• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
The people who spend years of their lives working on something have earned the right to present it the way they want. Not how you want.
Oh my, what a neutral, humble professional.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I can see it now:
"These little cuties are called Mites! You might remember them from the Subspace Army in the previous game. Don't under estimate them because of their size though. When they attack in numbers, you better watch out! FYI, these are enemies in Smash Run. Do you like Smash Run yet? Do you want me to post more Smash Run? I can if you want. I know that's what you guys are most curious about right now."
That seems so insanely accurate, knowing Sakurai..

Too accurate. Hm.

Guys, I've figured it out.. KawaiiPiranha has been too busy working with Sakurai on elaborate conspiracies to make cartoons!

AHA, ADMIT IT!

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wellllll... I finally saw the video evidence I've been hearing about, lingering on the outskirts of Youtube. I'm convinced.

I was trying to find potential evidence for it being a heavily modded Project M hoax, but I feel like it's just way too in-depth to be a hoax at this point. I think this leak is the real thing.

I'm still honestly surprised by Shulk's inclusion, considering the Xeno series is not a Nintendo property. I would've preferred to see Isaac over Shulk if we were bound to get yet another prettyboy swordsman. I'm also confused as to how Duck Hunt Dog will work-- and a little befuddled as to why Duck Hunt isn't delegated to Assist Trophy status to begin with. But I guess, at this point, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, also. **** Dark Pit. **** that guy. **** Kid Icarus Uprising's excessive exposure.

'Kay, I'm done.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed only with the fact that I know it's gonna be 6-7 more years until the next smash for more newcomers.

Not to say I want there to be more than one each console, I know the game will keep me busy until then.

Roster is pretty okay, Stagelist for 3DS is just bad.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Wellllll... I finally saw the video evidence I've been hearing about, lingering on the outskirts of Youtube. I'm convinced.

I was trying to find potential evidence for it being a heavily modded Project M hoax, but I feel like it's just way too in-depth to be a hoax at this point. I think this leak is the real thing.

I'm still honestly surprised by Shulk's inclusion, considering the Xeno series is not a Nintendo property. I would've preferred to see Isaac over Shulk if we were bound to get yet another prettyboy swordsman. I'm also confused as to how Duck Hunt Dog will work-- and a little befuddled as to why Duck Hunt isn't delegated to Assist Trophy status to begin with. But I guess, at this point, we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh, also. **** Dark Pit. **** that guy. **** Kid Icarus Uprising's excessive exposure.

'Kay, I'm done.
....but I like Dark Pit....he's cool....;~;

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Also, it's clear duck hunt will probably use a light gun like the player used in the original game. But, wouldn't Sakurai have to make it less realistic?
I'm really worried that there are going to be a lot glaring white screen flashes like in the original Duck Hunt (that's how they got the Light Gun to work) and this would make any round with Duck Hunt in it a real headache (literally).

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I've grown to make peace (for the most part). I feel like this is Christmas when I got my DS Lite. I got what I wanted, and even though I got something I didn't want as well... oh well; I'm not gonna be a brat about it like I was at Christmas that year.

(Wait, I got that other stuff for free, I had to pay for this I can complain a little bit.)

'Kay, I'm done.
Look at this way.... now we can beat his face in as much as we want!

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman

'Kay, I'm done.
Someone said Xenoblade is akin to the Pokemon series or something. Not technically made by the Mario and co studios but still "Nintendo".

I don't wanna hear any more Doc/Dark Pit whining. They didn't replace. Anyone. Oh my gawwd. @_@ Baby Rosalina and Metal peach in MK8 didnt replace anyone either. They were tacked on at the end quickly since thats all the time they had! No time for a completely original creation/moveset/model. Game Development guys!

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice

'Kay, I'm done.
Monolith Soft is owned by Ninty, so it's not another Sonic/Pac-man/Mega Man situation here. More like a Pokemon situation.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm seeing people talk about Duck Hunt having the Light Gun... I've been trying to keep up, but did I miss something? I saw everything with BJ and Shulk, but I wasn't aware anything about DH was revealed.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Now that this ESRB roster leak came true, do you guys remember the first one?

When this leak happened a lot of people claimed it was fake because of the character choices and that there was no chance an ESRB guy could or would leak the games' content. But look what happened now, an ESRB guy came along and leaked content from the game.

So I had this crazy theory that what if these two ESRB leaks were from the same person?

Let's look at the current roster so far:

The bottom characters are mentioned from the 1st ESRB leak and the DLC leak. Since the DLC leak was apparently proven to be fake that would cross out Marshal (I used Chorus Men temporarily), Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers. On the current roster if the full roster made a complete box like in Brawl we would have 5 more slots left for characters. In the 1st ESRB leak the guy mentioned 4 clone characters which were Slippy (Snake), Daisy (Peach), Impa (Sheik), and Galactica Knight (Meta Knight). Since clone characters don't take much time to make compared to fleshed out characters while being perfect to beef up the roster it's very likely that Sakurai can add more clones. Especially after including Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Shulk (he looks more like a semi clone from the leak vids. Ganondorf is a semi again and possibly Falco as well). That just leaves one more slot on the roster.

That final slot is pretty much a gamble between last selection of characters mentioned. If both ESRB leaks are from the same person then personally I think the final spot could go to Ice Climbers, Mewtwo or a newcomer that isn't Ridley. This would give us a total of 53 characters, 55 if counting the Duck and Luma.

This all may seem crazy but I just wanted to point out that there are 2 ESRB leaks and the 1st one wasn't officially proven to be fake. The last 4 slots conveniently fit in place with the representation of the stages and characters if the clones were included. The final slot is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

MrSirSteven

Smash Journeyman

'Kay, I'm done.
I agree, **** Dark Pit.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
im doing this :gw:>:4pacman:>:4mario:>...duhhhhhhhhh. you know for a "Super" Nintendo Kid, i sure don't know the timeline of this stuff

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Anyone care to finish the all star timeline sequence? :joyful:

:gw: -> :4pacman: -> :4mario: -> :4dk: -> :4luigi: -> :4littlemac: -> :4peach: -> :4bowser:
(Duck Hunt, should actually be before Bowser/Peach) ->:rob:->:4link: -> :4zelda: -> :4samus: -> :4pit: -> :4palutena: -> :4megaman: -> :4marth:->:4falcon:->:drmario:->:4yoshi: -> :4sonic: -> :4kirby:->:4dedede:->:warioc:->:4metaknight:->:4fox:->:falco:->:4diddy:->:ness2:->:4pikachu:->:jigglypuff:->:4charizard:->:ganondorf:->:4sheik:->:4villager:->:4olimar:->(Bowser Jr.) ->:4tlink:->:4zss:->:4myfriends:->:4mii:->:4lucario:->:rosalina:->:4wiifit:->(Shulk)->(Dark Pit)->:4lucina:->:4robinm:->:4greninja:

I think I got it! Though, I only went by year - not by month of release date. I didn't get quite that detailed :(

All Star should go something like this, if it's all correct. I hope I didn't get :4greninja:'d. This took way too long :p

I still really believe we're seeing more characters, though, so I don't think this is going to be the final version of this timeline quite yet...

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
The roster is fantastic. As a fan of the smash series first, I love it. Thank you Sakurai.

Also, I don't whine about clones who don't take up slots on the roster anyways. Why would I? I'm Rich Homie Quan.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
The roster is bar none my favorite. I've wanted Mach Rider for a long time, but even if he turns out fake, Duck Hunt Dog pretty much seals the deal forever.

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
You can expect people will think say a Mewtwo announcement will be in said Pokemon Direct

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm still honestly surprised by Shulk's inclusion, considering the Xeno series is not a Nintendo property.
Um, Xenoblade is Nintendo.
Now that this ESRB roster leak came true, do you guys remember the first one?

When this leak happened a lot of people claimed it was fake because of the character choices and that there was no chance an ESRB guy could or would leak the games' content. But look what happened now, an ESRB guy came along and leaked content from the game.

So I had this crazy theory that what if these two ESRB leaks were from the same person?

Let's look at the current roster so far:

The bottom characters are mentioned from the 1st ESRB leak and the DLC leak. Since the DLC leak was apparently proven to be fake that would cross out Marshal (I used Chorus Men temporarily), Lucas, Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers. On the current roster if the full roster made a complete box like in Brawl we would have 5 more slots left for characters. In the 1st ESRB leak the guy mentioned 4 clone characters which were Slippy (Snake), Daisy (Peach), Impa (Sheik), and Galactica Knight (Meta Knight). Since clone characters don't take much time to make compared to fleshed out characters while being perfect to beef up the roster it's very likely that Sakurai can add more clones. Especially after including Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Shulk (he looks more like a semi clone from the leak vids. Ganondorf is a semi again and possibly Falco as well). That just leaves one more slot on the roster.

That final slot is pretty much a gamble between last selection of characters mentioned. If both ESRB leaks are from the same person then personally I think the final spot could go to Ice Climbers, Mewtwo or a newcomer that isn't Ridley. This would give us a total of 53 characters, 55 if counting the Duck and Luma.

This all may seem crazy but I just wanted to point out that there are 2 ESRB leaks and the 1st one wasn't officially proven to be fake. The last 4 slots conveniently fit in place with the representation of the stages and characters if the clones were included. The final slot is anyone's guess.
If Galacta Knight gets in over Bandana Dee I might go crazy. Honestly, I don't think this ERSB rating thing ties in with this leak.

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
(Duck Hunt, should actually be before Bowser/Peach) ->:rob:->:4link: -> :4zelda: -> :4samus: -> :4pit: -> :4palutena: -> :4megaman: -> :4marth:->:4falcon:->:drmario:->:4yoshi: -> :4sonic: -> :4kirby:->:4dedede:->:warioc:->:4metaknight:->:4fox:->:falco:->:4diddy:->:ness2:->:4pikachu:->:4charizard:->:ganondorf:->:4sheik:->:4villager:->:4olimar:->(Bowser Jr.) ->:4tlink:->:4zss:->:4myfriends:->:4mii:->:4lucario:->:rosalina:->:4wiifit:->(Shulk)->(Dark Pit)->:4lucina:->:4robinm:->:4greninja:

I think I got it! Though, I only went by year - not by month of release date. I didn't get quite that detailed :(

All Star should go something like this, if it's all correct. I hope I didn't get :4greninja:'d. This took way too long :p

I still really believe we're seeing more characters, though, so I don't think this is going to be the final version of this timeline quite yet...
You forgot Jigglypuff with Pikachu and Charizard, but other than that, nice job.

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
Duck Hunt Dog is a great inclusion. Yes I'm not too fond of Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, but this is a Nintendo game about Nintendo characters. The inclusion of 3rd party characters is extra. Duck hunt dog is such an iconic Nintendo character as is ROB. A lot of people would recognize Duck Hunt Dog more than they would any third party character NOT ALREADY IN THE GAME. ( so don't bring up pax man or Megaman).

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Jigglypuff with Pikachu and Charizard, but other than that, nice job.
Oops, got her in there. Dunno why I forgot her. I'm honestly digging the roster. Just wish it had more Chorus Men. Still think they're in though... I'll believe it til' I can't believe it no more!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Maybe Lucas is just an Alt in general for Ness, as he should be...
Having played both of their games through, I must disagree. They're different characters even moreso than Mario and Luigi are, and deserve their own entries (and movesets).

That said, I'd love it if they'd do something with PK Rockin' and PK Love instead of giving them loadouts full of borrowed moves.

And on the clone discussion, I actually prefer more clones because they've always played a bit differently, and it would be really weird having Toon Link and Ganondorf yet say "Nah, no clones here."

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Man, what a day.

I wonder what comes next. Do we get something in a potd? Do we get a character reveal? Do we get more info from the leaker?

Snap, guys...who knows what's in store for us.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Someone said Xenoblade is akin to the Pokemon series or something. Not technically made by the Mario and co studios but still "Nintendo".

I don't wanna hear any more Doc/Dark Pit whining. They didn't replace. Anyone. Oh my gawwd. @_@ Baby Rosalina and Metal peach in MK8 didnt replace anyone either. They were tacked on at the end quickly since thats all the time they had! No time for a completely original creation/moveset/model. Game Development guys!
I never said he replaced anyone. I simply said "**** that guy". I'm well aware of how game development works in this regard; I simply would've preferred pretty much any other clone possibility as a personal preference. Any. Pink Gold Peach would be fine. Kid Icarus clearly has a large bias that I feel is undeserved, and it frustrates me.

As for the Xeno series, it was previously published by Square, then Namco. The most recent entry to the franchise (and the one on the horizon) are the only ones affiliated with Nintendo in any way. This is probably why Shulk's been placed down next to Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man. I'm just surprised he made the cut considering how much red tape there likely was and how little exposure Xenoblade has when compared to the other third-party franchises already represented. (They almost forwent even releasing Xenoblade Chronicles in the West altogether.)

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
I DONT CARE ABOUT THE CLONES. Though the wolf, IC and lucas cut is what really gets to me.
why would semi clones be replaced with pure clones.

sakurai could of easily copy/pasted the semi clones data from brawl.....

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Um, Xenoblade is Nintendo.

If Galacta Knight gets in over Bandana Dee I might go crazy. Honestly, I don't think this ERSB rating thing ties in with this leak.
First leak is fake, he wouldn't know if the Mini-Kangaroo was fun to play as or not.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
As for the Xeno series, it was previously published by Square, then Namco. The most recent entry to the franchise (and the one on the horizon) are the only ones affiliated with Nintendo in any way. This is probably why Shulk's been placed down next to Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man. I'm just surprised he made the cut considering how much red tape there likely was and how little exposure Xenoblade has when compared to the other third-party franchises already represented. (They almost forwent even releasing Xenoblade Chronicles in the West altogether.)
Actually, both Xenoblade Chronicles (The one for Wii and the upcoming one) are published by Nintendo. I think Shulk is counted as some type of, 2nd party character? :p

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I DONT CARE ABOUT THE CLONES. Though the wolf, IC and lucas cut is what really gets to me.
why would semi clones be replaced with pure clones.

sakurai could of easily copy/pasted the semi clones data from brawl.....
I think it's because Lucas just wasn't relevant and Mother doesn't need representation beyond Ness.
Sad to say...honestly....I'm a Mother fan after all...
But Dark Pit and Lucina are in the here and now.
Dr. Mario is clearly there as a shout out to Melee fans. (Which I think is amazing. Just waiting for Mewtwo now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom