• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Am I the only one not mad about Dr. Mario? He has a different special move from Mario. It makes him less of a clone than Toon Link or Falco.
I don't mind him, as long as he has his unique nair and doc spin for down b

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
To those claiming that Ridley and Mewtwo were not mentioned in the Ninka's leak:

-Those two are being taken into consideration because they were mentioned in a 4chan leak created BEFORE Ninka's one that aligned with it. It had Bowser Jr, DHD, Shulk, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, etc. If we were to assume that Ninka's leak is true due to the specific information he posted about Bowser Jr. and Shulk's moveset, Dixie Kong and Chorus Men would be real as well. So that makes everything the 4chan leaker said true except for Mewtwo and Ridley. It also aligns with Gematsu as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
So what is your guys' opinion on this? I personally have a big hope for this being real but based on the nature of this guy and his DLC shenanigans I have a feeling he just said this to screw with people and to make everybody go nuts some more. So I really doubt this is gonna happen. However, there being open spots and the locked All-Star thing makes me believe it since those are some of the only characters that could fit in as the last few characters.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Am I the only one not mad about Dr. Mario? He has a different special move from Mario. It makes him less of a clone than Toon Link or Falco.
No you're not. Doc was very cool in melee (especially his Dr death black costume). Very much looking forward to his return :drmario:

Khao

Smash Lord
It's better that Doc get in than to have the same exact roster without him.
And I'd argue against that.

Dr. Mario is Mario in a doctor costume and should be treated as such. He simply works better as an alt even with no one to replace him.

Not saying I'm not happy with the roster anyway, by the way, this **** is just amazing.

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
I hated it at first, but I realized there is no point since I don't even know how he plays, and as said before, Doc + (rest of the roster) > (rest of the roster). And no, if X isn't in, it's not because Doc stole their slot.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I bet Luigi is since he doesn't get to play Doctor like his bro.

I wonder who's the Jedi and who's the Sith Lord? :rolleyes:

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
Come on guys, you got Villager, WiiFitTrainer, Robin, Lucina, Lady Palutena, Greninja, LittleMac, Rosalina, and somehow Pac Man and Mega Man. You even got most everyone from Brawl as well as one returning character from melee. I think this roster is more deserving of a 7/10 just because that one character you really wanted didn't get in.
Exactly!! People are acting like they are not even in the game, and they are thinking that only the last few characters matter.

And look at my signature and profile pic, I didn't exactly get everyone i wanted and i got one of my mains cut ( Ice Climbers) but you dont see my handing out 6/10s.

There are some things about the roster that I would love to change (dark pit, miis, cloned ganon, bring back Ice climbers, wolf and lucas) but I still love the roster and consider everything else a bonus.

10/10 and with mewtwo, Ridley, King. K Rool it just keeps going up

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I feel Doc's custom moves would have to be different from Mario's. A giant, slow-moving pill would look pretty ridiculous compared to Mario's giant fireball.

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman
So what is your guys' opinion on this? I personally have a big hope for this being real but based on the nature of this guy and his DLC shenanigans I have a feeling he just said this to screw with people and to make everybody go nuts some more. So I really doubt this is gonna happen. However, there being open spots and the locked All-Star thing makes me believe it since those are some of the only characters that could fit in as the last few characters.
I'd love this, but it's too good to be true.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
My view on the currently known leaked roster's newcomers:

:4villager:-Pretty awesome and necessary addition to the roster, he was so much fun to play in the demo
:4megaman:-Pretty hype to see Mega Man getting love and he was fun to play as too. I approve
:4wiifit:-My initial reaction was sour and I stand by that, moveset looks bland.
:rosalina:-Not a fan of the character because Rosalina feels forced but she plays really unique so she's a nice addition
:4littlemac:-By far my favorite newcomer due to the awesomeness of Punch-Out!! finally getting love.
:4greninja:-Surprising recent addition but Greninja is my favorite Water Starter so far and he seems to be incredibly popular
:4mii:-I expected them and they look like fun to use different personas on, still they were never really "hype quality" announcements
:4palutena:-Don't like the bland moveset and lack of personality but I see the reasoning for the addition
:4pacman:-Pretty hype as well considering he was my childhood, he looks to be very viable as a fighter too
:4lucina:-MEH! Another boring clone.
:4robinm:-Finally a magic user for Fire Emblem and a pretty cool addition as well
Bowser Jr.- Don't like how you use the Clown Car, I wanna play as him! Not his machine -_- but it's still nice to see him in.
Duck Hunt Dog- This is awesome, Duck Hunt needed repping considering its iconic status
Shulk- Never played Xenoblade but he looks like a bland sword user based on the gameplay. He's a cool character tho
Dark Pit-MEH! more boring clones

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Personally, now we know this leak has 99.99% chance of being real, Doctor Mario will be played more than Mario if he's the same as Melee, it will be interesting to see what else we get. Keep in mind Wednesday is the 20th anniversary of EarthBound could be Ness. If it follows the leak I'm willing to say its 100%

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Personally, now we know this leak has 99.99% chance of being real, Doctor Mario will be played more than Mario if he's the same as Melee, it will be interesting to see what else we get. Keep in mind Wednesday is the 20th anniversary of EarthBound could be Ness. If it follows the leak I'm willing to say its 100%
Maybe one of Mario's Custom FLUDD moves is actually REALLY good. He may be played more than Dr. Mario.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
NoA took down the videos and released a statement via a rep saying that they have nothing to announce at this time.

Guys, it's real.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Isn't the user a person on this forum? Why don't we just ask him...?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Maybe one of Mario's Custom FLUDD moves is actually REALLY good. He may be played more than Dr. Mario.

Does anyone know what were the top 10 Characters that were most requested for Brawl?
Ones I remember:

• Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Ridley
  • Sonic
  • Toad
  • Wolf
  • Daisy
  • Waluigi
  • Charizard

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think the immaturity exhibited by this poster, which should have been evident as he was in this forum as well, not only makes him a poor source for information (as it is difficult to discern his ego from fact), but will likely lead him in life to take some pretty intense choices for attention after these ten minutes of fame.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think it's real. A leak from July is congruent to this and Ninka.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does anyone know what were the top 10 Characters that were most requested for Brawl?
1. Ridley.
2. Ridley.
3. Ridley.
4. Ridley.
5. Ridley.
6. Ridley.
7. Ridley.
8. Ridley.
9. Midna.
10. Ridley's cousin: Ripley.

:p

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Has anyone thought Bowser Jr.'s final smash may be what happens to him at the end of Yoshi's Island?

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

Ones I remember:

• Meta Knight
  • King Dedede
  • Ridley
  • Sonic
  • Toad
  • Wolf
  • Daisy
  • Waluigi
  • Charizard
From what is shown on this scan I doubt any of Marios FLUDD custom moves will be any good. Those cape custom moves though, they look really interesting :o

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Didn't someone say that the Chorus Men, Dixie and Mewtwo were the remaining characters.
A lot of people a saying a lot of things, but since everyone of them is basing there information on the the vids released today, none have any creditability beyond what has been shown in these videos.

All we know is that there most likely are more characters, that's it.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. What is all of this supposed to be about?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Sonic, Tails, Wario, Ridley and Isaac are 5 Brawls wants I remember people wanting the most.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Am I gonna be disappointed if this leak if fake and Bowser Jr isn't playable.

All my mindless celebrating, gone to waste.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I was at 8/10 with the roster at its current form before the leak, but that was assuming most of the veterans would be back and we'd have a few more newcomers.

If the leak is real, the roster will probably end up around a 6 or 7 for me, simply due to cut vets.

I was expecting no Squirtle, Ivysaur, or Snake, so my rating doesn't change for that. However, I'm disappointed that a unique character and playstyle like the Ice Climbers could be gone, and I'd reduce my ranking of the roster by a full point if they're cut, and by another point if Wolf and Lucas are both gone (though no change if it's just one of them).

As for the newcomers, I don't particularly care for how Bowser Jr. was implemented, Shulk looks about what I expected, Duck Hunt Dog is an interesting addition, and Dark Pit was a completely unnecessary clone. I also was hoping Dr. Mario would be a costume, not a character, but if he was a last minute addition like Lucina, I guess it's sort of ok. The new newcomers net out to a gain/loss of 0 for me though.

If there truly are hidden newcomers, the roster could get back to an 8 or even up to a 9, depending on who they are. Due to more cuts than I wanted/expected, I don't think I'd rate the roster above a 9 though.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Any roster without Ghirahim is not worthy of a 10/10 in my eyes. But I'm not going to whine about it.

The current roster, uh, 7.5/10 I guess. I'm not cool with the Koopalings being Jr. alts (if they indeed are), Dr. Mario being his own slot, Pittoo being his own slot...I guess that's it for my complaints atm, I was previously pissed about Duck Hunt but I guess he's okay. Everyfin else I'm either indifferent about or slightly happy about, save Shulk and Bowser Jr., who I'm very excited about.

I'll lower the score if a boring Zelda character gets in over Ghirahim (Impa mostly). I'd be chill with somefin like Fi or Lana, I guess. I'll raise it if Ridley, Louie or Anthony Higgs are added, besides that no potential characters come to mind that I give a shit about, and neither Higgs or Louie are exactly at the peak of likelihood themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom