• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Positovo proves absolutely nothing...we knew these were screen caps off a monitor ages ago. The "lip" in the CSS on the very first day was noted as proof that these are direct captures if it's legit.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel bad for Sakurai.

It's 2014, people want to know who is going to be in the fighting game. That's why we are all here.

We are curious. If info gets out, we are gonna see it.

He should know that there will likely always be leakers. He should have taken this into account and given the trailers more often and sooner. Ex: robin, that was done spectacularly. We died of the hype. He should have followed up shortly after. Now wait till less than 3 weeks before release. He should have done one after the e3 tourney. Comic con, etc.

He ran out of time. He should have known this was likely. He should have factored this in if he wanted his trailers to be the reveal.

Last edited:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Not sure if it's worth pointing out but it seems that Wii Brasil (Unofficial Brazilian Wii facebook) discovered something interesting

In case you don't understand, the monitor logo is barely visible, but it says "Positivo"

Positivo is a Brazilian Computer Monitor brand/company, and their logo are easily recognizable, if someone can mess around with the brightness we can get confirmation if it's really from Positivo.
Hmm yeah, they are on Positivo Televisions, why couldn't they be?

Remember that those images are supposed to come from videos, so those videos must be reproduced in some kind of television/monitor.

This just shows us that the leaker of those images may be a brazilian (or not, I´m not sure if Positivo sell television to other countries).

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Positovo proves absolutely nothing...we knew these were screen caps off a monitor ages ago. The "lip" in the CSS on the very first day was noted as proof that these are direct captures if it's legit.
It would mean nothing if it wasn't a company from Brazil.

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Within the past 7-8 minutes, all the leak videos got deleted.

"Leak3" This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc.."

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If this happened, i would laugh so hard then probably just cry with joy at how awesome and how taken car of this game is.
That's why I love game developers who have fun and make us have fun. It's not that interesting to see a developer just show stuff and ignore leaks, fan theories, requests, etc. Hyrule Warriors had something wacky with Cuccos, Kojima outright lied that The Phantom Pain was some new survival horror game under Joakim Mogren - eventually it sort of became true with the new Silent Hill under him and Del Toro -, and the recent Lucina & Robin trailer seemed to poke at fans.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
Anyone think maybe Mach Rider has Snake's move set or aspects of it?
why mach rider of all characters

we know snake's been getting disassembled to **** and back but that's not a place I'd expect part of him to end up?

not that I know anything about mach rider other than that he rides fast

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I get why people are putting a lot of stock in Dixie, Mewtwo, and Ridley, but why does everyone seem to have jumped to assuming Impa and Mach Rider rather than a Rhythm Heaven character?
Tbh I don't, where are people getting any of those from?

R0Y

Smash Master
Real as **** now... No denying it.

I hope those final characters that Mother claimed are legit though. I can't believe it without pics, but I want to believe.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As much as I believe these leaks, I still don't get why people feel compelled to put them out.

It's apparently because of stuff like this that Sakurai decided to not bother with a story mode...

HAEJIN

Smash Apprentice
Guys guys.

Nintendo removed those videos because they are CLEARLY fake. Right guys? *Kappa*

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
why mach rider of all characters

we know snake's been getting disassembled to **** and back but that's not a place I'd expect part of him to end up?

not that I know anything about mach rider other than that he rides fast
I mean Mach Rider is as much of a blank slate as Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon were before they were in Smash. I just can't see them completely axing Snake's amazing moveset and Mach Rider seems so left field, almost as if he's there to replace a character who couldn't be added due to copyright bs, I don't know.

Sages

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this has been posted. These pics are apparently from the original "Source Guy" to a secondary leaker who gave us this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nhygkmysy1wzenr/AADxX8yrwbuOg0eccQ1CCvZia?dl=0#/

They are better quality (you can see the whisker dots on Duck Hunt for instance) but the dang mystery pink stage is still blurry. I think one or 2 pics here haven't been seen yet either, like this one:
Haven't seen these together, they've always been cropped to show either top or bottom.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Real as **** now... No denying it.

I hope those final characters that Mother claimed are legit though. I can't believe it without pics, but I want to believe.
Me, too. My stomach is in knots. lol. They really need to get some proof out or I'm going to go crazy.

Those characters make or break the roster for me.

SmashBurner

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BurnAce
3DS FC
3754-8538-3606
Totally stoked from all the news. But uh oh. NoA is on the scene. Leakers be weary... Reggie is on the prowl.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Well well well, Ninty decided to make a move, and its the bad one. This whole ordeal is just too much.
How was taking down the videos a bad move on Nintendo's part? They're just protecting their assets on a game that's yet to be released. It's like other companies taking down video game footage on a game with spoilers to them almost immediately upon release of the game.

We know, so why keep them up? It's all been archived by this point too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Where did this Dixie/Mewtwo/Ridley thing came from? can we trust it?
Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids were leaked alongside Dark Pit, Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr way before the Ninka leak had any credibility (as in ~May), so the fact that there are characters missing means they're incredibly likely to be the ones missing. I don't have the full story on the Impa and Mach Rider part of it though.

Last edited:

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
It is literally impossible to call the leak fake now. Sorry detractors. #teamreal4eva

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Me, too. My stomach is in knots. lol. They really need to get some proof out or I'm going to go crazy.

Those characters make or break the roster for me.
I may have missed this part. Who are the characters in question here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom