• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Hey so I don't want to get anything spoiled for me except one thing; Can somebody tell me if Ice Climbers are back?

Sorry in advance for interrupting the conversation.
So far, we don't see them returning if this is real. :crying:
Also, anyone else's Smashboards crash again? :p

Bonren

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bonren
3DS FC
1564-2345-5130
Anyone bothered by how Shulk keeps putting the Monado in his back?
Yes! It's so strange to me...I guess it takes some getting used to. I mean whats the purpose of putting it away so much?
It just looks so awkward....

Mewter

Smash Master
A leaker released a ton of leaked photos in an album.
For better or for worse, it appears the leak is completely real.
I myself am excited at possibly having Mewtwo back in the official Smash games again. :)

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm hoping for Lucas, Wolf, and Ice Climbers to be DLC.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
If Mewtwo and Ridley are in, then I can deal with Wolf being gone. But if Wolf is gone, we STILL don't get Ridley, AND Mewtwo doesn't come back, then this roster sucks, no bones about it.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
who did you want?
It's a bit embarrassing with Gematsu haters all over, but I wanted the Chorus Men. I absolutely LOVE music and I love the idea of playing with a character whose gimmick could have been music related. Maybe his attacks require a certain rhythm to be good or something. But to be fair, I didn't see them coming too much so I can't be completely sad.

Two characters I wanted but I knew we weren't going to get at all were Sceptile and Tetra. Seeing Impa saddens me a bit.

Thank you for asking. And like I said, don't let my sadness bring you guys down. This is the perfect time to celebrate and enjoy what you were giving. SMASH BROS 4(ever).

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman

Alax made a vid.
It showed up on my subscriptions earlier, but it seems he's made it private.

I saw a bit of the description, he said he made it before all of the new info was released this morning. It was likely going to be a rehash of everything we've discussed up to last night.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
If Mewtwo and Ridley are in, then I can deal with Wolf being gone. But if Wolf is gone, we STILL don't get Ridley, AND Mewtwo doesn't come back, then this roster sucks, no bones about it.
Did you not read? a leak Prior to Ninka had literally the same info but a few more characters they include Mach Rider Ridley Mewtwo Dixie and I've Heard Impa too But I'm not sure on that one

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Plz let Mach Rider be true!!

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Did you not read? a leak Prior to Ninka had literally the same info but a few more characters they include Mach Rider Ridley Mewtwo Dixie and I've Heard Impa too But I'm not sure on that one
Can you not read? They aren't confirmed yet.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Yes! It's so strange to me...I guess it takes some getting used to. I mean whats the purpose of putting it away so much?
It just looks so awkward....
He does that after every fight in Xenoblade. While putting it away after every attack is kinda odd, it's not very different from Megaman swapping to his finger-arm after shooting his buster.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
It's a bit embarrassing with Gematsu haters all over, but I wanted the Chorus Men. I absolutely LOVE music and I love the idea of playing with a character whose gimmick could have been music related. Maybe his attacks require a certain rhythm to be good or something. But to be fair, I didn't see them coming too much so I can't be completely sad.

Two characters I wanted but I knew we weren't going to get at all were Sceptile and Tetra. Seeing Impa saddens me a bit.

Thank you for asking. And like I said, don't let my sadness bring you guys down. This is the perfect time to celebrate and enjoy what you were giving. SMASH BROS 4(ever).
Couldn't care less about Tetra, but only Shulk is as great as Sceptile and Chorus Men would be. I go crazy over the concept of using rhythm mechanics in non-rhythm games.

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
Why does everyone think that there are going to be five more characters? not that I wouldn't want that, but we also have to take into consideration that the Miis are going to take up a space, which would leave 4 spots (unless the Miis take up 3 spots, just to troll people)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

That sexy Uptilt distance.
Holy crap that's some serious range there.

Why does everyone think that there are going to be five more characters? not that I wouldn't want that, but we also have to take into consideration that the Miis are going to take up a space, which would leave 4 spots (unless the Miis take up 3 spots, just to troll people)
Most people think the Miis will have a special way of selecting them. We just don't know how they'll work.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
I hope they announce a direct soon, all this speculating is driving me nuts :/

Some people on gamefaqs I hate that uncivilized mess of a forum are wondering: if 686 trophies are unlocked, why isn't the entire roster unlocked yet?

R0Y

Smash Master
If this is real, I feel bad for Nintendo. In order to sell at retail, the ESRB is a de facto requirement in North America, though not mandated anywhere by law (even the ratings are technically not, it's a common misconception.)

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Since when?

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
To those who are disappointed by this roster, why?

It's cool if you are, I just don't understand where you are coming from. Even if the rumored 4 or 5 more turn out to be fake, and this is all there is, that is 50 characters (including all 3 Mii forms). That is a ton! And we have quite an interesting mix of them as well. Everything from a boxer, to a magic swordsman, to a fairy godmother with a magic star.

Sure there are some characters I would have liked to have seen that either aren't in the running if the roster image is the whole thing (*cough* Ridley *cough*) and even some that have no chance if the text part is true as well (*cough* K. Rool *cough*), and even one who was outright disconfirmed by the said leak via trophy description (*cough* Krystal *cough*). But were we really expecting just because there was one character who was really important to us that we'd get it?

I realize there were quite a few cuts, but there were some from Melee to Brawl, and it had fewer characters to potentially put on the chopping block. Did we really expect this time to be different just because there were no true clones to put on that chopping block? And let's be real for a second while veterans are great, isn't the new content where it's at? I mean if we really get a craving to play as Starwolf (and we likely will because he is awesome) we still have Brawl.

Icarus Aurelius

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheIcarus1632
3DS FC
5327-0988-2034
HugoBoss Said:
Since when?
I assume that they would have to take up a space, I mean how else would you select them?

Last edited:

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as how Nintendo is hunting down the leaked videos, it pretty much solidifies it as being true

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo

That sexy Uptilt distance.

On the note of the leak, if this is the final roster, I am perfectly fine with it. I somewhat doubt it, but the selection we have is rather nice, and I'd be okay either way. More characters is just icing on the cake at this point.

Bobomberman

Smash Cadet
Okay okay, I'm only posting this to see what others are going to say about it (considering EVERY TIME ITS BEEN CLARIFIED people forget 3 pages later)

>Dixie
>Shulk
>Chorus Men
>Ridley
>Bowser Jr
>Mewtwo
>Duck Hunt Dog

No info on reveal dates. Please do not ask

I do not know more.

That maybe all. Was not told
As far as all the people in the know have stated that is the only leak BEFORE Ninka/Vaanrose that mentioned Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley AND has Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt on it.

It was leaked on 4Chan and only has ANY credibility because it matches Ninka (which matches this leak entirely) on Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr. The rest on that list are either Gematsu or popular requests, so it brings into question this leaks validity.

I would like to know where Mach Rider was first heard of, considering this is what MFLeaker has decided to top off these with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom