• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
OK so guys, what if Dr Mario was not considered here as a clone, but as a Melee veteran ?
If you go like it, Mewtwo joins his side.
And by pushing a little without doing astronomical movements, you could have it.
Of course, Mach Rider could be replaced by Chorus Kids, just put him further to the right.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Any news from Sal Romano?
Or did the Gematsu guy just book it after Chrom.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Toon Link is a clone, he's not on Clone Row. Same for Ganondorf and Falco. Your post proves nothing.
Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit = upgraded alt costumes.

It astounds me how many people don't think of this and don't realize that Sakurai classifies clones differently from the fanbase.

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Lucina, Dr. Mario, Dark Pit = upgraded alt costumes.

It astounds me how many people don't think of this and don't realize that Sakurai classifies clones differently from the fanbase.
Luigi was just an alt for Mario in the original Mario Brothers; therefore he is also an upgraded alt costume not with the others.

I'm kidding

Rakath

Smash Ace
By the time Sakurai (and co) added those three (or possibly just two) the roster was mostly coded, rearraging the entire roster to fit more characters to each franchise set would have been more work than they had time for. They are replacement for characters that didn't work out, for whatever reason. The Brawl clones were already going to be in the roster, there's no need to rearrange them.

And that's why most of the roster is resolved, the only space left open is for Space Animals, Pokemon, solo characters, and clones.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Remember The cryptic leak Yesterday?
Apparently someone on another website noticed it and decided to take another look at it.
[collapse=Big Picture:]
[/collapse]
The only bugs are that it doesn't really agree with the leaked starting roster in Japan...Though are we sure that starting roster is real?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion

Damn the link was broken somehow.
Well, reposting it ; what if Dr. Mario was here considered as a melee vet, keeping his own moveset from the game (tornado as down B) ? And thus Mewtwo sticking next to him.
After all, our good doctor has at least two different moves ; neutral B and down B...
Are we allowed to hope ?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
No, YOU'RE either unaware of or ignoring the fact that Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge on NES are both non-canon games that weren't even sanctioned by Kojima. Metal Gear has its roots on the MSX. The Gameboy Color game doesn't count either, for the aforementioned fact that Kojima had nothing to do with it and it isn't canon. The only reason Snake made it in was a combination of Twin Snakes and the fact that Sakurai is Kojima's idol. He was a one-shot. There's no changing that.
1. As a Metal Gear fan i don't need someone like you telling me all this. Because i Already know it.
2. Yes Metal Gear has MSX roots but the NES popularized the series
3. Snake was suppose to be in Melee but time contraits couldn't allow that so when Brawl was first announced he was one of the first characters they programed into the game.
A one-shot i had no idea you were developing the game im sorry.

haydyn

Smash Cadet
i dont know if this has been discussed but i have been browsing the internet looking at various leaked rosters, some were horribly fake (one had rigby from regular show)
but i came across this screenshot similar to the esrb leaked roster

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
i dont know if this has been discussed but i have been browsing the internet looking at various leaked rosters, some were horribly fake (one had rigby from regular show)
Confirmed fake long ago.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
A lot of hype killers in this thread, huh?
I am so sick of seeing this darned fake...

Rakath

Smash Ace
Apparently someone on another website noticed it and decided to take another look at it.
[/collapse]
The only bugs are that it doesn't really agree with the leaked starting roster in Japan...Though are we sure that starting roster is real?
The eshop roster could be the starting roster + 3rd parties. Which tracks with the numbers of this leak.
I disagree about adding Ridley, when there's no space, but Mach Rider could be added instead.

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
[/collapse]
I tried with all info we've got since the beginning to decrypt what this cryptic message would mean.

But maybe sakurai has decided in the late developpement to include Third party characters in the starter, and there will be just 17 unlockable. Maybe snake is cut and chorus kids replaces him. the same for dark pit who maybe was include in the late developpement. We don't know how old were these informations of this leak.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Ever since Mach Rider has shown up as one of the possible last newcomers (If we are getting more), I've actually really wanted him in. Just one of those obscure things like DHD and WFT that would be so fun to see.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
First of all, I don't think Sakurai would keep some characters unavailable until the Wii U launch or save space on the css screen for dlc characters. Sakurai likes to release full, complete games instead of hiding things for later. I think that those empty spaces on the css will be filled by launch of the 3ds version.

I think today's POTD was a way of Sakurai acknowledging the leak, but also saying that there are still more unknown characters to keep up the hype.
I fully agree with this sentiment, I think that the spaces will be filled.

However, Sakurai has also stated that Smash 5, for the Wii U, is a different game entirely, just with the same roster. It seems like semantics, but it truly is not, and we seem to forget this notion for some odd reason (not odd, they are being released at the same time. Yet once one is out and the other is not, maybe we will notice more. So far we have absolutely no info on Wii U version, and I think once we have a bit, that may help make it clear it is a different game).

Anywho, I think there is a possibility still that we get those spots filled up, and then the screen expands with Wii U roster content.
This is, of course, extremely hopeful thinking, but it follows the 'complete game' theory, as well as the notion that each new game adds characters, particularly with the Wii U game needing to add more to generate enough hype.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, with less than two weeks to release and the full roster not yet revealed... Did they manage to beat Brawl's leak? How long before the game came out was the 35 character Roster leaked? Anyone remember?
Brawl's roster was technically leaked in October 2007 but virtually no one believed the leaker and it wasn't backed up with photographic and video evidence until about a week before Brawl launched in Japan in January 2008.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Brawl's roster was technically leaked in October 2007 but virtually no one believed the leaker and it wasn't backed up with photographic and video evidence until about a week before Brawl launched in Japan in January 2008.
Thanks. In that case, it'll probably be next week that we end up with final confirmation on everything. I wait with abated breath. =)

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
It's literally the eleventh time I see this one in Smashboards. Not kidding. I'm counting it.

And yes, I'm pretty sure things will start leaking next week, specially on Thursday/Friday.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Well, today the POTD not only confirmed the leak again :p , but also proves the guy didn't unlock all the characters.
So, did anyone post any more leaks or...?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
People be importin' that crap man

Well, today the POTD not only confirmed the leak again , but also proves the guy didn't unlock all the characters.
So, did anyone post any more leaks or...?
Just a bunch of fake ones.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think you misunderstand people's skepticism. Very few people would not like more characters. I'd like the roster to have a hundred characters. But I'm not expecting that because there is no proof of that many characters. Same with an additional 1-5 characters. I would love it, but I do not believe there is enough proof of more characters for me to believe it. If I were to believe in more characters, and this turns out to be the final CSS, then I (along with everyone else here who believes it) would be extremely disappointed. I would much rather be pleasantly surprised by unexpected characters than utterly disappointed.

With the All-Star lock, no one is saying that it must have been taken at a different time from the other pictures, it simply could have been, so it is poor evidence for more characters. It is unusual that Mr. Game & Watch, Duck Hunt, and R.O.B. do not appear on the bottom screen in their proper places in the leaked shot. Either the player had not unlocked them due to the picture being taken at a different time from the CSS leak, or the bottom screen does not update to include newly unlocked characters. If the former is true, then the All-Star leak means nothing, since it was taken at a different time than the CSS leak. If the latter is true, then it also provides no evidence either way because we have no indication of when the picture was taken. Either way, it's bad evidence for more characters.

As for clone central, the difference is that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were upgraded from alt costumes, while Toon Link, Ganondorf, and Falco were developed from the start as their own characters. Furthermore, there is strong evidence that the 3DS roster operates by the sliding unlock mechanic from Brawl, where characters are always in the correct order, just with people missing in-between. Due to the flexible unlock order of characters, even if multiple players have the same number of characters unlocked, their CSS screens could look vastly different. Thus there is no consistent trigger that the devs could use as a point where the clones would disperse. So even if there are more characters, the clones would not jump up with their franchises, they would stay in the same basic order. Brawl's CSS never once violated the sliding rule, and SSB4 has yet to violate it either.

The fact that every single franchise is perfectly grouped together on the CSS and not split between rows is also very strong evidence that there are no more characters. With the sliding rule in place, a single missing character can scramble the entire CSS. Look at the incomplete Brawl roster below. Despite being only one character shy of a full CSS, Bowser is on the complete wrong side of the screen, Lucario got lumped with the spacies, Ness is now a Pokemon, and Sonic has joined his FE comrades. If the 3DS CSS was incomplete, you would expect some series to be broken up across subsequent rows in a similar manner (due to the series being arranged horizontally instead of vertically). I outlined in an earlier post that if we are correct about the sliding rule (which we very likely are), then the only characters that could still be hidden are Pokemon reps, Star Fox reps, characters from unrepresented series, and clones, and only in very specific combinations.

I'd like to reiterate, I would love more characters. I think Dixie Kong is a very deserving character, and I would be extremely happy to see Impa or Bandana Dee as well. I just don't believe it will happen. So I'll remain skeptical, and at worst I'll get exactly the roster I expect. Plus, there's a small chance I may yet be surprised.
I must REALLY not be understanding you. You say...
The sliding rule was used in Brawl, which means everyone was in the right order, and did not bounce around;
But then explain how everyone bounced around.
You state that this is likely what is evident in the new game.
But we see the (likely) starting CSS and the alleged/near end CSS do not have characters bounce around.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
1. As a Metal Gear fan i don't need someone like you telling me all this. Because i Already know it.
3. Snake was suppose to be in Melee but time contraits couldn't allow that so when Brawl was first announced he was one of the first characters they programed into the game.
You think I don't know about his intended inclusion in Melee? Kojima went to Sakurai too late in development to get him added. I guarantee you, had he gone to him earlier and Snake was in Melee, he wouldn't have been in Brawl. It was a one time crossover deal between a man and his idol.

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
One thing I'd like to say about the POTD, though it's kinda been said in here already:

I feel like this all but confirms DLC as happening. What other reason could there possibly be to make such a drastic change to All-Star Mode? I remember discussing DLC with someone and they pointed out that it wouldn't work - with the way All-Star usually works, adding a new character to the game would require a compatibility update, which would in turn likely re-lock All-Star mode now that it knows about the new character data, but the player doesn't actually have it. With this change, any new characters would just be exempt from All-Star if the player didn't feel like downloading them/their pack. I can't imagine any other good reason for this change, except for maybe the fact that our starting roster is nearly as large as Brawl's complete roster, so you get an entire All-Star session from the get-go.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
not so important as characters or stages anyways
Well, yeah, but considering how little we've seen of the Wii U version all we know is that they share characters, some stages, and online capabilities. Well, a few game mods I guess. Beyond that, nothing. I wouldn't even be surprised if the new Classic setup was unique to the 3DS.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
What no one seems to be considering is that if you were the leaker and you wanted to leak as much as possible would you leak the unlocked allstar mode or locked allstar mode? Locked because it is something that hasn't existed in previous games. It just didn't show up if you didn't have all the characters.

Likewise with characters you'd want to leak everyone you could. Clearly if you are risking your job, internet fame is very important to you, so you want to get out as much as you can.

Now no one knows just how much info this leaker had access to, but it is interesting to note that it was there prerogative to leak all characters but a locked allstar. And has been pointed out before it isn't as though there is no precedent in this leak for having more things unlocked in some pictures than in others.

I hope there are more, because why wouldn't I, but I'm hesitant to be optimistic. I'm not seeing all this evidence for a larger roster that people are claiming exists. Sure the character placement is a little odd, but not that odd.

Also consider how close to release we are and how many newcomers we didn't know about in Brawl at around this same time. Disregarding leaks the answer is 4. Likewise this time if the leak is true, we have 4 left we don't know about if the leak is all there is. It's possible that this time there really are 9 that Sakurai has held off on, but what evidence do we have to believe that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom