• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
If it was wrong, then how on EARTH, MARS, THE SUN, AND THE MOON, did they predict Wii Fit Trainer? NO ONE saw her coming! EXCEPT GEMASTU!!!
That was part of the first leak, which I think was legit. The second one (Palutena, Pokemon x/y, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids) only got 1 and 1/2 right (as of right now). I don't think it's legit.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
They aren't identical, I had to photoshop the arm up to get it even close. It still doesn't look spot on:

Edit: Actually the render I used was different with the pupils I think. Maybe if you move the arm up, it is the render, just adjusted to look like the new Smash.
It makes sense. It's not too much work for creating renders partially from used someone else's work or orffiical art.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Nintendo Treehouse showed it at E3. You didn't even have to be at E3 to see it, as they broadcasted it live on the internet.
Yeah, and that select screen was entirely different than this screen so it can't confirm it. Secondly, that was from a demo build so it cannot be used as proof to deconfirm it. You have proven nothing on either end my friend. The final character select screen remains unknown.

Last edited:

classix410

Smash Cadet
I'm waiting on the next major leak sense sakurai has no attention on revealing any characters anytime soon,I am more excited to see leaks than the POTD ...This week was horrible for sakurai. I personally want to thank the leaker .
#TEAMLEAKSMASH

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
Regardless of whether or not the leak is real, there's room for five more characters.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Hmmm, no battery symbol. The pic of the day about music had a battery symbol, but this one doesn't...

Last edited:

negasilver63

Smash Rookie
This was a Klonoa "leak". Few days later, though, the leaker came out and said it was a fan-made artwork he made and posted on deviant art. If a regular person like this guy can make a model this good, then why should this leak be any different?
. . . I don't think it looks that good . . . .

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
I'm just gonna put this out there.

This is the 21st century. Even cameraphones don't have resolution that bad, and the only pictures that are ever blurry in the modern era are 'leaked' pictures.

Something to think about.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Has anyone explained how there are five characters on the shots yet?
I'm sure it has been, but in 120 pages of the previous leak and 30 here, I could not find any!

I'm just gonna put this out there.

This is the 21st century. Even cameraphones don't have resolution that bad, and the only pictures that are ever blurry in the modern era are 'leaked' pictures.

Something to think about.
Take out your phone and take a picture as if you arent supposed to be, unstabilized, in just a quick moment.
I agree with you when the person has an unlimited amount of time to just focus the lens, but when it is an 'illegal pic,' in a hide your phone' setting, pictures are blurry.

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So what's the verdict on this leak?
Some say it's true, some say it's false. With today's PotD, I now believe...

That Sakurai is a troll just trying to keep this going for as long as possible. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if this latest leak was posted by Sakurai himself as a fake final roster, just for kicks.

Master Shiv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiv_Games
The artwork for Dr. Mario looks like an edited version of this image of Mario:
image.jpg

Also, why are there five characters on the images that say, "Press Any Button"? I'm assuming that those screens are the battle start screens, but doesn't Super Smash Bros. support up to four players max?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Also, why are there five characters on the images that say, "Press Any Button"? I'm assuming that those screens are the battle start screens, but doesn't Super Smash Bros. support up to four players max?
Yeah, that is odd...
But as much as I think it's fake, maybe it's for that Beyblade like mini game in the E3 2014 trailer.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
It's probably the startup screen, with the character art scrolling along it.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Guys! and gals! I think sakurai just hinted at the lack of authenticity in that last character roster leak from 4chan with the latest potd. He wrote 'the design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it?" I take that as a statement that smash is being perfected down to the little things that shouldn't matter, therefore the character selection that was leaked doesnt meet the standards they're working towards with franchise characters not being grouped together as it has been the norm since the beginning. Thats just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

That Sakurai is a troll just trying to keep this going for as long as possible. Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if this latest leak was posted by Sakurai himself as a fake final roster, just for kicks.
Yea I wouldn't put that past him. He is a troll through and through.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Guys! and gals! I think sakurai just hinted at the lack of authenticity in that last character roster leak from 4chan with the latest potd. He wrote 'the design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it?" I take that as a statement that smash is being perfected down to the little things that shouldn't matter, therefore the character selection that was leaked doesnt meet the standards they're working towards with franchise characters not being grouped together as it has been the norm since the beginning. Thats just my 2 cents.
I think you may be overthinking it a tad... (Then again I think some posts here are overthinking :laugh: )

YAYCONFORMITY

Smash Apprentice

Maybe he's trying to troll... or... maybe... he's just worried about more important things like finishing up two major games.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Sakurai knows about this potential leak. He's probably gonna keep us in suspense for a while more and not post a pic of anything that proves or disproves those screenshots.

Master Shiv

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shiv_Games
I'm sure Sakurai knows about this potential leak. He's probably gonna keep us in suspense for a while more and not post a pic of anything that proves or disproves those screenshots.
Well, he did find out about the Palutena leak and posted Kid Icarus themed PotD's so I think you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom