• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keninblack

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit is about to make 6th grade Deviant Art users go wild I bet.

I thought Bowser Jr was going to be hella stupid but i'm glad they included him in such a boss ass way.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how Nintendo is hunting down the leaked videos, it pretty much solidifies it as being true
So if someone made fake videos and passed them off as being the real, genuine product... you don't think Nintendo would hunt them down?

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Ha!

It took me a second to get it.
Never use this gif again this man who laugh here was a dictator and in this gif he laughed for the question of the reporter who talked about Hitler somehow this man aknowledged what hitler did so please refrain of using this gif again man !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway for talk about this leak I hope that DLC is also concidered thus the potential commercial to put later other character with their own Amiibo

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Never use this gif again this man who laugh here was a dictator and in this gif he laughed for the question of the reporter who talked about Hitler somehow this man aknowledged what hitler did so please refrain of using this gif again man !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idi_Amin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway for talk about this leak I hope that DLC is also concidered thus the potential commercial to put later other character with their own Amiibo
Oh, sorry. I just see it around the internet.

sillyjeff

Smash Rookie
NNID
sillyjeff
Well, the leak is real, huh? How about that. I'm a bit surprised, but pleasantly surprised, since I really wanted shulk in the game.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I hope they announce a direct soon, all this speculating is driving me nuts :/

Some people on gamefaqs I hate that uncivilized mess of a forum are wondering: if 686 trophies are unlocked, why isn't the entire roster unlocked yet?
Too much Smash Run playing?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
To those who are disappointed by this roster, why?

It's cool if you are, I just don't understand where you are coming from. Even if the rumored 4 or 5 more turn out to be fake, and this is all there is, that is 50 characters (including all 3 Mii forms). That is a ton! And we have quite an interesting mix of them as well. Everything from a boxer, to a magic swordsman, to a fairy godmother with a magic star.

Sure there are some characters I would have liked to have seen that either aren't in the running if the roster image is the whole thing (*cough* Ridley *cough*) and even some that have no chance if the text part is true as well (*cough* K. Rool *cough*), and even one who was outright disconfirmed by the said leak via trophy description (*cough* Krystal *cough*). But were we really expecting just because there was one character who was really important to us that we'd get it?

I realize there were quite a few cuts, but there were some from Melee to Brawl, and it had fewer characters to potentially put on the chopping block. Did we really expect this time to be different just because there were no true clones to put on that chopping block? And let's be real for a second while veterans are great, isn't the new content where it's at? I mean if we really get a craving to play as Starwolf (and we likely will because he is awesome) we still have Brawl.
Yes, but we can't pit Wolf against Shulk. Mewtwo and Roy were cut due to time constraints and were planned to be in Brawl. New content is great, but old content in new environments are just as great.

My issue is just personal preference.

SoulOfKhaos

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoulKhaos
I agree DLC stages and characters should seriously be considered, I'm sure alot of people would be interested in buying them. (Me included)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I hope Mach Rider is a FalconRider if he's in. That way, you can have a remake of Metal Gear Solid with Ganondorf as Big Boss, Falcon as Snake, and Rider as Liquid.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be worth sending "sakurai pls" letters/emails about dlc. It' d help gauge interest.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I just find it weird the ice climbers were cut due to limitations. Maybe they're unlockable now or something I don't know.
Glad the doctor and rob are back.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Do we know if 686 is the max number of trophies?

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
To those who are disappointed by this roster, why?

It's cool if you are, I just don't understand where you are coming from. Even if the rumored 4 or 5 more turn out to be fake, and this is all there is, that is 50 characters (including all 3 Mii forms). That is a ton! And we have quite an interesting mix of them as well. Everything from a boxer, to a magic swordsman, to a fairy godmother with a magic star.

Sure there are some characters I would have liked to have seen that either aren't in the running if the roster image is the whole thing (*cough* Ridley *cough*) and even some that have no chance if the text part is true as well (*cough* K. Rool *cough*), and even one who was outright disconfirmed by the said leak via trophy description (*cough* Krystal *cough*). But were we really expecting just because there was one character who was really important to us that we'd get it?

I realize there were quite a few cuts, but there were some from Melee to Brawl, and it had fewer characters to potentially put on the chopping block. Did we really expect this time to be different just because there were no true clones to put on that chopping block? And let's be real for a second while veterans are great, isn't the new content where it's at? I mean if we really get a craving to play as Starwolf (and we likely will because he is awesome) we still have Brawl.
It doesn't matter how many characters there are. Quantity =/= quality. I am disappointed because I just wanted my Brawl main back. Give me my Brawl main back, I would have been happy, no matter what. But instead, Star Fox loses a good character, Metroid and DK still have only two reps, and Kid ****ing Icarus gets three. He can revamp Pit, yet Ganondorf still appears to be a clone. He can give us back Dr. Mario, but not Mewtwo.

We have six characters cut. SIX. Six unique movesets gone. if the CSS leak is the full roster, which is still possible, then we only get 9 more characters adding onto Brawl's overall roster count, and 3 of those are last-minute clones, meaning that at some point, someone thought it was okay to cut six unique characters, and only add six more.

This may not be the final roster, Mewtwo and Ridley may still have a shot, and I hope they get in. DLC is a thing as well. But if they don't get in, and DLC doesn't happen, then perhaps this should be Sakurai's last Smash game.

It's great if you like this roster, like it all you wish. I've lost my main twice in a row now, and am not really getting a whole lot in return.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
It still irks me with the whole Olimar and Rosalina situation for the Ice Climbers sake. Just how different is Luma's AI to Nana's? And obviously Pikmin dont really have much of a AI besides returning to Olimar, but still...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The way I see it
Dixie: Clone of Diddy
Impa: Clone of Sheik
Ridley: Clone of Charizard
Mewtwo and Mach Rider are their own characters
So Ridley's getting Ganondorf'd?

I had completely forgotten about this. Looks like BitF predicted the future in the most improbable way.
well, without the detail that bowser jr is also in of course
Well, he did predict Froakie's future popularity, maybe he's a prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom