• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Umm, PM is a great example.

It shows that Ness can change and still be great. Just like, Lucas can change and still be great.

This Leak, says that one of those characters is gone.
Smash 4 brings in the new feature of radically different alts and customizable moves. I think it would be best if they both made the game as an ultimate Earthbound rep.
Project M is a great example of what a Smash game made for fans by fans is. It does not have anything to do with the official Smash Bros and it should not be associated with it. If it is, it can cause some major problems. I love Project M but it's not what you want to refer to in these moments.

And as you use the Project M example, you make your point even worse. Project M made Lucas and Ness more different to the point where they don't really have any cloned moves.

By fusing these two characters, you are not representing Earthbound. Ness represented Earthbound by showing off how diverse he was in his fighting style despite being a child. Lucas represented Earthbound by showing that no matter how weak or fragile you look, you can be a great fighters. If you fuse these two, you take away their uniqueness.

It's not ultimate, it's bad.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wait, what's this about 5 more unlockable characters?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Putting aside my opinion, I understand what you are trying to say, but the likeliness of that scenario, isn't really that great.

I still feel there should be skepticism until it's outright confirmed to be true.
Why should there be skepticism? The leak has already shown it has inside information.

The roster shown in the leak isn't a complete one, and looking at the squares remaining there would be a maximum of five more characters that could fit.

Last edited:

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I think it's still plausible that Wolf would be among those five. He was the last character unlocked in Brawl. I could see the same happening here.
Ah, so was it more of a "they're probably still cut because IC/Lucas have been traditionally starters" rather than "we have sources that tell us the cuts are real" ?

In that case, I think it's possible for Wolf to be among them, sure. But theoretically it could also be IC/Lucas in that situation, since we never know when he'll turn his back on tradition or pattern. :p

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
The interesting thing is, that wasn't even the leaker. Someone on 4Chan randomly trolled by using the same username (due to being an anonymous site, after all). It wasn't even the real guy. :p
I'm...questioning that. Sorry. The thing that strikes me odd about it is that in the previous topic the poster who was confirmed to be the leaker by staff seemed to very strongly imply that the DLC list was real and was curious to speak to a moderator regarding that. Then there was no real update regarding that, unless I missed it.

Either he was just yanking everyone's chain (possible), it was the same person on 4Chan who posted both (also possible), or that wasn't the guy at all and someone goofed (eh, maybe). A bit of clarification on that would be cool if possible. Thanks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Keep in mind that the "five more" is just a theory, and is not an actual part of the leak. I feel I should clarify that.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I'm...questioning that. Sorry. The thing that strikes me odd about it is that in the previous topic the poster who was confirmed to be the leaker by staff seemed to very strongly imply that the DLC list was real and was curious to speak to a moderator regarding that. Then there was no real update regarding that, unless I missed it.

Either he was just yanking everyone's chain (possible), it was the same person on 4Chan who posted both (also possible), or that wasn't the guy at all and someone goofed (eh, maybe). A bit of clarification on that would be cool if possible. Thanks.
Either way, the DLC part was proven to be just trolling.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
People assume that we'll have five more characters due to how the roster is shaped and how bad the order is. It's a safe assumption at the least. UNLESS YOU MODS WANNA PROVE US WRONG RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW BEFORE WE GET OUR HOPES UP.

LET'S GO MODS. ONE ON ONE.

All jokes aside, yeah that's it. Simple speculation.

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
The interesting thing is, that wasn't even the leaker. Someone on 4Chan randomly trolled by using the same username (due to being an anonymous site, after all). It wasn't even the real guy. :p
Wait really? I thought the story was that the "leaker" merely got his hands on the pictures, and just spurred out the DLC claims purely to mess with people because he knew he could get away with it.

Ech. Not gonna lie, keeping up with all this is a pain.

TheBoozehammer

Smash Cadet
To everyone saying the name Duck Hunt makes no sense, couldn't the group just be a hunt for ducks, with a hunter (the dog) and a hunted (the ducks). Just a theory.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
That part's iffy. The only thing I can 100% say is that that part's not disconfirmed, unlike the DLC portion.
This is very interesting! Does your conviction come from your own knowledge or connection to the "source" or just based on the information the rest of us have? Not trying to be like "THE MODS ARE IN ON IT!" just curious as to where you are coming from. Also, thanks for redirecting this thread!

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I think you're missing the point.

This leak specifies one Earthbound rep, Ness. It also deconfirmed Lucas if the crossed out picture is to be believed. This implies that Lucas will not be seen in any shape or form, at least in the vanilla game.
We know that the leaks have been tampered with. Especially a grid. He also may not have unlocked Lucas as an alt. You are right that the leak suggest that Lucas is cut. I'm trying to look at the leak though and see how it is possible that they are still there.

Also, I don't agree with your position in regards to making established characters alts. "Perfect Earthbound rep"? Why not cut Luigi and integrate him into Mario for a "perfect Mario Brother rep"?
Yeah you misinterpretted what I said... I didn't mean like a transformer... I meant that if earthbound is required to be one slot. They could make a moveset that Ness and Lucas are both capable of. Thus allowing them to be an alt for an earthbound oriented moveset.

In several cases, there is no perfect rep. Only perfect reps. Lucas and Wolf are two of those cases. Making them into one character doesn't make the series more perfect. It devalues it. It takes two established and interesting fighters and turns them into a blander hybrid, attempting to please two crowds but fully satisfying neither.
I disagree. But go ahead, if you think it's better that they just get cut like the leak says, be for that. I'm just looking at the leak and trying to find ways that they could still be there.

Sakurai has gone on record saying that he recognizes people love characters and have incredible bonds with them. I think a majority of players who love, say, Wolf, would rather see him cut and later put in as DLC, then degraded to a mere costume for Fox or Falco.
I don't know about a majority. I guess I'm a minority. Especially that we have no proof of character dlc. The leak dlc is false.

Though, it looks like we'll not be seeing Wolf or Lucas period if the leak is to be believed. At least, not out of the gate. Methinks DLC is still a very likely possibility, just not the false DLC teased in the 4chan leak.
That would be cool. We'll see.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Can somebody link to a post where it's actually proven that the DLC part is a lie? Because last time I checked, the guy who leaked that particular tidbit, anon117/mother****ingleaker was sticking to it, and it being a lie was just something the mods had decided without sharing any of the information that led them to that conclusion. There's no reason one leaker couldn't have slightly different info than the others. In fact, that's exactly how Brawl's leaks were, nobody had every piece of the puzzle.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Attempting to catch up on what I missed while I was at work.

I can tell you that nothing else in the images has been tampered with.
There was some confusion regarding the triangle thing...what is it? Is it supposed to be a "play" button/ "skip image" button, it seems like it was over Ganondorf's portrait in the CSS too.

youre right, @anon1776 who is confirmed to be the "motherfudger" leaker said that he wanted to speak to a mod about that

Last edited:

Repiteo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Repiteo
Keep in mind that the "five more" is just a theory, and is not an actual part of the leak. I feel I should clarify that.
A lot of these clarifications should probably be put on either the first or second post. The "five more" theory especially is a big misconception.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
People assume that we'll have five more characters due to how the roster is shaped and how bad the order is. It's a safe assumption at the least. UNLESS YOU MODS WANNA PROVE US WRONG RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW BEFORE WE GET OUR HOPES UP.
The other leaks around suggest four others: Dixie Kong, Mewtwo, Chorus Men, and Ridley. We can only hope that the fifth one is Ice Climbers.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So is the guy claimng to be the mother ****ing leaker on Smashboards not the actual guy too? Because he claims that the DLC bit was true.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The roster shown in the leak isn't a complete one, and looking at the squares remaining there would be a maximum of five more characters that could fit.
I can't keep up with things anymore.

Can somebody link to a post where it's actually proven that the DLC part is a lie? Because last time I checked, the guy who leaked that particular tidbit, anon117/mother****ingleaker was sticking to it, and it being a lie was just something the mods had decided without sharing any of the information that led them to that conclusion. There's no reason one leaker couldn't have slightly different info than the others. In fact, that's exactly how Brawl's leaks were, nobody had every piece of the puzzle.
You gotta talk to @ Neo Zero Neo Zero and @Swampasaur about that.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Project M is a great example of what a Smash game made for fans by fans is. It does not have anything to do with the official Smash Bros and it should not be associated with it. If it is, it can cause some major problems. I love Project M but it's not what you want to refer to in these moments.

And as you use the Project M example, you make your point even worse. Project M made Lucas and Ness more different to the point where they don't really have any cloned moves.

By fusing these two characters, you are not representing Earthbound. Ness represented Earthbound by showing off how diverse he was in his fighting style despite being a child. Lucas represented Earthbound by showing that no matter how weak or fragile you look, you can be a great fighters. If you fuse these two, you take away their uniqueness.

It's not ultimate, it's bad.

Well no duh. If we could have two unique earthbound characters like Project M has decided to make, that is the best!

But Sakurai, according to the Leak, has decided on/was forced to have ONE!

I argue that it's better to mesh both characters together, since they have 12 customizable moves available and others have shown to get great alts. Just seems like a possibility.

I'm 20/80 that it will happen, but if I was Sakurai, that's what I would do if I was in his positiion and seemed to have to cut one of them. I would not do what the leak suggestions. Cut Lucas, and give 12 moves to Ness.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
'We are the ones that saw the leak. We are the elite. You are not worthy of our knowledge of Smash Bros.'

If the leak is true, and I don't think it is, this would pretty much be the mind frame of everyone in the group that MasterLinkX talked about. It's laughable.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well no duh. If we could have two unique earthbound characters like Project M has decided to make, that is the best!

But Sakurai, according to the Leak, has decided on/was forced to have ONE!

I argue that it's better to mesh both characters together, since they have 12 customizable moves available and others have shown to get great alts. Just seems like a possibility.

I'm 20/80 that it will happen, but if I was Sakurai, that's what I would do if I was in his positiion and seemed to have to cut one of them. I would not do what the leak suggestions. Cut Lucas, and give 12 moves to Ness.
Giving Ness Lucas's special moves is fine.
Giving Ness Lucas' whole moveset is not fine.
Giving Ness ANY of Lucas's non-special moves is also not fine.

That's my way of seeing it at least.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
In regards to the DLC being fake, I feel now is a good time to say why. @vaanrose explained earlier why it was fake.

The guy who said it even admitted it, he got the images from someone else in confidence, and then leaked them while adding his own BS information to "identify any copy cats"

It's not. Anon1776 (aka the Mother****ing 4chan leaker) is completely full of it. He got his images from another source, pretended he was the main source, and decided to lie to people to get their hopes up. He's admitted all of this.
I can confirm this.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am actually glad the DLC is fake. Don't get me wrong, I want DLC, but DLC of new characters, not cut veterans ._. *runs*

micstar615

Smash Ace
I am actually glad the DLC is fake. Don't get me wrong, I want DLC, but DLC of new characters, not cut veterans ._. *runs*
I think we'll get DLC of the cut veterans eventually (especially Wolf and IC). But now would be too early. DLC takes months, I was worried the DLC characters would take up the slots left on the CSS, if they aren't planned/being worked on as DLC yet then I doubt those last slots are for them.

Last edited:

Amherst

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wavedash
3DS FC
3239-2573-2753
Honestly, I feel the exact opposite. I think it'd be better to bring back as many veterans as possible via DLC so people can jump back into their old mains. I say this as someone who has no interest in Snake or Wolf, always greatly preferred Ness over Lucas, and absolutely hated how the Ice Climbers played. A lot of my close friends mained Lucas or Ice Climbers though, so it would've been nice if they got in late as opposed to never.

Best that the DLC list is debunked outright though. Not that I'm ruling out the possibility of additions to the cast in the future or anything. As it stands with this leak I do feel we've gotten a ton of variety so those who lost their character will find a new one.

Jazzman

Smash Cadet
just a suggestion but Joalro regarding the second post summary, you might want to edit the starting paragraph portion about 'last night' to a past tense now if new members read it.

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Ok I have been looking back and forth on the thread. I just want a run-down. Here is my questions.
-Is this leak confirmed fake? I have been hearing the DLC portion has been. Does that mean the entire leak is fake?
-Also it seems like that "Leaker 2" is showing more factual info... If I am wrong correct me.

Just give me a run down on some big points I am kinda lost lol
The DLC bit is fake, the rest of the leak is true.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
I'd just like a bit of clarification there. I don't think I'm asking for much.
It ties to the speculation part of Ninka leak. It's the speculated characters that many think should be in and may be in but we don't know.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
You gotta talk to @ Neo Zero Neo Zero and @Swampasaur about that.
I feel like lots of people are probably bothering them right now so I'll leave them be. It just seems like the very understandable decision to keep their info close to the chest is causing people to fill in the blanks themselves and spread misinformation.

This is what I'm curious about too. Last I saw from that guy, he was standing by everything he posted on 4chan, including DLC, and wanted to speak to the mods about their certainty that part was false. We haven't heard from him, Swampasaur, or Neo Zero regarding the matter since, at least not that I've seen. If we have, and I missed it because of my efforts to stay out of this madhouse the last two days, is there anybody here who actually saw a post where dlc was debunked, or are we all just assuming it is because that's what everybody else is saying?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In regards to the DLC being fake, I feel now is a good time to say why. @vaanrose explained earlier why it was fake.

The guy who said it even admitted it, he got the images from someone else in confidence, and then leaked them while adding his own BS information to "identify any copy cats"

I can confirm this.
Will go ahead and add this to the OP so we can all stop asking this question.

I feel like lots of people are probably bothering them right now so I'll leave them be. It just seems like the very understandable decision to keep their info close to the chest is causing people to fill in the blanks themselves and spread misinformation.
But it's fun messing with co-workers. :troll:

Last edited:

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

I can confirm this.

So Wolf is gone gone.....

=(

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I know it's not the same, but does anyone think Lucas and Wolf will remain in spirit... as customization moves? I'm trying to see how this leak could fit with known game features.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
4chan leaker's pictures seem to be legit, however he got them from someone else and added in a fake DLC bit to troll people.
Ninka/Vaanrose leak matches up, adds other characters that may occupy the five remaining slots.

Anything I'm missing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know it's not the same, but does anyone think Lucas and Wolf will remain in spirit... as customization moves? I'm trying to see how this leak could fit with known game features.
I don't think this would happen, given Sakurai's philosophy of playing differently=own character. It just doesn't seem like something he'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom