• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127016165&postcount=15500

Shows who's fake leakers and who is not. Might clarify stuff and filter bad lies.
This is useful. Everyone should read this.

To all these people whining about Character X not being shown or Character Y making it in, don't you understand that there's a highly likely chance not all content has been revealed with the leak?
Everyone should read this too.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs

Bandana Dee is a good choice for a character. If Kirby had a 4th Rep he would be it instantly. Don't try to say "Well Kirby doesn't need another rep".

I don't think Mario, Zelda (presumably), or Pokemon needed another Rep, but they got one.

There are three slots left. Ridley and Dixie Kong are nearly confirmed because of the Ninka leak mentioning them. Impa, Mach Rider, and MewTwo are the supposed final 3. However there is no definitive proof of that.

So it is possible we may get Bandana Dee, Sceptile, or Chorus Kids.
I'm not here to debate characters. There are other threads for that.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So we get epic Hyrule Warrior Ganondorf but in Smash we get "still a Captain Falcon clone"dorf.

I sincerely hope these leaks upset Mr. Samurai.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
To all these people whining about Character X not being shown or Character Y making it in, don't you understand that there's a highly likely chance not all content has been revealed with the leak?
I'm so tired that I read your post as Charizard X and Charizard Y, and I wasn't understanding...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm not here to debate characters. There are other threads for that.
Then don't go crapping on other people's favorites if you didn't expect a rebuttal. Jeez, be considerate for other people's feelings.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
wait since when was there a discrepancy?
I think I was uninformed.

I saw the leak that mentioned Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong and Chorus Men. Since it also talked about Bowser Jr. in detail (but in a quote separate from the mention of the characters) I thought it was believable. It turns out that the quoted material came from elsewhere? I saw somebody mention here that Ridley, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo originated before the leak mentioned above, too.

So the Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Impa and Mach Rider leak is the more believable one?

I don't know... Trying to make sense of it all.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
"Have you ever made a game?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

Leaks aren't just a matter of "waaaaah my game's spoiled, now I can't be a god of suspense!!!!!!!!!!!"

Leaks are mostly problematic because, in a lot of cases, leaks are taken from unfinished builds of games. But the general public are too ignorant to realise that.

I've already seen people claim Shulk's animations look choppy and stiff. I've already seen journalists claim this leak shows the full roster, but then I'm seeing people claim the leakers say it isn't. I've already seen people say the "sexy shots" of female trophies are "perverted promotional screens", not realising that those areas of the game are specifically shown to the ESRB for filming purposes.

While we know for a fact that this is indeed a real leak, it's still likely a misrepresentation of the final product, and that's a problem. The crappy video quality doesn't help.

And Sakurai can't always "just show characters off earlier". You do realise the newcomer trailers have very high production values, right? Kinda hard to handle that and actually developing the game and adding MORE characters all at the same time. It's probably half the reason some characters will be unlockables at all. He can't pump out stuff like the Robin trailer all that often, especially since he gets different animation studios to do different trailers, to get appropriate art styles.

Well no duh there are negative externalities with leaks. But they exist. That is the reality. Since they are not disappearing any time soon, he has to adapt to this factor when he plans on releasing information.

Edit: well, he doesn't have to do anythig, but this scenario that we are seeing is wha happens when you don't.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
GUYS. Could someone please fill me in on what has happened.
Summary:
>Videos of gameplay with the characters in the leak uploaded
>A lot of people go like crazy and are like 'Real!'
>The videos are taken down by Nintendo, making more people think it's real

Last edited:

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
All-Star mode lock. We pretty much know there are more, combined with the black background that's clearly meant to be filled. It's pretty easy to assume that All-Star mode is locked because all the characters aren't.
All-Star mode lock doesn't mean anything. The footage might be out of order, its just a random video compilation after-all.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Ok, I know you want to discuss what this means for your characters, but flamebaiting and attacking other people for their choice in characters is not acceptable. Consider this your warning, if it keeps happening, I will be handing out infractions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Summary:
>Videos of gameplay with the characters in the leak uploaded
>A lot of people go like crazy and are like 'Real!'
>The videos are taken down by Nintendo, making more people think it's real
After this last week, and most importantly today, how can you still say it's not real?

Davybot

Smash Rookie
NNID
davybot
Jfc, all of this leak hype is lagging on this site. I won't lie I really like that Dr. Mario could be possibly back, I love the Doc. Hopefully he is at least somewhat different and has a Dr. Luigi alt.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Gameplay surfaced, confirming the leaks. Then the leakers posted a list of the remaining characters (Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Mach Rider). Then everybody was pissed because their favorite character wasn't in that list. And that's pretty much it.

So, that CSS is real, but it's apparently not the whole roster. The whole roster remains unknown as of now.

Anyways. How many characters are in this game? Geez. I keep seeing people say that the leaker ain't unlocked all of them yet.
If the list given by the leaker is true, we'd have 53 characters! It's 48 minimum, given the CSS is most likely true.

Last edited:

OMN15145H

Smash Cadet
Someone posted (taken down by Nintendo) footage of the ESRB video on YouTube earlier today (Bowser Jr., Shulk, etc.), basically confirming the leak.
EDIT::4greninja:'d hard

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Imagine if Sakurai got so upset by these leaks that he took all the new leaked characters out of the roster :troll:

Then he put Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf and Snake back in :3

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well no duh there are negative externalities with leaks. But they exist. That is the reality. Since they are not disappearing any time soon, he has to adapt to this factor when he plans on releasing information.

Edit: well, he doesn't have to do anythig, but this scenario that we are seeing is wha happens when you don't.
Doesn't mean we can't feel bad for the guy. As an aspiring game designer myself, I do think leaks are a completely toxic part of the industry, and this particular instance, a complete breaking of an oath of trust (the ESRB guy had one job - review the game footage to find an appropriate rating for Western audiences. Nothing more than that).

If this were a case of info coming from the Japanese release it'd be different, since that's to be expected and I'm sure Sakurai himself perfectly anticipates such a thing happening. But no developer should have to bend to the will of impatient fans like this, and should not have to worry about people spreading footage of an unfinished build and calling it official. Not to mention that what's being done here is outright illegal to begin with.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Gameplay surfaced, confirming the leaks. Then the leakers posted a list of the remaining characters (Impa, Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo and Mach Rider). Then everybody was pissed because their favorite character wasn't in that list. And that's pretty much it.

So, that CSS is real, but it's apparently not the whole roster. The whole roster remains unknown as of now.

If the list given by the leaker is true, we'd have 53 characters! It's 48 minimum, given the CSS is most likely true.
This is the first I've heard of this list, where can I find it?

D

Deleted member

Did you even read my post? I never even said I don't believe it.
writing it like 'real' heavily implied that you still didn't believe it. That's at least how I read it. It made it seem sarcastic by putting extra emphasis on real.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

Though we have no confirmation on the remaining characters because of no pictures/video/evidence other than going by the leaker's word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom