• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really saying he chose clones over semi-clones, but their removal feels a lot more unjustified now that there are in fact more clones. While i do not have a source that specifically says Lucas and Wolf were cut for being semi-clones. It seems like the most reasonal assumption, seeing how previous clone/semi-clone characters have seen the same fate (Roy, Pichu, Young Link)

Though time constraints could have been the reason too, in that case they'd make a lot of sense for DLC.
I think DLC seems likely. It's not like they're being held back by technical issues like the Ice Climbers potentially are. At least I hope we get DLC. I really liked Wolf in Brawl.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't want to criticize Sakurai like many here seems to be doing right now, but.

The fact that he cuts Lucas and Wolf, for being "semi-clones" yet he still adds Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Kinda makes it difficult to not be irritated at him.
At least people can be reasonably added back in now thanks to the prospect of DLC. I do feel like Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit were added deliberately because, in the case of the next Smash game, they'd be easy choices for people to cut. Brawl's cuts were mostly clones and SSB4's cuts had two so I feel that their addition and later omission is deliberate.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I can't find an exact match for Mewtwo, but is is similar to its Melee render.

Maybe flip it and a bit of editing. Or maybe its taken from a screenshot.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might bank on DLC as long as it's not done to New 3DS, because apparently Icies and Chorus Kids were too difficult to implement and needed extra overclocking to be in.Trying to play against people with "Old" 3DS would be incompatible with them at best.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I can't find an exact match for Mewtwo, but is is similar to its Melee render.

Maybe flip it and a bit of editing. Or maybe its taken from a screenshot.
Comparing it to Project M screenshots and Melee screenshots I have come to the conclusion that this is either a new render or a heavily edited old one. I will post my evidence post shortly

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's fake lol

We're at a point where we're reporting the same old leaks. Which is kind of a sign that thus thread has run it's course.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I might bank on DLC as long as it's not done to New 3DS, because apparently Icies and Chorus Kids were too difficult to implement and needed extra overclocking to be in.Trying to play against people with "Old" 3DS would be incompatible with them at best.
This is why I think these two will be present in the Wii U version if they aren't in the 3DS version. Sakurai said the rosters for the two games would be "virtually the same" which makes me think the Wii U will have some exclusives from the get go. One or two different characters from a 50+ roster is not that big of a deal, especially if the only thing keeping them out is the 3DS's limitations as a system.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
So if that leaked starting roster is legit, there is 4 starting Pokemon characters. I know Lucario is a secret character in Brawl, so I thought he would be unlockable again. The point I'm trying to make is I think that Jiggypuff is always unlockable with another Pokemon character, so I think it helps Mewtwo's chances. Yes I maybe grasping straws but what do you guys think?

Squishyfrog

Smash Rookie
NNID
Squishyfrog
That Mewtwo leak is very fake. It looks exactly like his Melee/Project M model and because of that there wouldn't have to be an existing picture of him in that pose from that angle, someone could have just gone into Project M and taken a screenshot of him. Furthermore, the border around his character box is extremely thick, blurry and just plain ugly, whereas lines between Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina in the image all look like they should, thin and crisp.

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Ok on to this Mewtwo shot:

Now I will be comparing this to both Melee and Project M renders, first up Melee:

The distinct differences between this Mewtwo and his Melee render are the following:
1. No Mouth or Nostrils might just be bad photo quality
2. The tube that connects the head to the neck has A. different angle at its starting and ending points and B. A completely different curve then Melee and this is not a perspective thing. Also the Tube looks thinner.

Next onto Project Ms Mewtwo here is an ingame screenshot that is the closest I could find to resembling his pose in this CSS:

Once again there are a few differences such as:
1. The Eye Color is darker but this could be easily edited
2. Once again the Tubes is thicker and the curvature is not like the leaks.

Reasons to Discredit this leak:
1. That weird half circle on the right of the screen.
2. Bad Picture Quality
3. Off Information in the Post

EDIT: Also Mewtwo has a smaller head in this in comparison.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Shun's source (and therefore Ninka's source) mentioned that Shulk changed forms with his neutral B. His specials are likely Air Slash (up special), Monado Buff (neutral special), Vision Counter (down special) and Back Slash (side special.)
Kirby Stance Chance!!!

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986

Apparently Wario isn't a starter anymore, as this is supposedly the starting roster that people found on the japanese eshop profile for the 3ds version.

Which makes me skeptical as to whether Ice Climbers, lucas and wolf are unlockables as well that simply weren't unlocked yet. I mean it seems weird to me that Ice Climbers who was a starter in both brawl AND melee get cut while the ROB and GnW both return. Sakurai also has said he wants to bring back retro characters so to see him cut one is odd. As for lucas i think many felt it odd that he was a starter in brawl over ness and wolf was one of the last characters you could unlock in brawl and i'm guessing he is like that in smash 4 just like how falco will be unlocked through 100 man multi-man smash again most likely.

I'm staying hopeful that the brawl cast will stay for the most part outside Squirtle Ivysaur and Snake.
Sakurai stated in an interview around Christmas that the Ice Climbers would most likely be cut due to technical issues with the 3DS version.

Also, we've gone over this, but not that much. A leaker listed the hidden characters and how to unlock them:

Jigglypuff (Win your first Smash Run, or play 20 VS Matches)
Ness (Clear Classic Mode, or play 50 VS Matches)
Dr. Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 Intensity or higher, or play 100 VS Matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic Mode, or play 200 VS Matches)
Ganondorf (Play in Gerudo Valley 10 times, or play 300 VS Matches)
Lucina (Clear 100-Man Smash as Marth, or play 400 VS Matches)
Mr. Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or play 500 VS Matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 VS Matches)
Bowser Jr. (Win 10 Smash Run battles as Bowser, or play 700 VS Matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the Trophy Shop, or play 800 VS Matches)
Dark Pit (Unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 VS Matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear Classic Mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 VS Matches)

He also once again stated that this isn't the final roster.

This isn't one of the previous leakers, so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think it's time to close this thread. We have seen nearly everything from the ERSB leaker and it's unlikely we'll get new leak info because of the embargo.

Chrimbo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3239-3537-7151
Don't bother analyzing that Mewtwo picture, you can clearly see a circular paintbrush icon when you zoom in close enough.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai stated in an interview around Christmas that the Ice Climbers would most likely be cut due to technical issues with the 3DS version.

Also, we've gone over this, but not that much. A leaker listed the hidden characters and how to unlock them:

[spoilers]
Jigglypuff (Win your first Smash Run, or play 20 VS Matches)
Ness (Clear Classic Mode, or play 50 VS Matches)
Dr. Mario (Clear Classic Mode as Mario, all matches 5.0 Intensity or higher, or play 100 VS Matches)
Wario (Gain a total of 1,000 coins through classic Mode, or play 200 VS Matches)
Ganondorf (Play in Gerudo Valley 10 times, or play 300 VS Matches)
Lucina (Clear 100-Man Smash as Marth, or play 400 VS Matches)
Mr. Game & Watch (Defeat a total of 500 Smash Run enemies, or play 500 VS Matches)
Falco (Clear Target Blast with all starting characters and have a total score of 1,500,000 points or more, or play 600 VS Matches)
Bowser Jr. (Win 10 Smash Run battles as Bowser, or play 700 VS Matches)
R.O.B. (Spend a total of 10,000 coins in the Trophy Shop, or play 800 VS Matches)
Dark Pit (Unlock all the stages and defeat all the stage bosses, or play 900 VS Matches)
Duck Hunt (Clear Classic Mode with all starting characters, or play 1,000 VS Matches)
[/spoiler]

He also once again stated that this isn't the final roster.

This isn't one of the previous leakers, so take this with a grain of salt.
The List sounded legit and reasonable until I got to Ganondorf
Play in one stage 10 times or play 300 matches....really?

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Firstly, if Sakurai said we may not get as many newcomers as last time, he said so early in development (I'm pretty sure he hasn't said anything like that recently, at least).
As far as I'm concerned, Sakurai made no such comment. He did make a similar comment before Brawl's release, though, because he thought the online would spoil too many hidden characters.

Lord Goomy

Smash Apprentice
Ok on to this Mewtwo shot:

Now I will be comparing this to both Melee and Project M renders, first up Melee:

The distinct differences between this Mewtwo and his Melee render are the following:
1. No Mouth or Nostrils might just be bad photo quality
2. The tube that connects the head to the neck has A. different angle at its starting and ending points and B. A completely different curve then Melee and this is not a perspective thing. Also the Tube looks thinner.

Next onto Project Ms Mewtwo here is an ingame screenshot that is the closest I could find to resembling his pose in this CSS:

Once again there are a few differences such as:
1. The Eye Color is darker but this could be easily edited
2. Once again the Tubes is thicker and the curvature is not like the leaks.

Reasons to Discredit this leak:
1. That weird half circle on the right of the screen.
2. Bad Picture Quality
3. Off Information in the Post

EDIT: Also Mewtwo has a smaller head in this in comparison.
There is also that atrocious line thickness compared to the other character's borders. This thing is so fake it hurts. Literally. I think it's giving me a heart attack.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly nothing but video seems convincing anymore. I barely even believe that we're still due for those 4 more characters. But, Gematsu must've been on to something, and Dixie would be a hella easy clone addition and I love Ridley, so I want to believe.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
The List sounded legit and reasonable until I got to Ganondorf
Play in one stage 10 times or play 300 matches....really?
One of the methods to unlock Snake in Brawl was to play on Shadow Moses Island 15 times.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure actually. Lol. Has Sakurai confirmed that both the 3DS and the Wii U versions of the games would have same total number of stages?
It was never said if the stages would be the same amount.

All we know is that the 3DS version is putting an emphasis on handheld games, while the Wii U version is putting a emphasis on console games. Also, a majority of stages having an Final Destination version. Everything else is par for the course.

Last edited:

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
I'm not sure actually. Lol. Has Sakurai confirmed that both the 3DS and the Wii U versions of the games would have same total number of stages?
Sakurai has never said anything of the sort. As far as we know, it can be either way.

EDIT: :4greninja: 'd.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I would imagine they'd try keep the same total no. of stages equal between both versions. But if that were not the case, I'd imagine the Wii U due to hardware space. 3DS could have more though, as they don't need to work on detailing stages so much due to hardware limitations.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
That list is assuming that unlock methods are going to vary between consoles, right?
Because Gerudo Valley is only confirmed for the 3DS version iirc.
So that first unlock method would have to be different between the Wii U and 3DS versions.
Not saying it's impossible for the unlock methods to be different between consoles, just that this "leak" would require that to be true.
But I don't really believe it, either - again, it's just one of the tons of text "leaks" that have popped up since the inital leak was proven true.

Spiderfog

Smash Cadet
NNID
Spiderfog
3DS FC
4425-1483-7986
That list is assuming that unlock methods are going to vary between consoles, right?
Because Gerudo Valley is only confirmed for the 3DS version iirc.
So that first unlock method would have to be different between the Wii U and 3DS versions.
Not saying it's impossible for the unlock methods to be different between consoles, just that this "leak" would require that to be true.
But I don't really believe it, either - again, it's just one of the tons of text "leaks" that have popped up since the inital leak was proven true.
Yeah, these unlock methods are only for the 3DS version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom