• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I don't see K. Rool happening..not over Dixie. K. Rool just fits the common trope of a heavy villain character and his relevancy is nowhere close to Dixie's
Although it'd be cool to have both :)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well, cuts are guaranteed by Sakurai and promised by the leak.
And even Sakurai agrees that cuts are ugly. But the thing about cuts is that something can be done about them with DLC, which is why I have faith in the DLC leak.

WHICH REMINDS ME: Recently after this leak came out, the ESBR rating showed up for Smash! Do you guys think this adds credibility?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Because he hasn't been in a game for 6 years. If DK gets a rep which do you think they'd pick?
a) A guy who hasn't been in a game for 6 years and new fans won't recognize.
b) A girl who appeared in a game that came the same year, and was shown off lots before the game's release and new fans would recognize better.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
K. Rool will sadly never get into Smash Brothers until he can get back in actual main line Donkey Kong games.

Cranky will get into Smash Brothers as playable before K. Rool.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Anyway, if this is real, I think the final five will be Bandana Dee, Ice Climbers, Ridley, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool or Chorus Men.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I'm happy with the amount of new characters in the leak, and I get the feeling everyone is getting their hopes up about these possible extra 5 characters. Really, if the leak ends up being fake, I wouldn't be surprised if we had LESS characters than what we are expecting with this leak.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
It goes with the Ninka Leak, as the Dog, and Ducks work together, the Ducks ride on the dogs back, hence why it's called DUCK HUNT, rather than Duck Hunt Dog, or Mr. Peepers, or Peppers or whatever he's called.
That still doesn't make sense. "Duck Hunt" is the name of the game he is from. No other character in Smash history has done that. If the character's name is "Duck Hunt Dog" then they would just make his name take up two lines, like Donkey Kong in previous character select screens. The name could be "Dog & Ducks" like "Pikmin & Olimar," but it's not that, either. "Duck Hunt" is nothing more than a title to a game, or maybe even a sport (although in that case it would be called "Duck Hunting.") A dog is not a "duck hunt." Nor is a dog with ducks.

I apologize if I missed or looked over your argument, there is a a lot to go over.

Do you have something for me to add other than "why should we trust______?"
It's fine. I understand there is a lot going on here. I'm referring to this post here.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I don't see K. Rool happening..not over Dixie. K. Rool just fits the common trope of a heavy villain character and his relevancy is nowhere close to Dixie's
Although it'd be cool to have both :)
Lololol. Dixie is a side character in a few games, rool is the main villain in every game but two; not to mention his unique personality and moveset options.

That said it IS sakurai, and it's his wild ride

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Anyway, if this is real, I think the final five will be Bandana Dee, Ice Climbers, Ridley, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool or Chorus Men.
I honestly don't see Bandanna Dee being playable in this one. I think his chance will be in the next one.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Because he hasn't been in a game for 6 years. If DK gets a rep which do you think they'd pick?
a) A guy who hasn't been in a game for 6 years and new fans won't recognize.
b) A girl who appeared in a game that came the same year, and was shown off lots before the game's release and new fans would recognize better.
His last main game was DK64, too. Dixie's less popular but more practical.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I vote for my wanted last 5:
Ridley, Bandana Dee, Captain Toad, K. Rool, Mewtwo. [Last two aren't supports, but a lot like them so I'd be up for it.]

My most likely:
Mewtwo, [The question mark] Ridley, [Leaky leak leak] Dixie, [leak] Chorus Men, [LEEEEAK] K.Rool. [leak?]

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Honestly, I think the leak is real I like the idea of Duck Hunt Dog not going to get my hopes too high though because I don't want to be disappointed.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
And even Sakurai agrees that cuts are ugly. But the thing about cuts is that something can be done about them with DLC, which is why I have faith in the DLC leak.

WHICH REMINDS ME: Recently after this leak came out, the ESBR rating showed up for Smash! Do you guys think this adds credibility?
I only see a rating for SSB64, Melee, Brawl, and SSB shows up again...but the console says Wii. Where are you getting the ESRB rating from? I'm doing this through a search on ESRB's site and don't see a rating for the Wii U or 3DS versions >.>

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
So a lot of people seem to be expecting this character select screen to pair with others predicting similar rosters plus Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids, such that those characters fill remaining spots on the character select screen.

I don't think that works.

Let's look at Row #2.

We can see that this row is packed with DK, Zelda, and Metroid characters. Adding even one more character to any of those games would cause it to overflow, forcing characters to the next row. Whether we add Dixie, Ridley, or both, we end up with Metroid characters split between Row #2 and Row #3. This strikes me as difficult to believe; that's how in-progress rosters work, not completed ones. The only way to fix it would be if we got either another Zelda character or a standalone character (like the Chorus Kids) somewhere else in the row to finish forcing the Metroid characters out.

So if we assume Dixie and Ridley, plus the Chorus Kids where they'd have to be, we get rows #2 and #3 looking like this:

Donkey Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Link | Zelda | Sheik | Ganondorf | Toon Link | Chorus Kids
Samus | ZSS | Ridley | Pit | Palutena | Marth | Ike | Robin | Kirby

Another problem! By adding two characters before them, the Kirby characters start getting pushed off Row #3. And Mewtwo isn't any place where it'd affect this. The only way to avoid a split Kirby roster would be if the unlisted fifth character is somewhere before Kirby.

But let's roll with that. Let's say that fifth character can show up somewhere useful (say, by being Ice Climbers) and pushes Kirby down to Row #4, so that the whole Kirby series is in a row there. Does that work? Let's see how Row #4 looks now.

Kirby | Dedede | Meta Knight | Little Mac | Fox | Falco | Pikachu | Charizard | Lucario

No matter where you stick Mewtwo, there's no fixing this. The Pokemon roster is split between rows #4 and #5 and there's no preventing it. Not without arbitrarily teleporting large numbers of characters around the screen, that is.

CONCLUSION: It is possible to add five characters to the "leaked" CSS to make it take on the shape of a rectangle. However, if that set of characters includes DK and/or Metroid characters (as in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie claims people like to link to this), Brawl-style CSS scrolling will displace the previous characters in such a way that will result in splitting even more series' character lineups. Therefore, I do not believe the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie roster is compatible with the "leaked" CSS.
DIXIE IS A CLONE!!!
Just thought of it.
EDIT: AND THAT'S WHAT THE EXTRA SPACE IN 2ND TO LAST ROW IS! I FOUND ONE OF THE PIECES OF THE PUZZLE!

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I only see a rating for SSB64, Melee, Brawl, and SSB shows up again...but the console says Wii. Where are you getting the ESRB rating from? I'm doing this through a search on ESRB's site and don't see a rating for the Wii U or 3DS versions >.>
The rating is at the bottom of the official smash site.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Hmmmm...that triangle thing is interesting. I always thought it was weird that Ganondorf's portrait was randomly darkened. It could be possible that the leaker tampered with the CSS....could explain the odd placings of some of the characters...and given that one of the leaks was in fact tampered with..*cough* MasterLink *cough*....ugh my head is hurting, idk what to think anymore. I'm pretty sure the leak is real to an extent for sure, but I guess we won't know if there's more or not till later.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So a lot of people seem to be expecting this character select screen to pair with others predicting similar rosters plus Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie Kong, and the Chorus Kids, such that those characters fill remaining spots on the character select screen.

I don't think that works.

Let's look at Row #2.

We can see that this row is packed with DK, Zelda, and Metroid characters. Adding even one more character to any of those games would cause it to overflow, forcing characters to the next row. Whether we add Dixie, Ridley, or both, we end up with Metroid characters split between Row #2 and Row #3. This strikes me as difficult to believe; that's how in-progress rosters work, not completed ones. The only way to fix it would be if we got either another Zelda character or a standalone character (like the Chorus Kids) somewhere else in the row to finish forcing the Metroid characters out.

So if we assume Dixie and Ridley, plus the Chorus Kids where they'd have to be, we get rows #2 and #3 looking like this:

Donkey Kong | Diddy Kong | Dixie Kong | Link | Zelda | Sheik | Ganondorf | Toon Link | Chorus Kids
Samus | ZSS | Ridley | Pit | Palutena | Marth | Ike | Robin | Kirby

Another problem! By adding two characters before them, the Kirby characters start getting pushed off Row #3. And Mewtwo isn't any place where it'd affect this. The only way to avoid a split Kirby roster would be if the unlisted fifth character is somewhere before Kirby.

But let's roll with that. Let's say that fifth character can show up somewhere useful (say, by being Ice Climbers) and pushes Kirby down to Row #4, so that the whole Kirby series is in a row there. Does that work? Let's see how Row #4 looks now.

Kirby | Dedede | Meta Knight | Little Mac | Fox | Falco | Pikachu | Charizard | Lucario

No matter where you stick Mewtwo, there's no fixing this. The Pokemon roster is split between rows #4 and #5 and there's no preventing it. Not without arbitrarily teleporting large numbers of characters around the screen, that is.

CONCLUSION: It is possible to add five characters to the "leaked" CSS to make it take on the shape of a rectangle. However, if that set of characters includes DK and/or Metroid characters (as in the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie claims people like to link to this), Brawl-style CSS scrolling will displace the previous characters in such a way that will result in splitting even more series' character lineups. Therefore, I do not believe the Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie roster is compatible with the "leaked" CSS.
Who cares the roster is probably fake anyways... and if not clearly they don't care about putting franchises together when Yoshi is between the Mario group and Dark Pit, Doc, and Lucina are seperate from their franhises.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I think I got why Ganondorf and that gameplay has that triangle.
If this was real and reviewed by ERSB, since they don't play the games they'd probably have to scroll through some pics. That triangle might be the 'next' button when scrolling through pics.
Of course, since I'm #TeamFake, I have to prove some points of it being fake :p . If the leak was made up, then the triangle may have been put there and someone would realize, and come to the conclusion it's the next button, thus, making it look real.
Thoughts?

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I think I got why Ganondorf and that gameplay has that triangle.
If this was real and reviewed by ERSB, since they don't play the games they'd probably have to scroll through some pics. That triangle might be the 'next' button when scrolling through pics.
Of course, since I'm #TeamFake, I have to prove some points of it being fake :p . If the leak was made up, then the triangle may have been put there and someone would realize, and come to the conclusion it's the next button, thus, making it look real.
Thoughts?
That's pretty confusing lol, but I think I know what you mean...I think
Why would the triangle be put there in the first place though?
And do you think DLC characters will get their own slots or will there be a DLC slot that expands to these characters?

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 22668

It works when rearranged, unlike some people on this board have said
Yes, that is a fairly believable final CSS. (Insert ICs over any of the five added characters and shift Dr. Mario two or more spots to the left, and I'd say it's completely believable.)

Now, please explain why a CSS meant to end up like that would, with just five characters missing, have the arrangement shown in the alleged leak. It just isn't plausible.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
That's pretty confusing lol, but I think I know what you mean...I think
Why would the triangle be put there in the first place though?
And do you think DLC characters will get their own slots or will there be a DLC slot that expands to these characters?
1. Like I said, the triangle could just be the 'next' button for scrolling through the pics.
2. Not sure about the DLC thing.

T

Trick or Treat

I don't understand why Ice Climbers would be cut, but the Chorus Men or whatever they're called make it in.

Khao

Smash Lord
That still doesn't make sense. "Duck Hunt" is the name of the game he is from. No other character in Smash history has done that. If the character's name is "Duck Hunt Dog" then they would just make his name take up two lines, like Donkey Kong in previous character select screens. The name could be "Dog & Ducks" like "Pikmin & Olimar," but it's not that, either. "Duck Hunt" is nothing more than a title to a game, or maybe even a sport (although in that case it would be called "Duck Hunting.") A dog is not a "duck hunt." Nor is a dog with ducks.

It's not as if they're called "Popo & Nana".

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't the image with Shulk and Lucina tampered with by MasterLink?
I think the only thing MasterLink tampered with was the art he posted before the leak, which was just an edited version of the Shulk render in the leak, but... there's so much going on here and I don't know the full story so it's definitely more than possible.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
DLC at this point is a major assumption.
That's not even the half of it. A member on another forum suggested that not all the characters will be in the 3DS version on release, but will on the Wii U version's release, and was even bold enough and to even suggest they may be PAID DLC on the 3DS version...

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Here's the information we got plus a roster maker made roster. Try saying that three times real fast.

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
That's not even the half of it. A member on another forum suggested that not all the characters will be in the 3DS version on release, but will on the Wii U version's release, and was even bold enough and to even suggest they may be PAID DLC on the 3DS version...
This isn't capcom

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
The rating is at the bottom of the official smash site.
The rating has been there for at least a month. The rating has been brought up in the Krystal thread. Jokingly, I think, that "mild suggestive themes" might have been evidence that Krystal was in. I don't want to get into that discussion in this thread, I'm just pointing out that the rating has been there for a while.

It's not as if they're called "Popo & Nana".
Right. I thought about that and so I looked it up and in Brawl they were called "Ice Climbers." I did not think to check melee. Touché. However, the characters are still ice climbers. A dog is still not a duck hunt.

Ryan50

Smash Cadet
The rating has been there for at least a month. The rating has been brought up in the Krystal thread. Jokingly, I think, that "mild suggestive themes" might have been evidence that Krystal was in. I don't want to get into that discussion in this thread, I'm just pointing out that the rating has been there for a while.

Right. I thought about that and so I looked it up and in Brawl they were called "Ice Climbers." I did not think to check melee. Touché. However, the characters are still ice climbers. A dog is still not a duck hunt.
Nah, it's not the fact it's Melee. In Japan, they don't use the plural form "Climbers"

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice

They may simply be referring to them as the cast of the games.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I think the only thing MasterLink tampered with was the art he posted before the leak, which was just an edited version of the Shulk render in the leak, but... there's so much going on here and I don't know the full story so it's definitely more than possible.
Maybe he tampered with the battle scene too...a lot of people were saying that Shulk looked like the Brawl Mod one with Ike's moveset. But honestly, this is all speculation...it's just the way everything got leaked has been so...bipolar? Some of it is very seemingly legit but it seems there are more questions then answers :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom