• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laikue

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thatguylaikue
3DS FC
4356-1192-5913
People overreact way too easily. Honestly I love Smash enough that I won't cancel my pre order even if Spongebob Squarepants was playable.
Hey, that'd be legit as ****. (Just Kidding)

Also, to quickly derail anyone claiming we don't have "definitive proof" of all-stars mode, Sakurai himself confirmed all-stars mode back in April.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
? It's marked as speculation but most of those seem pretty right.

Oh yeah that's the main reason I'm not sold on this being the whoooole roster. I feel like the empty spaces must be filled up.
Ninka/Vaanrose did not leak that part, it's from a different leaker that collaborated with them (and thus, those characters could be playable), but they otherwise had nothing to do with it.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Yeah there are supposedly more characters that weren't unlocked on that roster correct? Why is everyone weeping over certain characters being gone for sure?
Were is the proof man? WERE IS THE PROOF!! Doom´s day here and melted Ice Climbers hopes.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
So apparently people are cancelling their preorders because of this leak. Why? Are you mad that your favorite character didn't make it in a 50+ character roster? One character?? Even so, this roster possibly doesn't even have all the characters in it......
Some people in the Smash community can never be satisfied :glare:
Yeah I LOVE the ICs and usually main them but I did fine without them in Smash 64 and I can do it again in SSB4. Certainly people have secondaries they fall back on right?

Ninka/Vaanrose did not leak that part, it's from a different leaker that collaborated with them (and thus, those characters could be playable), but they otherwise had nothing to do with it.
That... would be why I said its in the speculation part. But it has every character on this leak?

Last edited:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
? It's marked as speculation but most of those seem pretty right.
That was a different post. Not Ninka.

Ninka's leak was Bowser Jr., Shulk, Duck Hunt Dog, Doctor Mario and Dark Pit.

The "leak" with Mewtwo, Dixie, Ridley and Chorus Men added on to that was a totally unrelated post made AFTER the Ninka leak. Tbh I think it's bull, someone piggybacking on the correct Ninka leak.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It would be kind of strange if he was a clone. Why not just make him an alt like he was in Brawl? Lucina is also a clone, but at least she has a different appearance than Marth. Pittoo, appearance-wise, is literally Pit with different colors. It just seems kind of dumb for him to be a separate character.
Hey... It's Sakurai we're talking about here. Who knows with him.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
I'd also like to add that the list with Ridley, Dixie and Mewtwo was BEFORE the Ninka leak went public.

Meaning that someone else, if they didn't have inside information, correctly guessed everything we're seeing in these leaks.

Tactician

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarkBlade126
3DS FC
0748-1784-0273
To add to this, the only leak the extra characters were actually included on was this one:

http://archive.moe/v/thread/255219896/#q255219896

So I wouldn't call it confirmed, but it does line up so well with the Ninka/Vaanrose and ESRB leaks that it's definitely worth watching.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
People backing out of their pre-orders seem to be overreacting. If you're buying the game because of a certain character you're not really buying the game for what it is: a Smash game. This isn't Super K Rool Brothers.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
As stated earlier, All Star mode. Locked. Its always unlocked when every character is unlocked. I don't even want to play as any of the characters listed there, but logic dictates that there's most likely more things we've yet to see.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
But the question is are there 3 characters or 5 characters left to be unlocked there?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
We don´t have confirmation if there is more chars on the roster.
In the leaks, All-Star Mode is locked. Meaning that not all characters have been unlocked, since the Mode is only available once you have every playable character.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
In the leaks, All-Star Mode is locked. Meaning that not all characters have been unlocked, since the Mode is only available once you have every playable character.
Was the first leaker though? He is the only one trustworthy....isn´t he?

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Was the first leaker though? He is the only one trustworthy....isn´t he?
It was shortly made after the CSS. Almost every pose in the pic could have been taken from another pic, but the UI matches this leak.

Last edited:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The tiptoeing around Ridley irritates me because if the final roster is the one we've been given, then Nintendo's coyness amounts to nothing. What was the point of leading us on for a year while confirming other characters as unplayable?

Ugh, I might not buy this game in the end just because of how malicious that feels. I hope Bowser Jr has those Koopaling alts. Iggy would be utterly fantastic.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The tiptoeing around Ridley irritates me because if the final roster is the one we've been given, then Nintendo's coyness amounts to nothing. What was the point of leading us on for a year while confirming other characters as unplayable?

Ugh, I might not buy this game in the end just because of how malicious that feels. I hope Bowser Jr has those Koopaling alts. Iggy would be utterly fantastic.
Iggy is the best Kopalang. By far.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
As stated earlier, All Star mode. Locked. Its always unlocked when every character is unlocked. I don't even want to play as any of the characters listed there, but logic dictates that there's most likely more things we've yet to see.
^This guy understands. He a rich homie.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Were is the proof man? WERE IS THE PROOF!! Doom´s day here and melted Ice Climbers hopes.
I thought the proof was that All-Star mode was locked on the leaker's copy/video.

And if I have that wrong, there isn't proof for them to be gone, either..

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i always wondered what the duck hunt dogs moveset is
Probably infuriating everyone. His Final Smash would involve playing Duck Hunt and whether or not you hit anyone, he still laughs at you like a prick.

Just look at his stupid grin. I'LL WIPE THAT SMILE OFF, MUTHA-bleep-!!!

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
People backing out of their pre-orders seem to be overreacting. If you're buying the game because of a certain character you're not really buying the game for what it is: a Smash game. This isn't Super K Rool Brothers.
If this game can not have waluigi as a playable character and make me want to buy it. any fan of any character can still buy this.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Funny thing about the CSS is that Robin is in the center because Robin is da best.

AuraStorm13

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'd have to agree that people canceling their Preorders because of the leak are overreacting a bit, though who am I to decide how others spend their money? Buy the game, don't buy the game, it makes no difference to me in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, the fact that there's at least a couple of locked characters is nice, as there's still some mystery to the game. I'll admit that while knowing that these characters did indeed make their way into the game is nice, it does kill some of the excitement for me to a certain degree, but I digress, I probably would've spoiled myself anyway when the game launched in Japan regardless. Still, I'm interested to see how what's left turns out.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Funny thing about the CSS is that Robin is in the center because Robin is da best.
Somebody stoled Kirby's place.

Curious to see if when the roster is complete, Kirby will sit on the middle yet again.

D

Deleted member

Been gone for a few hours, so new rumor is NoA employee fired and sued for leaking?

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
So if the person that is leaking this information is actually from NOA, im sure he is the only one posting the pics/videos. So people are probably taking advantage of this making these leaks based of the pictures/vids. They might just be basing it on roster slots left and because of allstar mode locked, for all we know the remaining characters could be wolf, ice climbers, mewtwo, ridley, and dixie/chorus kids, I wouldnt be too set and stone on these text leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom