• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm still skeptical of any more newcomers, if the leak is from an ESRB video why would they have a roster pic minus a 3-4 more characters? That doesn't even make sense. The speculation that there are more characters seems to be based around the fact that All Star mode is locked...but what does that have to do with anything if all this is coming from an ESRB video? Maybe in that particular screen shot the characters weren't unlocked yet.

The only way it makes sense is if this isn't from the ESRB, nothing else explains the shot of an incomplete roster to me.
All-Star mode lock. We pretty much know there are more, combined with the black background that's clearly meant to be filled. It's pretty easy to assume that All-Star mode is locked because all the characters aren't.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I would've been convinced of this a few years ago. But today? Almost anything can be faked in this day and age, even stuff like that. And with the extent that Brawl has been hacked, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't been building this over the course of the two years since the first footage was released at E3.
For one, it isn't being displayed on actual 3DS hardware.
Secondly, the AI is dumber than a sack of bricks. Is anyone taking a look at those things? The AI in previous Smash games was a lot better than that. Combined with the fact that the "leaked" characters were only controlled by the computers, it's entirely possible that the "leaked" characters were operating on AI not their own (I'm pretty convinced Bowser Jr. is using Mega Man's AI and body frame, myself).
Sorry, but that makes no sense.

Let's assume the videos are of Brawl hacks. Those are still fully animated models of Bowser Jr, Shulk, Lucina, and "Smash 4" Bowser.
That would take way more than three months to finish on it's own.

Why is the two months relevant?

Because of the imgur photos that also came today. They show off a lot of menus. Our first official look at any 3DS menus was E3 (the trailer in the Digital Event). Meaning, convincing menu mock-ups for the 3DS version, could only have STARTED production three months ago.

But it's simply impossible that an amateur (or even a professional) photoshopped ALL of those imgur photos, AND modelled and animated four custom models for Brawl, AND modded Battlefield to look like 3DS Battlefield, in a mere three months. It would take an awful lot of careful planning.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman

People still think this is fake? Seriously?

Yes supposedly. 5 to be exact.

Ridley and Dixie Kong are very likely since they were in a previous true Ninka leak, while we don't know the final three. Some people claim the final 3 to be MewTwo, Mach Rider, and Impa. However there is no proof of that.
I don't think any of those are likely. I wouldn't go by text leaks. What makes Chorus Men not one of the likely five?

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Quit feeling bad for Sakurai.

It's 2014. Games get leaked. Release your trailers earlier if you don't want people to find out first via leak.

The game comes out in just over 2 weeks. He should of given the Robin treatment more often. That was awesome. But he didn't.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I don't think any of those are likely. I wouldn't go by text leaks. What makes Chorus Men not one of the likely five?
That's why I said "some people claim".

My dream final 3 would be Bandana Dee, Sceptile, and Slippy for the Lulz.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
I have a feeling the leaker will soon be in a world of hurt

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
While I do feel bad for Sakurai, it can't be helped. It's not long until the game comes out, and this is usually the time where everything get's leaked...

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Feel bad for what?, he's doing his job, **** gets leaked everywhere, as long as the internet exists there was no reason to believe that this wasn't going to get leaked, anfd with the japanese release so close, it was to be expected.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
At least Sakurai still has some kickass trailers to show off. That's something the leaker can't take away. Sure it won't be as surprising but still fun.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Even with all this proof, the leaker can't win.

*Pre CSS pic*

"lol, fake, obviously made by a Optimistic smash fan"

*CSS is shown*

"lol, fake, so much photoshop, no footage or fake"

*Footage is shown*

"lol, obviously a Brawl mod. You're all so gullible"

*Footage is taken down*

"..."

"****"

lurxy

Smash Cadet
NNID
lurxylux
Switch FC
SW 7645 5399 8874
While I do feel bad for Sakurai, it can't be helped. It's not long until the game comes out, and this is usually the time where everything get's leaked...
Well, I think the way how it was leaked is the worst of all. If the ERSB really had a guy leaking all the info, the trust between publishers and the rating agencies will be hurt deep within. If the leak would have been from a guy who got the game earlier because of whatever reason, i would understand. But with the leaker being presumably someone from ERSB, this is so ****ed up. This is what makes me really angry..

Cherenando

Smash Apprentice
I'm just hoping snake comes back

at least as DLC , if not well Robin seems cool too but Snake is the man I go to if I need to kick some ass while looking badass :D

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bandana Dee is not pleased with you. :laugh:
But seriously, it is a disappointment that after so many things Bandana Dee has been in, he probably won't be playable until smash 5. Oh well, there's still a chance for him.
Nah bruh Smash 5 has the same roster.

lavadeira

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1736-0917-9729
Reaction: Hoping they are still working on Shulk. Though not very likely since they have supposedly already shown the game to ESRB.

By the way, is there still a video with original audio floating around?

Spire

III
BRoomer
This will be Sakurai's last Smash Bros methinks. He's going all out, and I've a feeling the roster will, when all is said and done, completely kick our collective ass.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Bandana Dee is not pleased with you. :laugh:
But seriously, it is a disappointment that after so many things Bandana Dee has been in, he probably won't be playable until smash 5. Oh well, there's still a chance for him.
A much better situation than Isaac who now will likely never be playable in a SSB ever.

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
But what about Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Bandana Dee, Mach Rider, Captain Toad, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, the Chorus Men, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Masked Man, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Krystal, Roy, Black Shadow, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Hades, Geno, Rayman, Chibi Robo, Impa, Sceptile and Vaati?:troll:

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
To all these people whining about Character X not being shown or Character Y making it in, don't you understand that there's a highly likely chance not all content has been revealed with the leak?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Thank god.

Bandana Dee is a good choice for a character. If Kirby had a 4th Rep he would be it instantly. Don't try to say "Well Kirby doesn't need another rep".

I don't think Mario, Zelda (presumably), or Pokemon needed another Rep, but they got one.

To all these people whining about Character X not being shown or Character Y making it in, don't you understand that there's a highly likely chance not all content has been revealed with the leak?
There are three slots left. Ridley and Dixie Kong are nearly confirmed because of the Ninka leak mentioning them. Impa, Mach Rider, and MewTwo are the supposed final 3. However there is no definitive proof of that.

So it is possible we may get Bandana Dee, Sceptile, or Chorus Kids.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's 2014. Games get leaked. Release your trailers earlier if you don't want people to find out first via leak.

The game comes out in just over 2 weeks. He should of given the Robin treatment more often. That was awesome. But he didn't.
"Have you ever made a game?"
-Masahiro Sakurai

Leaks aren't just a matter of "waaaaah my game's spoiled, now I can't be a god of suspense!!!!!!!!!!!"

Leaks are mostly problematic because, in a lot of cases, leaks are taken from unfinished builds of games. But the general public are too ignorant to realise that.

I've already seen people claim Shulk's animations look choppy and stiff. I've already seen journalists claim this leak shows the full roster, but then I'm seeing people claim the leakers say it isn't. I've already seen people say the "sexy shots" of female trophies are "perverted promotional screens", not realising that those areas of the game are specifically shown to the ESRB for filming purposes.

While we know for a fact that this is indeed a real leak, it's still likely a misrepresentation of the final product, and that's a problem. The crappy video quality doesn't help.

And Sakurai can't always "just show characters off earlier". You do realise the newcomer trailers have very high production values, right? Kinda hard to handle that and actually developing the game and adding MORE characters all at the same time. It's probably half the reason some characters will be unlockables at all. He can't pump out stuff like the Robin trailer all that often, especially since he gets different animation studios to do different trailers, to get appropriate art styles.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
But what about Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Bandana Dee, Mach Rider, Captain Toad, Isaac, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, the Chorus Men, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, Masked Man, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Krystal, Roy, Black Shadow, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Hades, Geno, Rayman, Chibi Robo, Impa, Sceptile and Vaati?
Assist Trophies.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman

That's how I feel too.
I've got nothing but respect for Sakurai, but this is really his choice.
It's funny because I said this like a week ago before any of this started in the PoTD thread. I said "Sakurai has two choices. He can either start revealing stuff himself soon, or things are going to get leaked and he won't be able to be the one to show us the new content".

Things get leaked. This is the internet and it happens, especially with something as big as Smash Bros. The 3DS version comes out in Japan in less than 3 weeks. If *I* were Sakurai, I'd be showing the last newcomer trailers around this time and i would have had most of the veterans up by now.
He could put up a spoiler warning like he did for Brawl telling people to stop checking the pics of the day if they wanted to be surprised, and he could have just started posting spoilers.

But instead of new content, we keep getting Smash Run updates, and filler posts. It's up to him. Last night we could have seen Ganondorf on miiverse directly from Sakurai, but instead we saw him in action in a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom