• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
1. Just because I said a couple times it's fake, doesn't mean I'm saying 'It's 100% fake.' once again, I'm just being silly when I say 'fake'. Obviously I still think it's fake, but just saying 'fake' is quite silly, right?
2. I know you're not comparing me to those, but honestly, why comment on me and not them?
3. Like I said, I've stated a couple times it could be real, so don't just assume I'm one of those like 'It's 100% fake.'
Just for the sake of keeping things a bit more, let's say, tolerable, it'd probably be best to keep the fake claims to a minimum if that's all you're going to do, even in jest.
I also have commented on those other people, thank you for asking.
It's kind of easy to "assume" you're one of those 100% fake people since that's all you post lately. Can't detect meaning through text, you know.

Mewter

Smash Master
Can someone measure the width of Fox's box with robs ? I don't know how to go about it, but I want to confirm something.
Just cut both out and compared them. Fox's box fits within ROB's (makes sense due to perspective).
When inside ROB's, ROB's protrudes out on the top right and bottom left as far as I can tell.

Sorry no measurements.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Lets be honest. Just about everything that can be said, has been said. So were probably not gonna get anywhere until Sakurai gives us information pertaining to to the leak.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Just cut both out and compared them. Fox's box fits within ROB's (makes sense due to perspective).
When inside ROB's, ROB's protrudes out on the top right and bottom left as far as I can tell.

Sorry no measurements.
Ok it seems your good with images. I'd like to ask how come I can see grey between Fox's icon and the black border, but not between ROB's and the black border.?

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I know you can't, but that's why I put down the laughing emote. Honestly I didn't see how anyone could take that the wrong way.
It usually isn't taken the wrong way, but overusing it tends to develop an /unwanted/ effect, like what I explained earlier.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
This might have been shown already but I think i found where the Jigglypuff picture was taken from...

I just looked up Jigglypuff on google and it was the 4th image...

Mewter

Smash Master
Ok it seems your good with images. I'd like to ask how come I can see grey between Fox's icon and the black border, but not between ROB's and the black border.?
That's a good question, and if I had to hazard a guess as to why, I'd say it could be because the picture is displayed on a monitor with edges that come toward us (you can see some reflection of the top row on the bottom part of the top of the monitor). The edges can block the grey to the right of ROB.

Also remember that taking a picture while zoomed in on a camera (handling causes unsteadiness/blurring and digital cameras have pixel noise) as well as saving in JPEG format can cause tons of "static" and messiness in the image, hence irregularities in the grey area even when there is nothing in it.
It's also why everyone hates these leak photos, lol.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
That's a good question, and if I had to hazard a guess as to why, I'd say it could be because the picture is displayed on a monitor with edges that come toward us (you can see some reflection of the top row on the bottom part of the top of the monitor). The edges can block the grey to the right of ROB.

Also remember that zoomed in on a camera (introduces unsteadiness and pixel noise) as well as saving in JPEG format can cause tons of static and messiness in the image.
Interesting. So would that mean, the image within the monitor is off-centered, or that the image of the image on the monitor is off-centered?

Mewter

Smash Master
Interesting. So would that mean, the image within the monitor is off-centered, or that the image of the image on the monitor is off-centered?
The camera position is definitely a little off-center. We're looking up and to the left from a position under and to the right of center. The image on the screen may be a little off-center but I can't tell.

Last edited:

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Yeah, this probably is true.
Unless we can find some other proof at the moment, we'll just wait.
As much as I want this to be wrong I cant say for sure the only true source of truth is the one and only Sakurai he can end this he just be trolling so much

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
This might have been shown already but I think i found where the Jigglypuff picture was taken from...

I just looked up Jigglypuff on google and it was the 4th image...
They aren't identical, I had to photoshop the arm up to get it even close. It still doesn't look spot on:

Edit: Actually the render I used was different with the pupils I think. Maybe if you move the arm up, it is the render, just adjusted to look like the new Smash.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The waiting game sucks, let's play hungry hungry hippos.
Or let's play Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS! Oh wait... :laugh:
Hungry hippos or waiting sounds fun! :laugh:
Seriously though, hopefully the POTD will somehow confirms or deconfirms the leak somehow. If not, more waiting. -_-

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Oh please Sakurai debunk this or confirm it! I can't stand to this anymore, every place I go is LEAK LEAK LEAK LEAK TRUE TRUE TRUE FALSE FALSE FALSE FALSE...
I'm biased, everybody is being biased

Nikolo

Smash Rookie
Even if this is real, this is not going to be the final rooster, the character selection it's bad looking (the color for each character, no background, etc) and some of the characters are not in order (Lucina is not in the Fire Emblem line, same with Dark Pit and Dr.Mario). I know Nintendo, even if they don't treat their players well, they make really polished games.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's cause I hate main stream games like Zelda and Super Mario. I prefer stuff like Danganronpa, Fire Emblem, and The World Ends With You.

Yes Fire Emblem still isn't main stream.
Hate 'em? I am not much of super fan of Mario and I haven't played too many Zelda but they are still fun. I love FE and TWEWY too :) Which game is Danganronpa?

Seriously I also want an awesome roster. If Isaac is there, I would buy this game in a heartbeat whereas if not I will buy it a few times later when the community has learned more about the game and I have finished Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2.

I just want this leak to be fake. Some awesome candidates are not in that's why!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Even if this is real, this is not going to be the final rooster, the character selection it's bad looking (the color for each character, no background, etc) and some of the characters are not in order (Lucina is not in the Fire Emblem line, same with Dark Pit and Dr.Mario). I know Nintendo, even if they don't treat their players well, they make really polished games.
It's supposed to be the full roster, since it's the version off the ESRB disc. With Yoshi's misplacement and the fact that ESRB needs everything unlocked, I don't think it's real. Those two ideas just don't seem correct to me.

Hate 'em? I am not much of super fan of Mario and I haven't played too many Zelda but they are still fun. I love FE and TWEWY too :) Which game is Danganronpa?

Seriously I also want an awesome roster. If Isaac is there, I would buy this game in a heartbeat whereas if not I will buy it a few times later when the community has learned more about the game and I have finished Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2.

I just want this leak to be fake. Some awesome candidates are not in that's why!
Danganronpa is a visual novel like PS Vita game. Kind of like Phoenix Wright in terms of gameplay and story. I think I like Danganronpa just a little bit better.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
So no-one noticed my last post at all, huh?
Well good. Luckily good, actually! I didn't think about all the holes my idea had or what other things it could have implied until I made it.
Just something I'm clearing up before my theory gets panned to the ground.
...On another subject, however: those of you who are happy to try and prove this "leak" real, especially by trying to debunk theories claiming it fake... why are you happy to do that?
Would you be happy if this "leak" turned out to be true? Really?
I mean some people have different tastes I guess, but you would really have characters like (as it says on the image) Duck Hunt over Ice Climbers? Or Dr. Mario over Mewtwo!?
It's fine to think it's true, but I find it odd that anyone would be Ok with that.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
The only reason I KIND OF believed the leak, was because it featured new models. However, have a look at these:

http://imgur.com/a/Kmm1Z#34KPLDk

This was a Klonoa "leak". Few days later, though, the leaker came out and said it was a fan-made artwork he made and posted on deviant art. If a regular person like this guy can make a model this good, then why should this leak be any different?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The only reason I KIND OF believed the leak, was because it featured new models. However, have a look at these:

http://imgur.com/a/Kmm1Z#34KPLDk

This was a Klonoa "leak". Few days later, though, the leaker came out and said it was a fan-made artwork he made and posted on deviant art. If a regular person like this guy can make a model this good, then why should this leak be any different?
Oh yeah, forgot about that Klonoa thing. Though I'm Team Fake, the Klonoa did look cartoony...
But then again slap it in a blurry 3DS picture like this one and it'd look great.

Malion

Smash Ace
It's fake guys, that's obvious... I mean if it was real then where is Pink Gold Peach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom