a long shot so I hope there's some truth to this stuff flying around...but grain of salt guys. Grain of salt.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon clone after being in 3 Smash games. He is the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises yet he still doesn't have a unique moveset that properly represents him. I was actually expecting him to have a new moveset because he still wasn't revealed yet (and still isn't officially). It's like Sakurai purposely makes him pull out his sword in taunts and victory poses just to emphasize the fact that he has potential to be a unique character but isn't.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I return from a 14km hike and Mewtwo still isn't confirmed?!?

Darn. 9/10 if he is in. 7/10 if he's not.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe Lucas is just an Alt in general for Ness, as he should be...

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Guests please go home so the leaker can leak more. He/she's a bit shy with all of the guests.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I cannot believe Ganondorf is still a Captain Falcon clone after being in 3 Smash games. He is the main villain of one of Nintendo's biggest franchises yet he still doesn't have a unique moveset that properly represents him. I was actually expecting him to have a new moveset because he still wasn't revealed yet (and still isn't officially). It's like Sakurai purposely makes him pull out his sword in taunts and victory poses just to emphasize the fact that he has potential to be a unique character but isn't.
Remember there is still custom special moves. Might be one involving a sword.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Ridley, Mewtwo, and Dixie weren't mentioned in those leaks but they were in another leak from July that is congruent to this one.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but still. Why not just give him the default unique moveset he deserves. Plus we have to remember that so far for most characters, custom special moves are just reskins. So unless Ganondorf is like Palutena in terms of custom moves, I don't see how any of his specials could be changed to involve a sword.

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
So apparently people are cancelling their preorders because of this leak. Why?
Because these are usually the people that do this every single time the official roster is revealed. Then they just buy the game a few months later anyway.

I'm 9/10 on this one. Really love the roster, got about half the characters I wanted, got Robin+Lucina after downgrading my expectations to Chrom, and got all the characters I previously played back. Only thing that is a bit disappointing is that Dixie Kong probably isn't in, but you can't win 'em all.

Last edited:

Unresolved

Smash Cadet
NNID
Unresolved
3DS FC
4596-9792-3892
I'm doubtful, all custom moves seem to just be edited versions of the original special moves, like how Mario's fireball gets bigger, etc.
So this basically means that there isn't a good chance a 'Dorf getting a sword this time around.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Yeah but still. Why not just give him the default unique moveset he deserves. Plus we have to remember that so far for most characters, custom special moves are just reskins. So unless Ganondorf is like Palutena in terms of custom moves, I don't see how any of his specials could be changed to involve a sword.
Some characters get completely different moves, like Rosalina has one where her down special makes Luma big instead of using her gravity pull.

So theres a chance.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
That's not necessarily true, one of Rosalina's down special variations makes her Luma grow large and "protect" her (though not sure what that means) - which is a pretty large difference. I could his Warlock Punch being changed into a long, slow sword stab or something similar.

TheZapp

Smash Journeyman

This is what I pray to Sakurai will be the final roster. If this came true it would be the best roster is smash no doubt.

Honestly, while I would not mind bandana dee at all I don't see it happening. Especially after these leaks.

WeirdyMike

Smash Rookie
NNID
MikeMike42
If I had to pick a speculated character I'm most hyped over it would be Mewtwo by a long shot so I hope there's some truth to this stuff flying around...but grain of salt guys. Grain of salt.
Come to think of it, I've been getting more and more excited lately over the possibility of Mewtwo. I've never been much of a Team Mewtwo guy, since I never played Melee, but for some reason Mewtwo hype is starting to build up inside of me. Maybe it's because Dr. Mario is back. If he can return, so can Mewtwo. But Ridley is close second on the speculation hype meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom