• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Yep.. But that's the internet for ya, amiright? :rolleyes:

It's highly unlikely they'd change it after having it that way throughout the entire series.. why wouldn't that be the criteria anyway?
Actually, yes, the same leaker who disclosed the roster images and gameplay footage posted that picture on Reddit.

Plus, said leaker also directly acknowledged the fact that the roster isn't complete, confirming it.
May not coincide =/= may not be from the same person. Read my newer post.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that still confuses me is this:
If the roster is incomplete, why would they show it to the ESRB? Wouldn't they have to see ALL the content in the game? It wouldn't make sense to only show them some of it, right?

The only explanation I have is that there might be more characters that will arrive alongside the Wii U version via an update.

Tectrix

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tectrix
If the roster is incomplete, why would they show it to the ESRB? Wouldn't they have to see ALL the content in the game? It wouldn't make sense to only show them some of it, right?

The only explanation I have is that there might be more characters that will arrive alongside the Wii U version via an update.
It was supposedly leaked by a guy who worked for nintendo and was recording videos for the ESRB. He was presumably not the only one, and others probably had the full roster.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729

Forgot to say this, too. Actually mentioned it a while back when I said I hold little hope for Shulk to be still being worked on.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
The roster's a 9/10 for me. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt look great, plus Mega Man's awesome. I'll probably change it to 10/10 once we get the rest of the characters, just because I feel there's a little bit of rounding out that needs to be done. If Ridley's in, that gets a 12/10.

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
It seems odd that the leaker is no longer posting. If he's caught already why doesn't he just put everything up?

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet

I kind of agree with your last statement there could be characters unlocked alongside the WiiU one, but if those characters prevented All-Star mode from being unlocked, why even make All-Star mode visible if we won't even be able to access it till Winter?

My thing is, what if the roster shown is all the characters unlocked from the beginning of the game? Probably not right, but I can see the clones being unlockable and the third-party characters

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
...Pit and Bowser got changed movesets because they were clones of....?

Perhaps they don't want another swordsman and Ganondorf would look so FREAKING WIERD as an actual warlock.

You're saying you like Ganon, but not his moveset, but you still play him? Logic! :D
Learn to read. Did I ever say that Pit or Bowser were clones of anyone? Bowser was revamped because he sucked. Pit was revamped because Sakurai's in love with him or something. Ganondorf should be revamped because it makes no damn sense for an EVIL WIZARD to be FALCON PUNCHING people. Except, oh, it's not the Falcon Punch, cuz it's like purple or something.
They don't want more swordsmen, but they're perfectly fine with adding Shulk, Lucina, and Robin? Do you even read these before you post them?
Ganondorf is one of my favorite Nintendo characters. THAT is why I play him. I wasn't a fan of Mewtwo's moveset in Melee, but that didn't stop me from maining Mewtwo. You know why? BECAUSE I LIKE MEWTWO. Logic :D

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
It seems odd that the leaker is no longer posting. If he's caught already why doesn't he just put everything up?
Because it may not be an "all or nothing" situation. He's been caught, and anything more he leaks will add on to his censure. (of course, that's assuming everything we're hearing about the situation is true, which it might not be)

Edit: :4greninja:'d so hard

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Forgot to say this, too. Actually mentioned it a while back when I said I hold little hope for Shulk to be still being worked on.
I mean, it'd make sense right?
Nintendo NEEDS to do something to keep people hyped for the Wii U version after the 3DS is released, and 90% of Smash Bros hype is because of the characters.

In my opinion, the most likely, and smartest thing Nintendo can do is the following:
-Release Smash 3DS with the roster we've seen.
-Say that there are more characters on the way that we'll learn about at a later date
-This keeps people excited even once they already have the 3DS version of the game
-Confirm that 3-5 more characters will be released as free DLC when the Wii U version launches. They'll already be built into the Wii U version and will come as a free downloadable update for the 3DS version

That's what I'd hope they're going to do anyway.

@ RedHotRubberDucky RedHotRubberDucky
Well sometimes dangling something in front of someone's face without letting them have it makes them want it more, you know? Like, seeing that all-star icon on the menu, but not being able to access it would be both tormenting and exciting in my opinion.

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
He may want to avoid any extra trouble. He can at least argue that he thought he wouldn't get caught, but the jig is up now. It wouldn't really be wise for him to flip the double-bird at Nintendo as he's going down.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
The roster's a 9/10 for me. Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt look great, plus Mega Man's awesome. I'll probably change it to 10/10 once we get the rest of the characters, just because I feel there's a little bit of rounding out that needs to be done. If Ridley's in, that gets a 12/10.
Good to see I'm not the only person who enjoys the concept of giving scores higher than 10/10, lol.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
I mean, it'd make sense right?
Nintendo NEEDS to do something to keep people hyped for the Wii U version after the 3DS is released, and 90% of Smash Bros hype is because of the characters.

In my opinion, the most likely, and smartest thing Nintendo can do is the following:
-Release Smash 3DS with the roster we've seen.
-Say that there are more characters on the way that we'll learn about at a later date
-This keeps people excited even once they already have the 3DS version of the game
-Confirm that 3-5 more characters will be released as free DLC when the Wii U version launches. They'll already be built into the Wii U version and will come as a free downloadable update for the 3DS version

That's what I'd hope they're going to do anyway.

@ RedHotRubberDucky RedHotRubberDucky
Well sometimes dangling something in front of someone's face without letting them have it makes them want it more, you know? Like, seeing that all-star icon on the menu, but not being able to access it would be both tormenting and exciting in my opinion.
Sounds reasonable. Maintenance is the best way to keep the public interested and buying the game for a long time.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow's Potd will be so insane.
I can see it now:
"These little cuties are called Mites! You might remember them from the Subspace Army in the previous game. Don't under estimate them because of their size though. When they attack in numbers, you better watch out! FYI, these are enemies in Smash Run. Do you like Smash Run yet? Do you want me to post more Smash Run? I can if you want. I know that's what you guys are most curious about right now."

Last edited:

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
I give this roster a 7.5/10 just because of some interesting characters being replaced by clones

I mean we lost the Ice climbers they were unique
We lost Snake he also had an unique playstyle
Wolf wasnt a Fox clone , Falco was and yet I see him in the roster
Lucas (yeah because mother has too many representatives already)

and instead we got a clone from marth (Lucina)
Mario (Dr.Mario) / I love Mario but ... I mean , let's say it turns out Dr,Mario is way better then the Original Mario or the other way around , then what's the point of having the other Mario?.
Darkpit (Pit)
also Ganon Didn't get a new moveset (Thanks for the effort Sakurai you tried I'm sure)

This alone makes me give the roster a 5.5/10 but with the inclusion of Little Mac , Megaman , Pacman and Robin (He's quite unique i can tell) my score goes up to a SOLID 7.5

also this is my personal opinion but the Dog from duck hunt seems like a pretty desperate move for new characters EDIT: years ago this kind of character being considered as a posibility was like considering the Clown from "Circus Charlie" in the game , quite silly if you ask me , but considering ROB got in Brawl im not all that suprised.

I don't mention Mewtwo because at least he has a chance also wtf? WHY they didn't replace Lucario? ...I mean Mewtwo is way cooler ....I think... I mean he is the original you know?

Also I reaaaaally hope they include DLC characters just so they can keep the Hype going for the WiiU version because personally I'm not buying the 3DS version if this is all they got , NO WAY .

Well that's what I think at least... :S

Last edited:

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
If Lucas isn't revealed Wednesday I'm gonna ask my friend if he can borrow me his SNES again.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
:3 What about Gematsu? Do you think what happened to Chrom was a coincidence?
Nah...
I bet he was just referencing what happened to Chrom. Chrom was most likely their default choice for a new FE rep since they always choose the newest Lord character, but they changed their minds later on and spoofed the decision in the trailer. I think the Chrom part of that leak came a biiiit too close to the Robin trailer. Trailers take a long time to animate and render out.

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
BUT GUYS!!! their was those enemies in smash run from the ice climbers series! plus we also know its possible that the roster is not complete!!! Popo and Nana will return, im betting on it!!!! :D

EdwardJP

Smash Rookie
NNID
EdwardJP
3DS FC
4511-0577-1811
Lucario should have been kicked to the curb for Mewtwo. I know that's a bit too much 'Gen 1' for some people, but these are the biggest names for a reason.
Although Lucario does not have the legacy of Mewtwo, it's pretty damn close in terms of popularity nowadays, especially for the younger fans. Lucario continues to hold the throne as most popular Fighting-type Pokemon for nearly 8 years so it's pretty understandable why it's back in Smash Bros.

Having both Lucario and Mewtwo will be rad as hell, though.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, it's clear duck hunt will probably use a light gun like the player used in the original game. But, wouldn't Sakurai have to make it less realistic?

Runaway5ive

Smash Rookie
NNID
H-Zigga
3DS FC
5241-3197-1770
BUT GUYS!!! their was those enemies in smash run from the ice climbers series! plus we also know its possible that the roster is not complete!!! Popo and Nana will return, im betting on it!!!! :D
Yeah, who knows the Ice Climbers aren't just secret characters? I think that could be possible. We've had characters switch from starter to secret status before (ex. Ness and Captain Falcon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom