• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post-Pound Smashfest February 25 in Midtown Toronto

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to make this clear this time.

Location: 8 Glenayr Road (Use mapquest/googlemaps because its hard to find. Nearest major intersection St.clair/Spadina)
Closest Subway Station: St. Clair West. (Heath Street Side)
What to bring: Setup, Controller, 5 Dollars for food and stuffs, Small tv would be nice but I have lots
They'll be pizza and drinks and lots of space/setups so come.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah its mainly melee. I honestly don't think well play any other game.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'd be interested, the time says 22-26 so is this a week long thing?

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
So I'm doing it on saturday. Makes the most sense.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
I really need people to bring setups. Left mine back at kingston as I was traveling by bus.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Had to change the date to friday the 25th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Im on reading week so anytime after noon.

PLEASE post to confirm you are coming so I have a good idea how many tvs I need to scrounge up. Last time I set up 5 and we used 1-2.

idea

Smash Master
anyone from pre-brawl era going?

also I have the project M demo if nobody has it yet.
maaaybe...are you?

the project m demo is alright. i want to see more of the new characters, though, since i don't really have any reason to play project m and just pick fox or something.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
maaaybe...are you?

the project m demo is alright. i want to see more of the new characters, though, since i don't really have any reason to play project m and just pick fox or something.
I might be depending on who else goes. I'd just be dropping by for a few games and see some old faces.

Me and Adnan tried out project M earlier this week, I was actually kind of impressed. Nothing I'd be willing to go to tournaments for but then again I don't even go to tournaments anymore :awesome:.

idea

Smash Master
lol yeah, i know what you mean. the physics are fun and that's what's important.

yeah, so any of the top four going to this? (one of you must be reading the thread at least)...i know ryan went last time.

sauc3

Smash Lord
im thinkin about going, gotta get some money together,

can anyone house me till the next day? its hard for me to make it back to my place late at night.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Hey sauc, Ive been training my young link in secret. U dead.

Edit: If you guys want peeps to go pm/ call them simple as that. You can sleep here dude. Bring setups.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'll come to this. I can bring a game cube with melee that's about it.

Some other people might come to this including peterx, massola, and others...they don't post that often though....

Should I tell my friends to post here if they wanna come?

EDIT: if anyone needs a ride from unionville, markham let me know.

Gichan

Smash Champion
A friend of mine wants to go is that cool? He's been to the last two melee tournaments he goes by alan or knee.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Its so short. You get out at the heath street side at st.clair west station and turn right into the ravine. Walk straight until there's clearing with a street. It has a metal bar and is very easy to see. My house is number 8 on that street literally 50 steps away. The whole thing takes less than 5 minutes.

Yeah everybody is welcome and I highly suggest the above method if you are not driving.

Nah, as long as I now there will be a decent turn out Ill take some steps to get more tvs.

idea

Smash Master
well, alright, if a bunch of people are confirmed for actual then i'll definitely go.

switchblade are you still gonna come? (wow, i forgot your real name =/ i guess that means it's been too long)

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
well, alright, if a bunch of people are confirmed for actual then i'll definitely go.

switchblade are you still gonna come? (wow, i forgot your real name =/ i guess that means it's been too long)
its Matt, KYLE ಠ_ಠ lol

probably not till the evening if its ok with the host. I'm gonna be heading there straight from my school in brampton, I'm gonna find out just how long it takes Nightmare to get to toronto since my school is a few blocks away from his house lol.

since I'm coming all the way from there I'm only gonna be able to bring my wii with project M and my copy of Melee.

Kinda funny, when I was still in the scene I had like 4 tvs in my basement for tournaments. Now all but a tiny one covered in penguin stickers somehow disappeared. =S

idea

Smash Master
its Matt, KYLE ಠ_ಠ lol

probably not till the evening if its ok with the host. I'm gonna be heading there straight from my school in brampton, I'm gonna find out just how long it takes Nightmare to get to toronto since my school is a few blocks away from his house lol.

since I'm coming all the way from there I'm only gonna be able to bring my wii with project M and my copy of Melee.

Kinda funny, when I was still in the scene I had like 4 tvs in my basement for tournaments. Now all but a tiny one covered in penguin stickers somehow disappeared. =S
MATT WAS TOTALLY MY FIRST GUESS!

lol sorry. don't take it personally though, i'm just bad with names. i kept forgetting kurtis' name even after we'd teamed at something <_<

oh, and i'll bring my wii with melee.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
If sauc3 has an extra controller I would like to use it. My controller is on its last legs. If you don't have one its fine.

Top Bottom