• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Safe assumption based on the fact that the build was a few months ago. DLC is not out of the question however.
I see, well at least there is still a tiny glimse of hope then. Best case scenario here would be that IC, Lucas and Wolf needed a little more time to be worked on so they weren't in the build. But, i'm not holding my breath on it.

I do see DLC happening, looking at the treatment Mario Kart 8 is getting. If it does happen, IC, Lucas and Wolf would be no doubt the first contestants for it.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187

Apparently Wario isn't a starter anymore, as this is supposedly the starting roster that people found on the japanese eshop profile for the 3ds version.

Which makes me skeptical as to whether Ice Climbers, lucas and wolf are unlockables as well that simply weren't unlocked yet. I mean it seems weird to me that Ice Climbers who was a starter in both brawl AND melee get cut while the ROB and GnW both return. Sakurai also has said he wants to bring back retro characters so to see him cut one is odd. As for lucas i think many felt it odd that he was a starter in brawl over ness and wolf was one of the last characters you could unlock in brawl and i'm guessing he is like that in smash 4 just like how falco will be unlocked through 100 man multi-man smash again most likely.

I'm staying hopeful that the brawl cast will stay for the most part outside Squirtle Ivysaur and Snake.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will however point out that Yoshi's position is not a case of roster shifting causing Yoshi to be in an awkward spot.

Yes, he's wedged between the Mario characters. Big deal.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I will however point out that Yoshi's position is not a case of roster shifting causing Yoshi to be in an awkward spot.

Yes, he's wedged between the Mario characters. Big deal.
It's no big deal, though. The roster will sort itself like it did in Brawl when all characters are unlocked.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
Well, looking to the CSS leaked, I see that we have this:
48 characters confirmed by the leak
6 lines of selectable squares X 9 columns that aren't completely filled.
6 X 9 = 54.
48 plus 4 (Random and Miis) are 52.
There are just 2 slots left (Dixie and Mewtwo/Ridley?)
Note that I'm saying it IF the Miis get one slot each, but there is chance of them getting no slots or just one slot.
Also note that I'm saying this by the pattern of the CSS being usually uniform (it just wasn't in Melee, but was symmetric).
IF it's just symmetric like the Melee one, then there may be no one left.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yoshi's placement on the roster is totally natural to me, they really ought to just give him the Mario icon instead honestly, Yoshi's Island has never really stood well enough on its own things to the point where I feel it's a seperate franchise, almost all of its enemies are just Mario enemies and the whole damn plot of the game is to get Mario home. Heck, the first game is even called Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I guess it's just a leftover from Smash 64 when it was a bit more justifiable giving as many characters as possible a unique icon, and it really is a non-issue, but it still irks me, especially now that he's just lumped in with the Mario cast like he should be.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I like Yoshi having his own icon (I just wish they'd give him more content), but I'm also cool with him being in the middle of the Mario series. He's kinda the exception to the rule, ya know? He's Yoshi. Nuff said.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I thought the roster was going to be arranged in chronological order?
Or was that only for the order of characters in All-Star mode?

EDIT: Nevermind. I realized that wouldn't make sense because of where Pac-Man and the other third-parties are. (Unless they're an exception because they're third-parties, I guess.....)

Of course, where Mr. Game & Watch and some others are also suggests it's not chronological order in the leak....

Maybe I read something wrong.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/260757456/more-leaks-from-mother****ingleaker

View attachment 23581

This guy claims he's one of the Mother******* Leaker's friend and that he shared this pic with him. Apparently he says there's still 4 characters left to unlock.

Thoughts?

Looks so fishy
He speaks as if the ************ leaker was the guy who had access to the game, but he never did have access to the game, he just leaked pictures that was shared with him by the actual leaker, and that leaker supposedly only had access to the video anyways. Plus, that's Melee Mewtwo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

September 13th needs to hurry up, I'm getting sick of the speculation.

DuckHuntFTW

Smash Cadet
I hava quick qustion if you guys don't mind. With the new power the N3ds will have, does that mean assists will run at 60 fps now and will games like pokemon benefit from it too? (Mainly the dropped fps during battle with the 3d effect on)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Kirby is certainly getting really amazing perks this time with the amount of interesting movesets we're getting. The thing is, do we know if that mode changing thing is Shulk's Neutral B?
Shun's source (and therefore Ninka's source) mentioned that Shulk changed forms with his neutral B. His specials are likely Air Slash (up special), Monado Buff (neutral special), Vision Counter (down special) and Back Slash (side special.)

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Shun's source (and therefore Ninka's source) mentioned that Shulk changed forms with his neutral B. His specials are likely Air Slash (up special), Monado Buff (neutral special), Vision Counter (down special) and Back Slash (side special.)
This just sounds so...interesting! The buff thing is so unique, I love it! I'm so interested to see some real game play footage of both Shulk and DHD. I am so hyped to see these characters in action!

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I also forgot to mention, people seem to think I posted my leak after the 4chan leak, but I actually posted it a week before it got on there. My leak only got steam after it appeared their with more characters as well it seems.
Say, since, Ninka, you were the one who basically did the original, original leak (if that makes sense), I'd like to know at least 1 detail.
You say that Ice Climbers are being cut. These new leaks however, suggest we haven't seen the full roster, meaning they could be unlockables.
Are you absolutely sure that the Ice Climbers are cut? The same question would apply to Wolf and Lucas as well. The thing is, I'm not so sure you know the full roster, which is why I ask. Or is this something I should be asking Vaanrose?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
I've always been a ridley supporter. But I herby declare I believe he'll never be playable in a smash game. Sakurai just doesn't want to do it, or doesn't think it's possible. I thought this was the game for him, he's so way overdue. But still, nothing. The leak shows no Ridley. As much as I want him, I finally must accept...in the eyes of Sakurai and his dev team, Ridley is too big. I concede.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I wish that media event hadnt been emargoed. Eager to know more about DHD so i can comfortably move on with life until release without feeling an undying need to check this thread.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I've always been a ridley supporter. But I herby declare I believe he'll never be playable in a smash game. Sakurai just doesn't want to do it, or doesn't think it's possible. I thought this was the game for him, he's so way overdue. But still, nothing. The leak shows no Ridley. As much as I want him, I finally must accept...in the eyes of Sakurai and his dev team, Ridley is too big. I concede.
And this is why I have no problem with Sakurai's retirement.

Luke4496

Smash Rookie
And this is why I have no problem with Sakurai's retirement.
Wow much hate towards Sakurai I see. He's given us a great slection of characters. Just because the hype 3 probably won't be in doesn't mean this cast should be called bad!

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Sakurai isn't going to be in charge forever.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Not one bit of hate. I just think that after four games, someone else should be the lead designer. Especially if Sakurai can't get something done that some people on youtube can get done in their freetime.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Wow much hate towards Sakurai I see. He's given us a great slection of characters. Just because the hype 3 probably won't be in doesn't mean this cast should be called bad!
I agree, but more to the point we can't be sure we've seen the complete roster. People giving up hope at this stage of the game makes no sense. If you've stuck with the "hype 3" for all of the Smash 4 speculation so far, why would you give up two weeks from the end? I understand bracing yourself for the possibility of disappointment, but you wouldn't slow down in the last leg of a marathon, so why give up now of all times?

And calling out Sakurai for not putting Character X in the game is pretty poor when we don't even know that he hasn't put Character X in the game. Leave the mudslinging until we actually have proof.

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I don't want to criticize Sakurai like many here seems to be doing right now, but.

The fact that he cuts Lucas and Wolf, for being "semi-clones" yet he still adds Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Kinda makes it difficult to not be irritated at him.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Sakurai has given me Smash, my favorite series ever. But I do think that when a massive portion of your fan base is thirsting for a specific three characters so heavily that they end up being know in the community as the hype three, then it would be a good idea to make their inclusion a priority.

In any case, as I stated, I've accepted that Ridley will never be in a smash game and I'm sure I'll enjoy the new game for what it is.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sakurai has given me Smash, my favorite series ever. But I do think that when a massive portion of your fan base is thirsting for a specific three characters so heavily that they end up being know in the community as the hype three, then it would be a good idea to make their inclusion a priority.

In any case, as I stated, I've accepted that Ridley will never be in a smash game and I'm sure I'll enjoy the new game for what it is.
...this is true.
You would think the guy would try his best to get the fan favorites in above all else...

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to criticize Sakurai like many here seems to be doing right now, but.

The fact that he cuts Lucas and Wolf, for being "semi-clones" yet he still adds Dr. Mario and Dark Pit.

Kinda makes it difficult to not be irritated at him.
Except that that's not really accurate. Dr Mario and Dark Pit are very likely in the same boat as Lucina. They existed in the game as alternate costumes and were promoted. Said promotion consisted of moving their existing data to a new space and making a few minor tweaks. I doubt it would have taken their team more than a day to do this for all three characters. He would have to have built Lucas and Wolf from the ground up, which he may not have had time to do.

Of course, if you have a source for the claim that he cut Lucas and Wolf because they were semi-clones and not for literally any other reason,, then your argument would sound more reasonable.

I can understand being disappointed that Lucas and Wolf are gone, but saying that Sakurai chose clones over semi-clones is inaccurate. If Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina weren't in the game, we wouldn't get Lucas and Wolf back. We would just have three less characters.

...this is true.
You would think the guy would try his best to get the fan favorites in above all else...
Who says he hasn't? He may still reveal them. In fact, it makes more sense to reveal the fan favourites last to generate more hype for the game immediately before release.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think there's anything wrong with eventually wanting a different director. It's nothing against him, but the series could benefit from fresh direction.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Except that that's not really accurate. Dr Mario and Dark Pit are very likely in the same boat as Lucina. They existed in the game as alternate costumes and were promoted. Said promotion consisted of moving their existing data to a new space and making a few minor tweaks. I doubt it would have taken their team more than a day to do this for all three characters. He would have to have built Lucas and Wolf from the ground up, which he may not have had time to do.

Of course, if you have a source for the claim that he cut Lucas and Wolf because they were semi-clones and not for literally any other reason,, then your argument would sound more reasonable.

I can understand being disappointed that Lucas and Wolf are gone, but saying that Sakurai chose clones over semi-clones is inaccurate. If Dr Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina weren't in the game, we wouldn't get Lucas and Wolf back. We would just have three less characters.
I'm not really saying he chose clones over semi-clones, but their removal feels a lot more unjustified now that there are in fact more clones. While i do not have a source that specifically says Lucas and Wolf were cut for being semi-clones. It seems like the most reasonal assumption, seeing how previous clone/semi-clone characters have seen the same fate (Roy, Pichu, Young Link)

Though time constraints could have been the reason too, in that case they'd make a lot of sense for DLC.

Luke4496

Smash Rookie
I'm not even saying there's anything wrong with speculating the hype 3, I'm just saying that you shouldn't call this a bad selection. And who knows, Sakurai could have tried to put Ridley in but felt that there wasn't a way to get a good enough moveset out of him. And with Dixie Kong he may have tried to implement her once again like he tried to do in Brawl and still felt she wasn't good enough. I just don't think you guys should say he's not even trying to implement these characters in the game, when for all we know, he could very well have tried. And yes, I'm aware Sakurai will not be around forever, but I don't think Smash should get a new director unless it has too (and I believe there will be for the next smash game considering Sakurai's hand.) That being said I don't want Sakurai to stop directing Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom