• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
When I look at the evidence to disprove the CSS:

But aside from that, I've been looking at the CSS you guys are making and I'll say that most of them fit pretty good!
Again, there are clues that this isn't the full Character Selection Screen, I don't think the ESRB needs the whole of the game to be unlocked to rate it, do they? I heard they play some short matches and go from there.
Plus remember when Brawl was leaked, Wolf wasn't unlocked, I can see at least 5 more characters that we have not seen yet
And one person from Smahboards (I can't remember who) contacted a Nintendo rep and he said that he didn't recall Dr. Mario being his own slot, but says that there are more exciting characters we don't know about...but again this is just spoken word, nothing else.
Take with a grain of salt.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
That's just one move... I'm talking about an entire moveset and playstyle that revolve around the Koopa Clown Car instead of around the paintbrush.
Ah ok, I misunderstood. Still, the way I envisioned it, I would have liked to play as Bowser Jr. on the ground with the Clown Car as his Up B instead but I guess I'll deal with it if it is real.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I agree that the clown car makes the most sense for Bowser Jr., but I can't help but feel like it would just be very awkward. Can he fly freely around the stage? Is he for some reason confined to simply chugging along right above the ground? How would he jump? Make strange "hops" in a flying machine and then fall... in a flying machine? What would his recovery be, considering he's already in a flying car? etc. etc.

I'm sure they could... probably... find a way to make it work, and it would be cool, I'm just having a lot of trouble picturing its movement options.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord

But aside from that, I've been looking at the CSS you guys are making and I'll say that most of them fit pretty good!
Again, there are clues that this isn't the full Character Selection Screen, I don't think the ESRB needs the whole of the game to be unlocked to rate it, do they? I heard they play some short matches and go from there.
Plus remember when Brawl was leaked, Wolf wasn't unlocked, I can see at least 5 more characters that we have not seen yet
And one person from Smahboards (I can't remember who) contacted a Nintendo rep and he said that he didn't recall Dr. Mario being his own slot, but says that there are more exciting characters we don't know about...but again this is just spoken word, nothing else.
Bro, all that evidence is straw grasping as well, apart from the famitsu arguably. In addition, I believe the "nintendo rep" turned out to be nothing... So yeah, quit jumping to conclusions so quickly and consider the leaks source in addition to its content.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

1. They need the whole thing unlocked. What if someone like Bayonetta was one of the characters but wasn't unlocked yet? They may have had a big impact on the rating.
2. I believe when the Brawl roster was leaked it wasn't supposedly leaked by the ERSB, so Wolf not being unlocked was ok. And, I thought Wolf was on it?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm kinda thinking it might be real. Hopefully the final 5 are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ridley, Dixie and Isaac.

Meant Dixie but put Daisy. lol

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Bro, all that evidence is straw grasping as well, apart from the famitsu arguably. In addition, I believe the "nintendo rep" turned out to be nothing... So yeah, quit jumping to conclusions so quickly and consider the leaks source in addition to its content.
I wasn't trying to prove the CSS leak at all...I'm just looking at all the possibilities.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Hm, could be a watermark to go along with the name "ESRB0083." I'm not sure why Nintendo would be so worried about the ESRB leaking parts of the rating video as to do this, but that's the best explanation I've got.
Could be, I guess? :o But that's a strange watermark for sure. And like you say, I don't think that Nintendo would be that crazed over making sure they knew it was ESRB leaking, or that they'd have such strange and fallible things to stop it. Better than any explanation I have though :laugh:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There are ways of showing everything character to the ESRB without every character being on the character select screen. The video would be 10-20 minutes long. You'd for sure be able to include anyone and everyone who may affect the rating without even showing them on the CSS unlocked.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I'm kinda thinking it might be real. Hopefully the final 5 are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ridley, Daisy and Isaac.
Replace Daisy with Bandana Dee, replace Isaac with Mewtwo, and replace Wolf with King K. Rool and I agree.
(If this is real)

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I'm kinda thinking it might be real. Hopefully the final 5 are Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ridley, Dixie and Isaac.

Meant Dixie but put Daisy. lol
I'd go icies, wolf, Ridley, mewtwo, and rool; but everyone's got a nice opinion :)

Edit: @ FallofBrawl FallofBrawl your post definitely sounded that way, considering the picture. Just keep that in mind.

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
It isn't like Mario will get a Galaxy-based moveset and playstyle... that's where Rosalina comes in.
I'm still baffled that the Galaxy Spin is nowhere in sight xD

Back on topic, I sure would love to play as Duck Hunt Dog as a DHD supporter on your thread Arcadenik xD that would be awesome!

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
My last 5 characters are the ones that were said in the DLC. If not Snake, then I would have Mewtwo instead.

I don't like cuts, I feel cuts are ugly and they take away a big part of a game.

Edit: For those that don't know, the characters are: Snake, Chorus Men, Wolf, Ice Climbers, and Lucas. I'm also fine with "replacements" as long as we know for a fact it's a replacement. Like I feel that Toon Link is the spiritual successor to Young Link and Greninja took the water motif from Squirtle to live on. Ivysaur is the only one who needs something. likesceptile

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
My last 5 characters are the ones that were said in the DLC. If not Snake, then I would have Mewtwo instead.

I don't like cuts, I feel cuts are ugly and they take away a big part of a game.
Well, cuts are guaranteed by Sakurai and promised by the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom