• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The rating has been there for at least a month. The rating has been brought up in the Krystal thread. Jokingly, I think, that "mild suggestive themes" might have been evidence that Krystal was in. I don't want to get into that discussion in this thread, I'm just pointing out that the rating has been there for a while
Doubt because of Krystal, probably because of Zamus and Palutena.

Khao

Smash Lord
The rating has been there for at least a month. The rating has been brought up in the Krystal thread. Jokingly, I think, that "mild suggestive themes" might have been evidence that Krystal was in. I don't want to get into that discussion in this thread, I'm just pointing out that the rating has been there for a while.

Right. I thought about that and so I looked it up and in Brawl they were called "Ice Climbers." I did not think to check melee. Touché. However, the characters are still ice climbers. A dog is still not a duck hunt.
It's the japanese version, actually, both games have them called "Ice Climbers" over here, and "Ice Climber" in Japan.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Tbh, this roster is good for me.
But just add in Wolf and Lucas (Doesn't matter if on disc or DLC. Also Ice Climbers as Wii U Exclusive DLC :p)

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
In my own opinion (and it seems to be a pretty unpopular one), I welcome Pittoo to the roster and I might actually play as him more than "Normal Pit" because I actually really liked his character in Uprising- One of my all-time favorite video games (Including Consoles (yes, I own more than Nintendo systems)) that I still play at least three times a week. I think it's just that good (and it's online amazingly fun), but that may just be me.
Actually downloaded Uprising just a few hours ago to become familiar with Dark Pit and Palutena a bit more. Not the only reason, I wanted to for a while, but this was a good motivation to run through it. I have to admit that I'm not 100% on his inclusion as a clone for the fact I feel there's already too much Kid Icarus, but if we're being completely honest I'm not 100% on Palutena and didn't care for Pit in Brawl either.

Maybe Uprising will change that, trying to keep an open mind.

I would probably be pretty down for Kalas, actually, but Shulk is definitely more likely. :laugh:
Oh man, don't even kid about that. I would love for Kalas to be in Smash. I doubt it'll ever happen, but it'd be great.

To my understanding you have to play it on an XL, because of the camera...

But the controls on the 3DS are a thousand times better than a Wii U pro controller... which is probably half of the reason why I'm more hyped for Smash 3DS, rather than Smash Wii U
Oddly enough the Nintendo rep at my Best Buy brought two XLs and a regular 3DS. It felt alright on the regular one to me and I don't think the camera will be an issue, but most people are probably gonna want those outlines as thick as possible.

I also have to disagree in that it felt better on a 3DS as opposed to a Pro Controller. Pro Controller felt great, all the 3DS demos felt...really weird actually. I want to say that's just not being used to movement with the Circle Pad in Smash as opposed to a console controller. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Actually downloaded Uprising just a few hours ago to become familiar with Dark Pit and Palutena a bit more. Not the only reason, I wanted to for a while, but this was a good motivation to run through it. I have to admit that I'm not 100% on his inclusion as a clone for the fact I feel there's already too much Kid Icarus, but if we're being completely honest I'm not 100% on Palutena and didn't care for Pit in Brawl either.

Maybe Uprising will change that, trying to keep an open mind.

Oh man, don't even kid about that. I would love for Kalas to be in Smash. I doubt it'll ever happen, but it'd be great.

Oddly enough the Nintendo rep at my Best Buy brought two XLs and a regular 3DS. It felt alright on the regular one to me and I don't think the camera will be an issue, but most people are probably gonna want those outlines as thick as possible.

I also have to disagree in that it felt better on a 3DS as opposed to a Pro Controller. Pro Controller felt great, all the 3DS demos felt...really weird actually. I want to say that's just not being used to movement with the Circle Pad in Smash as opposed to a console controller. Time will tell.
Eh, I guess the controls thing is all opinion, but to me, using the second stick on the pro controller is much more inconvenient then no stick at all and the buttons put where the second stick once was... I suppose there might be Circle Pad Pro support.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Fixed. :laugh:
(Seriously though, Ice Climbers better not be exclusive DLC)
Yeah....just DLC :D. If fthey didn't fix the problem, they should just put restrictions on the Ice Climbers. Like there could only either be 4 Ice Climbers, OnIce Climbers and another character, and Ice Climbers and two more characters so the frame rate won't drop.. (By 4 Ice Climbers I mean two Popos and Two Nanas

Edit: *one.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yeah....just DLC :D. If fthey didn't fix the problem, they should just put restrictions on the Ice Climbers. Like there could only either be 4 Ice Climbers, OnIce Climbers and another character, and Ice Climbers and two more characters so the frame rate won't drop.. (By 4 Ice Climbers I mean two Popos and Two Nanas

Edit: *one.
Seeing as we have Rosalina and Luma and Pikmin and Olimar, the problem should be fixed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The last few pages have been shameful, I'm saying that now.

The amount of off-topicness, had I given out infractions, would have banned several users. That's how bad it got.

This is the only warning I will give. Any further off-topicness will result in infractions.

"B-But, there's nothing new to discuss! So normal conversation is fine!"

No it is not. Period. We have a social thread for a reason. If it doesn't have to do with this leak and this leak only, it doesn't go here. End of story.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
What problems could the Ice Climbers have?
If they have a problem and the leak is real, DLC is still on the table.
Think of the Pikmin and Lumas as items. Nana and Popo are indeed two characters in one. You may argue that Rosalina and Luma are Two in one, but it's different.

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I agree that the clown car makes the most sense for Bowser Jr., but I can't help but feel like it would just be very awkward. Can he fly freely around the stage? Is he for some reason confined to simply chugging along right above the ground? How would he jump? Make strange "hops" in a flying machine and then fall... in a flying machine? What would his recovery be, considering he's already in a flying car? etc. etc.

I'm sure they could... probably... find a way to make it work, and it would be cool, I'm just having a lot of trouble picturing its movement options.
I've thought about this some.
1) Technically we already have a character that tackles this issue: ROB. He kinda putts around on jets. BJ could behave the same way... Hovering on the ground and having bursts of flight from the propellor during jumps and recovers.
2) The Clown Car could transform when appropriate like the Mario Karts do (Afterall didn't the vaanrose leak refer to it as a kart?) so like tank treads on the ground, a propellor during aerials, and a raft when in water.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Nah, it's not the fact it's Melee. In Japan, they don't use the plural form "Climbers"
It's the japanese version, actually, both games have them called "Ice Climbers" over here, and "Ice Climber" in Japan.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Doubt because of Krystal, probably because of Zamus and Palutena.
Again, I don't want to bring this discussion here. I never believed that the rating was for Krystal. Just bringing up the fact that the rating has been discussed a while ago so the rating did not go up shortly after this "leak."

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Kinda feel the same way. Pit in SSBB really felt to me like he was trying to capitalize off of Link's popularity - basically trying to be a 'better' Link, so I've always been a bit prejudiced against him. I thoroughly enjoyed the Palutena trailer since Link kicked Pit's ***. Palutena, I've got to say, I'm excited about, though. As for the leak, Pittoo just annoys me for two reasons: one, my own prejudice against KI trying (and kinda succeeding) to be Zelda; and two, I find it really shameful that Pit gets a clone (who, let's face it, will have a fully developed series of moves to differentiate the Pits) whereas Link's been saddled with a Toon clone that still plays with the same specials/final smash/most smash attacks/etc., and who looks like zero effort has gone into separating the two.

As for the rest of the leak, I'm still in that group holding on to the hope that the 4chan speculations of Mewtwo and Ridley are true. I don't like the pictures posted - I'd prefer the character slots to have names like every other game in the series - but there is a lot there that makes it hard to doubt. I feel like if Mewtwo and Ridley showed up, I could deal with the other clones from the overdone series.

And give me back the awesome Dark Link recolor so I can properly show Dark Pit the blast lines.:demon:

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Looking at it.

I see it possible:

Lucas being an Alt with Ness. Yeah, a downgrade, but better than a flat out cut. And maybe Ness/Lucas became a hybrid and they are waiting for a direct to reveal the new changes, like how they did with Sheik, ZSS, Yoshi, etc.

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
We've advanced to the point where we aren't discussing the leak's legitimacy, but what else is out there.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice

Looking at it.

I see it possible:

Lucas being an Alt with Ness. Yeah, a downgrade, but better than a flat out cut. And maybe Ness/Lucas became a hybrid and they are waiting for a direct to reveal the new changes, like how they did with Sheik, ZSS, Yoshi, etc.
No no no, Sakurai said he wouldn't make them alts if they played differently. Lucas may be a clone, but his smash attacks are different and his final smash had some alterations

We've advanced to the point where we aren't discussing the leak's legitimacy, but what else is out there.
Most of the internet at this point thinks it's real, we could discuss the second post a bit more to add more points, but that's really all... Until PotD of course

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Character-specific problems could very well still exist.
Exactly, Nana and Popo are set to Mimic eachother's AI on the dot (which is why Nana helplessly runs about when far away) while Luma and the Pikmin are much more frantic, having them jump around, and in Luma's case even attack Randomly. If there is a big problem, then the Ice Climbers COULD be held back as DLC until the problem is resolved.
1) Technically we already have a character that tackles this issue: ROB. He kinda putts around on jets. BJ could behave the same way... Hovering on the ground and having bursts of flight from the propellor during jumps and recovers.
2) The Clown Car could transform when appropriate like the Mario Karts do (Afterall didn't the vaanrose leak refer to it as a kart?) so like tank treads on the ground, a propellor during aerials, and a raft when in water.
*sees your signature*
o-o
>_>
WHAT DO YOU KNOW

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
No no no, Sakurai said he wouldn't make them alts if they played differently. Lucas may be a clone, but his smash attacks are different and his final smash had some alterations
Read what I said again. They would be combined into 1 character. They would be the same character. A "earthbound character." You just choose Ness or Lucas for the costume.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@ roosaurus roosaurus
If you want to add onto the conversation, please use the edit function instead of doing a double post. Just a heads-up ;)

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know how apt I personally find a Bowser Jr/ROB comparison, but I do think your second idea could be implemented a lot more realistically, in theory.

Right now I still want to lean towards fake, but might as well just say I'm perfectly neutral. There's been so much said for it and so much that still seems wonky to me. I'll be happy (enough) if it's real, and I'll probably be more than happy if it's not. I think we should perhaps look further into the triangle thing. If that image was tampered by MasterLink (would be good to get a confirm/deny here), I doubt that's something he would have added, as we didn't really see the dark spot on Ganondorf as being that triangle until now as far as I know.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Think of the Pikmin and Lumas as items. Nana and Popo are indeed two characters in one. You may argue that Rosalina and Luma are Two in one, but it's different.
What's the difference? Rosalina and Luma even have separate movesets, Ice Climbers' movesets are the same.
And again, if there is a problem, if this leak is real it claims the IC's will be DLC (or was that DLC thing disproven?)

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Not buying it.
Yeah, gonna second that notion.

I could maybe see that if they were blatant clones a la Melee, but reducing a semi-clone to a mere costume? That'd be like making a Luigi costume for Mario, or Falco costume for Fox.

If Lucas gets represented, it's either from the vanilla character selection as his own character or as DLC. I genuinely don't see him being a costume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That reminds me. Posts that solely consist of "any big news/what'd I miss" are treated as spam, as well. Read the damn thread. You don't need to ask this. Just look for yourself.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Warning Received
@ roosaurus roosaurus
If you want to add onto the conversation, please use the edit function instead of doing a double post. Just a heads-up ;)
wouldn't it be cool if I got a warning before gettng an infraction for spam after my first few posts.
oh, well
might as well get another one for spam right here. infractions.
infractions everywhere.

that's what I get for wanting to talk on a forum about a game I enjoy.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Maybe they're gonna give Doc a new moveset, who knows?
Why is he grouped with the clones?
Yeah, gonna second that notion.

I could maybe see that if they were blatant clones a la Melee, but reducing a semi-clone to a mere costume? That'd be like making a Luigi costume for Mario, or Falco costume for Fox.

If Lucas gets represented, it's either from the vanilla character selection as his own character or as DLC. I genuinely don't see him being a costume.
Luigi is like a semi semi clone at this point.

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
Added a few points to the second post from people who pointed out I missed them.

If I missed anyone else, just let me know. There are a crap tonne of posts, and I can't see them all. And even if I HAVE seen it, I might have spent time thinking about it, then got distracted onto something else.

And for new posters, Read The Second Post.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
That reminds me. Posts that solely consist of "any big news/what'd I miss" are treated as spam, as well. Read the damn thread. You don't need to ask this. Just look for yourself.
O_o
Guess I can't take any breaks then, this thread gets like 3 pages every half hour. :laugh:
Anyway, just reposting my thing about the triangles in the leak for others to see:
I think I got why Ganondorf and that gameplay has that triangle.
If this was real and reviewed by ERSB, since they don't play the games they'd probably have to scroll through some pics. That triangle might be the 'next' button when scrolling through pics.
Of course, since I'm #TeamFake, I have to prove some points of it being fake :p . If the leak was made up, then the triangle may have been put there and someone would realize, and come to the conclusion it's the next button, thus, making it look real.
Thoughts?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
What problems could the Ice Climbers have?
If they have a problem and the leak is real, DLC is still on the table.
Even if the ICs really did have problems, surely they could be modified like Olimar to address them? Such as simplifying Nana's AI if necessary.

I just can't buy the idea that they'd be singled out for removal, the first out of all the characters to ever appear in multiple Smash games. Technical difficulties don't seem like they'd make it impossible to bring in the ICs in some form when Rosalina can work. Even holding them off for DLC strikes me as almost impossible to believe.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman

Look at the roster and look at what Sakurai says about Alternate Costumes.

“With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/07/1...ifferences-to-marth-in-smash-bros-screenshot/

Do the Wii Fit Trainers and Animal crossing characters make any vocal noises? I'm sure the Robins do.

It just seems that there are more Alternate Costumes that will have different voices and perhaps name besides those listed. He seems to need to contrast it more with Lucina's special status. It just seems like he didn't have enough revealed examples to truly express the difference.

I can see based off the leak roster there also being:
1. Earthbound Rep: Ness/Lucas
2. Sonic/Metal Sonic
3. Alph/Olimar
4. Protoman/Megaman
5. Fox/Wolf
6.Meta Knight/ Galacta Knight

And based off the leak, Sakurai decided that Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit were the ones worthy enough to just make with stat differences.

WFT's not worthy, just gender.
Robins, same story
AC, same story
Ness/Lucas, can easily make an earthbound character with a combined moveset of Ness +Lucas, especially with customizable moves.
Sonics, not gonna add another 3rd party, so just keep it an alt
Megaman, same as sonic, protoman would be another 3rd party
Startfox, similiar to earthbound situation.
Meta Knight, Galacta knight not nearly popular enough to be a clone, but could be new alt.

Doing this would keep a couple of the cuts and explain what Sakurai really is talking about with "Special Lucky Alternates who made it to clone status." And that there are actually quite a bit of alternates with different voices and names, etc.

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
What's the difference? Rosalina and Luma even have separate movesets, Ice Climbers' movesets are the same.
And again, if there is a problem, if this leak is real it claims the IC's will be DLC (or was that DLC thing disproven?)
The DLC claim is currently assumed to be fake. That said, it is also assumed that the roster shown is not the full roster, though that is attested to the remainder of the roster needing to be unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom